What would you rec for this setup? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-17-2002, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am building a house where all my components will be in a closet out of site and controlled by a pronto pro via rf. The only thing visible will be the speakers and the screen of the tv. The house has ethernet throughout including the component closet. I also have a wireless 802.11b and all my mp3's are on a connected firewire drive.

What would you recommend for this setup to allow me access to my mp3's? The Rio is out since it will be in the closet and does not display on the tv. I want the ability to play all my mp3's throughout the different rooms and zones in the house. Thanks.

Go Noles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-22-2002, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not sure why the Rio would be out given that you want to play music in different zones. By using the Rio in each room every zone would have full control over what music is being played. If what you mean is you want central control of music in all zones from your component closet, then you have a few options:

1. Get the Audiotron. It will fit into your rack nicely and the included remote has five "favorites" buttons (playlists), which I'm sure you could program into your Pronto.

2. Just hook up the PC with all your mp3's to your TV and get a wireless (900 mhz, not infrared) keyboard. If the PC is not in the same room as your component closet then you can add the cabling for it or add another PC connected to the LAN to your closet. You can then use something like RealPlayer Jukebox to play music in other zones.

There are many ways you can pipe music throughout the house. I did mine the following way http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=136569

I'm also planning to start streaming video as well as audio for my next project. Stay tuned.

Good luck!

"Mixing a teaspoon of manure with a gallon of ice cream produces a gallon of manure."
Closed Thread Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page