functional replacement for AR DMP3000 Mediabridge - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-25-2012, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I was lucky enough to pick up two of these many years back before they dissapeared. Ive been casually looking for devices that offer the same level of functionality (HT componant form factor and ability to stream a full DVD -interactive menus and all-) since then. Now the DVI has gone out on one of the two, and ive just upgraded the room its in from an old 25" Cable Ready CRT to a brand new Panasonic VT50. Im hurting not having the DVI out now.

Has a product come along since that does what the Mediabridge does? Ive seen many media streaming boxes since, and my new receiver and TV both support DLNA, but they wont interract with the DVD menus and the UI is horrible.

It seems that the Mediabridge has the same problem as my Empeg Car box - A visionary product that never got reproduced. (Its dying a slow death as well, and theres still nothing on the market that does what it does 12 years later).

Please help me find something I can replace the MB with that the family can use and which wont require me to go rerip my 900+ dvds to make it useful.

Thanks,
-S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-26-2012, 10:17 AM
buz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratava View Post

I was lucky enough to pick up two of these many years back before they dissapeared. Ive been casually looking for devices that offer the same level of functionality (HT componant form factor and ability to stream a full DVD -interactive menus and all-) since then. Now the DVI has gone out on one of the two, and ive just upgraded the room its in from an old 25" Cable Ready CRT to a brand new Panasonic VT50. Im hurting not having the DVI out now.
Has a product come along since that does what the Mediabridge does? Ive seen many media streaming boxes since, and my new receiver and TV both support DLNA, but they wont interract with the DVD menus and the UI is horrible.
It seems that the Mediabridge has the same problem as my Empeg Car box - A visionary product that never got reproduced. (Its dying a slow death as well, and theres still nothing on the market that does what it does 12 years later).
Please help me find something I can replace the MB with that the family can use and which wont require me to go rerip my 900+ dvds to make it useful.
Thanks,
-S
I feel your pain. I have 4 of these. They did seem way ahead of their time. I have tried a
Number of devices to get the same basic functionality that these had.
Dlink 520
Netgear NeoTV550
Roku
Western Digital
Popbox
BoxeeBox

A number of these devices are crappy at displaying artwork, or don't.
I have been using the boxee box until recently. It automatically
Scrapes artwork. But it is riddled with bugs. I think it also has an
Issue with dvd navigation if your rips are broken out into a file tree
As opposed to like an iso file. The AR Mediabridge was solid on
Dvd navigation. All/Most of the boxes above seem to handle much
More file types than the mediabridge though. I have most recently
Been switching out my boxee boxes because of the bugs (It can't
Handle HDaudio, hangs,forgets files it knew about,the list goes on).
I am now switching to macmini's running plex.

Even though I'm down to using 1 of my 4 Mediabridges, don't
Ask me to sell you the spares I'm keeping them.

Buz
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page