Hi....Is there any apps for american shows or channels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 127 Old 07-23-2012, 01:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Well there's CNN, BBC, National Geo, and HBO in some of the apps. Other than that, there are a lot of American Movies and shows in the Movie Valley app. You can go to PPS.tv to see what kind of movies since that is the source of that app.
post #93 of 127 Old 07-23-2012, 04:55 PM

Liked: 10
Hey Mofo888...Please wondering about the wifi model of this tvpad....What u think about it and does it work
thanks
post #94 of 127 Old 07-23-2012, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Sat988 Club TVpad did a nice write up on the wifi and what option is available. If you are very close to your wifi router, than a wifi adapter will do just fine. If you are a bit farther, I suggest a bridge. If you are really really far than powerline adapter is the way to go. Everyone seems to be suggesting the net core brand, but I'm using a d-link bridge. That's because I plug in more than just my TVpad. I have xbox and a media center pc. The Dlink bridge I use has 4 ports and it works great with great range.

Here's club tvpads wifi faq. You should at least read up on this before buying.

http://clubtvpad.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19
post #95 of 127 Old 08-02-2012, 03:46 PM

I got this for free from a friend a couple weeks ago. My first impressions are not very good. I connected this via a router I had configured into a wireless bridge and it had problems finding an internet connection. My xbox, htpc, & slingbox are all connected to the same router w/o any problems, but for some reason tvpad just wouldn't work. Eventually, I had to manually assign an ip address. It still has problems connecting, but if I just keep running the network test, it eventually works and is usually reliable from that moment on.

Launching an ap takes a long time. Everytime I start one, it displays the message "downloading frequency menu, please wait" or something like that in Chinese. It would take at least a couple of minutes before anything happens and then afterwards, it would take another minute or two to buffer the video before I can finally watch something. A couple of minutes doesn't sound like a lot, but imagine having to wait through that every single time you want to watch tv.

Video and sound quality is very spotty. The HD channels look gorgeous when you are finally able to see them. There is occasional pixelation during fast action scenes, but overall not bad. One of my HD channels though, looked as if it was stuck in FF mode. There was no sound and everybody moved slightly faster. While watching one nonHD channel, I noticed a very annoying problem. After a few minutes of video, the stream would suddenly freeze. About 30 seconds later, it would finally pick back up, but also skip over the part you missed. This happened quite regularly. Sound on all channels was awful. It sounded as if every channel (even the HD ones) were broadcasted from the inside of a tin can. Lastly, I have had aps crash on me a couple of times forcing me to relaunch and in the process painstakingly wait through several more minutes of buffering and "downloading frequency menu".

So that's been my experience w/ tvpad. I think that if I were to have paid for this, I would definitely have been disappointed. I know it sounds overwhelmingly negative, but keep in mind I've only been using this a couple of days. I'll keep using it and trying different things to remedy some of the issues I have. If anything changes, I'll post again.
post #96 of 127 Old 08-03-2012, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

Kitabata, thanks for the review. I could be wrong, but it sounds like you have a pretty busy network with xbox, HTPC, slingbox and possibly other computers and pda on your network. The issues you are having with TVpad can probably be fixed by simply rebooting the router to clear the DHCP client table. As for your app loading slow, it's also internet related. TVpad is a bandwidth hog because it takes up both download and upload streams. So if you have other devices on your network it will affect TVpad's performance and vice versa. If you are using TVpad, other devices on the network may be affected.

Hope after a few days of use, you can give us an update.
post #97 of 127 Old 08-04-2012, 09:53 AM

i recently just got the tvpad. its working well but today i tried to go on the hunantv channel and no sound came out. idk how to fix it. i tried disconnecting from wifi and reconnecting. what should i do?
post #98 of 127 Old 08-04-2012, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

It has nothing to do with your TVpad, it is the server that is providing the streams that are not good. Since the streams are provided by third parties, there really nothing u can do.
post #99 of 127 Old 08-05-2012, 12:00 AM
Ein
Advanced Member

post #100 of 127 Old 08-05-2012, 12:56 AM
Ein
Advanced Member

Even Amazon is selling it.

http://www.amazon.com/TVPad-M121-Chinese-Japanese-Streamer/dp/B008CLDIGC
post #101 of 127 Old 08-06-2012, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Last chance to get M121s for $199 with free shipping. Sale ends on Aug 10th 2012

(MAKE SURE YOU PUT "PLEASE SEND M121S") in the comment field otherwise they will send u a M121. When they call you to confirm your order, make sure you have them confirm you are getting a M121s.

Use promo code to get $30 off of $229

English site: http://en.tvpad.hk/tvpad/01/index.jsp?head=home

Chinese Site: http://www.tvpad.hk/tvpad/01/
post #102 of 127 Old 08-08-2012, 05:30 AM

I just got the tvpad yesterday

i want to install the cantonese apps but even after reading the forum and faqs i can't get it to work.

i have tried both putting the pkg files on a FAT32 usb and microsd. The usb and microsd icons will show up fine in the bottom right hand corner but i just can't find where to get tvpad to install the apps. If i go to the app manager it always only downloads apps from the net.

what am i doing wrong?
post #103 of 127 Old 08-08-2012, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

I don't have a M121s so I don't know if my suggestion would help. But in app manager there should be 3 tab selections at the top you can select. There should be an "not installed" tab on the right that should read your USB or SD card apps when you click on it. If you see files in this section those are the apps you can install. Like I said I don't have a M121s, so just going by experience with my M121. You can also post your question in the official chinese forum or if you prefer english forum you can go to club tvpad forum. good luck!
post #104 of 127 Old 08-09-2012, 03:18 PM

I got mine today and its the M121s and it is the top 3rd tab (far right) on the app garden to load the pkg files......

I d.loaded all the apps from here http://www.tvpadzone.com/english/download/apps300.html and I noticed that the apps for the M121s (fw3.00) doesnt have some apps that are in 2.70fw like youtube or Lily TV , anyone know where I can get the pkg for these for fw 3.00?? or will the 2.70fw files of these work?

cheers
post #105 of 127 Old 08-10-2012, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Lily app is no longer a working app. Youtube app is not available for firmware 3.0 yet.
sonyman81 likes this.
post #106 of 127 Old 08-11-2012, 03:55 PM

Was wondering if there was a way to move the apps around without deleting them all and start over because silly me Ive installed the cantonese ones last, which we watch most and their at the bottom of the list now which is a pain to always press down on the remote alot of times:rolleyes:
post #107 of 127 Old 08-13-2012, 03:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyman81 View Post

Was wondering if there was a way to move the apps around without deleting them all and start over because silly me Ive installed the cantonese ones last, which we watch most and their at the bottom of the list now which is a pain to always press down on the remote alot of times:rolleyes:

I know huh? That sucks. Unfortunately, that's the only way to rearrange the icons.
post #108 of 127 Old 08-13-2012, 10:30 PM

I got the 121S. Will the Lily app be back later?
post #109 of 127 Old 08-14-2012, 12:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV Freak View Post

I got the 121S. Will the Lily app be back later?

Lily App is gone. Don't expect it to come back.

But if you are into Vietnamese Channels check out what's coming to the TVpad.
post #110 of 127 Old 08-29-2012, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prtbrown View Post

I just got the tvpad yesterday
i want to install the cantonese apps but even after reading the forum and faqs i can't get it to work.
i have tried both putting the pkg files on a FAT32 usb and microsd. The usb and microsd icons will show up fine in the bottom right hand corner but i just can't find where to get tvpad to install the apps. If i go to the app manager it always only downloads apps from the net.
what am i doing wrong?

I bought the tvpad m121s and could not find tvb on the download section in the app manager.
After a bit of searching I finally got tvb to work. It was because 粵海寬頻 (Yue Hai Cantonese TV), 港粤快看(Cantonese Quick Look) and HiTV were not available to download from on the app manager over the net. These apps contain TVB and other Cantonese channels.

You can still get them if you download the apps from tvpadzone http://tvpadzone.com/english/download/apps300.html

Simply download connect the MicroSD to your pc and extract the contents of the rar to the root of the MicroSD. Put the SD card back in then go to other(far right tab) in the app manager and install the apps from the sd card.
I didn't try with FAT32 as the tvpad formatted the sd card in EXT3 format.
NOTE:
1) I recommend turning off the TVPAD when inserting and removing the MicroSD card.
2) I had to use ext2fsd (http://www.ext2fsd.com/?page_id=16) to get the files onto the sd card because I have windows xp.

I will also try formatting the sd card to FAT32 and trying again to see if it works as EXT3 format is a little tricky to use on windows. But tvpad themselves recommend to format it to EXT3 because some apps use it for buffering.
post #111 of 127 Old 09-19-2012, 11:30 AM

Since yesterday at least 5 of the apps stop working. All are VOD kind of apps from China and Youku too. Hope it is not the beginning of the end frown.gif
post #112 of 127 Old 09-19-2012, 11:50 PM

Interesting. But I'd like to know if the app makers for the tvpad benefit from the sales of the machine. Kinda sucks that the apps are not guaranteed. They could stop working any moment. What's the extent of the incentive for the person they hired to maintain the apps?
post #113 of 127 Old 09-20-2012, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterho3 View Post

Since yesterday at least 5 of the apps stop working. All are VOD kind of apps from China and Youku too. Hope it is not the beginning of the end frown.gif

Looks like TVpad updated the apps. Just have to uninstall and reinstall the new apps. Here's the download.

http://clubtvpad.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=130

or

http://www.tvpadfans.com/thread-33395-1-1.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronsonstack View Post

Interesting. But I'd like to know if the app makers for the tvpad benefit from the sales of the machine. Kinda sucks that the apps are not guaranteed. They could stop working any moment. What's the extent of the incentive for the person they hired to maintain the apps?

I believe the apps are created by the companies that provides the streams. Such as PPS. BETV HITV etc. These are big outfits in China and has been around for some time. I read on some chinese forum that these companies have licenses to stream content online. But you never know, we are talking about China LOL.
post #114 of 127 Old 09-20-2012, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

YOU CAN NOW RECORD TVPAD STREAMS!!!!

You can download the recorder app for TVpad M121s or M121.

It records to SD card, USB or Network Share! You can play the recorded file using TVpad or VLC player on other devices.

http://clubtvpad.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=380
post #115 of 127 Old 11-09-2012, 05:02 PM

Hi,
How did you manage to have so many channels; i just bought mine last month and has only 39 channels pre-install!
Thanks,
u2update@yahoo.com
post #116 of 127 Old 11-09-2012, 05:28 PM

You should be able to get the apps from App garden. Only 3-4 apps are not in app garden and you would have to download them from other sites. I use www.clubtvpad.com/forums since they are the only english support site for TVpad.
post #117 of 127 Old 11-19-2012, 07:27 PM

In the NOV 16th 2012 edition of a local newspaper; SingTao Daily, TVB took out a quarter of a page ad declaring intentions to sue TVpad for illegal broadcasting of their program content. The ad says their focus is on the areas of Alhambra, San Gabriel, San Franciso, Brooklyn, Flushing, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Las Vegas and Honolulu. They also offer a phone number for curious or concerned parties to call. My wife was considering using TVpad since DirectTV dropped her JadeWorld programs, but after reading this ad decided "NO WAY"
post #118 of 127 Old 11-25-2012, 01:33 PM
Ein
Advanced Member

This court case could be dragged out for months if not years. But, I wouldn't invest in TVPad right now.
post #119 of 127 Old 11-26-2012, 06:01 AM

Hi,

But if your TV is PAL, using the AV cable, it should be fine to keep as PAL tho right?
post #120 of 127 Old 12-14-2012, 03:15 AM

Hi, my uncle recently bought the tv pad and he said he doesn’t have the Cantonese channels? It’s a newer version he’s got. Is it better to get the older version cos my other uncle has the older version and he has all the Cantonese channels. How many different versions are there and what’s the best one to get if I want more Cantonese channels?
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Roku Streaming Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page