Well I had the MED600X3D to replace my WD TV Live for a couple weeks and it's now up for sale in classifieds. Here was my short experience with it...
- Easy to buy from US online.
- Really easy setup, the automatic movie scraping worked really well direct from device, played a little with changing titles and media library directories to accomodate the different structure Mede8er wanted compared to WD but it wasn't too hard. After a couple hours of tinkering I had everything setup coming from my NAS and had edited titles.
- Media jukebox interface, look/feel/responsiveness miles ahead of my old WD. Everyone who played with it was suitably impressed at how much better it looked.
- iPhone app worked nicely for navigating my media library also.
- Played all my content flawlessly.
- When I start or stop playing video, the box loses HDMI handshake and reestablishes it. This means that in my case, my screen goes black for about 3-5 seconds then turns back on whenever you hit play or stop on a video. Mildly annoying, no big deal. Hunted around mede8er forums - this is just how it works.
- When I stop playing audio, pause a video, fastforward - the audio coming out of the HDMI pass-through will cause a POP or crack through the speakers. I similarly researched this on forums and this is again just how it works - appears to be due to mede8er box just dropping the bitstream mid-stream and some receivers not handling this oddness well - Onkyo seems particularly bad for this and seen multiple Marantz reports of this (I have a marantz sr6004). It didn't seem to me to be speaker-damaging type of sounds but its definitely annoying and buggy and I have very expensive speakers passing through monoblock amps out of the receiver so I could see how I could amplify and damage something and I'm unwilling to take that chance. Perhaps I am over-reacting but with no fix for this possible this was the one deal breaker for me. Unfortunate because I really liked the media player.