I want two things:
1) a web browser on my 47" LG LCD TV. I want to be able to go to certain TV websites to watch shows/video clips, such as:
2) a way to watch Amazon *PRIME* Instant Video on my TV
I have a TiVo HD already for Netflix, Amazon Instant Video (although I also want PRIME video access which TiVo doesn't yet support), Pandora, etc. So...the solutions I can think of are:
1) get an HTPC or Nettop like an Acer AspireRevo with HDMI video card and wifi card. (This is the simplest but not the cheapest solution.)
2) get a Roku (great to give me Amazon Prime video, but no web browser)
3) get a Google-TV or other web console (Sony or Logitech...great for web & widgets/apps, will it allow Amazon Prime video?)
4) Some weird combination of the above options.
Any advice is much appreciated!