Exhaustive Micca EP600 G2 review - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 132 Old 05-18-2012, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I'll be reviewing the Micca EP 600 G2, abbreviated now to the 600. I had this shipped in from Amazon no problems and the player excluding shipping is $120 USD. I'm focussing specifically on local playback via SD and USB, not on the networking or internet playback. I've tested 23 standard video files from 576p to 1080p, from 23.976 to 24 to 25FPS all in a variety of sizes. I've also included one of my early attempts at encoding that turned out horribly. No media streamer has been able to play it so far. I'll detail all this more in one of the upcoming playback section.

I have the 600 connected directly to my TV to rule out any external problems with other equipment, and besides, I don't have a receiver anyway. I have the TV (LGSL90 series) set to Expert mode, with all motion enhancements and noise reduction disabled. I only have 24p aka Real Cinema enabled. After all, a media streamer is built to play back media first and foremost. I'm not affiliated with Micca either, this is my own player and I'm writing this to exhaustively test the 600. As we'll see later, I really would recommend this player to anyone looking for a new streamer. Now onto the review, split into convenient sections!

EXTERNAL APPEARANCES: Burnished aluminium that isn't a fingerprint magnet. At least not as bad as shiny media streamers. Very nice first impressions. This is also very small and fanless. Virtually every half decent connection is able for you to connect your media - you can connect a USB BD-ROM drive, SD/SDHC card, 2 USB devices (including a keyboard/mouse) and Gigabit around the back. You can also connect SATA HDD's via the included cable. Impressive. There is support for 3TB+ drives and 64GB SD cards. I personally would like to see at least 4 USB ports on the G3 revision. Otherwise, this is great for first impressions.

INTERNAL HARDWARE: Realtek's 1186 processor provides the grunt @ 750MHz backed by 512MB of DDR3. No problems here as we'll see in the playback section. Personally I'd up the RAM to 1GB if there will be more internet services in the future just to eliminate any possible bottlenecks. Right now the specs are sufficient.

UI + REMOTE: The UI is nice and simple and most importantly responsive. Everything is laid out logically where it should be and all the options are explained clearly in them manual. By the way, the manual is very well written and nicely concise. One thing that is missing is more info on the eject button. You need to eject everything otherwise Windows will complain that something may be corrupted, not just use it for DVD/BD drives. The remote has some leeway, it doesn't have to be pointed directly at the 600 which is good to see and its buttons are nice and squishy and respond well. I didn't like that the remote was rather flimsy and hollow and didn't have much weight/heft behind it. Still there are shortcuts for Movies and Films and Photos and all sorts of nice options for media organization that works well. Compared to competing products, the remote is a vast improvement. Still impressed!

The firmware is also solid. I only encountered two glitches. First, I updated the firmware to the latest and all went well. Until the reboot. It completed successfully then rebooted. And there it remained. I waited for 6min, then turned off the 600 via remote (it wasn't frozen), waited a spell, then turned it on again. Everything was well, the firmware update had indeed updated. Gremlin anyone? The last problem I had was that removing a USB and then inserting another one resulted either in a reboot or a green screen followed by a complete lock-up. This only happened roughly 30% of the time so until this is fixed I'd just stick with one USB playback option at a time. The firmware also has some redundant options, it lists the player as the EP950 and there is an option to eject the internal HDD. This should be cleaned up in terms of polish. Still rather minor annoying problems. Forgivable once you look at the playback section. These 23 files were all tested from either a 16GB USB or 500GB 2.5 HDD. The USB port(s) supplied enough juice. All files started right away within a second or two, no buffering or anything. 24P was enabled on the 600.

PLAYBACK:

- My special encode was first up. This is a mess of an .mkv, encoded to Level 5.1 with 15 reference frames, 8 subtitle tracks, and 8 audio tracks, 4 of each are included twice. Don't ask. Playback was flawless. Really. Not a single stutter or glitch, fast forwarding (in steps of up to x32), resume playback, choosing any and all subtitle or audio track options. Very very impressed. No media streamer has successfully played back this file. Until now.

- 7 .avi's were next, a mix of 1 CD and 2 CD for the XviD encodes. Flawless. Doesn't matter if it was 25 or 23.976 everything was smooth and worked perfectly. Note, none of these had any warpoints, I am uncertain if this player supports warpoints. Then again, you shouldn't use warpoints anyway as compatibility is virtually non-existent. Some had packed bitstream and this was fine. One annoyance was that stopping the film sometimes too longer than to start. You hit stop, then the 600 stopped after two or three seconds. Resume worked fine, the 600 remembered what you are up to.

- Next were 4 SD mp4's, three encoded to x264 MP L3.1 and one to 4.1. No problems here either. As with the other files everything was smooth, no stutters nothing. The stop button is still annoying. One had a 5.1 channel AAC track and this was fine too.

- Next were 5 720p mkv's encoded to x264 L4.1. Again, everything was perfect. No glitches, nothing. I am seriously impressed at this stage.

- Next were 2 x264 DVD rips, L3.1, no problems either.

- I only tested one 1080p encode with an average bitrate of 9MB/s as I'm shifting HDD's around and do not have many on hand. Again, zero problems, subtitles all work, differing audio tracks, all good. Note, if you change any audio tracks or subtitle tracks, you need to pause then resume playback for the changes to stick.

- ISO's were next. I had three on hand. All displayed menu's properly in the right AR (16:9 or 4:3) and navigating the menu's were slick and smooth. Again, no problems. I don't have any BD iso's but if this requested I'll try to test. The DVD menu side has no problems. You can also play a folder with .vob files, think an extracted .iso. Me like!

As you can see, every single one of my 23 files played completely. I encountered zero playback problems with the latest firmware - x.x.3.9. You can expect nothing more for core media playback at all resolutions and FPS's. I highly recommend this over WD's model (which has stolen the spotlight and it really is nothing special) and AC Ryan's equivalent. I personally would never go for Dune or Popcorn Hour due to price, for me a HTPC would be better value, but for a do it all streamer at a cheap price, I highly recommend the 600.

FEATURES I'D LIKE TO SEE:

- 4 USB 2.0 ports
- The info screen should stick not disappear after three or seconds (and its a nice detailed info screen too)
- Clean up the EP 950 references
- Fix the glitchy USB selection
- Fix the sluggish stopping of files.

Any questions, post them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 132 Old 05-18-2012, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
The specifications say that the device supports component video output, but there doesn't seem to be any jacks on the back for this. How does this work?

What does the interface look like for selecting files?

Does it support high bit-rate audio DD TrueHD and DTS Master Audio through HDMI?

Thanks,
Brian
post #3 of 132 Old 05-18-2012, 11:49 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

It does have YPbPr output but only a single input, so I think you need some sort of cable splitter for that option. It definitely supports TrueHD, and I'm fairly certain DTS Master is also supported, if not it will just play the core DTS option, but it does support 7.1 bitstream output. The interface can either be film by film with a picture or a simple file browser that you scroll through.
post #4 of 132 Old 05-19-2012, 04:41 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B View Post

The specifications say that the device supports component video output, but there doesn't seem to be any jacks on the back for this. How does this work?

What does the interface look like for selecting files?

Does it support high bit-rate audio DD TrueHD and DTS Master Audio through HDMI?

Thanks,
Brian

according to there webpage @ http://content.miccastore.com/micca-ep600

Supports numerous audio formats including Dolby Digital, TrueHD, DTS, DTS-MA/HR, and DTS Downmix

Vincent Hanna: "It keeps me sharp on the edge where I gotta be."
post #5 of 132 Old 05-19-2012, 08:42 AM

Tiddles88- quick question:

Did you happen to try playing the video files *before* the firmware update, and if so what were your results?

I'm not crazy about doing firmware updates, and I only do them if I have to...

I really like this unit because of your review, and I am probably going to order one this weekend.

Thanks so much!
post #6 of 132 Old 05-19-2012, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsfixit View Post

Tiddles88- quick question:

Did you happen to try playing the video files *before* the firmware update, and if so what were your results?

I'm not crazy about doing firmware updates, and I only do them if I have to...

I really like this unit because of your review, and I am probably going to order one this weekend.

Thanks so much!

I tried two or three, but even the manual recommends updating the firmware. It is up to you but I would, these fixes may be of use to you:

"Fixes flash memory card support issues"

"Fixes idx+sub subtitle display issues"

Your choice.
post #7 of 132 Old 05-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 34
this is a awesome player
like is big brother EP950 they use same firmware.

i tested about 70 blu rays 2D and 3D and not a single problem

2D and 3D are impressive image quality

here my review EP950 review

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...380932&page=27

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1367449&page=9

Projector Mitsubishi HC5

Projector Optoma hd300x 

Av receiver Onkyo TX-NR 818

Oppo 103D

Media player Med1000x3D

KEN KREISEL DXD-808 

Q7000 5.1

post #8 of 132 Old 05-19-2012, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiddles88 View Post

It does have YPbPr output but only a single input, so I think you need some sort of cable splitter for that option. It definitely supports TrueHD, and I'm fairly certain DTS Master is also supported, if not it will just play the core DTS option, but it does support 7.1 bitstream output. The interface can either be film by film with a picture or a simple file browser that you scroll through.

I see the 950 has the standard jacks for component. Any reason to get the 600 over the 950?

I would never use a SSD or internal HD as all my media is on a NAS. How does the streaming work?

Any idea how this device compares to a Dune or HTPC running XBMC? Is there a difference in picture quality, etc.? (I was about to abandon the HTPC but I got it running again although I like the much smaller form factor of something like this or the Dune.

Thanks,
Brian

PS No interest in music or photo or Internet streaming--it would be strictly for playing DVD and TV shows.
post #9 of 132 Old 05-19-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:

I tried two or three, but even the manual recommends updating the firmware. It is up to you but I would, these fixes may be of use to you:

"Fixes flash memory card support issues"

"Fixes idx+sub subtitle display issues"

Your choice.

Yeah, those 2 issues make it kind of a no brainer to update the firmware...
post #10 of 132 Old 05-20-2012, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

I see the 950 has the standard jacks for component. Any reason to get the 600 over the 950?

I would never use a SSD or internal HD as all my media is on a NAS. How does the streaming work?

Any idea how this device compares to a Dune or HTPC running XBMC? Is there a difference in picture quality, etc.? (I was about to abandon the HTPC but I got it running again although I like the much smaller form factor of something like this or the Dune.

Thanks,
Brian

PS No interest in music or photo or Internet streaming--it would be strictly for playing DVD and TV shows.

The only difference between streamers and HTPC's, apart from flexibility is that you can use different output options such as MadVR and EVR to postprocess the images. Sure it can look better but the standard picture quality between all the three is close to identical. For the streaming just connect an Ethernet cable and go through some basic options to set up and recognize the NAS box, then build up the media player on the 600.
post #11 of 132 Old 05-20-2012, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member

So what's the difference between 600 and 950?
post #12 of 132 Old 05-20-2012, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

So what's the difference between 600 and 950?

Internal HDD mostly. Nothing internal for the 600, everything is externally connected.
post #13 of 132 Old 05-21-2012, 07:46 AM

Tiddles, another quick question. Forgive my ignorance on this subject.

I have a video that is 768x576. Will a size like this play on the Micca?

I can't play anything bigger than a standard 720x480 video on my DVD player, even though it does upscale the video to 1080. I just get a "resolution not supported" error.

It would be nice to watch videos without having to constantly downsize everything...

Thanks for letting me pick your brain. :-)
post #14 of 132 Old 05-21-2012, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Tiddles88, nice review. Your findings are similar to mine for both Realtek's 1185 and 1186 chips. I have some less-than-ideally created MKV's that have noticeable frame skips on my PCH A-300, but play silky smooth on my Mede8er 450X2 (1185 chip) and HiMedia HD900B (1186 chip). Now, when I demux and remux those MKV's, they play fine on PCH. Also, I've had a couple of MKV's that refused to play after a certain point on PCH, but play on Realtek, albeit with a quick glitch. But, they play. These players seem more forgiving than others I've tried to date.

HD Media Keen Videosaurus
post #15 of 132 Old 05-21-2012, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Internal HDD mostly. Nothing internal for the 600, everything is externally connected.

The 950 has the dedicated component video connections so it makes this one more desirable for me assuming there is no other difference.

Where is the best place to get one of these?

I do have my HTPC working with XBMC but it is occasionally jerky with horizontal pans. It could be I don't have enough processing power, but I'd rather not go to the trouble of upgrading...again.

Also, I'm not sure if I can get digital and analog audio working at the same time.

A bigger concern for me is the interface. Is there a way to mark files as "watched" so when I get new TV episodes that I know which are watched and which aren't?

How easy/hard is it to set up the graphic interface with pics for TV shows and movies? I currently use Media Center Master (MCM) to put info into the folders where the files reside. Will this affect the ease of using the Micca in any way?

Thanks!
Brian
post #16 of 132 Old 05-21-2012, 11:58 AM

Hello Tiddles! Your information is a blessing, THANKS!

I have just a few questions that would influence whether or not we get this device to test. All questions regarding DVD & ISOs are for STANDARD DVDs, not Bluray. Thanks again for the help!

1. Have you tried playing any DUAL LAYER ISOs to see if they will navigate via [chapter] menu correctly and play to the end of the movie? We've had nothing but problems with other players based upon the RT 1185 chipset.

2. Related to #1 above: Have you tried playing a ripped dvd to it's FOLDER STRUCTURE (VIDEO_TS\\VOBs) and have you tried both dual layer and single layer rips to see if they will navigate via menu and play correctly? Again, the 1185 players we tried failed miserably at this.

3. Is there any kind of SLOW [motion] playback option (for videos)? We don't see a "slow" button on the remote for the EP950 and no reference to it in the manual. Every RT 1185 player we tried had this option. Since we can't get frame by frame advance\
ewind, the slow motion is the next best thing for use with our classes (martial arts & tennis, archery etc.) to be able to slow down moves\\strokes etc. It might be a deal killer if that isn't the same as we've seen on other 1185 players. We have multiple locations and they would all need this function.

4. Related to #3 above. If no slow motion option is available or planned for the future, is there an "A-B" function like we've seen on the other 1185 players we tried? At least this would give us a loop option for a segment of the video. We didn't see an "A-B" button like we've noticed on other 1185 players.

5. It appears as the remote for this device is the same as the one for the 950. Since we can't find a user manual to download [for the 600] we can't confirm. Is that the case and if so, can we assume there is no "slow" or "A-B" buttons\\functions on either of these devices? Perhaps Jack or anyone else can chime in about this? Since this was available for other players based upon the RT 1185, could we assume it is possible for this player and firmware would determine if it is available?

Thanks again for your great help!
post #17 of 132 Old 05-21-2012, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

@ Mrsfixit

768x576 is a different form of cropping. The 600 should have no problems with this form of basic playback. More info is here:

http://www.gdbint.com.au/tech/16x9/

Can you upload a sample?

@ Brian B

The jerkiness looks like either frame rate issues and/or lack of grunt in deinterlacing or processing. I don't think the 600 can play two audio tracks simultaneously, a HTPC will. For the media library, you can create a library with an image of the films to scroll through and search easily but you cannot mark files you've watched.

@ OnyxAno

Number 1 + 2, yes and most definitely yes. One of the DVD ISO's tested was a DVD-9 double layer NTSC untouched rip of a DVD. Flawless. The other was a folder full of vob's in a VIDEO_TS file and the 600 just played the folder fine. There is no slow or A-B functionality BUT there is a repeat function. You can repeat chapters or titles. If I recall exercise DVD's usually break exercise routines into titles, and you can repeat the current title. The 600 can also resume from where you last stopped, but that is all.
post #18 of 132 Old 05-21-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:

@ OnyxAno

Thank you very much for this important info!
Quote:

Number 1 + 2, yes and most definitely yes. One of the DVD ISO's tested was a DVD-9 double layer NTSC untouched rip of a DVD. Flawless. The other was a folder full of vob's in a VIDEO_TS file and the 600 just played the folder fine.

So this played the vobs in the folder, via menu support, or just played the files 'natively' one by one (which of course won't allow subtitle support etc)?
Quote:

There is no slow or A-B functionality BUT there is a repeat function. You can repeat chapters or titles. If I recall exercise DVD's usually break exercise routines into titles, and you can repeat the current title. The 600 can also resume from where you last stopped, but that is all.

Again thank you for this priceless info. Unfortunately, this may not work as the slow function was the bear minimum we could use to show techniques. We have over a decade worth of our own private videos we have compiled into DVDs as previously we only had set top players that we had to lug around to our Dojos etc. We're not referring to exercises, but full contact [fighting] techniques and professional level tennis strokes and such. Very fast and intensive stuff if you get my drift. Could a better optional remote control give us the slow or A-B functions we had on the 1185 player or are these absolutely not available? We have had absolutely ZERO response from Micca on these issues so the info on this forum is extremely helpful.

We've just gone through the entire EP950 thread as well as many others and couldn't find anything on this as it pertains to Micca players. We see it on other players (only tested 1185 ones) and hoped it would be standard on these.

We know Jack is busier than a one legged man in a foot race, but we really wish he would comment on the slo mo \\ A-B feature set. And we're very surprised that others have not asked about this.

HOWEVER:
In case some of our locations could use it without the slow mo\\a-b functions, there is one more important feature that we found workable on all the 1185 players: Working as a stand alone DVD player using an external USB [optical] drive. Of course there will be no copy protection on these discs. We need this in case our aging set top stand alone DVD player dies. In fact, this was the ONLY way we could get the 1185 player to play a dvd (both single & dual layer) to the end without problems, and with full menu support!! We just used one of those LG SuperMulti Slim drives without any external power necessary!

Our needs for slow-mo and frame advance may force us into more expensive HD Smart H1 or similar, which we were told have it. Is there any less expensive players with these features we can look at? (feel free to PM this info so it doesn't muck up this important thread)

Thanks again for your wonderful help!
post #19 of 132 Old 05-21-2012, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

@ OnyxAno

Yes, it played the vob's in the folder as if they were an .iso, not one by one with full menu support. I think the features you want could be added in via firmware, the 1186 certainly has the grunt to play them. The 600 has support for external drives, but I personally would use Imgburn to create ISO's of the discs and play them off an external HDD. Its much neater and as I mentioned the 600 will play ISO's whether DVD 9 or 5. I'd contact Micca via email and ask about the slo mo features, point them to this thread too so they can look at the glitches I experienced. They might cook up some new firmware with it.
post #20 of 132 Old 05-22-2012, 06:10 AM

Very Nice review . It would be nice if some testing was done via optical and HDMI to a receiver. Most of the series coming out today have are .MP4 with AAC and most recvievers have problems playing them. My player is a EGREAT R300 and only plays the AAC 2.0 when you manually switch from SPDIF/RAW to LPCM.
post #21 of 132 Old 05-22-2012, 06:57 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 11
Hi All,

First of all, thanks to Tiddles88 for the review, not just for the positives, but also the issues pointed out so that we have an opportunity to improve the product.

A new user's manual has been posted on the product support website. It's *MUCH* better than the manual that was shipped with the unit. This new manual will be included in future runs of the player.

As others have already mentioned, the difference between the EP600 G2 and the EP950 boils down to the following points:

Internal hard disk drive bay: EP950 offers a 3.5" drive bay, the EP600 G2 does not. Both have an external SATA connector for attaching a bare hard disk drive and a cable for doing so is supplied.

Front panel buttons and display: EP950 offers a touch sensitive front panel with 8 control buttons, along with a VFD display. The EP600 G2 has one physical power button and a blue power indicator strip.

USB 3.0 connectivity: EP950 provides a USB 3.0 connection for attaching the player to a computer. The EP600 G2 does not have a USB client connector.

Full size component connector: EP950 has full size component video RCA jacks. The EP600 G2 has a 3.5mm break-out jack and requires a break-out cable. Based on looking at players returned by customers, fewer than 5% of the component video cables are ever opened and used. Instead of bundling a component video break-out cable with every single player, we are making it available separately.

Jack@Micca
Micca Support Specialist
post #22 of 132 Old 05-22-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack@Micca View Post

Hi All,

First of all, thanks to Tiddles88 for the review, not just for the positives, but also the issues pointed out so that we have an opportunity to improve the product.

Howdy Jack!
Wow, it's great that you are so active here. Your input is invaluable since we haven't received a peep of info from Micca on any of our inquiries.

Could you let us know if any type of slo-motion is planned for this device or even the other models in this line up? Since the A-B and Slow functions were present on the RTD1185 players we tested, we made the mistake of assuming all players based upon these chipsets had these features. We all here are just learning what these players are capable of and what they are unable to do. Since even our oldest stand alone 'set top' dvd players and even VHS players have these capabilities we thought these features would be 'Media Player 101'.

If these features were present we would purchase one to test immediately. Our needs require one or more players at multiple locations, so we would need to make sure it would work for us before we get a bunch of them.

If nothing is planned for these features, could a more robust remote give us these or are they just absent from the player altogether?

Appreciate any info on that and we thank you again for your help!
post #23 of 132 Old 05-22-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:

@ OnyxAno

Yes, it played the vob's in the folder as if they were an .iso, not one by one with full menu support. I think the features you want could be added in via firmware, the 1186 certainly has the grunt to play them. The 600 has support for external drives, but I personally would use Imgburn to create ISO's of the discs and play them off an external HDD. Its much neater and as I mentioned the 600 will play ISO's whether DVD 9 or 5. I'd contact Micca via email and ask about the slo mo features, point them to this thread too so they can look at the glitches I experienced. They might cook up some new firmware with it.

Thanks again for your input! Yes, I've actually been using DVD Decrypter to create ISOs from all the folder structure rips we have and prefer having to deal with only one file rather than entire folder structures. Crazy thing is the only way we are able to play these without problems is via the PC (MPC Home Cinema, VLC, PowerDVD etc.).

I really hope we don't end up without any device that can meet our (what I believe are) meager needs* and have me building a bunch of expensive cumbersome HTPCs.

*Not sure why it is so hard to find a player that will fit for us since we don't need much HD support, NO Bluray and don't get me started on 3D. Thanks to you and others here we think this player would work IF it were not for the lack of basic slo-motion and\\or A-B playback.

Guess I'll create a new thread that hopefully will generate some choices for players that will have these features. We noted there are a few amazing sites that list some features and capabilities for actual comparisons and even rates these players. But we don't see some of the most basic capabilities (like slo-mo) listed on any of them. Even most reviews on these players don't cover some of what I believe are the most basic functions and questions of what these players can actually do.

Again thanks for your precious information!
post #24 of 132 Old 05-22-2012, 07:16 PM

Hi, so my seagate 2tb usb 2.0 have to use the sata port of micca? and the cable for that is included when i buy the micca g2?
post #25 of 132 Old 05-22-2012, 07:18 PM

I'd like to purchase the EP950. Amazon is out. where can i get it?
post #26 of 132 Old 05-22-2012, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

@ yu.eugene

You should, and the cable is included

@ zanmet

Looks like most places its out, an alternative site is here (also out of stock):

http://www.adorama.com/MCEP950.html
post #27 of 132 Old 05-23-2012, 05:51 AM

I would settle for the EP600 G2, but i want to add an internal hard drive. Does jack have any idea when they will be shipping more?
post #28 of 132 Old 05-23-2012, 07:21 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanmet View Post

I would settle for the EP600 G2, but i want to add an internal hard drive. Does jack have any idea when they will be shipping more?

i made my order in adorama on 5 may and only took 7 days of backorder for the second batch, it was shipped 12 may.

in same day, run out of stock, you better order now if you want one quickly.

Projector Mitsubishi HC5

Projector Optoma hd300x 

Av receiver Onkyo TX-NR 818

Oppo 103D

Media player Med1000x3D

KEN KREISEL DXD-808 

Q7000 5.1

post #29 of 132 Old 05-23-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:

@ Mrsfixit

768x576 is a different form of cropping. The 600 should have no problems with this form of basic playback. More info is here:

Tiddles88,
I guess I will find out for myself, as I just ordered the EP600 from Amazon.

I may have to pick your brain about the firmware upgrade though. Maybe you can walk me through it when the time comes, if it isn't to much trouble?

Thanks for all your input!
post #30 of 132 Old 05-23-2012, 01:50 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxAno View Post

Could you let us know if any type of slo-motion is planned for this device or even the other models in this line up? Since the A-B and Slow functions were present on the RTD1185 players we tested, we made the mistake of assuming all players based upon these chipsets had these features.

Hi,

I do know that slow-motion and A-B repeat are features that exist in the reference firmware. However, they are not in the firmware for the EP600/EP950. I've sent in an inquiry to see if they can be added.

These are not commonly requested features, however.

Jack@Micca
Micca Support Specialist
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Micca Ep600 G2 1080p Full Hd Digital Media Player With 3d Playback 7 1 Hd Audio , Micca Ep950 1080p 3d Digital Media Player With Gigabit Network Usb 3 0 And 3 5 Inch Hdd Drive Bay
Gear in this thread - Ep950 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page