post #91 of 1461 Old 08-18-2012, 01:12 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 34
new review about med1000x3d in hdfever.fr

this time tested with blu rays iso 2D and 3D

"UPnP I have not met jerks at the moment, even rips Blu-ray to MKV or not recompressed M2TS, TS, etc. and with a DTS-HD MA track.

Otherwise, USB I have not encountered concern in 24p or with DTS-HD, TrueHD, MKV, DVD ISO and BD, Blu-ray directory, FLAC 192 khz. It is compatible and CEC Auto Lipsync and it is not bad because it is rare. The reader hardly any plant, it is very quiet and mostly it is fast, very responsive"

google translate link

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=fr&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://hdfever.fr/forum/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D8%26t%3D1314&usg=ALkJrhigjP1Ro2kFj3BSsFvv2FuyFRv9DQ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 1461 Old 08-18-2012, 01:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I heard that sigma based CPU gives better image quality than realtek based CPU. Is that true at all?
post #93 of 1461 Old 08-18-2012, 06:22 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallengt View Post

I heard that sigma based CPU gives better image quality than realtek based CPU. Is that true at all?
no
post #94 of 1461 Old 08-18-2012, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Just ordered mine, so will hopefully have by the end of the coming week smile.gif.

HD Media Keen Videosaurus
post #95 of 1461 Old 08-18-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

Just ordered mine, so will hopefully have by the end of the coming week smile.gif.
Cool! Let us know if it does what it is supposed to! I thought of ordering one as well but still have too many projects sitting around as well as 55 more blu rays that need ripped to disc..
Be sure to post up your equipment list too so we know what works!
Also, did we ever determine if this thing was capable of full blu ray iso playback with menu's? I can't remember...
post #96 of 1461 Old 08-18-2012, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

That I know... no full BD menus, unless profile 1.0 discs, so BD-lite for most.

post #97 of 1461 Old 08-23-2012, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just got the unit , Looks great, build quality, nice box, better in person then on the pictures. Silent unit Looks good. Been testing with mixed results. But been working with mede8er and they have been AWESOME so far.
1.) make sure you turn off lip sync it will mess up HD audio.
2.) some issues with m4v files from handbrake with the aac 5.1 freezing the picture, working on it with mede8er
3.) a few mkv with high bitrate hd audio 6.1 or 7.1 and will drop audio, working with them on it as well, they notices a issue, response below, I will test m2ts later today
"Seems you are correct and X3 has some upper limit when using very high bitrate MKV inc HD Audio over Samba ie above 35mb/s. Converting to m2ts does fix this problem. Short term I suggest you mux your files to m2ts and we will investigate this"
I have done 3d iso and iso without issue so far picked the right track every time, and I did not have to turn off bd menu, If it does not work it will continue with it off and everything has played well except the issues above.
I have not noticed frame drops, etc. in 3d or non 3d , but not sure how to 100% verify that it is 23.976 or not?? my projector just shows 24p, and the unit reports 23.98 on the info button. But it looks good to me so far?
post #98 of 1461 Old 08-23-2012, 12:15 PM

Yes NO Full blu ray menus. I can verify that, just bd lite
post #99 of 1461 Old 08-23-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpump View Post

Just got the unit , Looks great, build quality, nice box, better in person then on the pictures. Silent unit Looks good. Been testing with mixed results. But been working with mede8er and they have been AWESOME so far.
2.) some issues with m4v files from handbrake with the aac 5.1 freezing the picture, working on it with mede8er
3.) a few mkv with high bitrate hd audio 6.1 or 7.1 and will drop audio, working with them on it as well, they notices a issue, response below, I will test m2ts later today
"Seems you are correct and X3 has some upper limit when using very high bitrate MKV inc HD Audio over Samba ie above 35mb/s. Converting to m2ts does fix this problem. Short term I suggest you mux your files to m2ts and we will investigate this"
I have done 3d iso and iso without issue so far picked the right track every time, and I did not have to turn off bd menu, If it does not work it will continue with it off and everything has played well except the issues above.
I have not noticed frame drops, etc. in 3d or non 3d , but not sure how to 100% verify that it is 23.976 or not?? my projector just shows 24p, and the unit reports 23.98 on the info button. But it looks good to me so far?

Okay, the m4v is solved the x3d does not support variable bitrate. If you are using the handbrake atv preset it uses variable bitrate. SO, I just need to adjust handbrake settings for this one.
post #100 of 1461 Old 08-23-2012, 03:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

Yes NO Full blu ray menus. I can verify that, just bd lite

To my knowledge the only (media-player) chipset capable of FULL Bluray menus remains the Sigma SMP 8642/8643 series.
post #101 of 1461 Old 08-24-2012, 05:17 AM

Liked: 16
'x3d does not support variable bitrate' correction - it does but it does not support variable fps

Mede8er1
post #102 of 1461 Old 08-24-2012, 05:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 71
No clue why I stopped receiving notifications of this thread since I was the one who started lol.

Been testing the X3D, haven't run through my full tests yet but solid so far.

Brajesh, did you get yours yet? I tested my Toy Story 3DBRs and the correct English playlist plays (not the alternate language)., Can you confirm this?

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) -

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #103 of 1461 Old 08-24-2012, 06:17 AM
LVS
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

I also read on the mede8er forums that NFS also resolves the MKV audio drops without remuxing... might be worth a try.
post #104 of 1461 Old 08-24-2012, 07:58 AM

Yup, NSF works great, no drops yet. I do like this unit so far.
Sorry about the mis information on the variable bit rate, it was variable fps.
post #105 of 1461 Old 08-24-2012, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Brajesh, did you get yours yet? I tested my Toy Story 3DBRs and the correct English playlist plays (not the alternate language)., Can you confirm this?
I got mine as well. Will be testing this and other things this weekend. Mede8er added a playlist navigator as well in case you need to manually choose the proper playlist.

I've used my 1000X3D for a few hours now and really like it. It's basically the 450X2/500X2 with 3D support added. The boot up time, UI navigation, etc. are noticeably faster than X2 series. The same Y2M output works perfectly with X3, but I did have to delete the old Mede8er database file and re-scan the share as it gave me an odd 'folder missing' error when I didn't the first time. I also decided to separate my 3D movies share from my 2D, which makes it easier to get to just the 3D, but it does mean separate jukeboxes and running different instances of Y2M. Not a big deal though.

So far, I added a custom skin from Mede8er's forum and that worked fine, but UI felt a tad sluggish, so I reverted to default UI. In my case, when I first boot up, the UI is sometimes zoomed in and fuzzy, so I need to switch to a different HDMI input on my receiver and switch back for it to look right. This happened with HiMedia HD900B and Micca EP600 G2 as well sometimes. I'm guessing it's the 1000X3D switching from its default 50Hz boot-up to the eventual 10800/60Hz setting I have it at, with my Optoma HD33 maybe not scaling the picture properly in the process. I watched 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' (Fincher version) full BD rip (MKV format) with HD audio all the way though via SMB from my Synology 1812+ w/o any issues. Perfect video and audio!

The build quality of the 1000X3D itself is quite solid, heavier than I'd expected. Not sure I'm crazy about the silver and spaceship design (felt the same way about Boxee Box's funky look), but that isn't a big deal as the player itself so far appears to be a winner, the first 1186-based to get it right (build, UI, jukebox, functionality). I'm also thrilled with Mede8er's support and response so far. I'm now a beta tester for them, so will try to actively provide feedback there. I already boxed up my Mede8er 450X2 and HiMedia 900B to eBay off smile.gif. The 1000X3D is shaping up to be the best of both of those combined.

post #106 of 1461 Old 08-24-2012, 05:19 PM

Is its firmware better than Miccas 600G2/950? Less buggy?
How well does it handle Rio 3D and Cars 2 3D Bluray ISO's. How well does it work with Avatar 3D Bluray ISO with the forced Navi only english subs? Any of the Micca firmware bugs on this device? TIA.
post #107 of 1461 Old 08-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

I got mine as well. Will be testing this and other things this weekend. Mede8er added a playlist navigator as well in case you need to manually choose the proper playlist.
The 1000X3D is shaping up to be the best of both of those combined.

Where are you guys buying this from?
post #108 of 1461 Old 08-24-2012, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:

I've used my 1000X3D for a few hours now and really like it. It's basically the 450X2/500X2 with 3D support added. The boot up time, UI navigation, etc. are noticeably faster than X2 series. The same Y2M output works perfectly with X3, but I did have to delete the old Mede8er database file and re-scan the share as it gave me an odd 'folder missing' error when I didn't the first time. I also decided to separate my 3D movies share from my 2D, which makes it easier to get to just the 3D, but it does mean separate jukeboxes and running different instances of Y2M. Not a big deal though.
So far, I added a custom skin from Mede8er's forum and that worked fine, but UI felt a tad sluggish, so I reverted to default UI. In my case, when I first boot up, the UI is sometimes zoomed in and fuzzy, so I need to switch to a different HDMI input on my receiver and switch back for it to look right. This happened with HiMedia HD900B and Micca EP600 G2 as well sometimes. I'm guessing it's the 1000X3D switching from its default 50Hz boot-up to the eventual 10800/60Hz setting I have it at, with my Optoma HD33 maybe not scaling the picture properly in the process. I watched 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' (Fincher version) full BD rip (MKV format) with HD audio all the way though via SMB from my Synology 1812+ w/o any issues. Perfect video and audio!
The build quality of the 1000X3D itself is quite solid, heavier than I'd expected. Not sure I'm crazy about the silver and spaceship design (felt the same way about Boxee Box's funky look), but that isn't a big deal as the player itself so far appears to be a winner, the first 1186-based to get it right (build, UI, jukebox, functionality). I'm also thrilled with Mede8er's support and response so far. I'm now a beta tester for them, so will try to actively provide feedback there. I already boxed up my Mede8er 450X2 and HiMedia 900B to eBay off smile.gif. The 1000X3D is shaping up to be the best of both of those combined.

Good summary. I picked one up out of curiosity and feel the same way. Very solid looking, I like the changes to the default menu as well. Playback was flawless other than the known forced subtitle issue, but worst case I can always remux my movies and only include the subs I need.

Looky here!
post #109 of 1461 Old 08-24-2012, 10:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
found it here http://mediaconceptusa.com/mede8er.html.
Hopefully it will come to 179 usd for wifi model on amazon soon.
post #110 of 1461 Old 08-24-2012, 11:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by csrini1 View Post

found it here http://mediaconceptusa.com/mede8er.html.
Hopefully it will come to 179 usd for wifi model on amazon soon.

AFAIK, Mediaconcept is the only U.S. dealer. If the prices of the 500X2/450X2 units are any indication I wouldn't expect any price drops coming.

Looky here!
post #111 of 1461 Old 08-24-2012, 11:29 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:

Please check on these test files in "24Hz" mode: http://www.mediafire.com/?w4dm4i2a99weoh4 from HokeySmoke. Absence of stutters in 3D (SBS file) also interests.
Description of the problem here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1380932/micca-ep950/330#post_21705939 .
post #112 of 1461 Old 08-27-2012, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

I did a bunch of tests over the weekend, so posting my results here and at the Mede8er forum. I did update to V1.0.3_Aug22_BETA firmware first. My previous post was based on V1.0.3_18August_BETA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh 
In my case, when I first boot up, the UI is sometimes zoomed in and fuzzy, so I need to switch to a different HDMI input on my receiver and switch back for it to look right. This happened with HiMedia HD900B and Micca EP600 G2 as well sometimes. I'm guessing it's the 1000X3D switching from its default 50Hz boot-up to the eventual 10800/60Hz setting I have it at, with my Optoma HD33 maybe not scaling the picture properly in the process.
With the August 22 beta firmware, I'm no longer seeing this issue. I booted up the player a few times, switched from other HDMI inputs via my receiver, but every time I got to the main UI without any distortions. Hope it stays this way with upcoming firmwares, which Mede8er is releasing quite proactively. One thing to note is that they recommend the 'emergency' firmware update method for a clean install, but this also wipes out all your 1000X3D's settings, including shares under 'Favorites'. As it's an annoyance to reconfigure, under 'Setup', you can save your configuration to a USB stick and use later to restore it, which is nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoElement View Post

Please check on these test files in "24Hz" mode: http://www.mediafire.com/?w4dm4i2a99weoh4 from HokeySmoke. Absence of stutters in 3D (SBS file) also interests.
Description of the problem here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1380932/micca-ep950/330#post_21705939.
Did so...

...with the following settings under 'Video' for my 1000X3D...

...and here are my results:
- MotionBars_720p50.000.m2ts ... Top two bars stutter as they move from right to left, bottom bar slightly
- MotionBars_720p59.940.m2ts ... All bars move smoothly
- MotionBars_720p60.000.m2ts ... All bars move smoothly
- MotionBars_1080p23.976.m2ts ... All three bars stutter (same result with auto framerate disabled)
- MotionBars_1080p24.000.m2ts ... Top two bars stutter, bottom bar slightly
- MotionBars_1080p59.940.m2ts ... All bars move smoothly
- MotionBars_1080p60.000.m2ts ... All bars move smoothly
- MotionBarsSBS_1080p23.976.m2ts ... Top two bars stutter, bottom bar slightly
- MotionBarsSBS_1080p24.000.m2ts ... Top two bars stutter, bottom bar slightly
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 
I tested my Toy Story 3DBRs and the correct English playlist plays (not the alternate language)., Can you confirm this?
I tested 'Toy Story 3' 3D, 'Cars 2' 3D and 'Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk' 3D, all of which defaulted to the incorrect playlist on my HiMedia HD900B. For 'Toy Story 3' 3D and 'Cars 2' 3D, you would get the Spanish credits playlist, and with 'Grand Canyon' 3D, you would get the making-of, not the main feature. HiMedia later added playlist select via BD-lite option, but on Mede8er 1000X3D, I'm happy to report all defaulted to the proper playlist. However, if I do need or want to select a certain playlist, I'm not sure how to do it on 1000X3D. I tried enabling and disabling the BD menu via the 'F3' button on the remote, but I didn't notice anything different when pressing 'Menu' when playing a Blu-ray ISO. I tried the 'Goto' option, which shows the following...

...but, this doesn't seem to let you switch playlists. Unless 'Despicable Me' 3D only has one playlist. I should've tried one of the titles above, so I'll do it when I get a chance.

One possible bug is when playing a Blu-ray ISO with BD menu enabled, I get this error:

However, I chose 'Continue' and playback seems fine, including for 3D titles (with 2D version on the same disc), where the right 3D playlist plays.

Continuing on, I played for about 20 minutes my 1:1 MKV rip of 'Star Wars: Episode II' Blu-ray with HD audio. Smooth playback via SMB, no video stutters or audio dropouts:

As you can see, after I pressed 'Info' on the 1000X3D remote, it shows the video at the proper 23.98 (23.976 rounded up) framerate. For audio, it shows just DTS, but when I hit 'Display' on my receiver, I'm in fact getting full DTS-HD MA.

Now, this goes back to the motion bars test results above, when I play a film-based 3D Blu-ray...

...I'm getting a 23.99 framerate. The above screenshot is blurry as it's obviously 3D without glasses. I let 'Avatar' 3D play for about 10 minutes, and even with that odd framerate, the video appeared smooth. If I'd watched it longer, maybe I would've noticed frame skips. Even with my HiMedia HD900B however, which we know doesn't do proper 23.976 in 3D, I didn't notice as many skips, which I attribute to my Optoma HD33 projector possibly doing a good job masking the issue.

Next, some problem videos... I tested a 3D SBS file. It's the London Olympics closing ceremony, which plays in 3D once I press 'Menu' and select side-by-side option, but playback stutters. Not sure if this is related to the high bitrate playback issue kpump identified for both SMB and NFS, but Mede8er has acknowledged it as a Realtek SDK issue and expects to fix in a future firmware. Here is the MediaInfo detail of the file that stuttered for me: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
General
Unique ID : 216662946859513938685858678931450476949 (0xA2FFC40632FCD2D4A517FB33830BB995)
Complete name : \\SYNOLOGY\Movies 3D\London 2012 Olympics Closing Ceremony (2012)\London 2012 Olympics Closing Ceremony (2012).mkv
Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 2
File size : 12.8 GiB
Duration : 3h 16mn
Overall bit rate : 9 307 Kbps
Encoded date : UTC 2012-08-14 21:10:37
Writing application : mkvmerge v5.2.1 ('A Far Off Place') built on Jan 2 2012 23:21:10
Writing library : libebml v1.2.3 + libmatroska v1.3.0

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Muxing mode : Header stripping
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate : 8 738 Kbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Variable
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : MBAFF
Scan order : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.169
Stream size : 12.0 GiB (94%)
Default : Yes
Forced : No
Color primaries : BT.709-5, BT.1361, IEC 61966-2-4, SMPTE RP177
Transfer characteristics : BT.709-5, BT.1361
Matrix coefficients : BT.709-5, BT.1361, IEC 61966-2-4 709, SMPTE RP177

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Muxing mode : Header stripping
Codec ID : A_AC3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 384 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Delay relative to video : -120ms
Stream size : 540 MiB (4%)
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No

So, I thought I'd try NFS, but so far, I'm getting 'failed' messages on my 1000X3D when trying to set it up. I followed instructions here, but no luck. I have a Synology DS1812+. I'll ask for help in the Mede8er forum for this, but if anyone here has successfully set-up NFS on their Mede8er/Synology combo, please do explain exactly how you made it work.

The next problem files I ran into were MP4 downloads from YouTube. Here is MediaInfo for one of them: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
General
Complete name : \\SYNOLOGY\Videos\Various Clips\Despicable Me - Minon Gun Teaser Trailer.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID : mp42
File size : 36.3 MiB
Duration : 2mn 21s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 2 156 Kbps
Encoded date : UTC 2010-06-22 18:02:16
Tagged date : UTC 2010-06-22 18:02:16
gsst : 0
gstd : 141803
gssd : B4A7DD462MH1330972705358959
gshh : v2.cache4.c.youtube.com

Video
ID : 2
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L3.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate : 2 028 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 7 137 Kbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 24.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.092
Stream size : 34.2 MiB (94%)
Title : (C) 2007 Google Inc. v08.13.2007.
Tagged date : UTC 2010-06-22 18:02:17

Audio
ID : 1
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : 40
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 125 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 250 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 2.11 MiB (6%)
Title : (C) 2007 Google Inc. v08.13.2007.
Tagged date : UTC 2010-06-22 18:02:17
With files like this, I get video, but no audio.

Still need to evaluate the Mede8er 1000X3D further, but beyond the few playback exceptions above, most of my movies I sampled for a few minutes each played perfectly, including those with 5.1, 6.1 and 7.1 hd audio (both TrueHD and DTS-HD MA). Also, as with other Realtek 1185- and 1186-based players I've tried, the 1000X3D plays camcorder 1080p/60 files perfectly. This is also true for less than perfectly authored or muxed videos. I've found Realtek-based players generally more forgiving and better at video playback than Sigma-based.

Did want to mention that while the remote is light, nicely designed (button placement, ergonomics), it needed to be pointed straight at the 1000X3D for responsiveness (or having to re-press buttons). I'm using my Harmony One anyway, which did better controlling the player off direct line of sight. I had it previously programmed for my Mede8er 450X2, and it controls the 1000X3D as well. I do see some extra buttons on the 1000X3D remote, like the F1, F2, F3, F4 buttons, so will need to program those in.
NanoElement likes this.

post #113 of 1461 Old 08-27-2012, 08:26 AM

I have NFS working, but it locks for me. Hard locks after a few minutes. I have to pull power to reset. I know it is picky, but I am not a NFS expert. Have to use full path, and caps matter.
I use unrais so path was
nmt/user/Movies for me. The share is Movies had to use captiol M or it did not map.
post #114 of 1461 Old 08-27-2012, 08:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 34
thanks for the review @brajesh

in the micca ep950 my pj epson tw6000 aka 3300 (similar to hd33) also shows 23.99 framerate in 3D

I also have a synology ds412+ with dsm 4.0, try this:
Go to Privileges, Shared Folder and for video set the following:

IP: 192.1.6.1.* (example)
read/write: both
root squash: no map
activate : assincrono

try with jumbo frames on and try with jumbo off.

and the normal steps , enable NFS in synology, must be in same network etc.

heres a xbmc guide with pictures you can get the idea.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFS

regards
canton

post #115 of 1461 Old 08-27-2012, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks, I'll keep trying. I think I did have volume1 in lower case, so will try Volume1 for the share and see. Will have to read manual to see where to disable/enable jumbo frames. But, as kpump noted, he is still having problems with high bitrate files via NFS, so it may not solve my sole stuttering 3D SBS file I've experienced the issue on so far.

post #116 of 1461 Old 08-27-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:

Thanks, I'll keep trying. I think I did have volume1 in lower case, so will try Volume1 for the share and see. Will have to read manual to see where to disable/enable jumbo frames. But, as kpump noted, he is still having problems with high bitrate files via NFS, so it may not solve my sole stuttering 3D SBS file I've experienced the issue on so far.

At least smb is working for the high bitrate stuff for you, mine drops the audio every time, just a matter of time.
post #117 of 1461 Old 08-27-2012, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Choosing playlists hasn't been added yet.

I probably won't write up my review for another few weeks as that should allow for some time with any fw updates to get pushed through

Cheers,
Damian

post #118 of 1461 Old 08-27-2012, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

One possible bug is when playing a Blu-ray ISO with BD menu enabled, I get this error:

However, I chose 'Continue' and playback seems fine, including for 3D titles (with 2D version on the same disc), where the right 3D playlist plays.

So your Disney 3D BluRays play fine with BD Menus on? If I keep BD Menus on they won't play at all (I get a message that the device is not compatible for 3D playback or the menus appear briefly and then freeze such as Toy Story). For non Disney I just get that error message, hit continue, and playback starts.

Keeping BR menus off and I get no issues

Cheers,
Damian

post #119 of 1461 Old 08-27-2012, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Choosing playlists hasn't been added yet.
I probably won't write up my review for another few weeks as that should allow for some time with any fw updates to get pushed through
Makes sense as there have been frequent firmware updates since release, which is a great thing. Re: BD playlist support, their V1.0.3 firmware release notes say, "New Aplha functionality BD Playlist select on Menu button options when playing BD structure." So, maybe it hasn't been added after all, or I wonder if by BD structure they mean BD folder rips and not ISO?

post #120 of 1461 Old 08-27-2012, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

So your Disney 3D BluRays play fine with BD Menus on? If I keep BD Menus on they won't play at all (I get a message that the device is not compatible for 3D playback or the menus appear briefly and then freeze such as Toy Story). For non Disney I just get that error message, hit continue, and playback starts.
Keeping BR menus off and I get no issues
Mine behaves exactly the same way. Works with non-Disney BD-ISO's, but for Disney, I need to turn off by pressing 'F3'.

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Med1000x3d Hd 3d Multimedia Player
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page