Yamaha MCX-1000 drive? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-30-2012, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Yamaha MCX-1000 music server and the CD-RW drive is not working. I've done some snooping around the Internet and cannot locate any replacements, and the topic I found here indicates that a generic drive won't work.

Can anyone direct me to where I can get a replacement CD drive for my unit? I have a lot of CDs sitting here waiting to get loaded into the thing! Thanks!

One other note -- If there is a read-only drive that will work, that will be fine -- I have never used the drive to burn any discs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-15-2012, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

*BUMP!*

Anyone?

I did find the service manual for the MCX-1000 online and it indicates the model number of the CD drive is WA875100 and under the description is CRW-F1AML. When I Googled CRW-F1AML I found a couple of parts places that list it, and indicate that a compatible part is WA874700 -- they don't seem to have any in stock, but does anyone know if that part is actually compatible?

There also seems to be an old Yamaha CD drive called the CRW-F1, which was out at about the same time as the MCX-1000, and I'm guessing it may use the same drive mechanism -- can anyone verify that? I'm wondering if I could get one of those and cannibalize it for a replacement drive.

I'm kind of desperate to get this replacement drive. I have three MCX music clients and honestly, without the base unit working like it's supposed to, those are basically only good as boat anchors. I have dozens of CDs I want to add to the system but without the CD drive working, that isn't going to happen.

Honestly, it's kind of sickening to make this kind of investment in a music system only to see it abandoned by the manufacturer. Even the MCX-2000 is history. I'm glad I didn't shell out big bucks to upgrade to that a couple of years ago.

Any help would REALLY be appreciated.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-11-2012, 12:36 AM

Copies CD to hard drive in Linear PCM format Records external sources at 1X via Analog or Digital inputs Analog level control on front panel Creates CDs at up to 8X using built-in CD-Recorder from hard drive PCM files PS/2 port for connecting optional PC keyboard Headphone jack w/ level control IR ...

post #4 of 4 Old 01-24-2013, 06:51 PM

I have CD drives in stock for both the MCX-1000 and -2000 if you are still looking.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page