Pivos AIOS HD Media Center: The *Semiofficial* Thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 1117 Old 01-19-2012, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
3TB WD were reported to work fine on the AIOS.

Generally its not recommended to repeatedly swap the internal HDD of the AIOS between the AIOS and the PC.

The proper way to do it is to either use the AIOS as an enclosure (using the USB 3.0 port) to your PC or to get an external USB enclosure and use it between both the AIOS and your PC.

All the busybox based appliances will need the ext3 partition which is created when the HDD is formatted using the AIOS interface (about 150MB) for the builtin ftp/smb/p2p programs to run properly. That said if you don't plan to make use of these programs some reported success with a single NTFS partition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandwhite View Post

Hello,

I'm interested in this player but have read about hdd compatibility issues. If I take a hdd out of the pc and plug it in the aios, it won't work because the aios can only work with hdd partitioned/formatted to its own way.

Am I mistaken about this? If not, will this be corrected in a future firmware? The hdd I'm using is a WD 3TB hdd partitioned in gparted with GUID partition table (GPT) and a single 3TB NTFS partition.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 1117 Old 01-20-2012, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by aasoror View Post

XtrAIOS firmware has a web remote. I haven't used it in a while, GusGus748s can you confirm ?

I'm not sure if it does or doesn't. I won't be able to tell you any time soon either. I ended up at the Hospital ER last night. Apparently, I had an allergic reaction to something I ate after I got to work.

I'll be home soon.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Home Theater Set Up:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #33 of 1117 Old 01-20-2012, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

I'm not sure if it does or doesn't. I won't be able to tell you any time soon either. I ended up at the Hospital ER last night. Apparently, I had an allergic reaction to something I ate after I got to work.

I'll be home soon.

Sorry to hear about it,
Get well soon
post #34 of 1117 Old 01-20-2012, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Sorry to hear about it,
Get well soon

aasoror,

So, any idea on the telnet code for my shares? W7 PC-->AIOS Favorite--->HD MOVIES / SD MOVIES.

After I use the IP for shares there are other folder that I can't access due to user / password protection, but i can access HD MOVIES / SD MOVIES without a password.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #35 of 1117 Old 01-20-2012, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Remote control:
This is most thing I hate about this box. Not only isn't unjustifiably big, but also the button placement makes absolutely no sense, compare with the PBO to envy the PBO owners
And whats with the unused buttons ?! the manual said the 4 buttons are for the DTV model. Why they heck should a remote for a device has buttons for some yet to be release device, especially that the remote is not a universal one.

I read on one of the review sites that Pivos was going to update and replace the LARGE remote with a smaller (and luminous) one. Is this true?

http://www.missingremote.com/review/...d-media-player
post #36 of 1117 Old 01-20-2012, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

XtrAIOS firmware has a web remote. I haven't used it in a while, GusGus748s can you confirm ?

I'm finally home from the Hospital...I'm afraid to eat anything now since they weren't sure what food made me a have an allergic reaction.

Anyway, I check the XtrAIOS FW 3.0.11 that I am using, and I didn't see an option for web remote.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #37 of 1117 Old 01-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Hi there all

Does the pivos correctly output 24hz and also 23.976hz?
As blurays are authored for both.
post #38 of 1117 Old 01-20-2012, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild22 View Post

Hi there all

Does the pivos correctly output 24hz and also 23.976hz?
As blurays are authored for both.

PIVOS/AIOS has an option under set up to turn on/off 1080p 24hz. All my BD movies are ripped with clownbd wiht 23.976/24 hz and they play flawlessly with AIOS just like I was playing the disk.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #39 of 1117 Old 01-20-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:

All the busybox based appliances will need the ext3 partition which is created when the HDD is formatted using the AIOS interface (about 150MB) for the builtin ftp/smb/p2p programs to run properly. That said if you don't plan to make use of these programs some reported success with a single NTFS partition.

Thanks aasoror. Can you use a USB flash drive instead for this ext3 partition?
post #40 of 1117 Old 01-21-2012, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Where do I get the firmware update released on 1/72012. The latest one I can find is the one released on 12/7 on the Pivos thread
post #41 of 1117 Old 01-21-2012, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dog View Post

Where do I get the firmware update released on 1/72012. The latest one I can find is the one released on 12/7 on the Pivos thread

1-5-12 R15

http://pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=250

Home Theater Set Up:

post #42 of 1117 Old 01-21-2012, 08:21 PM

I also would like to know why you have to set the unit to 7.1 output to get DTS HD and DD MA to work when you have a 5.1 system and when there is a 5.1 output option for DTS MA and DD HD. I would like to know why it doesnt work when you set it to 5.1.

I fear that it will send "back" channel information to my rear speakers when it should be sending "surround" channel information due to my 5.1 setup but being forced to select the 7.1 option on the Pivos

Thanks
post #43 of 1117 Old 01-21-2012, 10:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I also would like to know why you have to set the unit to 7.1 output to get DTS HD and DD MA to work when you have a 5.1 system and when there is a 5.1 output option for DTS MA and DD HD. I would like to know why it doesnt work when you set it to 5.1.

I fear that it will send "back" channel information to my rear speakers when it should be sending "surround" channel information due to my 5.1 setup but being forced to select the 7.1 option on the Pivos

Thanks

I don't know the answer to that question since I had it hooked up to my 7.1 system for testing only. It worked fine. I have it in the master bedroom now with 2.1.

What type of file are you playing m2ts, mkv, ISO? Is it a blu-ray or DVD? And do you know the type of sound true-hd, etc.

Also does it do with every movie you play? I'm wondering if it's related to the type of sound...it may be its just a bug that needs to get fixed.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #44 of 1117 Old 01-21-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:

I don't know the answer to that question since I had it hooked up to my 7.1 system for testing only. It worked fine. I have it in the master bedroom now with 2.1.

What type of file are you playing m2ts, mkv, ISO? Is it a blu-ray or DVD? And do you know the type of sound true-hd, etc.

Also does it do with every movie you play? I'm wondering if it's related to the type of sound...it may be its just a bug that needs to get fixed.

I was using ISO's ripped with DVD Fab and I ripped "Main Movie Only" It was for Blu Ray and the same thing happened for DTS-MA and DD-HD.

The Blu Rays are DTS-MA 5.1 in their orginal state. So why wont the receiver pick up the DTS-MA signal when the AIOS is set to 5.1 output. When I hit the info button on the AIOS while the video is playing, it even says DTS-MA is playing, but not on my receiever. Change it to 7.1 (even though I only have 5.1 speakers) and it works.

Seems like a bug in the firmware?
post #45 of 1117 Old 01-21-2012, 10:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I was using ISO's ripped with DVD Fab and I ripped "Main Movie Only" It was for Blu Ray and the same thing happened for DTS-MA and DD-HD.

The Blu Rays are DTS-MA 5.1 in their orginal state. So why wont the receiver pick up the DTS-MA signal when the AIOS is set to 5.1 output. When I hit the info button on the AIOS while the video is playing, it even says DTS-MA is playing, but not on my receiever. Change it to 7.1 (even though I only have 5.1 speakers) and it works.

Seems like a bug in the firmware?

It might be. I didn't noticed this issue due to having my 7.1 set up. If I've got time tomorrow I'll move my AIOS to my living room and hook it up again and see if I get the same issue.

Have you tried using the XtrAIOS FW to see if you get the same issue?

Home Theater Set Up:

post #46 of 1117 Old 01-21-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:

It might be. I didn't noticed this issue due to having my 7.1 set up. If I've got time tomorrow I'll move my AIOS to my living room and hook it up again and see if I get the same issue.

Have you tried using the XtrAIOS FW to see if you get the same issue?

I would appreciate it if you would try this out on a 5.1 system!

I have not tried the XtrAIOS FW becuase it seems that everyone seems to switch back to the regular AIOS FW and because the Pivos forums say they will not support other FW's and I need lots of support

But if the majority of the people think other FW's are better, I will use those!
post #47 of 1117 Old 01-21-2012, 11:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I would appreciate it if you would try this out on a 5.1 system!

I have not tried the XtrAIOS FW becuase it seems that everyone seems to switch back to the regular AIOS FW and because the Pivos forums say they will not support other FW's and I need lots of support

But if the majority of the people think other FW's are better, I will use those!

I tried using the semi official FW for the AIOS, and I didn't like it because I could't get the Jukebox to work due not being able to do my shares via telnet to AIOS.

I also like the XtrAIOS colors and UI better as well.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #48 of 1117 Old 01-21-2012, 11:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
The Xtra firmware was just hard to navigate for me and many of the features were renamed so it was hard to tell what did what but many folks still like it.
I could hardly see some of the info and things on my now tiny 34" HD CRT screen and the regular semi official firmware is easier to see and navigate so I went back to it, plus it is getting lots of updates lately.
Use whatever works best for you and what you want to accomplish just remember on the official forum they don't want anyone to post about it except to maybe mention it's out there and hit the wiki in aasoror sig if you want to try it and chat about it.
Sounds like even aasoror went back to the semi official one now that he mainly maintains and works on it with a few other users help. At least Pivos is fine with him and others doing this as WD kinda locked all their newer players down so no more hacked/modifieed firmware would let Netflicks and a lot of other features work once you installed anything other then factory.
post #49 of 1117 Old 01-22-2012, 09:24 AM

I have an external USB 2.0 drive with about 750 gigs of material on it I am trying to copy to the AOIS. I plugged it in directly to the AOIS and started copying the entire contents of the external drive to the internal HDD in the AOIS.

Its been going for about 12 hours and is still only about 62% done.

Does this seem normal for it to take this long?

Also, what is the best way to configure networking if I have a hardwired ethernet cable hooked into the AOIS. I primarily want fast transfer speeds to dump my ripped files into the AOIS from my home computer that is networked to the AIOS via ethernet cable
post #50 of 1117 Old 01-22-2012, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have an external USB 2.0 drive with about 750 gigs of material on it I am trying to copy to the AOIS. I plugged it in directly to the AOIS and started copying the entire contents of the external drive to the internal HDD in the AOIS.

Also, what is the best way to configure networking if I have a hardwired ethernet cable hooked into the AOIS. I primarily want fast transfer speeds to dump my ripped files into the AOIS from my home computer that is networked to the AIOS via ethernet cable

The fasted transfer speed if you are super duper lucky will be 6 mbps. That's pretty much with any media player you get. They are pretty much made for playing the media. That's the reason I don't like to use an internal hdd in it.

So I've got everything centralize in an 4 bay external hdd connected via esata to my W7 PC. Until I complete my unRAID server.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #51 of 1117 Old 01-22-2012, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That's a long time. I'm not sure if that's normal or not. I think it would be faster if you use the 3.0 USB slave hook up connected to your PC and do it that way.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #52 of 1117 Old 01-22-2012, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, since the XtrAIOS will not be supported anymore....I'm going to switch back to the Semi-Official FW. So, I will try to add my movies to my favorites so I can access them quicker, but last time I tried doing this it was not possible.

So, my question is: I am using a Mede8er and Y2M Mede8er Jukebox, which works pretty good for my HD Movies only.

Can I use the metadata / art that was scrapped from the Y2M Mede8er jukebox with the AIOS semi-official FW?

Also why can't I see my shares under workgroup?

Thanks

aasoror....or anyone else who can help me with this.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #53 of 1117 Old 01-22-2012, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Quote:

PIVOS/AIOS has an option under set up to turn on/off 1080p 24hz. All my BD movies are ripped with clownbd wiht 23.976/24 hz and they play flawlessly with AIOS just like I was playing the disk.

Does it send a 1080p/24 signal to your tv from the BD rip? I'm asking because I have some 1080p/24 m2ts files and, when played back on a Patriot Box Office, the signal is sent at 1080p/60 even though I have the 24hz option enabled in my Patriot. This happens regardless of whether the Patriot is connected directly to my tv or through my receiver.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
post #54 of 1117 Old 01-22-2012, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post

Does it send a 1080p/24 signal to your tv from the BD rip? I'm asking because I have some 1080p/24 m2ts files and, when played back on a Patriot Box Office, the signal is sent at 1080p/60 even though I have the 24hz option enabled in my Patriot. This happens regardless of whether the Patriot is connected directly to my tv or through my receiver.

Thanks

Well, I moved my AIOS to the master bedroom, and I don't have surround sound there, it is just connected to the TV via HDMI, and under info while playing the tv it shows playing at 24 hz.

My other TV automatically detects at what rate it is playing and it shows it on the top left corner when the movies starts. I never really payed attention to that since all my movies play fine with excellent quality.

I'll have to move it back to the living room to test some other stuff. May be tomorrow. I won't have time tonight.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #55 of 1117 Old 01-22-2012, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks

I can confirm that too, my TV flashes and displays 1080p/24 status at the movie playback, that said I also got that with my PBOs running the MedeBO firmware.
post #56 of 1117 Old 01-22-2012, 07:21 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

I can confirm that too, my TV flashes and displays 1080p/24 status at the movie playback, that said I also got that with my PBOs running the MedeBO firmware.

Hmmmmm, interesting as I do NOT get 1080/24 with my PBO running med8er software. Wonder if I am missing a setting or something. I DO get high def audio bitstreamed as I have the (+) chip in mine....\\interesting...
post #57 of 1117 Old 01-22-2012, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamerlover View Post

Hmmmmm, interesting as I do NOT get 1080/24 with my PBO running med8er software. Wonder if I am missing a setting or something. I DO get high def audio bitstreamed as I have the (+) chip in mine....\\interesting...

mine was the earlier unit with the original 1073 (not the + chip), not sure if that has anything to do with it though,
post #58 of 1117 Old 01-22-2012, 07:30 PM

Quote:

mine was the earlier unit with the original 1073 (not the + chip), not sure if that has anything to do with it though,

HA! That would be my luck! I have one of those sitting here as well, when I get a free moment I will break it out as well. You running the lastest medebo ?
So, I could get 1080p/24 with NO HD audio or HD audio and no 1080p/24!
post #59 of 1117 Old 01-23-2012, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Quote:

I'm running Medebo 5249 on my 1073 C+ PBO and cannot get the unit to output 1080p/24 even though I have straight rips from a BR disc.
post #60 of 1117 Old 01-23-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:

I'm running Medebo 5249 on my 1073 C+ PBO and cannot get the unit to output 1080p/24 even though I have straight rips from a BR disc.

running MedeBO_V4.0.4_SHIZZL_MOD_3.2 on ym pbo with the 1073 c+ and can't get 1080p/24 either...
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page