Sirius Radio not allowing login with Yamaha RX-A1010 - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 143 Old 04-24-2013, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi there-

Could you please send us an email with your contact information to SXM_Help@siriusxm.com, so we can discuss this in more detail.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 143 Old 04-25-2013, 01:31 PM

Liked: 10
Same problem with a RX-V3900. Any suggestions SiriusXM Care Team?
post #93 of 143 Old 04-25-2013, 01:32 PM

Same problem with an RX-V3900. Any suggestions SiriusXM Digital Care Team?
post #94 of 143 Old 04-25-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMHelp View Post

Hi there-

Could you please send us an email with your contact information to SXM_Help@siriusxm.com, so we can discuss this in more detail.

Thanks,

email sent. Thanks.
post #95 of 143 Old 05-07-2013, 07:55 AM

Broken again??!

I have an RX-V867 and had been experiencing the same issues with Sirius IR discussed earlier in the thread. The issue was resolved or so I thought by a firmware update some months ago. I saw a new firmware update advertised the other day (2.43) and applied it. My bad, I guess, since I am back to the same issue. Sirius IR says 'Not Connected' despite the fact that network is fine; if I remove my Sirius account and sign in again, I am back to 'Invalid username'.

This is totally ridiculous. Not sure if this is a Yamaha or Sirius issue but this is very disappointing.
post #96 of 143 Old 05-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 39
post #97 of 143 Old 05-07-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainVideoJW View Post

Will the trial work?
No, sir. Tried that this morning, too.
post #98 of 143 Old 05-08-2013, 10:16 AM

And it is mysteriously working again. The Sirius customer care rep seemed aware that an issue had been "resolved" but didn't provide any additional details.
CaptainVideoJW likes this.
post #99 of 143 Old 05-09-2013, 10:33 AM

Hi everyone-

If you're still experiencing this, could you please send us an email with your contact information to SXM_Help@siriusxm.com, so we can help you.

Thanks,
CaptainVideoJW likes this.
post #100 of 143 Old 05-10-2013, 03:01 PM

SXMHelp, thank you. Your support team was able to get my Yamaha streaming again!
post #101 of 143 Old 07-06-2013, 10:54 AM

I just found this blog thread, wish I had found it a long time ago. Will be sending requested info to the SXM address. I have had nothing but "run-around" from both Yamaha and Sirius "customer service" for months now. My RX-V671 has never worked on Sirius, initially it could not even log in. Now after two OS upgrades (including latest a few weeks ago) it wil at least do that but still gets Access Error instead of playing music. Hopefully SXM has a fix now - and they should alert their regular customer service people that there really IS (has been?) a problem with the Yamaha receivers.

- Scott
post #102 of 143 Old 07-24-2013, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I changed the password to my Sirius acct today. How can I change the password on the receiver to the correct one (internet radio). I see no way to accomplish this. It says "Not Connected" which makes sense since the password changed. Clicking "ENTER" on the highlighted "Not Connected" doesn't do anything.
post #103 of 143 Old 08-14-2013, 05:31 PM

jap5C - which Yamaha receiver do you have? What was your problem which is now solved. I still cannot get resolution to my issues. SXM has put significant effort into trying to assist - have gotten next to nothing in response from Yamaha. Can log into the SiriusXM service just fine, can view the menus and selections, pick channels, etc. but no music will play - times out with "Access Error" after about 30 seconds of trying to buffer and play.
post #104 of 143 Old 09-07-2013, 01:03 AM

I was having the same problems with Sirius IR not working. I am running firmware version 1.37. This is what I did to get it working again.

1. Pressed the Stand By / Main Zone Mode Button

2. While holding STRAIGHT on the front panel, Press Main Zone button.

3. Pressed PROGRAM Button to select an item.

4. Look for Sirius Lock, Press STRAIGHT to unlock

5. Pressed the Stand By / Main Zone Mode Button to lock in the new Settings

6. Select "On Screen" Button on remote, Scrolled to INPUT, Window on TV Screen pops up, selected SiriusXM Internet Radio Icon and selected the up arrow, above the select button (on the remote).

7. Deleted the account and re signed in with correct user id and password.

Hope this helps everyone.
http://files.avsforum.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif
post #105 of 143 Old 09-07-2013, 01:05 AM

I was having the same problems with Sirius IR not working. I am running firmware version 1.37. This is what I did to get it working again.

6. Select "On Screen" Button on remote, Scrolled to INPUT, Window on TV Screen pops up, selected SiriusXM Internet Radio Icon and selected the up arrow, above the select button (on the remote).

post #106 of 143 Old 02-13-2014, 11:59 AM

I am having this SiriusXM IR access problem now on an RX-V867, RX-A710 and RX-V671 all within the same network. Yamaha support was no help and blamed it on my router or a corrupt SiriusXM app (which would be very strange that it happened to all three of my Yamaha receivers at once). It was working just fine up until about a month ago. I can't log in to the trial or into my account and get an "Access Error" right away from both attempts. I checked the router log and a connection is immediately opened and closed by the receiver IP address, but the ports vary.

There are no outbound restrictions on my router.

Pandora and NetRadio work just fine from the receivers, as does "PC" (getting music off my network share).

I can log in to SiriusXM Internet Radio successfully within the network from my iPhone and PC.

I am stumped. I tried downloading new firmware and it looks like I am up to date. I tried resetting the 867 receiver using INIT -ALL (twice).

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
post #107 of 143 Old 02-13-2014, 12:09 PM

I'll check with my setup when I get home from work to see if it might be a "server-side" issue.
cnsf likes this.
post #108 of 143 Old 02-13-2014, 12:47 PM

I also tried using a manual IP address and different DNS servers (Google). Again, Pandora and NetRadio worked, but not SiriusXM.
post #109 of 143 Old 03-07-2014, 08:55 AM

After a call to Yamaha my understanding is the "Sirius Lock" pertains to the Sirius hardware tuner input. This discussion is about the NET Sirius service...
post #110 of 143 Old 03-13-2014, 07:07 PM

Same exact symptoms here in Columbus Indiana on my RX-A1010 as of 3/13/2014 ....last time it took months for Yamaha and Sirius to remedy this...:
post #111 of 143 Old 03-13-2014, 08:56 PM

Not having the issue recently on several RX-An030 units, 2 on Time-Warner, 1 on Comcast. All signing in ok. Sounds like maybe that firmware, or more likely an ISP issue. Any of your neighbors using your ISP with Sirius/XM Internet radio on another brand AVR or streamer?

NJ Audioman
post #112 of 143 Old 03-13-2014, 10:12 PM

As with many prior users over the years, Sirius online works with the same credentials on computers connected to the same ISP through the same modem and router as the RX-A1010 uses....also as with others "it was working" and now it's not....

Now 10 days after this original post I was able to login into my Sirius listen online account and hear Sirius IR on my RX-A1010...
post #113 of 143 Old 03-14-2014, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmartin View Post

As with many prior users over the years, Sirius online works with the same credentials on computers connected to the same ISP through the same modem and router as the RX-A1010 uses....also as with others "it was working" and now it's not....
I believe that the computer-based players use port 80 to get their music, while I doubt that's what the media streamers use. I haven't traced it myself, but all that the computer proves is that the account credentials are good. I really am curious if this is a Yamaha problem, a Sirius/XM problem, or an ISP problem. Since this is a thread specifically about Yamaha, and more specifically targeted to the specific RX-A1010 model (by title), it's going to be hard to collect information about other brands here.

As you've said, things work: then they don't. If your Yamaha hasn't changed its firmware, then it's least likely that it's a Yamaha problem. Since most Yamaha users don't have this problem, it sure seems more likely to me that either Sirius is changing something, or even more likely that the ISPs are doing something with ports.

NJ Audioman
post #114 of 143 Old 03-14-2014, 03:01 PM

Hi there -

We're sorry to hear you are having troubles with your Yahama radio. We would be happy to help troubleshoot with you. When you have a moment, fill out this form and we'll be in touch with you at your earliest convenience.

Form: https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/digital_ask/incidents.c$social_media/638

Thank you for your cooperation.

Jess
post #115 of 143 Old 05-05-2014, 03:37 PM

Hello guys. My first post on AVS!!! Just thought I'd chime in about that same issue with a twist.

I purchased a Yamaha RX A2030 Saturday and as soon as I could get sound from it, logged on to Sirius and enjoyed a full afternoon of music while fixing speakers to the walls. BUT at some point, I was prompted for a software update and proceeded to update.  Sorry but I'm writing from work and I can't tell what version I'm running. I guess it matters a great deal and will try to update with actual version as I plan to keep a close Watch on this thread.

And so after the update the login info is still valid but when tuning in to a channel, it will play for about 30-40 seconds, then quit, then come back for another 5-10 seconds and then that's it, it's like the streamer freezes. I'm in Montréal and I don't think that this has to do with geo-blocking as all my other devices (PC, Ipphone, Logitech Squeezebox work just fine.

Any guess as to what might be causing this behavior?

At this point, I feel like returning the unit despite all the work done on it to configure zones and asking for a stock unit that I would NOT update.

post #116 of 143 Old 05-08-2014, 03:31 AM

Just tried changing SXM account credentials, forcing recriver to a static IP and I'm still experiencing the exact same issue. Running firmware 1.35.
post #117 of 143 Old 08-03-2014, 06:52 AM

This worked for me! Also kudos to Yamaha Support, they walked me through it using the Yamaha remote.

The problem started because I changed my Sirius online password. One I logged out of Sirius online, I had to delete account on the Yamaha, then I was able to log in again and re-enter the new password.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djboy26 View Post

post #118 of 143 Old 08-03-2014, 08:02 AM

Use the Yamaha remote, press On Screen, select input, navigate to the Sirius IR icon, press arrow up and delete account. Then exit, go back in and create a new account with your new username and password.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peters4n6 View Post
I changed the password to my Sirius acct today. How can I change the password on the receiver to the correct one (internet radio). I see no way to accomplish this. It says "Not Connected" which makes sense since the password changed. Clicking "ENTER" on the highlighted "Not Connected" doesn't do anything.
post #119 of 143 Old 10-15-2014, 03:57 PM

Yamaha RX-A2040 SiriusXM "Access Error"

This is an old thread, but it has been alive for awhile, I figured I'd add to it.

I had a Yamaha RX-A2020 that I never had a problem with internet radio.

I recently purchased the RX-A2040 and was shocked to find I was getting "Access Error" as soon as I'd submit my login information.

After some resets and tinkering I got a trial account to work, then it died and I was back to access error.

After a call to Yamaha tech-support, they suggested I temporarily plug my receiver directly into my cable modem, bypassing the router. Sure enough, everything worked flawlessly. Indicating the problems I was having are due to a yet undetermined issue with my Linksys Router.

I know not everyone has a hard-wired connection, and this may not be an option for everyone, but if your having problems, before jumping the gun on Yamaha or SiriusXM, try to bypass your router to ensure it's not the problem. I have the Linkssys WRT54G router, probably one of the most popular routers in circulation. I've had other flaky issues with it over the years.

Thanks
Justin
post #120 of 143 Old 10-18-2014, 05:15 PM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has this worked for others? I have a RX-2030 and from one day to the next this access error happened. I don't want to hose my firmware unless I can be sure others have implemented this procedure to sign back onto SIRIUS IR.
Thanks.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Yamaha Rx A1010bl Receiver
Gear in this thread - A1010bl by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page