*Official* Mede8er X3D (1000 | 800 | 600) Streamer Thread - Page 31 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #901 of 1432 Old 06-02-2013, 10:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I emailed Media Concept today about scrolling a page at a time in a list of files on the installed hard drive and received a response today! That is awesome customer service! The recommendation works. I can now scroll a page at a time instead of using the Down Arrow to scroll one file at a time. This one small thing will make using the MED1000X3D even more enjoyable. I wholeheartedly recommend Media Concepts.

Same day response from Media Concepts to an email sent today:

Hello,
Have you use the "Next/Previos" button?
Please see page 11 in the attched user manual or down loaded from here:

http://www.mede8er.org/Firmware_Final/MED1000X3D/Mede8er_med1000x3D_user_30May2013.pdf

Regards,
MediaConcept
www.mediaconceptusa.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 1432 Old 06-04-2013, 04:48 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I finally heard back from them both in my inbox and the MED1000X3D forum. I placed my order Sunday night and I am now waiting on an email confirming shipment which should come sometime today I would think.
post #903 of 1432 Old 06-04-2013, 12:09 PM

Liked: 18
Sweet, the thread is finally *Official* for MEDE8ER!

post #904 of 1432 Old 06-04-2013, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by L33TX43RT View Post

Sweet, the thread is finally *Official* for MEDE8ER...

I was thinking more like ...

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #905 of 1432 Old 06-04-2013, 01:54 PM

Liked: 10
still not sure if i should replace my pch a300 with a dune or mede8er i have 2 issues with the popcorn hour one being mkv micro stuttering ive seen conflicting reports on whether this happens on the dune too dont know about mede8er and my other problem is related to auto frame rate that i lose signal after a certain amount played and have to restart the player to get it working again

I have some questions about the mede8er

ive always used popcorn hours so here is some questions

right now my setup is as follows

i have one flash drive plugged into the front of my popcorn hour and a usb hub plugged into the back with 7 2tb drives and 1 3tb would this work on the dune base 3d?

is there a basic file browser because i most likely would use that

Can i copy from drive to drive through ui?

I have all drives attached to my popcorn hour showing on my windows pc can I accomplish this with the dune?

can i mark things as watched in basic file browser?

does internal drive need to be formatted? is there apps that need to be installed?

What are current known bugs?

Coming from popcorn hour is there auto framerate and any issues with it?

is there a headphone jack?

Is there a usb slave?

i think thats all my questions for now if i can get answers to these it would be greatly appreciated
post #906 of 1432 Old 06-04-2013, 02:32 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamloco724 View Post

still not sure if i should replace my pch a300 with a dune or mede8er i have 2 issues with the popcorn hour one being mkv micro stuttering ive seen conflicting reports on whether this happens on the dune too dont know about mede8er and my other problem is related to auto frame rate that i lose signal after a certain amount played and have to restart the player to get it working again

I have some questions about the mede8er

ive always used popcorn hours so here is some questions

right now my setup is as follows

i have one flash drive plugged into the front of my popcorn hour and a usb hub plugged into the back with 7 2tb drives and 1 3tb would this work on the dune base 3d?

A: 8 Hard Drives? you better get a NAs or Large Das.

is there a basic file browser because i most likely would use that

A: yes mede8er

Can i copy from drive to drive through ui?

I have all drives attached to my popcorn hour showing on my windows pc can I accomplish this with the dune?

can i mark things as watched in basic file browser?

does internal drive need to be formatted? is there apps that need to be installed?

A: yes And no. Mede8er

What are current known bugs?

A: mostly users fault

Coming from popcorn hour is there auto framerate and any issues with it?

A: no, med8er
is there a headphone jack?

A: no mede8er

Is there a usb slave?

A: yes , 800x3d And 1000x3d

i think thats all my questions for now if i can get answers to these it would be greatly appreciated

Projector Mitsubishi HC5

Projector Optoma hd300x 

Av receiver Onkyo TX-NR 818

Oppo 103D

Media player Med1000x3D

KEN KREISEL DXD-808 

Q7000 5.1

post #907 of 1432 Old 06-05-2013, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
Quote:

This should work on the Mede8er. I am trusting that it will, as this is the direction I am heading also.

BTW - How do have all those drives arranged? Are they just stacked on each other?

David
post #908 of 1432 Old 06-05-2013, 02:30 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts in this forum. I am currently looking to upgrade my media player and wanted to get some advice for owners of the MED1000X3D or Popcorn Hour A-400.

I currently have the following equipment:
Epson 5010 projector
Roku 3 - wired network connection
Apple TV2 (jailbroken) - wired network connection
Apple TV3 - wired network connection
Denon 1613 AVR
HP EX495 WHS
Plex Server running on Windows 7 computer

With the Roku I am only able to play MP4 or MKV Blu- Ray Rips but encounter buffering delays with files over 5gb in size with a network wired connection. For 3D the rips I have used are HSBS.

I would like to know your thoughts on Blu Ray 3D ISO vs MKV rips and the pluses or minus' of each.

If I go the ISO route with the BD Lite Menus which device would suit my needs better the MED1000X3D or the A-400. I know they both have had issues that were resolved in part with firmware updates.

Thank you and I look forward to your response(s)
post #909 of 1432 Old 06-06-2013, 04:18 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I received my 1000X3D yesterday. I was wondering if any owners had plastic film covering the on/off button / IR receiver on the front of the unit? I thought it strange that no plastic film was on there.

Thanks.

Mark
post #910 of 1432 Old 06-06-2013, 05:36 AM

Mine was waiting on me when I got home yesterday. I'm looking forward to setting it up over the weekend.

Media Concept does furnish their contact details with each order but I really think it would benefit them immensely if they listed this information on their website. I know I'm not the only one who has had a case of the pre-order jitters when they didn't see any contact information. Simply listing their details would dissipate any such feelings of trepidation and I'll wager it has cost them a sale or two.

Thanks everyone for your help!
post #911 of 1432 Old 06-06-2013, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchantord View Post

Mine was waiting on me when I got home yesterday. I'm looking forward to setting it up over the weekend.

Media Concept does furnish their contact details with each order but I really think it would benefit them immensely if they listed this information on their website. I know I'm not the only one who has had a case of the pre-order jitters when they didn't see any contact information. Simply listing their details would dissipate any such feelings of trepidation and I'll wager it has cost them a sale or two.

Thanks everyone for your help!

MediaConcept is simply a USA distributor (not the manufacturer) of the mede8er brand, along with other media players with their own purchasing policies, separate from the MEDE8ER manufacturer. E-distributors rarely have phone support, much less a physical address openly revealed, unless a RMA was requested. Purchasing from them would be no different that purchasing from any other reputable online retailer, through Paypal. Mede8er's Head Office is based in South Africa, and partnered in Netherlands, where the warranties beyond the 14-day return / refund period applies, locally.
post #912 of 1432 Old 06-06-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post

I received my 1000X3D yesterday. I was wondering if any owners had plastic film covering the on/off button / IR receiver on the front of the unit? I thought it strange that no plastic film was on there.

Thanks.

Mark

On mine there is a plastic film covering the whole front of the unit. I received it one week ago.
post #913 of 1432 Old 06-06-2013, 10:53 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwinroad View Post

On mine there is a plastic film covering the whole front of the unit. I received it one week ago.

Thanks. Did you also get the letter stating they updated the firmware to the latest? Now that I know it is supposed to have plastic on there, the letter indicating they updated the firmware seems like a rouge to hide the fact that I was sold a returned or refurb unit.

Mark
post #914 of 1432 Old 06-06-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:

Thanks. Did you also get the letter stating they updated the firmware to the latest? Now that I know it is supposed to have plastic on there, the letter indicating they updated the firmware seems like a rouge to hide the fact that I was sold a returned or refurb unit.

Mark

MediaConcept may distribute their units with the latest firmware pre-installed from the manufacturer, as on the MEDE8ER (EU) Shop site, offers optional free installation of the latest firmware to an ordered unit, which may require the manufacturer to remove the plastic covering to install before distribution. Nevertheless, MediaConcept sells their units "AS-IS" according to their Policy & Agreement.
post #915 of 1432 Old 06-06-2013, 11:16 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Quote:

MediaConcept may distribute their units with the latest firmware pre-installed from the manufacturer, as on the MEDE8ER (EU) Shop site, offers optional free installation of the latest firmware to an ordered unit, which may require the manufacturer to remove the plastic covering to install before distribution. Nevertheless, MediaConcept sells their units "AS-IS" according to their Policy & Agreement.

Good to know, thanks. I still think I should contact them and ask why there was no plastic film on the front. I inspected it with a flashlight to determine where the IR receiver was located, and noticed some fine scratches, which do not happen after a few minutes out of the box for a firmware update.

Mark
post #916 of 1432 Old 06-06-2013, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 592
Quote:

Good to know, thanks. I still think I should contact them and ask why there was no plastic film on the front. I inspected it with a flashlight to determine where the IR receiver was located, and noticed some fine scratches, which do not happen after a few minutes out of the box for a firmware update.

Mark

You got an use or refurbished unite biggrin.gif Who cares, I would be more worried about if it worked or not.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8599

Home Theater Set Up:

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8597

post #917 of 1432 Old 06-06-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:

Good to know, thanks. I think I should contact them and ask why there was no plastic film on the front.

Mark

You're welcome. Feel free to contact them, if necessary. I would very likely make an inquiry of the packaging as well, but only if I'd suspect any defects of the unit, which there is a 14-day return policy of the unit through MediaConcept. Best of luck with your unit.
post #918 of 1432 Old 06-06-2013, 12:45 PM

Liked: 22
Quote:

I inspected it with a flashlight to determine where the IR receiver was located,
Mark

Where IS it actually located? I have never been able to see it, hence have to have my IR extender a few inches in front of my x3d600 unit...

Combo living-room/home theater in old wooden house in Sweden. Pics: http://www.minhembio.com/jobeve Proj.: JVC DLA-X35 - Screen Elite PowerMax Tension 106" - TV: 65" Samsung UE65ES8005 - 7.1 Speakers: B&W 685 S2, HTM61 S2, Cambridge Audio Minx Min11, Sub: SVS SB-2000 - AVR: Denon AVR-X4000 - Player: Mede8er MED600X3D - NAS: Synology DS209 - Gaming: PS4
post #919 of 1432 Old 06-06-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:

Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

You got an use or refurbished unite biggrin.gif Who cares, I would be more worried about if it worked or not.

This man speaks the truth. biggrin.gif

I wouldn't worry too much over it. MediaConcepts has a 99.7% feedback rating on eBay, from 2193 transactions. The other .3% not in their favor was due to a user error.
Quote:
The device is working but unable to connect to the internet Buyer: aysar1983 ( 8 ) Jan-01-13 16:00

Reply by mediaconceptusa (Jan-06-13 20:35):
You have got to be kidding. You need to set it on according to your LAN & router
USB WiFi Adapter 802.11n/g for ZaapTV, ZAAP TV,MAAXTV, JADOO2TV or PLANET ITV (#190739927480)
post #920 of 1432 Old 06-06-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:

Mark

Yes the letter was included and I upgraded to the latest.

The only problem I have found is that you can have only 4095 songs in a folder.
Silly me I knew that it was a limitation with the Pivos Aios but I figured Realtek
would have caught this with their new generation.

No such limitation with my Dunes and Pivos Xios
post #921 of 1432 Old 06-06-2013, 05:57 PM
QuadMersed in bass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStockholm View Post

Where IS it actually located? I have never been able to see it, hence have to have my IR extender a few inches in front of my x3d600 unit...

It is very close to the bottom of the smoked plastic "button". I first put the flasher near the top, and it did not work. With the flashlight, I could barely make out the IR receiver near the bottom. I moved the flasher, and it worked great.

Mark
post #922 of 1432 Old 06-06-2013, 07:07 PM
QuadMersed in bass!

Cannot access my NFS "media" share on my ReadyNAS; the Mede8er locks up (spinning symbol) every time, and I have to pull the power. I tried creating another sub-folder, but I cannot get that to work; it states "failed" and the unit does not lock up.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Mark
post #923 of 1432 Old 06-06-2013, 08:40 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by crussader View Post

This should work on the Mede8er. I am trusting that it will, as this is the direction I am heading also.

BTW - How do have all those drives arranged? Are they just stacked on each other?

i have them all either standing next to each other on the side of my tv on the furniture all about a half an inch apart i wouldnt put them on top of one another due to heat

can anyone confirm that usb hub with all my drives would work and also i name my drives within windows will those names show up for the drive in the file browser like it does on my a-300
post #924 of 1432 Old 06-06-2013, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamloco724 View Post

can anyone confirm that usb hub with all my drives would work and also i name my drives within windows will those names show up for the drive in the file browser like it does on my a-300

I can confirm that the drive names will show up. In fact, the new version of the firmware requires that all drives be named uniquely.

As far as the usb, I know that there are people out there doing it, but would like to see confirmation here as well. I am at the point of implementing a hub and would like to get recommendations on the best hubs to use.

David
post #925 of 1432 Old 06-06-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

I would imagine that he is upset because he paid for and expected a new unit whether it works or not. However, if Media Concept has to install anything, do a firmware upgrade, etc., that bit of plastic will be gone. They installed PCIe wireless for me and upgraded the firmware so the protective "skin" had been removed. They did wrap it in an outer poly bag for shipment though and the thin layer of clingfoam was still attached to the unit. Perhaps you didn't get a refurbished unit after all but by all means ask them if you are unsettled in your mind.

Quote:

MediaConcept is simply a USA distributor (not the manufacturer) of the mede8er brand, along with other media players with their own purchasing policies, separate from the MEDE8ER manufacturer. E-distributors rarely have phone support, much less a physical address openly revealed, unless a RMA was requested. Purchasing from them would be no different that purchasing from any other reputable online retailer, through Paypal. Mede8er's Head Office is based in South Africa, and partnered in Netherlands, where the warranties beyond the 14-day return / refund period applies, locally.

That may be but I still see no reason why that would prevent them listing a phone number and physical address or what it would hurt to do so. It's just seems to be good business sense.
post #926 of 1432 Old 06-09-2013, 05:19 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Quote:

Thanks.

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwinroad View Post

Quote:

Quote:

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchantord View Post

I would imagine that he is upset because he paid for and expected a new unit whether it works or not. However, if Media Concept has to install anything, do a firmware upgrade, etc., that bit of plastic will be gone. They installed PCIe wireless for me and upgraded the firmware so the protective "skin" had been removed. They did wrap it in an outer poly bag for shipment though and the thin layer of clingfoam was still attached to the unit. Perhaps you didn't get a refurbished unit after all but by all means ask them if you are unsettled in your mind.
That may be but I still see no reason why that would prevent them listing a phone number and physical address or what it would hurt to do so. It's just seems to be good business sense.

To provide some closure to this discussion, I thought I would post the response I received from MediaConcept where they explain the situation:
Quote:
You may return it for exchange or refund.

1- We do not sell return or refurbish unit as new unit.
2- Your unit is "Bran New" "never used" "not refurbished or return"
3- The latest shipment which we received last month, all do not have a "plastic films on the bottons".
4- We always open every box to inspect the condition and parts and upgrade the firmware.
5- The unit you bought is not "as-is"

If you prefer to get a sealed box, we have no problem.

They did give me the RMA number and the return address.

Mark
post #927 of 1432 Old 06-09-2013, 05:27 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Quote:

Cannot access my NFS "media" share on my ReadyNAS; the Mede8er locks up (spinning symbol) every time, and I have to pull the power. I tried creating another sub-folder, but I cannot get that to work; it states "failed" and the unit does not lock up.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Mark

Edit: SOLVED

I opened a thread on this issue in the Mede8er forum, and resolved the problem. It turned out that I had to disable Jumbo Frames in my Netgear ReadyNAS Ultra 4 Plus, and set the MTU size setting to 1500 (The default setting).

Then I was able to access the NFS "media" share that was automatically mounted by the Mede8er. Once I was in the "media" share, I was able to access the subfolders in that share and add them as "Favourites". I was able to access the folder with a space in the name, but this did not work when trying to add the subfolder mount I created, as described below.

I was also able to access the NFS subfolder mounts I had created, as long as the folder did not have a space in it. The correct folder path settings were:

/c/media/Movies (This one worked)

and

/c/media/Disc Archives (This one did not work, as there is a space in the folder name)

The only current issue I have is that locks up when exiting from UpNp folders; a strange issue, but probably a setting in the 1000X3D or the setup of my ReadyNAS.

Here is the thread link: http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,11514.0.html

Mark

post #928 of 1432 Old 06-17-2013, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I've had my A400 for several months now and thinking about getting rid of it since the last time I tried 3D it still wasn't working right.

I've tried to keep up with the 1000 to see if every 3D ISO plays fine on it (Disney titles, etc).

Is 'everyone' having no issues w/3D titles?

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

post #929 of 1432 Old 06-17-2013, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryker View Post

I've had my A400 for several months now and thinking about getting rid of it since the last time I tried 3D it still wasn't working right.

I've tried to keep up with the 1000 to see if every 3D ISO plays fine on it (Disney titles, etc).

Is 'everyone' having no issues w/3D titles?

branched titles are still a no go. You will have to move them to mkv/mvc to play them.
post #930 of 1432 Old 06-17-2013, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I've watched 'Monsters, Inc.' and 'Toy Story 3' 3D ISO's without issues. But, I've been contemplating MVC MKV's for titles like 'Avatar' for the forced subs issue.

HD Media Keen Videosaurus
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Med1000x3d Hd 3d Multimedia Player
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page