Netgear AV500, bad outlets, help! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-26-2012, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been using the AV500 Powerline Adapter between my router in my office (2nd floor) to my rec room in the basement. This works great, never a problem with both Tx and Rx approaching or over 200 MBPS.

When I added a third and fourth AV500 to my master bedroom and living room, both outlets get the amber light and the Netgear utility only very sporadically sees these devices on the network. I need to use these particular outlets in the LR and MBR as the TV is there and cannot be moved and I need to stream HD video over wires, not wireless.

What if anything can I do to improve the compatibility of these outlets for the transmitting receiving with the AV500? The house was constructed in 1999.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2012, 04:08 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinuxBob View Post

I have been using the AV500 Powerline Adapter between my router in my office (2nd floor) to my rec room in the basement. This works great, never a problem with both Tx and Rx approaching or over 200 MBPS.

When I added a third and fourth AV500 to my master bedroom and living room, both outlets get the amber light and the Netgear utility only very sporadically sees these devices on the network. I need to use these particular outlets in the LR and MBR as the TV is there and cannot be moved and I need to stream HD video over wires, not wireless.

What if anything can I do to improve the compatibility of these outlets for the transmitting receiving with the AV500? The house was constructed in 1999.

Powerline issues can be hard to sort out. But if you want try moving the circuit in your ac box. You do this by swapping breaker locations to one on the same side as the working powerline. What i mean is you want to try and be on the same phase on your ac wiring. Every other ac breaker are on the same phase. To swap pull out the breaker and swap the connecting wire with another to get all on the same phase. That should help.

Bob Silver
Netgear AV Consultant.