Sirius Radio not allowing login with Yamaha RX-A1010 - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #121 of 149 Old 10-19-2014, 10:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Having same access problem since yesterday on my Rx V675. Deleted account, changed password etc. All to no avail. I emailed SXM to report problem. Havent gotten a response yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 149 Old 10-19-2014, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have the same model. I had the same thing happen to me this week. Sirius was working fine since July when I hooped it up. All if a sudden I'm getting a not connected message. I deleted account and tried resigning in. Now all I get is the access error message. If someone figures this out is love to know how to fix it. Pandora, spotify, net radio all work fine as does xm on my phone and computer.
post #123 of 149 Old 10-20-2014, 10:48 AM

Spoke with SXM this morning, and it sounds like this is a known issue. They are kicking it up to a higher tier and notifying Yamaha. Hopefully someone has a solution. I will post the solution if I get one
post #124 of 149 Old 10-21-2014, 11:50 AM

They better figure it out soon or a lot of people are going to cancel. SXM
post #125 of 149 Old 10-22-2014, 05:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterpiece4059 View Post
I have the same model. I had the same thing happen to me this week. Sirius was working fine since July when I hooped it up. All if a sudden I'm getting a not connected message. I deleted account and tried resigning in. Now all I get is the access error message. If someone figures this out is love to know how to fix it. Pandora, spotify, net radio all work fine as does xm on my phone and computer.
Did you log out of SXM on your computer? Reboot your router? This is key, you must do that before deleting the account on Yamaha.
post #126 of 149 Old 10-22-2014, 06:31 AM

I'm not logged into my computer. I didn't reboot router. Why should that matter? This seems like a fairly common problem to a pretty simple thing like streaming Radio. I wish they would have kept the external receiver option.
post #127 of 149 Old 10-22-2014, 12:06 PM

Spoke with yamaha today. They know there is a problem and are working with sirius to figure out a solution.
post #128 of 149 Old 10-22-2014, 06:49 PM

Rx-a1030

Guys, I am new to this and live on the East Coast of Canada, where I've encountered the same problem, and have tried everything people have suggested, but to no avail either. Yamaha Canada replied to a service request today, stating that they have just been made aware of the issue and are working on a solution. Meanwhile, SXM Canada replied that "It wasn't their problem to deal with". Nice! My original request was mistakenly sent to SXM USA, and at least they replied that they were aware of it, and working with Yamaha to find a solution. The rep provided me with the contact info for the Canadian side of SXM, which I essentially wasted my time in even contacting. Like most of you, my service had been fine until 2-3 weeks ago. I've used it for the past year and never had an issue. The last firmware upgrade (1.41)for the RX-A1030 was in June and no issues since; and 2-three weeks ago "Access error" after I deleted the account and re-entered my credentials. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see how people make out, and will update if mine is resolved this side of the border.

Thanks guys! At least I know I'm not alone.
post #129 of 149 Old 10-23-2014, 08:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBourque View Post
Guys, I am new to this and live on the East Coast of Canada, where I've encountered the same problem, and have tried everything people have suggested, but to no avail either. Yamaha Canada replied to a service request today, stating that they have just been made aware of the issue and are working on a solution. Meanwhile, SXM Canada replied that "It wasn't their problem to deal with". Nice! My original request was mistakenly sent to SXM USA, and at least they replied that they were aware of it, and working with Yamaha to find a solution. The rep provided me with the contact info for the Canadian side of SXM, which I essentially wasted my time in even contacting. Like most of you, my service had been fine until 2-3 weeks ago. I've used it for the past year and never had an issue. The last firmware upgrade (1.41)for the RX-A1030 was in June and no issues since; and 2-three weeks ago "Access error" after I deleted the account and re-entered my credentials. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see how people make out, and will update if mine is resolved this side of the border.

Thanks guys! At least I know I'm not alone.
I signed up for the SXM free trial without any difficulty on oct. 10 and had no problem streaming SXM to my new RX-A1040 over the weekend of 10/11-10/12. I listened to SiriusXM for several hours with no problems or glitches (great receiver, btw).

On Thursday Oct 16, I switched to the SiriusXM input and saw "No content" on the A1040's front panel display, hit the "On Screen" button to find out what was going on, and it said "Not connected" on screen.

Calling both Yamaha and SiriusXM customer support numbers, it became apparent that each was blaming the other, each taking a "wait and see" approach, and that absolutely nothing was going get fixed quickly.

One week later, after several additional calls to both Yamaha and SiriusXM, the SXM streaming service is still not working. (I just got yet another "Access error" a few minutes ago).

A few days ago, I got an email request from SXM asking me to fill out a customer service survey! Needless to say, I gave them a bad report, an "F" in my book. Next day, SXM calls me to discuss the rather high level of dissatisfaction I expressed by me in the survey. I told them again about the "Access error", and they said they'd would call me back.

I'm still waiting...
post #130 of 149 Old 10-23-2014, 05:30 PM

What router is everyone using? I have a Netgear.
post #131 of 149 Old 10-23-2014, 06:30 PM

It's not a router issue. If you call yamaha they now have a message saying if your calling about connection issues with Sirius they are aware of the problem and are working on a solution. There is nothing you can do about it at home. We are screwed until either yamaha or sirius come up with a solution.
post #132 of 149 Old 10-24-2014, 06:26 AM

Rx-a1030

Here's a quick update. I earlier commented that I could listen to IR on my PC. Turns out, I could access my account settings, but hadn't gone so far as attempting to listen online via PC. Last time I actually used that function was last summer. So last night, in order to do so, I had to uninstall and re-install Java, and change my browser settings from Google to Google Chrome for it to work. The entire SXM online look has changed as well. Evidently Sirius has made some upgrades and changes with their login protocol, which I'm assuming has affected the compatibility between it and some Yamaha receivers. SXM's (Canada-which the call centre is actually in India) response was that Yamaha is a 3rd party provider, and it's not SXM's responsibility to ensure the compatibility of the 3rd party devices and their services. In other words, Yamaha will have to come up with a solution which will come in the form of a firmware upgrade, but God knows when, and SXM Canada couldn't care less. I so wish they didn't have the monopoly on this service!!!!
post #133 of 149 Old 11-02-2014, 04:15 PM

Received new firmware update for my yamaha and it fixed my SXM login access error . Yeah !
post #134 of 149 Old 11-04-2014, 05:02 PM

Rx-A1030

That's promising!!What model do you have, what version of firmware is it, and did the firmware update notice automatically pop up when you turned on the receiver? When I check out Yamaha's site, my unit Rx-a1030 still shows that 1.41 is the latest, which is what I have.
post #135 of 149 Old 11-05-2014, 05:45 AM

I have the Rx v675. Not sure of the firmware version. Yes it popped up when i turned the receiver on
post #136 of 149 Old 11-05-2014, 10:27 AM

Rx-A1030

Thanks!! I just checked out Yamaha's web site and they show the last update for yours as June 12, 2014 (version 1.51). Different version obviously for mine, but same date. I am travelling this week so hopefully that means that I'll also get an update notice when I turn mine back on a few days. Cheers.
post #137 of 149 Old 11-07-2014, 11:08 AM

Back on!

Just got the auto notification for firware upgrade, installed it, and SXM is back online. Thanks Yamaha!!
post #138 of 149 Old 11-11-2014, 08:34 PM

Liked: 12
Yamaha released firmware on 10/30/14 to resolve this problem. Is version 1.60 for RX-A3030. Oddly, that firmware isn't published to the dealer website yet. But if you force your unit to update the firmware from the Internet it will get a version that resolves this problem.

SiriusXM changed their login procedure because of a security problem and it broke Yamaha's access. Yamaha had to change their login process to make it work again. Yamaha noted that this could happen again should SiriusXM change their login again.

NJ Audioman
post #139 of 149 Old 11-13-2014, 02:20 PM

Same issue here with my 675. However firmware 1.6 showed up today and after updating, I was able to log into my Sirius account
post #140 of 149 Old 11-19-2014, 07:26 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by adambly View Post
Broken again??!

I have an RX-V867 and had been experiencing the same issues with Sirius IR discussed earlier in the thread. The issue was resolved or so I thought by a firmware update some months ago. I saw a new firmware update advertised the other day (2.43) and applied it. My bad, I guess, since I am back to the same issue. Sirius IR says 'Not Connected' despite the fact that network is fine; if I remove my Sirius account and sign in again, I am back to 'Invalid username'.

This is totally ridiculous. Not sure if this is a Yamaha or Sirius issue but this is very disappointing.
And...busted again. Trying to force a firmware update now to see if this resolves the issue. I appreciate that Sirius has to fix login issues which breaks Yamaha's application which they then have to patch, but how about some notification or a service bulletin or /something/?

Also, the firmware was not "advertised" in the receiver menu either so we'll see if this resolves it or not.
post #141 of 149 Old 11-19-2014, 07:34 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by adambly View Post
The firmware was not "advertised" in the receiver menu either so we'll see if this resolves it or not.

Success. Firmware update resolved the issue. Now showing version 2.50.

See you all again in a few months...sigh.
post #142 of 149 Old 11-19-2014, 10:50 AM

Rxv-671

Hopefully they can figure this out. My RXV-671 isn't working and there are no new firmware versions available. It worked two weeks ago.
post #143 of 149 Old 11-20-2014, 03:22 PM

The problem with reporting Siriux also presenting me with rhapsody came on my RXV-671. Yesterday force the firmware update over the network and updated it to version 1.60. This new version does not appear on the yamaha support sites, but the receiver downloading directly from the network (Advanced Configuration - firmware update).
post #144 of 149 Old 11-24-2014, 06:07 PM

Update Successful

Updated the firmware on my A-1010, problem solved, Sirius login successful.
post #145 of 149 Old 11-26-2014, 10:14 AM

Was also able to fix my 671 with a firmware update over the air. The receiver did not prompt me to update; I had to go hunting in the menus as advised above. Thanks all!
post #146 of 149 Old 11-27-2014, 09:31 AM

Similar issue with RX-A3000. Upgrading to Firmware Ver 3.50 dated 11/21 corrected it.
post #147 of 149 Old 12-01-2014, 06:37 AM

Thumbs up

Good thread, as it lead me to finding the new firmware for my RX-A3020 which cured this problem. Nice to know Yamaha was listening and able to resolve this. Love this receiver!
post #148 of 149 Old Yesterday, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamy View Post
Hopefully they can figure this out. My RXV-671 isn't working and there are no new firmware versions available. It worked two weeks ago.
Mine started working again last night out of the blue. Very strange.
post #149 of 149 Unread Today, 03:57 AM

My Sirius IR stopped working last week. Updating to the latest firmware solved the problem for me. RX-V867
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Yamaha Rx A1010bl Receiver
Gear in this thread - A1010bl by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page