PBO (Alpine) Core Media Player Andriod 2.2 Media Player - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-02-2012, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 594
Is this the new Patriot Box Media Player? Does anyone know anything about it yet? I know the 1st Patriot Box was liked by a lot of people due to having an open UI, which you could flash with other UI such as Mede8er's.

This unit uses Android 2.2. So, I wonder if this unit will be just as flexible as the first unit. I believe one of the down side of the 1st unit was not being able to play HD sound.

At newegg.com for $109.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...media%20player

They also have another version called CoreXT, which has the capabilities of having an internal HDD. They are also introducing an Patriot Gauntlet Wifi, which I am very interested in for streaming video to Ipad/tablets via wifi.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Home Theater Set Up:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-03-2012, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

Is this the new Patriot Box Media Player? Does anyone know anything about it yet? I know the 1st Patriot Box was liked by a lot of people due to having an open UI, which you could flash with other UI such as Mede8er's.

This unit uses Android 2.2. So, I wonder if this unit will be just as flexible as the first unit. I believe one of the down side of the 1st unit was not being able to play HD sound.

At newegg.com for $109.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...media%20player

They also have another version called CoreXT, which has the capabilities of having an internal HDD. They are also introducing an Patriot Gauntlet Wifi, which I am very interested in for streaming video to Ipad/tablets via wifi.

I don't see HD sound listed in the description. No HD sound = no sale!
post #3 of 4 Old 05-03-2012, 07:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Android set top boxes are a dime a dozen and not very good either.

There's no proper media center software for Android and the stuff cooked up by the Chinese manufacturers who design these Android set top boxes is generally very crude if they bother at all with a custom UI.

The only thing approaching something like XBMC is MizuuTV (poor clone at best) and that needs Android 4.
post #4 of 4 Old 05-09-2012, 10:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alx330 View Post

The only thing approaching something like XBMC is MizuuTV (poor clone at best) and that needs Android 4.

Thanks for mentioning my "poor clone". A bit surprising to see a mention of Mizuu from someone who got the name of the app and OS compatibility wrong.

Mizuu was never intended as a clone of XBMC - it's much more focused on just video content, whereas XBMC tries to do everything, and yes, I do mean tries. XBMC is confusing to use, and although it does offer a lot of functionality, most of that functionality is unneccessarily hard to use.

If you really want to compare the two applications, despite their obvious differences, then let's do that. XBMC is open source and has lots of people working on it, and they have been since 2003. Mizuu is being developed solely by yours truly alongside my work and studies, and has been for less than a year.

I'm not mad or anything, just thought I'd mention it...

Cheers
Michell

PS. @OP - AFAIK there are no media center applications available for Android 2.2. None that are worth mentioning anyway.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page