LVS
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temple View Post

I tried my first movie using VUDU last night. Not all that impressed with HDX. On my 120" projection screen the image looks pretty soft. I also had audio popping issues throughout the movie which seem to be an issue with the service. Looks like I will be trying an Apple TV 1080p after all...

I am surprised to hear this. I have never had this issue with sound and for streaming a VUDU I have not seen any better video quality. Hopefully you weren't expecting Blu-Ray quality... however this is pretty close especially for a streaming service. Hope you get your issues worked out. Let us know what you think of the ATV3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 03-19-2012, 09:12 AM

Liked: 10
For what it's worth I purchased the new ATV3 with hopes it would look good and my system and it is now on it's way back to Apple for a refund. The quality was terrible but the new interface was pretty cool. This is my first Apple product that I was truly dis-appointed in. I tried two different televisions and I think the picture is much improved on smaller televisions. I have a 55" and a 22" in the bedroom. I'll be following along with this thread because I too am looking for a media server.
post #33 of 39 Old 03-19-2012, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

The audio popping sounds seem to be gone so far. Could be just one movie that has this problem via VUDU. The movie was Tree of Life. I did some more testing last night and find the video quality acceptable now that I have done some adjustments. I would say that it is pretty close the Bluray maybe 85-90%. Audio is lacking a bit more than that but I think its not a huge issue.

Would still like to hear from others about how iTunes compares to VUDU for 1080p content.
post #34 of 39 Old 03-19-2012, 02:22 PM
LVS
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
^^ Temple, have you seen this comparison. Post 1381.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...278071&page=47
post #35 of 39 Old 03-19-2012, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Yes...I did see that link. Would still like to see how well VUDU stacks up to iTunes. I bet they are pretty close...
post #36 of 39 Old 03-19-2012, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
very pleased with my 3gen aptv. i have mine running on a 55 samsung d7000. The prorcessor alone makes a huge difference in the delivered content. streaming video using airplay from New iPad (iPad 3 to me) using the apple tv as interface to my 55 is simply stunning! very pleased here. also streaming movies from the cloud looks great, buffers fast, and no quirks so far! just my 2cents.

I do not condone what i do, but i will not deny myself the pleasure!
post #37 of 39 Old 03-19-2012, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

Have you streamed from iTunes 1080p content and if so how does that look?
post #38 of 39 Old 03-20-2012, 07:46 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
i watched tin tin and immortals streamed from itunes hd version. my only complaint was that it streamed in 5.1 dolby and did not have a truehd or dts master audio feed. if i understand it correctly though and i may misinformed, itunes downloaded movies are 720p but rental streams are 1080p. according to my screen gui both tin tin and immortals was streamed at 1080.

I do not condone what i do, but i will not deny myself the pleasure!
post #39 of 39 Old 03-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkicevic View Post

i watched tin tin and immortals streamed from itunes hd version. my only complaint was that it streamed in 5.1 dolby and did not have a truehd or dts master audio feed. if i understand it correctly though and i may misinformed, itunes downloaded movies are 720p but rental streams are 1080p. according to my screen gui both tin tin and immortals was streamed at 1080.

Nope, you can download 1080p as well, you just have to change the preference in the iTunes preferences.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page