Netflix problem using WDTV Live Hub - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-21-2012, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have had the WD Live Hub for a while now and all seems to work just fine, but recently I decided to set up Netflix on it. Everything went fine got through all the start pages and setups without any issues. Searched movies and decided to play a Movie tonight, clicked play and all seem to start just fine but there was no picture......Sound is perfectly fine movie seems to load fine but the TV screen is completely black!

I can play videos and all other services without issue, netflix seems to be the only service that will not work properly! I called Netflix and they dont have a clue, i didnt expect much from them anyways.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with the WD Live Hub when trying to use Netflix? Any idea's??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-19-2012, 03:59 AM

Hi,

Experiencing the same issue. Running TV Live into Panasonic BTT370 receiver onto LG TV, using HDMI 1.4a cables.

Select movie - loading bar comes then disappears - sound plays with no picture.

This is temporarily solved by going back to Netflix, exiting out of it back to the home screen and then going back in. It's a real pain to do and I can't find any solve other than that bodge.

Also I've been experiencing an issue when powering off the unit at the wall. When I do this I have to hard reset the unit to get a picture to come back on, meaning I have to re-set up the unit every time. Nightmare. I know that's a different forum post but thought it may be something you're experiencing with your unit.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-17-2012, 09:54 PM

I'm having a similar problem...
Samsung Flat Panel Plasma TV connected to WDTV Live Plus;
When running Netflix on WDTV TV shuts itself off and begins making a clicking noise (sounds like the TV is turning on and off) but never turns back on. Nothing seems to help (unplug, power button on TV or remote). No similar problems when watching regular cable (yet) but no solutions and NetFlix/WDTV is the backbone of our system. Thoughts? Thanks!
post #4 of 4 Old 09-21-2012, 07:15 AM

Same issue here with the WD TV Live (lucky to be in the 30 day return policy from Amazon).

It is an HDMI HDCP issue with our TVs, and the fact that the WD TV Live, and TV Live Hub do not work with a lot of TVs via HDMI. What you need to do is switch the input to Component cables for Netflix, and you will get back Netflix in HD, and SD.

I am swapping my WD TV Live for the WD TV Hub since the Hub has component outs, the TV Live does not have components out only composite out.

I had to setup my cable HD DVR box this way as well do to the HDCP issue with my TV's solo HDMI input.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page