WinTv extend streaming to outside computer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-17-2012, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looked all over for a solution and have tried all I could think of and could use some help.
I have a Hauppage Colossus TV card used to record from a regular DirecTV tuner and with Hauppage WinTV Extend I should be able to stream the recordings or a live signal to another computer elsewhere thru the interent. I can stream very easily to other computers on my internal network, even using the outside IP address instead of the internal IP address. I have a DLink DIR 825 router and have tried the correct virtual server and DMZ settings to no avail.
Can anyone help me figuring out how I can get WinTv Extend to work as it says it is capable of doing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-04-2012, 05:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First install WINTV Extend on your computer. Your can purchase a CD from Hauppauge for about $12.00. After you have set up your card/tuner and channels you will be able to test the functionality of its streaming capability both thru your LAN and "Outside Internet" ie WAN.

If you can access your stream in your LAN but not WAN then look into port forwarding your router and Windows or other currently installed firewall.

I can open a browser on a friends computer and surf my channel listing on my home server . I also have installed a "sweet" program called "WINTV Extend Plus". I can serve to a computer running VLC with lots of optings for improving the video quality ie deinterlace, stream speed.

Good Luck
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page