Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 1432 Old 12-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Ein
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Will it play a Blu-ray folder rip from MakeMKV?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1432 Old 12-26-2012, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by feadin View Post

Sorry to bring up an older post, but I would like to know if turning auto frame rate off affects your other videos (non 25fps videos).
Thanks!

Not sure, I don't think I ever put my settings back and everything has been playing fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ein View Post

Will it play a Blu-ray folder rip from MakeMKV?

The X3D will play folder rips (from MakeMKV or other) fine, just not with full menu support (only BD Lite)

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #633 of 1432 Old 12-26-2012, 08:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I have a repeat problem with my Harmony and the med1000x3D, so in a wait for a solution from Logitech (or any help from mede8er future firmware). I decide to give mede8er keyboard a try...

I order the keyboard this morning from Media Concept USA.

Hope the keyboard work well, anybody have try that keyboard yet?
post #634 of 1432 Old 12-26-2012, 08:31 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by feadin View Post

Sorry to bring up an older post, but I would like to know if turning auto frame rate off affects your other videos (non 25fps videos).
Thanks!

if you have a ntsc tv ( us) television leave autoframerate off

the autoframerate on is for pal tvs (european) for 25fps a 50fps videos.

Projector Mitsubishi HC5

Projector Optoma hd300x 

Av receiver Onkyo TX-NR 818

Oppo 103D

Media player Med1000x3D

KEN KREISEL DXD-808 

Q7000 5.1

post #635 of 1432 Old 12-26-2012, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAVManiac View Post

I have a repeat problem with my Harmony and the med1000x3D, so in a wait for a solution from Logitech (or any help from mede8er future firmware). I decide to give mede8er keyboard a try...
I order the keyboard this morning from Media Concept USA.
Hope the keyboard work well, anybody have try that keyboard yet?
Yes I have this keyboard that i purchased with 600X3D last week. So far i like it as it works both as remote and keyboard. It really helps when you want to search for stuff on youtube,etc.

On other note I posted a question in 600X3D thread that's mainly aimed for people using external Video Processor like Lumagen Radiance.
I'm looking for a Video pass through option like Oppo BDP-93's "Source Direct" option to output native video resolution to Video Processor.
I believe @thrang has Lumagen and would like to know how this can be accomplished.
post #636 of 1432 Old 12-26-2012, 09:13 AM

Liked: 16
Read this if you or your or family members enjoy YouTube.

http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,9855.0.html

I have been playing with it for a few days and I must say that I am impressed.

Mede8er1
post #637 of 1432 Old 12-26-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mede8er1 View Post

Read this if you or your or family members enjoy YouTube.
I have been playing with it for a few days and I must say that I am impressed.
Mede8er1
I tried this and i like but i have a problem. When i save movies to favorites to my youtube account it gets lost.

Also do you have an answer to my question about video pass through?
post #638 of 1432 Old 12-26-2012, 10:16 AM

malikarshad

This is all new Flash based YouTUBE that will be in X3D V2 firmware so you could not have tried it - you using the current html based YouTubeXL.
Video Passthrough in native resolution is not supported by the SDK .

Mede8er1
post #639 of 1432 Old 12-26-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:

malikarshad
Video Passthrough in native resolution is not supported by the SDK .
Mede8er1
This is the feature that people have been asking for a long time in the Media Player.
Can this be included in the SDK if its a software limitation?

If its a hardware limitation then there is no choice.
post #640 of 1432 Old 12-26-2012, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by malikarshad View Post

This is the feature that people have been asking for a long time in the Media Player.
Can this be included in the SDK if its a software limitation?
If its a hardware limitation then there is no choice.

This has been asked for in numerous players, and none (that I know of) have it. Im talking media players and not Blu-Ray players with media player capabilities....I dont see Source Direct coming to any player any time soon....(do a search for Source direct and youll see what I mean)...
post #641 of 1432 Old 12-26-2012, 10:58 AM

malikarshad

I dont think its a hardware limitation but firmware limitation. We are supplied a SDK (Standard Development Kit) from Realtek and we can only implement low level functionality that is supported in the SDK. I dont ever see this functionality being added as the request for this is small vs the total market who using standard output resolutions. For this functionality I think you would have to look towards some real high solution.

Mede8er1
post #642 of 1432 Old 12-26-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:

malikarshad
I dont think its a hardware limitation but firmware limitation. We are supplied a SDK (Standard Development Kit) from Realtek and we can only implement low level functionality that is supported in the SDK. I dont ever see this functionality being added as the request for this is small vs the total market who using standard output resolutions. For this functionality I think you would have to look towards some real high solution.
Mede8er1
For this reason I use Oppo to stream SD content as it offers "source direct" but its very inconvenient to switch back and forth. I was looking for one stop streaming solution . X3D does the best in its price range and no complains there and not a fault of Mede8er.smile.gif

I don't think its a small request as people have asking for this feature for many years. Search through media player forums and you'll find it.

BTW thanks for the explanations.
post #643 of 1432 Old 12-26-2012, 02:10 PM

Hello to all,

I need the contribution of MED1000X3D owners please.
I guess here on AVS I will have access to a wider audience then on the Mede8er forum.
Did any of you experience very loud noises, like a digital screech, potentially harmful to processors, amplifiers and of course speakers, when using the MED1000X3D in 3D mode with high audio codecs?
I bought mine exclusively for 3D as I use another brand for 2D and had these problems from the very beginning.
Today I use the MED1000X3D only every now and then when a new FW comes out, for testing, and with my hand readily on the processor's power button.
Well, the test never fails. After a few minutes playing a 3D movie the problem occurs.
I just dread the use if it and I am scared to fry my tweeters or worse.

My processor is an Anthem Statement D2v 3D (upgraded).
The guys on the Mede8er forum pretend that it must be my processor.
I don't believe it but since I cannot prove anything I will give them the benefit of the doubt.
But if I could have your input that would help.

Thanks
post #644 of 1432 Old 12-26-2012, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrips View Post

Hello to all,
I guess here on AVS I will have access to a wider audience then on the Mede8er forum.
Did any of you experience very loud noises, like a digital screech, potentially harmful to processors, amplifiers and of course speakers, when using the MED1000X3D in 3D mode with high audio codecs?
I bought mine exclusively for 3D as I use another brand for 2D and had these problems from the very beginning.
Today I use the MED1000X3D only every now and then when a new FW comes out, for testing, and with my hand readily on the processor's power button.
Well, the test never fails. After a few minutes playing a 3D movie the problem occurs.
I don't believe it but since I cannot prove anything I will give them the benefit of the doubt.
Thanks

No issues here. Did you try swapping out the hdmi cable? Did you try connecting directly to your tv (maybe not if the issue only occurs with hd audio passthru)?

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #645 of 1432 Old 12-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:

Hello to all,

Thanks

Not a issue for me with my med1000x3D
post #646 of 1432 Old 12-26-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAVManiac View Post

Not a issue for me with my med1000x3D

Thank you.
I guess the large majority of you guys did not have any issue at all.
I am actually looking for the one (s) that did in order to compare similarities.
And for those proposing solutions with cables and such, know that I have tried everything, except swap another processor. I just don't have any other.
post #647 of 1432 Old 12-26-2012, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 130
@xtrips - no issue as you are describing
post #648 of 1432 Old 12-26-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:

Thank you.
I guess the large majority of you guys did not have any issue at all.
I am actually looking for the one (s) that did in order to compare similarities.
And for those proposing solutions with cables and such, know that I have tried everything, except swap another processor. I just don't have any other.

I had issues with 3d with DTS-HD, when streaming an iso over network. The sound would suddenly start breaking up with screeching noises, though not louder than normal. A pause and play would fix it but it would re-occur after few seconds. My issue was primarily due to NFS 32k related, and once I switched to 32k most of these have gone away. However with Ice Age 4 3D I saw the issue again a couple of days back.

One solution I had was to switch HDMI Audio setting to decode to multi-channel PCM, that fixed the audio garble even without the 32k fix.
post #649 of 1432 Old 12-26-2012, 10:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
So I just received the med1000x3d player for Christmas after returning the Micca EP950 player for several issues. One of the issues I had with the Micca was that the video output was not centered. It was obvious by using the AVS "sharpness and overscan" image that the image was being cropped off the right and bottom. At first I was met with criticism when I posted the issue on the AVS Micca thread, but then it was confirmed by other users after checking. I was told in here that this player does not suffer from this issue. Sadly, I have to disagree.

The reason this is important to me is I have lots of side-by-side 3D files, and for it to work correctly, the image needs to be perfectly centered. Any deviation from the center will cause a "mirror effect" sort of bar on the opposite side of the screen. A quite noticeable bar is seen on the left of the screen when playing the sbs files as 2D and letting my tv switch into 3D mode when it detects the sbs image. I do that because this way I don't get the 3D 23.976 framerate issue that I would get if I let the player send it over as frame-packed. This bar on the left is very distracting as it seems to contain some video information from the right side of the screen, causing what appears to be a mirror of what's on the right to appear in the bar on the left.

I adjusted the setting for centering the image in the video setting of the med1000x3d - in fact I adjusted it many, many times in different increments. The red bar is visible on all sides, yet the overscan AVS video clearly still shows cropping, and no matter what I do for adjustments, the image will not center properly - it's always off one way or the other - if I do it too much, then the bars in the sbs videos widen and appear on both sides. So there seems to be no way for me to center the image correctly.

I have tested the overscan test video and the same exact sbs 3D files on my Panasonic blu-ray player, my Samsung LCD 3D tv, and my WDTV Live player - and all 3 devices play the overscan file perfectly centered with no adjustments needed - and the same exact sbs 3D files play perfectly in all 3 devices using their own built-in media players - no bar is visible at all - it's perfectly centered. I had this exact same issue with the Micca so it seems these 1186 players have an off-center issue that is not being addressed.

Can this please, please be investigated further? As it is, sbs 3D playback is broken for me and I just got the player a day ago.

I'll post some other thoughts later since I'm trying a variety of different files to see how it handles different framerates. So far it seems to be playing tons of files - including 25fps files on my 60Hz set with no issues at all. But this off-center image is killing me here, and it makes me sad to see that my 3 other devices can output a perfectly centered video image but this player cannot.
post #650 of 1432 Old 12-26-2012, 10:36 PM

Sorry, I bought this one on 21th december but you haven't sent me yet,And I have written for this but anybody answer me. Of course I bought it in the oficial web.thanks.
post #651 of 1432 Old 12-26-2012, 10:38 PM

[quote name="mede8er1" url="/t/1420605/med1000x3d-high-definition-

Mede8er1[/quote]

Sorry, I bought this one on 21th december but you haven't sent me yet,And I have written for this but anybody answer me. Of course I bought it in the oficial web.thanks.
post #652 of 1432 Old 12-26-2012, 10:51 PM

moyametal

Sounds like you purchased from Mede8ershop.eu ?? This online shop is run by our distributor in Europe and I can pass on your information if you send me the full details to technical@mede8er.com

Mede8er1
post #653 of 1432 Old 12-26-2012, 11:32 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
What is the differences between the 600 and 1000? Is there a processing power difference, performance at all? I will NOT be adding a hard drive or USB anything. I play via %100 through my network.
post #654 of 1432 Old 12-26-2012, 11:52 PM

eagle_2

I have asked our engineers to check if they can add a XY Pixel Offset to V2 code. I invite you to join our X3D V2 Beta test group and then we can can get your feedback to see if this adjustment solves your problems.

Mede8er1
post #655 of 1432 Old 12-26-2012, 11:56 PM

Ok
Quote:

moyametal
Sounds like you purchased from Mede8ershop.eu ?? This online shop is run by our distributor in Europe and I can pass on your information if you send me the full details to technical@mede8er.com
Mede8er1

Yes,Ok thanks, I 've just sent, thanks
post #656 of 1432 Old 12-27-2012, 12:22 AM

moyametal

We received your mail and have passed this information onto Mede8er EU.

Mede8er1
post #657 of 1432 Old 12-27-2012, 12:38 AM

T
Quote:

moyametal
We received your mail and have passed this information onto Mede8er EU.
Mede8er1[/quote

Thanks si much, do you need any more? I hope to know something today, if not, I don't know if I can cancel My ordered through paypal...
post #658 of 1432 Old 12-27-2012, 02:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:

eagle_2
I have asked our engineers to check if they can add a XY Pixel Offset to V2 code. I invite you to join our X3D V2 Beta test group and then we can can get your feedback to see if this adjustment solves your problems.
Mede8er1

Thank you - may I ask how I can join the V2 Beta test group? I would be happy to give it a try and see if it solves the issue. Right now I think I really like this player but this off-center issue is a real problem for me - it's one of the reasons (of many) that I got rid of the Micca, and I was really hoping this wouldn't suffer from that off-center issue.
post #659 of 1432 Old 12-27-2012, 03:00 AM

eagle_2

To join the X3D V2 Beta Group just join the www.Mede8erforum.com and send a mail to technical@mede8er.com with your Forum User Name and a list of your equipment.

Mede8er1
post #660 of 1432 Old 12-27-2012, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post

if you have a ntsc tv ( us) television leave autoframerate off
the autoframerate on is for pal tvs (european) for 25fps a 50fps videos.

Thanks canton160 and dbone1026, my 25fps videos now play fine with auto frame rate at off. Although now I watched a 23.976fps video and for the first time noticed what seemed like the reported frame skip. By the way, I also disabled 1080p 24Hz, since I'm not sure I like the look and feel of 24p, will have to do further tests...
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Med1000x3d Hd 3d Multimedia Player
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page