*Official* Xtreamer Sidewinder 3 thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 71 Old 04-21-2012, 03:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Updating to C6 at the moment.
The file & directory lists are in alphabetical order. Not sure how to the NFS, let me know if you want it what I need to do.
I had some issues with yerky playback. Seems the device does not switch automatically to the best playback fps rate. When set to auto SW3 switches to 60Hz with my samsung d8000. For 24 (or 23.9xx) fps it swiches to 24Hz when in auto mode, but for 25fps it remains in 60Hz, which gives a very yerky movie. Manually switching to 50Hz resolves this. Same for 29.9xx fps and 50Hz which is yerky, but when set to 60Hz is beautifull again.
Now I'm gone have a look at RC6.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 71 Old 04-21-2012, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 592
So, is this player worth buying or not? I'm interested just because of the jukebox. I've been trying to find another media player that doesn't cost over $300 like the Dune player that has an easy jukebox like Zappiti.

Does the internal jukebox puts all the metadata files in each folder? Or can you make one jukebox folder containing all the metadata?

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8599

Home Theater Set Up:

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8597

post #33 of 71 Old 04-21-2012, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

So, is this player worth buying or not? I'm interested just because of the jukebox. I've been trying to find another media player that doesn't cost over $300 like the Dune player that has an easy jukebox like Zappiti.

Does the internal jukebox puts all the metadata files in each folder? Or can you make one jukebox folder containing all the metadata?

Wait a minute, didn't you say and I quote "The Xtremer needs lots and lots...and pretty much infinite time to iron itself out. The only way I'd own a Xtremer is if I get it for free. Their history is terrible."?

I think this player will drop another $30 in a month or so. They had already stated that they were keeping the price the same as the SW2, but the vendors on Amazon don't yet reflect it. This also happened when they introduced the SW2 with the SW1...it was actually the first player that caught my eye months ago and I've been hooked on my media player search ever since. Maybe it won't happen but I'm willing to gamble a little more time, it obviously needs a little more baking time anyway. Who knows, maybe the new Pivo's player will be introduced and I'll pass on this as well.
post #34 of 71 Old 04-21-2012, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I tried the jukebox. Xtreamer appears to be trying to emulate XBMC, but their jukebox is no XBMC. Having said that, it isn't bad. It picked up most of my movies pretty well, with my local posters, but not the fanart. Also, before scraping, as I checked the box to not overwrite, I get no metadata. Need to try with a few movies on a USB stick with my existing artwork and NFO's and see what it does. As you need to give write permission to do a jukebox, I'm cautious as I don't want it messing up what I already have working for Boxee Box, ATV2 w/XBMC and PCH.

HD Media Keen Videosaurus
post #35 of 71 Old 04-23-2012, 05:23 PM

[quote=Brajesh;21929574]So, my SW3 arrived yesterday & I had about 1/2 hour to test it out. Need to spend more time this weekend.

"It has a nice form factor. The remote is so-so though, with buttons & labels tiny. The buttons are also laid out unintuitively."

Also was not happy with the remote (in all my media players) but I always use my Harmony remote. Set up my sidewinder 3 with my harmony remote, works like a charm.

"But, just couldn't get Xtreamer Live to enable, even after multiple attempts. A pop-up appears asking you to press '1' to accept the terms of service, but pressing '1' does nothing & times me out. So, I haven't been able to try out any of Xtreamer's exclusive online content areas."

This was a pain for me also, until I install an internal hard drive, formatted with sidewinder, rebooted (make sure hdd icon is highlighted), enable live in settings and it worked.

Very happy so far.
post #36 of 71 Old 04-24-2012, 04:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Xtreamer Live worked after I tried formatting the internal 2.5" HDD a second time.

HD Media Keen Videosaurus
post #37 of 71 Old 04-25-2012, 02:18 AM

any overview and hands-on videos guys? i'm not sure whether or when the price will drop but i hope it drops so that i can pick up one.
post #38 of 71 Old 04-25-2012, 03:17 PM

I download all the movie info and poster but when I restarted my player is was all gone. I do have a formatted hard drive. Not sure what to do. Someone has any pointers, thanks.
post #39 of 71 Old 04-25-2012, 04:08 PM

Yeah, that's still an ongoing issue. According to the following thread there's another firmware in the works. You'll probably need to join their forum and memorize their posting rules, if you chose to post, to avoid being reprimanded.

http://forum.xtreamer.net/topic/2962...tdown-fw35rc6/
post #40 of 71 Old 04-25-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djc11369 View Post

Yeah, that's still an ongoing issue. According to the following thread there's another firmware in the works. You'll probably need to join their forum and memorize their posting rules, if you chose to post, to avoid being reprimanded.

http://forum.xtreamer.net/topic/2962...tdown-fw35rc6/

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully they release the firmware quickly and to not break anything else in the process.
post #41 of 71 Old 05-06-2012, 06:41 AM

Below is my Amazon review......to warn people to stay away from this company.

1.0 out of 5 stars

Overpromise-under deliver half baked junk, May 6, 2012

I went against everyone recommendation and bought the Xtreamer sidewinder 3 because I could not past up that nice youtube video presentation of all the features. The zoom, Jukebox, 3D etc.. Well after a day of testing, the player intermittently reboot itself for no apparent reason, after dowload of all the movie poster and info its gone after you shut down the player. NFS do not work for streaming media only samba which is much slower. This media player is just rife with bugs and half bake software. Additionaly, no customer support from the company. If you need help you will have to look in the company's forum. It's heavily moderated. Any post they do not want others to see will be eliminated. Or they chastise you (the customer) for about anything.

My recomendation is to stay away from this company and its products. You will only get half baked software rife with bugs and great marketing.

. I cannot return this junk as they give you seven days money back return (bought it directly from them not from Amazon) and if you return it within seven days they will take 20% and shipping cost. I still cannot put my mind around the fact that these companies could get away with selling people junk. Not only them put most china made media players. All half bake/beta softeware that do not work as advertise. I give up looking for a media player. I just build an HTPC (media pc) and works wonders. Low power consumption for a few bucks more and all work great. Anyone intrested in filing class action let me know. This is a great Chinese racket ripping people off. One company could release five different half baked players with different names. Its ridiculous.
post #42 of 71 Old 05-06-2012, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymontana69 View Post

Below is my Amazon review......to warn people to stay away from this company.

1.0 out of 5 stars

Overpromise-under deliver half baked junk, May 6, 2012

I went against everyone recommendation and bought the Xtreamer sidewinder 3 because I could not past up that nice youtube video presentation of all the features. The zoom, Jukebox, 3D etc.. Well after a day of testing, the player intermittently reboot itself for no apparent reason, after dowload of all the movie poster and info its gone after you shut down the player. NFS do not work for streaming media only samba which is much slower. This media player is just rife with bugs and half bake software. Additionaly, no customer support from the company. If you need help you will have to look in the company's forum. It's heavily moderated. Any post they do not want others to see will be eliminated. Or they chastise you (the customer) for about anything.

My recomendation is to stay away from this company and its products. You will only get half baked software rife with bugs and great marketing.

. I cannot return this junk as they give you seven days money back return (bought it directly from them not from Amazon) and if you return it within seven days they will take 20% and shipping cost. I still cannot put my mind around the fact that these companies could get away with selling people junk. Not only them put most china made media players. All half bake/beta softeware that do not work as advertise. I give up looking for a media player. I just build an HTPC (media pc) and works wonders. Low power consumption for a few bucks more and all work great. Anyone intrested in filing class action let me know. This is a great Chinese racket ripping people off. One company could release five different half baked players with different names. Its ridiculous.

Yeah, that sucks dude. That's probably why people are selling these players on ebay for a lot less than they bought it for.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #43 of 71 Old 05-06-2012, 09:57 AM

Yeah, I'm probably going to go with the Pivos player. Just giving it some time to see what new they come out with. Ordered my NAS Friday, Amazon dropped the price on the Synology DS212j $15 which I've been eyeing for awhile. Playing with Openelec in the meantime on the HTPC to keep me pacified.
post #44 of 71 Old 06-01-2012, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I'm very interested in a streamer that supports 3D BD iso files (like this one reportedly can); want a GUI like YAMJ, etc. I have a PCH A110 but now that I have a nice Sony 3D projector I want one device to rip and then stream everything from. I hope others who have this Xtreamer will post more comments/feedback.

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

post #45 of 71 Old 06-01-2012, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryker View Post

I'm very interested in a streamer that supports 3D BD iso files (like this one reportedly can); want a GUI like YAMJ, etc. I have a PCH A110 but now that I have a nice Sony 3D projector I want one device to rip and then stream everything from. I hope others who have this Xtreamer will post more comments/feedback.

Good luck! I've heard more horror stories from xtremer owner than any other.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #46 of 71 Old 06-02-2012, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

Good luck! I've heard more horror stories from xtremer owner than any other.

I have the original sidewinder and have nothing but good to say about it. It plays everything you throw at it, and as a bonus it will even play my downloaded 3D movies with no problem. It has been 100% reliable for the two years I have owned it.

I will be moving it to another room and picking up one of these babies though so I can take advantage of the new firmware.

Yes, the company has a bad record when it comes to making promises they don't keep. Even with that, you won't find a better player for the money IMO.
post #47 of 71 Old 06-04-2012, 08:06 AM

Kinda disappointed with this. I like that it plays the files very quick, and boots pretty fast. I don't like the interface. I can't get NFS to work(doesn't see any shares). SMB stutters during some movies, I have a gigabit switch/router. I hope they fix the NFS problem SOON!!

I also have a Netgear NTV550 that I like a lot, it has a few issues also, but the interface looks good and NFS works fine. I wanted the sidewinder 3 for 3D playback basically. Haven't played much with the jukebox function yet. Just hope they keep coming out with firmware updates that actually fix some big issues like NFS etc..
post #48 of 71 Old 06-04-2012, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micker View Post

Kinda disappointed with this. I like that it plays the files very quick, and boots pretty fast. I don't like the interface. I can't get NFS to work(doesn't see any shares). SMB stutters during some movies, I have a gigabit switch/router. I hope they fix the NFS problem SOON!!
issues like NFS etc..

For my clarification: for NFS are you trying to access movies/files located on a drive not directly connected to the xtreamer? Does it have any issues playing any/all drives connected via USB? I have 9 drives connected to my PCH via a daisy chain of USB cables. Sounds like the verdict is still 'out' on this player even versus my PCH A110.

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

post #49 of 71 Old 07-09-2012, 05:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 16
dbone has given this 4 stars. What exactly is diff between sidewinder and sidewinder 3, for price being 2X??
post #50 of 71 Old 07-09-2012, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro View Post

dbone has given this 4 stars. What exactly is diff between sidewinder and sidewinder 3, for price being 2X??

Hmm ... that is a pretty high recommendation. Do you have a link to his review?

Philip
post #51 of 71 Old 07-09-2012, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcd View Post

Hmm ... that is a pretty high recommendation. Do you have a link to his review?
Philip

Yes, I want to see that link as well.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #52 of 71 Old 07-09-2012, 08:44 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

Yes, I want to see that link as well.
ditto
post #53 of 71 Old 07-09-2012, 11:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

http://www.iboum.com/pr/xtsid3.php

here you go.

which one is sidewinder1080ms?
post #54 of 71 Old 07-10-2012, 12:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

http://www.iboum.com/pr/xtsid3.php
here you go.
which one is sidewinder1080ms?

We meant dbone's review with 4 stars not that.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #55 of 71 Old 07-10-2012, 03:52 AM

Maybe it's 4 out of a possible 10 stars? smile.gif I think you're confused, he doesn't give star ratings in his reviews as far as I can see. You must think Damian (dbone) does the iboum ratings?
post #56 of 71 Old 07-10-2012, 02:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djc11369 View Post

Maybe it's 4 out of a possible 10 stars? smile.gif I think you're confused, he doesn't give star ratings in his reviews as far as I can see. You must think Damian (dbone) does the iboum ratings?
Sorry! I am confused:( sorry. But here it says 4/5, not 4/10 though
post #57 of 71 Old 07-10-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:

But here it says 4/5, not 4/10 though

That was sarcasm. smile.gif Xtreamer doesn't have a good reputation so most of these posts were disbelief in your statement, that's the reason asking to see the link. I can't speak for anyone else but it came off as if you were a Xtreamer troll trying to pump up their product.
post #58 of 71 Old 07-10-2012, 06:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I have never owned one and was actually thinking of replacing my like new PCH A 210 with SW3? What do you guys think?
post #59 of 71 Old 07-10-2012, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have never owned one and was actually thinking of replacing my like new PCH A 210 with SW3? What do you guys think?

I think that is an awesome idea. You can sell me the PCHA210 after...how much you want for it?

Home Theater Set Up:

post #60 of 71 Old 07-10-2012, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
It has been months later....did they ever fix NFS on this player at all?
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Xtreamer Sidewinder Media Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page