Need to burn 1200 cds and 1200 dvds - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-24-2012, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Client wants everything in the disk changers put on the media servers. Any services or automated systems out there you guys know of?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-24-2012, 03:23 PM

Liked: 11
You should actually change your post to "need to rip" instead of need to burn as that is the generally accepted term for what you want to do. There are machines that will do what you want but they are prohibitively expensive.
I found a trustworthy high school student who did it for damn cheap as he just kept popping in discs while he hid his computer work...
post #3 of 5 Old 03-24-2012, 05:10 PM

Liked: 10
to add to streamerlover....I would use a couple of pc/laptops for a task like this.

I recently did this for my dad's cd/dvd collection using 3 pc/3 laptops.

If you have alot of pcs in different rooms you can use remote desktop to control the pcs and just run around to change discs.....

....but it would be better to have all the pcs in one room so you don't have to run around. Boot into the pc bios and select (something like "Halt on no errors") so you can turn on the pcs without connecting any monitor/keyboard/mouse and use remote desktop to control the pcs.
post #4 of 5 Old 03-26-2012, 12:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
There are a few bulk ripping services for music CDs, one example being musicshifter.com - you ship them the discs, they rip them and send the originals plus the ripped versions back to you.

However, in the USA they only do music CDs and not DVDs since the DMCA makes it legally precarious to rip DVDs due to them having copy-prevention on them (even if that copy-prevention is trivially defeated and completely ineffective, it is still good enough to qualify under the terms of the DMCA).

Copyright is not property, it is merely a temporary loan from the public domain.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-26-2012, 01:34 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
At my work, we have a automated machine that can rip CD/DVD. All the blanks are placed on a spool (I think it can hold 500 discs) and the arm picks up each disc and places it into the disc tray - rips and burns - and removes it and places the disc in another stack. Pretty simple process which needs no human interaction. The unit costs $10,000.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page