post #361 of 1432 Old 12-04-2012, 08:29 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by mede8er1 View Post

Performance of the MED600X3D and MED1000X3D are the same and in fact they share the same firmware. I will check with our reseller about availability in USA as it was only planned for Q1 2013.
Mede8er1

Good, I was curious about US availability as well. I am also curious if these have been tested and shown working with any of the popular DLNA software packages out there such as Mezzmo, Serviio, TVersity or Plex.

Thanks

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 1432 Old 12-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:

Performance of the MED600X3D and MED1000X3D are the same and in fact they share the same firmware. I will check with our reseller about availability in USA as it was only planned for Q1 2013.

UPDATE
Just checked with http://www.mediaconceptusa.com/mede8er.html and they will arrange to get a shipmt into USA by Mid Dec.

Mede8er1

Thanks for the update.

I think I will put my order for one.

My popcorn hour a-400 have to much bugs it is a shame... I fully undertand that they will upgrade the firmware as time pass but how much time I will lose on this?
post #363 of 1432 Old 12-04-2012, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
You guys will not be sorry with purchasing either MED1000X3D or MED600X3D as they are rock solid players and still improving all the time. We are very close to releasing V1.0.3 final as we have finally resolved a compatibility issue with Seagate 512e USB drives and this was done with the assistance of Seagate and Realtek. We have been doing some behind the scene testing on a new SDK for X3D Series with a small closed group with the Mede8er community. The results have been great and feedback exceptional so we will start to merge our code into this SDK shortly. Its a lengthy process and will require a lot of work and debugging along the way but we are fortunate that we have a solid release in V1.0.3 that should keep most satisfied for now. I dont want to discuss to much about this SDK as I dont like to raise expectations that for what ever reason we may not be able to meet. Our core focus right now is on getting the best and most stable playback from our players as that is one of our major strengths and we will leave the gimmicky selling features to others.

http://www.mediaconceptusa.com/mede8er.html has agreed to stock the MED600X3D this year (was planned for 2013) so please lets support him. They have will have limited quantities available and will list the MED600X3D on Pre Order basis so get your orders in early.

Mede8er1
post #364 of 1432 Old 12-04-2012, 11:32 AM

Liked: 13
Nice. I wouldn't mind picking up the 600x before Christmas as a gift for myself smile.gif It will be my first media player and I'm getting impatient for waiting out and choosing a device.

post #365 of 1432 Old 12-04-2012, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 592
It should be noted and known, that you will have issues playing 3D files over network / SMB. You will need to use NFS or external storage connected via USB to the mede8er. If you own a Synology you will have issues streaming 3D content.

I used to own the Med500X2, which was an excellent media player, but I hated the jukebox. It was a PIA to edit wrong information and the TV Show is lacking. It would be nice if Mede8er dump the Y2M and adopted YAMJ completely.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8599

Home Theater Set Up:

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8597

post #366 of 1432 Old 12-04-2012, 12:17 PM

Liked: 10
The Mede8er MED600X3D will be available in the USA in med December (hopefully before Xmas) from MediaConcept
http://www.mediaconceptusa.com/mede8er.html
or
http://www.mede8erUSA.com

MediaConceptUSA
post #367 of 1432 Old 12-04-2012, 12:26 PM

GusGus748s

Regarding Samba stream it may well be worth reading this post as its a very elegant solution for streaming full 3D with zero quality loss for those who do not have NFS 32k

http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,9624.0.html

Our Movie and Music Jukebox's are one of our major strengths and they are robust, quick and work very well. For good results you will need to read our tutorials and make sure you stick to the correct naming convention for scraping purposes. Great Series support from a Jukebox perspective is not our strength and right now we have other areas of higher importance to concentrate on. We may well look at Series at a later date but right now we need to deal in small bits otherwise it can end up in a huge mess.

Mede8er1
post #368 of 1432 Old 12-04-2012, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

GusGus748s
Regarding Samba stream it may well be worth reading this post as its a very elegant solution for streaming full 3D with zero quality loss for those who do not have NFS 32k
http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,9624.0.html
Our Movie and Music Jukebox's are one of our major strengths and they are robust, quick and work very well. For good results you will need to read our tutorials and make sure you stick to the correct naming convention for scraping purposes. Great Series support from a Jukebox perspective is not our strength and right now we have other areas of higher importance to concentrate on. We may well look at Series at a later date but right now we need to deal in small bits otherwise it can end up in a huge mess.
Mede8er1

Y2M isn't robust compared to Zappiti or YAMJ. So, I disagree with your Jukebox being a strength. I do agree that your media players are one of the best at the moment. Customer service and support is excellent as well, which is something that PCH and Dune lack 100%.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #369 of 1432 Old 12-04-2012, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Is there a need or a benefit to install an internal hard drive if I intend to stream everything from my NAS? I'd as soon not install one if I don't have to...
post #370 of 1432 Old 12-04-2012, 03:02 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

It should be noted and known, that you will have issues playing 3D files over network / SMB. You will need to use NFS or external storage connected via USB to the mede8er. If you own a Synology you will have issues streaming 3D content.
I used to own the Med500X2, which was an excellent media player, but I hated the jukebox. It was a PIA to edit wrong information and the TV Show is lacking. It would be nice if Mede8er dump the Y2M and adopted YAMJ completely.

GusGus748s, when you mentioned that you did not like the jukebox, what does that mean? Sorry, I am pretty new to the whole media device and all I would like to do is stream 2D blurays, iso's or mkv from network share onto the device as well as stream 3D iso's from an attached external device. I mainly only have movies, and very few TV shows, so I just want to display the box art with correct bluray icon or 3d icon, movie info, etc like how XBMC does it. With different views to choose from based on how you like the movies to be displayed. Are you saying that pulling the movie artwork, info, icons, etc. on the jukebox does not work correctly or just takes alot of time to setup correctly?

Sorry, I'm just trying to see which device to pickup and have been leaning towards Mede8er vs PCH at this point, but wanted to make sure it doesn't have any silly setups like displaying incorrect movie box art or can't pull in the info correctly, or takes awhile to do. Sorry, I don't really know what Y2M, Zappiti, or YAMJ is, so I guess I need to do some research.

Thanks,

post #371 of 1432 Old 12-04-2012, 03:06 PM
LVS
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post

Is there a need or a benefit to install an internal hard drive if I intend to stream everything from my NAS? I'd as soon not install one if I don't have to...

The hard drive is optional and is not required for streaming from external sources.
thrang likes this.
post #372 of 1432 Old 12-04-2012, 05:34 PM

Liked: 10
Anyone else have an issue with the Youtube browser on the MED1000x3d? I just received the unit yesterday and it's been an absolute joy in the 2 days of testing I've done, but the Youtube app seems to not be working correctly. I signed in using my UN/PW, but nothing comes up at all under uploaded videos or favorites. Is this just a bug or does anyone else know of a fix? Thanks
post #373 of 1432 Old 12-04-2012, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 20
So I inquired about the price from mediaconceptusa for the MED600X3D as it wasn't listed and the response I got was:

"We do not know exactly the price as the shipment has not gone though custom yet.
We anticipate the price to be ~$190"

I must say they do respond quickly.

Personally for the $35 difference I'd go with the MED1000X3D. The price is certainly no where near the numbers that I've seen being thrown around.

Edit: I guess it is close, just not what was being thrown out by Canton.
post #374 of 1432 Old 12-04-2012, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

You guys will not be sorry with purchasing either MED1000X3D or MED600X3D as they are rock solid players and still improving all the time. We are very close to releasing V1.0.3 final as we have finally resolved a compatibility issue with Seagate 512e USB drives and this was done with the assistance of Seagate and Realtek. We have been doing some behind the scene testing on a new SDK for X3D Series with a small closed group with the Mede8er community. The results have been great and feedback exceptional so we will start to merge our code into this SDK shortly. Its a lengthy process and will require a lot of work and debugging along the way but we are fortunate that we have a solid release in V1.0.3 that should keep most satisfied for now. I dont want to discuss to much about this SDK as I dont like to raise expectations that for what ever reason we may not be able to meet. Our core focus right now is on getting the best and most stable playback from our players as that is one of our major strengths and we will leave the gimmicky selling features to others.
http://www.mediaconceptusa.com/mede8er.html has agreed to stock the MED600X3D this year (was planned for 2013) so please lets support him. They have will have limited quantities available and will list the MED600X3D on Pre Order basis so get your orders in early.
Mede8er1

I hv used other RTK1186 devices and found that there were pixels cropped at the bottom and right. Does the Mede8er have this issue? As I do not want to invest in another RTK device to find out, I am curious if it was a RTK issue or a player issue?

U can easily see this using the pixel cropping test pattern on any test disc. I hope u can help me answer this. I also noticed that while the undefeatable sharpening seems to be not as aggressive as the older 1185 chips, there still is some sharpening going on. Will it be possible to defeat this in the future?

Thanks
post #375 of 1432 Old 12-04-2012, 08:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkoman View Post

GusGus748s, when you mentioned that you did not like the jukebox, what does that mean? Sorry, I am pretty new to the whole media device and all I would like to do is stream 2D blurays, iso's or mkv from network share onto the device as well as stream 3D iso's from an attached external device. I mainly only have movies, and very few TV shows, so I just want to display the box art with correct bluray icon or 3d icon, movie info, etc like how XBMC does it. With different views to choose from based on how you like the movies to be displayed. Are you saying that pulling the movie artwork, info, icons, etc. on the jukebox does not work correctly or just takes alot of time to setup correctly?
Sorry, I'm just trying to see which device to pickup and have been leaning towards Mede8er vs PCH at this point, but wanted to make sure it doesn't have any silly setups like displaying incorrect movie box art or can't pull in the info correctly, or takes awhile to do. Sorry, I don't really know what Y2M, Zappiti, or YAMJ is, so I guess I need to do some research.
Thanks,

Y2M is pretty easy to use. The problem is that there is not easy way to edit the scrapped cover art. I am not sure if this has changed, but with Zappiti (one of Dune's exclusive jukeboxes) you can edit anything on the fly. I also own a PCH-A210, and I've got YAMJ / Eversion set up, which is nice. I use another program YAYMAN to edit the anything as well.

With Y2M you do not have anything like it that I know of. Most people create NFO files so Y2M can scrape the correct art, but some times even this doesn't work. I would suggest for your to read Damian's review of the Mede8ers. Here it is:

Med500X2 (2D only, doesn't play BD ISO's)
http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2012/04/09/review-mede8er-med500x2/

Med1000x3D
http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2012/07/16/med1000x3d-high-definition-3d-multimedia-player-announced/

Home Theater Set Up:

post #376 of 1432 Old 12-04-2012, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

I just used y2m and it sort of worked...

I use MyMovies for my main scraping, and had it generate nfo files for everything as well as enabling mede8er meta data.

Before running y2m, I had all the covers displaying fine the 1000, and pressing info brought up the MyMovies generated details screen (fanart, movies summary, audio video badges, etc) using MyMovies mede8er metadata support. I wanted to to see the synopsis and actor information in the video wall screen as well, so it seemed I needed to run y2m

That worked, and hanging the nfo files helped make sure the yamj scrape was very accurate (one backdrop was wrong)

But when I scan the movie folder that was scraped and added to favorites,only about 5% of the titles showed the synopsis and actor information in the video wall - the bulk of them don't show anything. Pressing info shows all the details are now from the y2m scrape (all the MyMovies generated files have been replaced, though franklly, I prefer the MyMovies details graphic).

I checked each movie folder, and everyone has the XML file of text that I presume 1000 is using, and I can't see any obvious difference between the few that show the synopsis and the bulk that don't...

Hope I'm explaining this clearly... Any thoughts on this?

Also, I take it updating is a manual process?

I may sacrifice the small benefis of the synopsis text and just Rey on mymovies output, as at least that's automatic and the 1000 picks it up without having the scan or run y2m
post #377 of 1432 Old 12-04-2012, 09:54 PM

thrang

You should not have to use My Movies and Y2M

Mede8er requires foll files in each folder besides the video files
about.jpg - moviesheet image
folder.jpg - Thumbnail image
movie.name.xml (in the case of BDMV / TS_VIDEO it will be folder.name.xml)
And that is it

It does not really matter what program generates these and the important thing is that the xml file should be mede8er compatible We had given the My Movies developers our xml specs some time ago and will test the program to see what they actually exporting. Assuming My Movies is exporting these files correctly then you should get as foll in each folder
about.jpg
folder.jpg
move.name.xml
Then all you need to do is to scan the root folder of your collection in order to build a data base. This process is very quick and +- 1000 moves should take less than 30 sec over Network. For Jukebox functionality on the Mede8er you need to enable Jukebox under Misc in Setup Menu and make Favourite link to the root of your collection. Open Favourites and select the movie collection thumbnail you just made and press the Menu button and select 'scan'. Once the scan is completed you can launch the Jukebox from the Favourite Link and you will have Jukebox functionality on the 'Menu' button

UPDATE: Had a chat to the My Movies developers and they have not included the generation of the required mede8er.xml as yet. They will do it soon I am told. So short term you can use My Movies for folder.jpg and about.jpg and just use Y2M to generate the xml

Mede8er1
post #378 of 1432 Old 12-04-2012, 10:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

thrang
You should not have to use My Movies and Y2M
Mede8er requires foll files in each folder besides the video files
about.jpg - moviesheet image
folder.jpg - Thumbnail image
movie.name.xml (in the case of BDMV / TS_VIDEO it will be folder.name.xml)
And that is it
It does not really matter what program generates these and the important thing is that the xml file should be mede8er compatible We had given the My Movies developers our xml specs some time ago and will test the program to see what they actually exporting. Assuming My Movies is exporting these files correctly then you should get as foll in each folder
about.jpg
folder.jpg
move.name.xml
Then all you need to do is to scan the root folder of your collection in order to build a data base. This process is very quick and +- 1000 moves should take less than 30 sec over Network. For Jukebox functionality on the Mede8er you need to enable Jukebox under Misc in Setup Menu and make Favourite link to the root of your collection. Open Favourites and select the movie collection thumbnail you just made and press the Menu button and select 'scan'. Once the scan is completed you can launch the Jukebox from the Favourite Link and you will have Jukebox functionality on the 'Menu' button
Mede8er1

Yes, every movie folder has a .xml file, and they seem to be formatted the same - but honestly, not sure if that was mymovies output or the y2m app. Before running y2m, scanning a folder said there was no movie data, and there was now synopsis text in the movie wall. After running y2m, that's when I was able to scan the folder without error, but only about 5% of the titles showed synopsis text in the movie wall.

If you are saying saying mymovies should be outputting an XML format that is picked up by the scan, I don't think that's happening as I get the no movie data error. I'll wipe things clean and try again.

I can send to two XML files, one that works and one that doesn't to see if you can see anything unusual if that would help.
post #379 of 1432 Old 12-04-2012, 10:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes, every movie folder has a .xml file, and they seem to be formatted the same - but honestly, not sure if that was mymovies output or the y2m app. Before running y2m, scanning a folder said there was no movie data, and there was now synopsis text in the movie wall. After running y2m, that's when I was able to scan the folder without error, but only about 5% of the titles showed synopsis text in the movie wall.
If you are saying saying mymovies should be outputting an XML format that is picked up by the scan, I don't think that's happening as I get the no movie data error. I'll wipe things clean and try again.
I can send to two XML files, one that works and one that doesn't to see if you can see anything unusual if that would help.

You've got to let Y2M do all the files rather than another jukebox. I had the same issue as well because I was using Windows Media Center + My Movies. The Med500X2 I used to own would read some of the files correctly, but other wouldn't appear at all. I had to re-do everything via Y2M. In the end 5% of all of my movies wouldn't scrape correctly even with making manual NFO's files. This is when a tool such as YAYMAN for YAMJ would be very helpful.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #380 of 1432 Old 12-05-2012, 04:37 AM

post #381 of 1432 Old 12-05-2012, 05:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Just to be be clear, when I'm done with y2m, I am still scanning and opening the actual movie folders in favorites, not the jukuebox folder. This doesn't seem entirely right, as I thought it might work like a dune player with mymovies - mymovies creates an indexed folder with the appropriate artwork and details, and path file pointing to the actual location of the playback source. You, you open this single folder in dune, and voila, you have a video wall and detailswhich links to the actual movie paths. But when I try the similar line of thinking here and add the jukebox folder and scan it, it give me an error that no movies were found.

Since it seems everything the 1000 needs is stored in the movie folder itself, what is the separate jukebox folder for? A backup repository? Or am I not using things right yet?

Thanks

And mede8er1, I had pm'd you abut beta testing the 2d/3d frame rate firmware fix in the mede8er forums - let me know if I can do this, as this is an essential fix to determine whether I can keep the unit of not. Otherwise, it shows great promise.
post #382 of 1432 Old 12-05-2012, 05:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:

Just to be be clear, when I'm done with y2m, I am still scanning and opening the actual movie folders in favorites, not the jukuebox folder. This doesn't seem entirely right, as I thought it might work like a dune player with mymovies - mymovies creates an indexed folder with the appropriate artwork and details, and path file pointing to the actual location of the playback source. You, you open this single folder in dune, and voila, you have a video wall and detailswhich links to the actual movie paths. But when I try the similar line of thinking here and add the jukebox folder and scan it, it give me an error that no movies were found.
Since it seems everything the 1000 needs is stored in the movie folder itself, what is the separate jukebox folder for? A backup repository? Or am I not using things right yet?
Thanks
And mede8er1, I had pm'd you abut beta testing the 2d/3d frame rate firmware fix in the mede8er forums - let me know if I can do this, as this is an essential fix to determine whether I can keep the unit of not. Otherwise, it should great promise.

A separate jukebox folder is not needed. This is something YAMJ does for other players (such as the PCH)

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #383 of 1432 Old 12-05-2012, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
6. Added support for 3D SBS and TB in File Name - Name file xxxxxxxx.SBS.mkv or xxxxx.TB.mkv - X3D will auto open as 3D

So just to confirm, a Blu Ray 3D movie put into an mkv (via Makemkv, mkv MVC) would be considered top bottom, correct?

Cheers,
Damian

post #384 of 1432 Old 12-05-2012, 05:30 AM

Damian

Yes. I tested it and its working well my side

Mede8er1
post #385 of 1432 Old 12-05-2012, 05:32 AM

thrang

No problem - Just been wall to wall today with getting this release out.

Mede8er1
post #386 of 1432 Old 12-05-2012, 05:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Damian
Yes. I tested it and its working well my side
Mede8er1

Thanks. I just did an MakeMKV 3D mkv rip of The Avengers (which the ISO version gave me problems over smb on the X3D). Hope to test out later today to confirm your findings with the latest beta fw

Cheers,
Damian

post #387 of 1432 Old 12-05-2012, 05:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Last night I did a last round of test with my Popcorn Hour and finally was convince... To return the product. They have too much bug with the firmware and I really doubt they will be able to fix that on a short term basis.

This morning, I place my order for a med1000x3D smile.gif

Cant wait to test that one... I will post my feedback in this thread when my unit will be received and install
post #388 of 1432 Old 12-05-2012, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Based on what I'm reading about the A-400, very smart choice smile.gif! I just took a new job in CA (I'm presently in GA), so unfortunately won't have time to test the A-400 and do a full review as I was planning, anytime soon anyway. May be a good thing as when I get to it by late Spring or so, it might actually be a viable alternative to Mede8er's 1000X3D and 600X3D.

HD Media Keen Videosaurus
post #389 of 1432 Old 12-05-2012, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

May be a good thing as when I get to it by late Spring or so, it might actually be a viable alternative to Mede8er's 1000X3D and 600X3D.

Or they'll come out with the A-500 and start the cycle all over again. smile.gif
post #390 of 1432 Old 12-05-2012, 10:25 AM

Damian

Looking forward to your test results of the makemkv MVC file. We will also do more testing and we know that NFS 32k is still the best option for 3DBDISO or even makemkv MVC but at least this is an alternative that may not be perfect on Samba but certainly a lot better than 3DBDISO on Samba.

Mede8er1
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Med1000x3d Hd 3d Multimedia Player
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page