post #991 of 1432 Old 08-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepP View Post

How about handling seamless branching without a slight pause (or is that gapless playback?)

i use makeMKV in does seamless branched titles .

Projector Mitsubishi HC5

Projector Optoma hd300x 

Av receiver Onkyo TX-NR 818

Oppo 103D

Media player Med1000x3D

KEN KREISEL DXD-808 

Q7000 5.1

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 1432 Old 08-19-2013, 03:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepP View Post

How about handling seamless branching without a slight pause (or is that gapless playback?)

Yes, it is, now it is plaguing not only a great number of audio recordings, but some video also...
post #993 of 1432 Old 08-19-2013, 06:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Seamless branching hiccup issue appears to be tied to lack of full menus on the latest crop of media players. And, you really only notice it on Disney movies. For 2D, easy fix is just rip to MKV. For 3D, if you rip to MVC MKV via MakeMKV, issue also solved. But, only Mede8er plays back MVC MKV's right now I believe. Not PCH or Dune, where you need ISO for 3D.

Gapless audio playback is a separate issue.

HD Media Keen Videosaurus
post #994 of 1432 Old 08-19-2013, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

Seamless branching hiccup issue appears to be tied to lack of full menus on the latest crop of media players. And, you really only notice it on Disney movies. For 2D, easy fix is just rip to MKV. For 3D, if you rip to MVC MKV via MakeMKV, issue also solved. But, only Mede8er plays back MVC MKV's right now I believe. Not PCH or Dune, where you need ISO for 3D.

Only solution for now but not a good one. Does not look like anyone will be supporting the makemkv mvc standard. I was hoping vlc or xbmc would pick it up making it a pseudo standard but does not look like that will happen. PCH already commented they will not add support until its a standard by matroska and for some reason matroska has turned down the makemkv way as the standard.
post #995 of 1432 Old 08-20-2013, 03:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Does the 600 play 3D iso fine to a usb dock with a hdd in it.
Really just want to know if 3D content can play fine via usb
thanks

I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken
post #996 of 1432 Old 08-20-2013, 03:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Seamless branching hiccup issue appears to be tied to lack of full menus on the latest crop of media players.
It is not. It is tied only to the lack of brain of some people who implemented that parts of the firmware.
Quote:

And, you really only notice it on Disney movies.
Do you think so? Noone else use branching?
Quote:

For 2D, easy fix is just rip to MKV. For 3D, if you rip to MVC MKV via MakeMKV, issue also solved.
At least there is some workaround... I agree that mkv's are more usable in a media library (as long as we lack full menus anyway). But currently it is only a workaround allowing you to watch one branch seamlessy, you loose all other branches on a disk. There is branching support in mkv, but AFAIK it is not supported by Mede8er. Correct me if I am wrong here.
Quote:

But, only Mede8er plays back MVC MKV's right now I believe.
It is not a problem with Mede8er smile.gif I don't care about other devices as long as it is able to play any piece of art in my media library seamlessly. It can't.
Quote:

Not PCH or Dune, where you need ISO for 3D.
They are working on it, I believe...
Quote:

It is the same issue - the problem with a seamless transition between files if the piece of art is encoded with several files. It is the only way how chapters can be encoded so they are indexed correctly by the media servers, at least in audio. It is a 'feature' that no one 30 years ago even thought can be broken - have you seen a single CD player that was lacking it? Nobody even told there is such feature, but everything was just working as it should. Actually it is common to call it a feature today, but really, it can be called a feature only as a part of a task to implement it internally, but in the end user product it is a bug, the very serious one, because there is the only one way to correctly play files supposed to be played gaplessly. And only the brain damage of some people and ad-hock way of developing software without even thinking about the requirements and how the users will use the device are the reasons it is not supported by many devices today (pure audio players are also plagued, so the excuse that some player is a video player is poor man excuse, and Mede8er is not Video player, it is Media player). And... really, it is not an issue for qualified programmer to implement gapless correctly. At appropriate layer it is no more than a day of work... until it is not already broken by all the infrastructure created around the broken design from the start. It was no problem for full menus because blu-ray spec explicitly required this and you can't pass certification without implementing it. No one certifies something for open-source formats, so no one bothers to implement it correctly. It only shows how they care about us, customers... frown.gif
post #997 of 1432 Old 08-20-2013, 05:12 AM
AVS Special Member

You seem to have the answers wink.gif, so I'll drop the debate by only saying the seamless ISO (or full BD folder rip) playback issue is likely not firmware laziness by manufacturers. There is fierce competition by the top 3 (Mede8er, PCH and Dune) for small profit margins and a niche customer base (us), so if they could've resolved this by now, they would've. I see the issue as more originating from studios and them making it more difficult on chip manufacturers (Sigma, Realtek) to allow full Blu-ray functionality in media streamers akin to standard Blu-ray players. They don't want us with media players and NAS'es with 1:1 BD rips, they want us to buy Blu-ray players and discs and be happy smile.gif.

post #998 of 1432 Old 08-20-2013, 11:49 AM

Liked: 13
Talking about a core feature.
I'd sure like to see FTP/SFTP !
Samba is tolerable, but FTP is much much better for moving large files.
I don't understand why it can't be added AND the security issues resolved.
post #999 of 1432 Old 08-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Advanced Member

The seameless branched titles is a comum problem from PCH, DUNE and MEDE8ER due the lack of full menus.

On all the branched m2ts the scene does not continue but changes.
So it seems when authoring they cut to new scene at the branch, but audio continues.

In mede8er players the seamless branched titles the video buffering is ok, but the issue is audio, don't no whats the in PCissues/cause in PCH and DUNE

The engenneirs that do the BD authoring, sometimes cut scenes in middle of some dialog, when the player if buffering video and audio the streaming must be spot on, whereas the MEDE8ER players perform very well without issues.

.Solution is: Makemkv for seamless branched titles (disney)

Projector Mitsubishi HC5

Projector Optoma hd300x 

Oppo 103D

Media player Med1000x3D

KEN KREISEL DXD-808 

Q7000 5.1

post #1000 of 1432 Old 08-20-2013, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post

The seameless branched titles is a comum problem from PCH, DUNE and MEDE8ER due the lack of full menus.

On all the branched m2ts the scene does not continue but changes.
So it seems when authoring they cut to new scene at the branch, but audio continues.

In mede8er players the seamless branched titles the video buffering is ok, but the issue is audio, don't no whats the in PCissues/cause in PCH and DUNE

The engenneirs that do the BD authoring, sometimes cut scenes in middle of some dialog, when the player if buffering video and audio the streaming must be spot on, whereas the MEDE8ER players perform very well without issues.

.Solution is: Makemkv for seamless branched titles (disney)

For the PCH the video stays fine 98% of the time and there is a slight second or less audio glitch when the branch takes place.

While makemkv is a solution its not the best solution with nothing else supporting it. So if you go makemkv you are stuck with mede8er as a hardware player and stereoscopic player as a pc player does not leave much room for anything else. Granted a lot of folks might just run one mede8er player for now and works well, But for us with multiple players and htpc's its not a solution. More so no one can say for sure if next mede8er player will support if they have a next player. So as of now I consider mvc/mkv from makemkv a dead format. ffmpeg had it as one of there summer 2013 code projects but I dont think anyone picked it up.
post #1001 of 1432 Old 08-20-2013, 02:38 PM
Advanced Member

Since the 2.0 firmware come out to mede8er players, i start to do what i enjoy most :
Enjoy a movie without worring with anything else.

Even trying the beta beta versions with jukebox, subtitles etc the firmware are rock solid for everyday use.
My latest purchase last week was sammy 2 and jack the giant slayer, both in 3D.

Ripped them with 3D MVC makeMKV, copy to the server, turn the MED1000x3D, scan jukebox, and start play.... and enjoy the show without any issues.
Im gone start to rip all of 135 episodes season( 1-6 ) of "big bang theory" in BD, i dont expect any problem.

Its only what ive asked from a media player, be there and forget.

Projector Mitsubishi HC5

Projector Optoma hd300x 

Oppo 103D

Media player Med1000x3D

KEN KREISEL DXD-808 

Q7000 5.1

post #1002 of 1432 Old 08-20-2013, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Since the 2.0 firmware come out to mede8er players, i start to do what i enjoy most :
Enjoy a movie without worring with anything else.

Even trying the beta beta versions with jukebox, subtitles etc the firmware are rock solid for everyday use.
My latest purchase last week was sammy 2 and jack the giant slayer, both in 3D.

Ripped them with 3D MVC makeMKV, copy to the server, turn the MED1000x3D, scan jukebox, and start play.... and enjoy the show without any issues.
Im gone start to rip all of 135 episodes season( 1-6 ) of "big bang theory" in BD, i dont expect any problem.

Its only what ive asked from a media player, be there and forget.

I 100% agree. My only worry is if/when my mede8er dies or something else comes along that peaks my interest and I will have to rerip everything or always keep iso/mkv for 3d movies. for the time being. Like I said if ffmpeg would adopt mkv/mvc from mkv I would feel a lot better about it as it would be more of the norm then, the format is still a step child in terms of usage. I rip all 2d stuff to mkv and leave it like that as everything plays 2d mkv, its the 3d stuff that is still edgy for me. And im a sucker for new gadgets so im always switching players. My mede8er is full time bedroom unit in the master bedroom. The A400 is my ht unit mostly, With the exception when I get a new toy I use it in the ht room as well.
post #1003 of 1432 Old 08-20-2013, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
My only worry is if/when my mede8er dies or something else comes along that peaks my interest and I will have to rerip everything or always keep iso/mkv for 3d movies.
Totally agree. And, I hate to keep ISO and MKV versions of the same movies as it's waste of space. For 2D, MKV is perfect. For 3D, at present, tradeoffs.

post #1004 of 1432 Old 08-21-2013, 01:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by denass View Post

Does the 600 play 3D iso fine to a usb dock with a hdd in it.
Really just want to know if 3D content can play fine via usb
thanks

just bumping to see if anyone knows
thanks

I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken
post #1005 of 1432 Old 08-21-2013, 01:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by denass View Post

just bumping to see if anyone knows
thanks

yes 3D is fine in external hard drive.

Depends of USB dock you have, it might recognize 3 powered hard drives in one USB, and it also depends of the hard drive format.
Never tested but i read somewhere about it, can remember where.

Projector Mitsubishi HC5

Projector Optoma hd300x 

Oppo 103D

Media player Med1000x3D

KEN KREISEL DXD-808 

Q7000 5.1

post #1006 of 1432 Old 08-21-2013, 04:59 PM
AVS Special Member

I've tried with a 2-dock Thermalake dock and it picked up both HDD's just fine.

post #1007 of 1432 Old 08-21-2013, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Anytime usb drive does not show up right on a media player it usually do to the usb drive having a fake cdrom partition that installs software when you connect it to a pc.
post #1008 of 1432 Old 08-23-2013, 06:57 AM

Liked: 16

ChangeLog V3.0.0 - 23 Aug2013
1. new - Movie Scraper App
2. new - TV Series Scraper App
3, new - Built in Subtitle Downloader
4. new - IP Stream App
5. new - WOL (Wake on LAN)
6. new - HTML5 Browser
7. Fixed - Arabic srt Subtitles
8. Fixed - MP3 UFT8 embedded text
9. Fixed . Fixed IP of Wireless not working
9. Dev - Nav Up / Down moves srt subtiles up/down
10. Dev - Added support for external subtitle language naming
11. Dev: added grey color for subtitle
11. General bug fixes

Read more http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,12035.msg78744.html#msg78744

Mede8er1
GusGus748s likes this.
post #1009 of 1432 Old 08-23-2013, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by mede8er1 View Post

ChangeLog V3.0.0 - 23 Aug2013
1. new - Movie Scraper App
2. new - TV Series Scraper App
3, new - Built in Subtitle Downloader
4. new - IP Stream App
5. new - WOL (Wake on LAN)
6. new - HTML5 Browser
7. Fixed - Arabic srt Subtitles
8. Fixed - MP3 UFT8 embedded text
9. Fixed . Fixed IP of Wireless not working
9. Dev - Nav Up / Down moves srt subtiles up/down
10. Dev - Added support for external subtitle language naming
11. Dev: added grey color for subtitle
11. General bug fixes

Read more http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,12035.msg78744.html#msg78744

Mede8er1

You guys are doing an excellent job supporting the Mede8er. Now, pretty much the only request I've been asking for since the biginning of time PLEASE have full support of Yadis.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8599

Home Theater Set Up:

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8597

post #1010 of 1432 Old 08-23-2013, 11:43 AM

Liked: 18
Since I've sold my Dune, looks like I may switch back to my original decision - MEDE8ER.

I wanna see how this new firmware flies with the public, before I get too excited...
post #1011 of 1432 Old 08-23-2013, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by L33TX43RT View Post

Since I've sold my Dune, looks like I may switch back to my original decision - MEDE8ER.

I wanna see how this new firmware flies with the public, before I get too excited...

Which model? and for how much did you sell it? I'm thinking of going away with the Dunes and going with the HTPC, but I'm still testing some stuff so, I can't make the switch for sure.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8599

Home Theater Set Up:

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8597

post #1012 of 1432 Old 08-23-2013, 01:05 PM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

Which model? and for how much did you sell it? I'm thinking of going away with the Dunes and going with the HTPC, but I'm still testing some stuff so, I can't make the switch for sure.

I sold my 303D for $185/shipped, which is very reasonable, considering the unit was used for less than two months. I sold it to explore other options, of which I'm now using XBMC. However, I am particularly impressed with MEDE8ER's recent developments.

My original choice before I purchased the DUNE HD TV-303D was the MEDE8ER MED1000X3D. The only thing that held be back (at the time), was the fact MEDE8ER was under-developed in software support from every angle, until now. It's seems these player models are coming ahead of the competition.
post #1013 of 1432 Old 08-23-2013, 05:49 PM

Liked: 10
Great news this firmware 3.0 with all these new functions! biggrin.gif

post #1014 of 1432 Old 08-23-2013, 07:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by inikad View Post

Great news this firmware 3.0 with all these new functions! biggrin.gif

[/CENTER]

So with the new subtitle downloader, is there an option to use external subs only? This would be a reasonable workaround to the forced sub issue.

Looky here!
post #1015 of 1432 Old 08-23-2013, 08:40 PM

Liked: 10
I don't think so: it's still the same option in Setup menu: subtitles desactivated or activated.
post #1016 of 1432 Old 08-24-2013, 05:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

so I'll drop the debate by only saying the seamless ISO (or full BD folder rip) playback issue is likely not firmware laziness by manufacturers. There is fierce competition by the top 3 (Mede8er, PCH and Dune) for small profit margins and a niche customer base (us), so if they could've resolved this by now, they would've. I see the issue as more originating from studios and them making it more difficult on chip manufacturers (Sigma, Realtek) to allow full Blu-ray functionality in media streamers akin to standard Blu-ray players. They don't want us with media players and NAS'es with 1:1 BD rips, they want us to buy Blu-ray players and discs and be happy smile.gif.
Quote:

It is amazing how people bought a crap product are still trying to protect it and the maker of the product... Or are you representatives of either Sigma or M8ER/PCH/Dune? (BTW Dune had implemented gapless audio long ago, so, you see - it is possible!) I am software engineer for my life, I've done seamless playback of multiple media files back in 20 years ago on a ancient hardware and with ancient tools being a 16 y.o. teenager just starting learning programming. Don't tell me it is impossible or even hard to do. I will never believe to this lie cultivated by this days unprofessionalism leading to low quality products everywhere. It is totally absurd to tell that seamless/gapless transition between two media files somehow depends on the presence or lack of the "menu" of any kind. Be it "Full BD Menus" or anything else. Try to explain to any engineer how the menu makes implementing it easier/harder and he will only laugh in response. Filling the buffer is the very basics of programming.
Quote:

Solution is: Makemkv for seamless branched titles (disney)

I'll repeat. It is not a solution. You lose branches this way (or multiply storage space by the total number of branches). And it doesn't help for audio where it is common (or even standard for many years) to split albums to file-per-track.
post #1017 of 1432 Old 08-24-2013, 05:35 AM
Advanced Member

@igorzep

Do you own any media player (dune, Pch,mede8er ?

Tell me what media player is not "crap" in your engeenier understanding ?

What media player tick all the boxes?

What media player has perfect fps , iso , mkv , 3d, 3d mvc , jukebox , app control etc etc ??

Projector Mitsubishi HC5

Projector Optoma hd300x 

Oppo 103D

Media player Med1000x3D

KEN KREISEL DXD-808 

Q7000 5.1

post #1018 of 1432 Old 08-24-2013, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgorZep View Post

It is amazing how people bought a crap product are still trying to protect it and the maker of the product... Or are you representatives of either Sigma or M8ER/PCH/Dune? (BTW Dune had implemented gapless audio long ago, so, you see - it is possible!) I am software engineer for my life, I've done seamless playback of multiple media files back in 20 years ago on a ancient hardware and with ancient tools being a 16 y.o. teenager just starting learning programming. Don't tell me it is impossible or even hard to do. I will never believe to this lie cultivated by this days unprofessionalism leading to low quality products everywhere. It is totally absurd to tell that seamless/gapless transition between two media files somehow depends on the presence or lack of the "menu" of any kind. Be it "Full BD Menus" or anything else. Try to explain to any engineer how the menu makes implementing it easier/harder and he will only laugh in response. Filling the buffer is the very basics of programming.
I'll repeat. It is not a solution. You lose branches this way (or multiply storage space by the total number of branches). And it doesn't help for audio where it is common (or even standard for many years) to split albums to file-per-track.

So if it's EASY to program and everyone WANTS it, they wouldn't DO IT because....they're lazy? Nefarious? Clueless?

Mede8er has shown a lot of effort in rapidly improving their product. I want the seamless branching issue overcome also, so I can not do MKV and select whatever stream I want from a BDMV or ISO rip, but I doubt programming for this is a low-hanging fruit that they are ignoring. There's no business sense with that thinking.

Perhaps its not the missing "menus", but the lack of full Blu Ray/Java support which makes it difficult/impossible to read/pre-fetch the branching streams seamlessly. I would think that Mede8er would really like to overcome that if they could, as would any quality developer.
post #1019 of 1432 Old 08-24-2013, 06:54 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgorZep View Post

So why the rant? It's simple, if you don't like what they have to offer then buy something else that does. By the way I'm not a software engineer but mechanical and I've been in a number of industries throughout my career where theres always something new to learn/different even with products similar in nature. If you think that stating such gives more clout it doesn't, unless of course your experience is directly programming for this chipset. Since your such a phenomenal engineer why don't you buy a KDLinks or similar unit that the firmware isn't locked down on and develop your own? rolleyes.gif
post #1020 of 1432 Old 08-24-2013, 11:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Do you own any media player (dune, Pch,mede8er ?

Tell me what media player is not "crap" in your engeenier understanding ?

I own Dune Smart box and Mede8er 600. Dune is not crap, at least because it plays correctly the content it is supposed to play. It still have some bugs, there are some inconveniences, but it does it's primary function well. And it has some pretty good and convenient UI. Mede8er - yes, it can play 3D, but it has a lot of basic issues in handling the content. Sure, many of them fixed already, but there are still some serious issues still not addressed. I have to watch 3D somehow, so I've chosen the lesser evil, and the device with most active development. I appreciate it, but it is still not an excuse for failing the basics.
Quote:

What media player has perfect fps , iso , mkv , 3d, 3d mvc , jukebox , app control etc etc ??

I do not care about the Jukebox and App Control, the plugins, games, TV channels, etc. if it can't do the basics correctly. I do not care how conveniently I choose an album or a movie, if during the listening/watching there are annoying interruptions. I can (and will if there is a choice) trade it all for seamless experience during the watching/listening. So, the FPS, gapless/seamless, FLAC, MKV (along with MPEG and other most common/standart formats, there aren't many, I don't expect everything), Chapters, 3D, MVC, BD-Light (or some/any other form of seamless play-lists, or support for branched MKV - they are standardized already) - all this is a requirement, without it - it is just a broken device (Sorry, I used to call things with their names, it is just how it works, if you as a customer eat non-quality product you will get less and less quality, this is why all the marked are flooded with crap today. I don't like this situation, and I vote with money where I can). Everything else - is differentiation that make devices unique, but it should not be done with the cost of breaking the very core things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post

Mede8er has shown a lot of effort in rapidly improving their product.
Sure, I appreciate it, but I don't appreciate thee shift in direction that is happening now with making more features while there are still issues seriously affecting seamless listening/watching experience. Surely it will attract more customers, as there are more buzz-words in the list of supported features. But none of those features will make a candy from broken device.
Quote:

I want the seamless branching issue overcome also, so I can not do MKV and select whatever stream I want from a BDMV or ISO rip, but I doubt programming for this is a low-hanging fruit that they are ignoring. There's no business sense with that thinking.
It is not necessary the Mede8er, who is directly responsible for the problem. What I am telling it is a firmware issue, it is basic one, and there is nothing preventing or making it hard to implement it correctly. But firmware is created by two parties, Mede8er and Sigma. Sigma provides SKD with an API for Mede8er, and it can do (and probably done) it in a way that prevents Mede8er (and other parties) to implement it easily. This just shifts my complain about the 'lack of brain' to the Sigma developers. But it still is a pure software/firmware issue that is made by people with lack of brain or total disinterest to make a quality product. Chose one or the other, there are no other options smile.gif.
Quote:

Perhaps its not the missing "menus", but the lack of full Blu Ray/Java support which makes it difficult/impossible to read/pre-fetch the branching streams seamlessly. I would think that Mede8er would really like to overcome that if they could, as would any quality developer.
Full BD, Java, everything else - there is nothing except multiple files, transition between them, and correct timely filling the buffer, with Full BD/Java you simply cannot get certified if you fail to do seamless, or you will not be allowed to sell the player. This is the only reason it is "easier" for them to do it, as they are forced to do it, explicitly! As I stated above - Sigma develops important parts of the firmware also, so it perfectly can be it's failure. But as a customer I don't care. I paid money to Mede8er, it is their job to fix problems or force their supplier (Sigma) to do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djc11369 View Post

It's simple, if you don't like what they have to offer then buy something else that does.
It is not that simple, because the unanimous acceptance of low-quality products (and worse - religiously praising them instead of healthy criticism) made a good quality products disappear almost in any area of life. We get more and more powerful processors and more and more features, everywhere is more and more quantity, but with lower and lower quality. I would buy something better, even for twice the price (and replaced two units with just one, so, finally - it would be cheaper for me).
Quote:

unless of course your experience is directly programming for this chipset.
When you deal with files and buffers there is no really any matter what is the chipset. Files and memory are equal abstractions everywhere. The whole science of the software are the abstractions. And files are. If you can play one file seamlessly, then you can play two, three, or any number as seamlessly as one (as long as the internal file format/structure/content permits it, and it does). Period.
Quote:

Since your such a phenomenal engineer why don't you buy a KDLinks or similar unit that the firmware isn't locked down on and develop your own? rolleyes.gif
I can't do everything in the world alone. Believe me I've done a lot of things already, but there are not enough clones of me for other things wink.gif At least there is a whole team of great engineers around me, and this gives me hope not everything in this world is so bad.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Med1000x3d Hd 3d Multimedia Player
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page