Media player device that plays all files in folder without pause - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-06-2012, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Im looking for a media player device to hook up to my tv that will play all files in a folder without pause.

Im putting my unedited video camera files in a folder and I just want to play them all in a row without pause, and use the next button to skip to the next file in the folder.

Right now I have the Western Digital media player, but it pauses about 1 second for each next file. I tried Windows Media Center in Win7ult, but there is a small pause, and I would really like a simple box that can easily be turned on/off.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-06-2012, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
The Aios media player is the same way. It plays everything in the folder but tends to pause a second, show network speed, then play the next file.
I also have a WD Live and I think you can set it to play all files in a folder and it seemed when I did that it didn't pause much, and doesn't so all the network testing my Aios likes to do.
For me I'd like to turn off the auto play function in the Aios as most times I fire it up to play my latest edited captures and there so far is no option to turn that feature off and I usually have a bunch of oddball and older videos I don't want to watch once I'm done with the ones I pick. Pivos is heavily supporting the Aios and has a big community working on hacks and upgrades to the firmware, which they support, but so far no fix for the auto play one way or the other though it's been mentioned and MAY eventually get something done for both issues.
The WDTV live also has a HUGE community that has made enhanced firmwares with much better options and support so if your player supports it you might want to check it out and see if their versions make it do what you want. I run their goodies on my Live and it really improved everything about it.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-06-2012, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 59
the only models I know that do this are the digital signage models like the popcorn hours S210. But it does not function like a good good media player as its built for signage stuff
post #4 of 4 Old 05-06-2012, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Sounds like you tried the items I would suggest. I use a htpc for my main playback when I want this effect. And even then you get I guess about a 1/2 second pause or so. Also the WD media player is pretty good at this as well.

To play it back the way you want, you may have to do some reauthoring. To get no perceivable pause I believe you may have to turn the files into a movie

brickie

AM I THE ONLY OASIS IN THE DESERT OF STUPIDITY......" SIR BRICKENBOCKER"
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page