Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #751 of 761 Old 08-10-2014, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 75
I replaced my router yesterday and foolishly neglected to shut down the unRaid server first. I ended up hard powering it down with the power button. Of course upon power up this initiated a full parity check. I am not able to log in to the console using //tower or the ip address I used before. I pulled out a monitor and keyboard to log in that way. I can see the parity check is done and ifconfig eth0 shows the same ipIP address I had before. Of course my router doesn't see it and my workgroup doesn't see it. The router is using a different range of IP addresses than my old one did. I was on 192.168.2.10 before. The new router is at 192.168.1.2 through 192.168.1.253. How can I get the server to release that old IP and see a new one via DHCP from the new router?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 761 Old 08-10-2014, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone7 View Post
I replaced my router yesterday and foolishly neglected to shut down the unRaid server first. I ended up hard powering it down with the power button. Of course upon power up this initiated a full parity check. I am not able to log in to the console using //tower or the ip address I used before. I pulled out a monitor and keyboard to log in that way. I can see the parity check is done and ifconfig eth0 shows the same ipIP address I had before. Of course my router doesn't see it and my workgroup doesn't see it. The router is using a different range of IP addresses than my old one did. I was on 192.168.2.10 before. The new router is at 192.168.1.2 through 192.168.1.253. How can I get the server to release that old IP and see a new one via DHCP from the new router?
if you have access still with a monitor and keyboard you should be able to access the flash, then config and then network.cnfg and change the Unraid IP address
post #753 of 761 Old 08-10-2014, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestewman View Post
if you have access still with a monitor and keyboard you should be able to access the flash, then config and then network.cnfg and change the Unraid IP address

Any idea what command I use to access that flash drive? It's been a few years since I had to do anything to this server which has been nice until I have a problem. I must have an older version because I was able to cleanly shutdown from the command prompt using STOP, SYNC, POWERDOWN.

Upon restart it still gets that old IP address. Unplugged Ethernet cable, rebooted router, keeps getting the same old IP from the old router.
post #754 of 761 Old 08-10-2014, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Yes! Just had the bright idea (actually I read it somewhere) to try hooking up my old router. I did that and was able to access the server using the web utility. I went into setting and changed the static IP I had setup to obtain address automatically and saved the changes. Shut down the server, disconnected the old router, hooked the new one back up and there was TOWER showing up in my workgroup. I was able to access it at //TOWER and through the actual new IP address that the new router assigned.

Thanks for helping me think and get it done!
post #755 of 761 Old 08-11-2014, 10:48 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 902 Post(s)
Liked: 808
That was one reason I never set my unRAIDs to static IPs. I have them set to automatci and just use DHCP reservation from my router.

Has there been any new update on the unRAID software? I guess I should check out the forums. It's been a while since I've done anything with my unRAIDs other than tunring them on, using them, and turning them off. My three unRAID setups have been solid. So I'm always leary anytime I update the unRAID software.

40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #756 of 761 Old 08-11-2014, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
That was one reason I never set my unRAIDs to static IPs. I have them set to automatci and just use DHCP reservation from my router.

Has there been any new update on the unRAID software? I guess I should check out the forums. It's been a while since I've done anything with my unRAIDs other than tunring them on, using them, and turning them off. My three unRAID setups have been solid. So I'm always leary anytime I update the unRAID software.
There might be newer versions with some neat stuff added depending on what version you are using.
Latest is Beta 6v6. Rock solid.
Coming soon is ver 7.
post #757 of 761 Old 08-11-2014, 04:42 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestewman View Post
There might be newer versions with some neat stuff added depending on what version you are using.
Latest is Beta 6v6. Rock solid.
Coming soon is ver 7.
6v6? I'm think I still on version 5.

LED DLP
post #758 of 761 Old 08-11-2014, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Nothing wrong with version 5. Version 6 is still in beta but has some improved operating things for
people not so skilled in Linux command line.
Also it is a 64 bit system.
post #759 of 761 Old 08-12-2014, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

I think I'm on version 4. something. I actually bought the server preconfigured for unRaid from a forum member here. Loaded my own drives and never looked back. It's been bullet proof (knock on wood) for a few years now and the most worry free method I have found to stream my movies. This little networking hiccup was totally my fault and could have been prevented with 2 minutes of planning and changing that static IP to DHCP before disconnecting everything. I think my old router was kind of sketchy with DHCP so someone suggested I set a static IP and that worked well until I changed routers. Oh well, hopefully I won't be doing that again for a while.
post #760 of 761 Old 08-14-2014, 06:42 PM
AVS Club Gold

I guess I am already on the latest non-beta release. I have 5.0.5 on all three of my unRAID setups. Although I see they plan on coming out with a 5.0.6 at some point. I'll need to do some reading on the Beta 6 versions. I'll need to download it one day and try it out on a test setup. I have a spare unRAID pro USB key lying around here somewhere.

LED DLP

Last edited by aaronwt; 08-14-2014 at 06:56 PM.
post #761 of 761 Old 08-15-2014, 08:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I guess I am already on the latest non-beta release. I have 5.0.5 on all three of my unRAID setups. Although I see they plan on coming out with a 5.0.6 at some point. I'll need to do some reading on the Beta 6 versions. I'll need to download it one day and try it out on a test setup. I have a spare unRAID pro USB key lying around here somewhere.
I believe there was a post in the unRaid forum that there would be no further 5.0 releases since work has progressed so well on 6.0.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Popcorn Hour C 200 Networked Media Tank Black , The Boxee Box By D Link Hd Streaming Media Player

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page