Pivos AIOS HD Media Center: The *Semiofficial* Thread - Page 38 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1111 of 1117 Old 05-06-2014, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
what format does the aios format a internal HD into? trying to see if i can pull drive out of aios put it in pc and convert it to GPT without losing my movies but not sure if that can be done
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1112 of 1117 Old 05-06-2014, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo5111 View Post

what format does the aios format a internal HD into? trying to see if i can pull drive out of aios put it in pc and convert it to GPT without losing my movies but not sure if that can be done
You can't switch from MBR to GPT without losing your data.
If you need to backup, then if you formatted the HDD inside your AIOS using the stock firmware it will be formatted in NTFS.
If you have used the ext3 option in the semiofficial firmwares then it will be in EXT3.
If you want to backup the HDD I suggest you just connect the AIOS via the blue USB 3.0 data port and back it up that. Additionally, you can also switch to GPT without moving the HDD out of the AIOS (using something like partition wizard).
post #1113 of 1117 Old 05-06-2014, 01:09 PM

Liked: 10
ok thanks smile.gif
post #1114 of 1117 Old 05-31-2014, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Wanted to thank aasoror for all his hard work. I am leaving the PIVOS family of products. Looks like their more powerful quad core units not arriving even this year. Great stuff on paper but vapor ware is simply that, vapor.

Would like to have stayed simply because of aasoror. But this is just too long of a delay even with his excellent support.

As they say in the movies,

"So long and thanks for all the fish"

E.B. White said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
post #1115 of 1117 Old 07-06-2014, 12:00 AM

Liked: 0
I have had a pivos Aios since it came out and wondered if the ds gives you more or better content or if there is something new out there that is better than this. Mine works good but some of the good sites are either removed or don,t work any longer. I have been a member for about 2 years here but use the other site most of the time but haven't seen any change since Jan 2014 and wondered if they have gave up on it.I got fast internet but getting a lot of 404s lately so maybe time to upgrade to something better.thanks guysgod bless
post #1116 of 1117 Old 07-06-2014, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I think the Aios is pretty much at the end of it's life now, they have moved on to the Android based media player things with quad core CPU's and stuff more like a mini tablet/TV/media player thing and I think there are quite a few good ones out there, I know Pivos makes one and aasoror helps support it but not sure how much it does like this guy, and how much is more like a good tablet that does everything.
I still use mine to play all my networked TV captures and things, plus some of the extras still work when I get bored and hunt around for things.
Don't think they updated the firmware for a while but hope they do at least fix bugs and maybe still add things once and a while.
I might do some research and get one of those android based units when enough money pops up and see how they do, I really like my Tablet and everything it can do for free.
post #1117 of 1117 Old 07-16-2014, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 162
I have to say- after owning a half dozen different media players- some in excess of $200- I have to say that my only regret is I didn't build a $170 NUC like I am now to run xbmc sooner. Would've saved me a lot of time and money, lol. Beautiful. Reliable. Flexible. Here to stay.

What else can you ask for?

Good luck men.

James
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page