80's Music Videos? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 07-11-2012, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Growing up you could say that I grew up a child of the 80's. When I was a teen I watched MTV 24/7, that was when the channel was great and showed only Music Videos.

I have built a nice streaming setup in my house and have things setup now that all the TV's in the house can watch movies, Netflix and other live TV over DLNA using my DISH Network Hopper and Joeys. Everything is working great now and I am happy with the results.

As a child of the 80's I am now trying to build up a collection of 80's music videos, and so far my only luck has been to rip music videos from Youtube. Unfortunately doing it this way not only are the videos terrible quality but the audio is as well.

What I am looking for is someplace that sells music videos in a digital format which I can put on my streaming machines in my house to feed via DLNA to my TV's. The iTunes store does not have very much in the way of 80's music videos. But I am thinking there has to be someplace where I can buy 80's music videos in digital form.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Scott
SatelliteGuys.US / MultiChannel News
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-12-2012, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
a lot of them might be on Youtube. So you might be able to download using one of the many youtube downloaders out there?
post #3 of 10 Old 07-12-2012, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdb4133 View Post

a lot of them might be on Youtube. So you might be able to download using one of the many youtube downloaders out there?

Tried that already as pointed out in the first message.
Quote:
so far my only luck has been to rip music videos from Youtube. Unfortunately doing it this way not only are the videos terrible quality but the audio is as well.

There has to be somewhere to legally buy 80's music videos online. If not some companies are missing out on a lot of money.

The iTunes 80's music collection only have 40 songs in it, there were a lot more then 40 songs in the 80's. biggrin.gif

Scott
SatelliteGuys.US / MultiChannel News
post #4 of 10 Old 07-12-2012, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
There has to be somewhere to legally buy 80's music videos online. If not some companies are missing out on a lot of money.
Unfortunately not. I've looked and only found a few multi-artist DVD compilations or single-artist DVD collections. Bought a few and ripped to MKV the ones I wanted. But, I get most my 80's music videos from YouTube and VH1's Totally 80's series. Quality on both is so-so at best.

HD Media Keen Videosaurus
post #5 of 10 Old 07-12-2012, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Unless it's a major artist like Madonna where you can buy professional high quality authorized video compilations- you're probably stuck with youtube FLV rips for most of the 80's vids.

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
post #6 of 10 Old 11-28-2012, 02:30 PM

Liked: 10
It's pretty hard, I have the same problem.

You need to get a job with a TV station that plays late night music videos.....
post #7 of 10 Old 11-28-2012, 04:09 PM

Might be too much trouble but what about getting a LD Player and buying some video collections and ripping them?

http://www.noobelodeon.org/w/How_to_Rip_Laserdisc
post #8 of 10 Old 12-02-2012, 02:22 PM

Unfortunately, there is not too much LD material around in Australia. Looking on Ebay, most stuff is from US ? UK / JP making it a bit prohibative cost wise. I noticed Amazon sell some DVD's with music videos. Not sure on the quality / quantity of clips per disk though.
post #9 of 10 Old 12-02-2012, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 194
OP. just search "HQ music videos VOB" in google. I think you will find what you are looking for.
post #10 of 10 Old 12-03-2012, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 205
i dont have cable anymore, but i used to watch Totally 80s on VH1 Classic saturday mornings.

if i wanted to build a collection, id dvr that every weekend and use video redo to cut individual videos out. fortunately i use WMC and Comcast is pretty good about broadcast flags

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page