AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmiddleton4 View Post
Gus,

Yes, subtitles always on. But the only video files that have subtitles to display do so as if "forced" because none of my other video archives have any subtitles to display.

It also works very well to render the subtitle to video, there is no subtitle track that way and the subtitles become graphic images embedded in the video.

Can't turn them off but we're talking forced so you wouldn't anyway.

The problem is figuring out how the bluray is doing the subtitles to pick the right track and if it is or is not coded as "forced".

Which apparently for Kill Bill they are not coded as "forced".
This works for you since you are only using one language. For my family and I, I've got to do English and Spanish subs. Therefore, I cannot leave the subs on all the time. Finding the forced subtitle track for me is very simple. I use VLC and play all of the subtitle tracks until I find the correct one. I've found that the smaller tracks are the forced subs. Thereafter, I use MergeMKV to flag it as forced subs.

I sold my Dune D1, and just finished ordering all the parts for my HTPC, which only cost me $248 .

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Home Theater Set Up:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 1461 Old 09-01-2014, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Been thinking more and more about an HTPC myself. Need dual HDMI incase I want to do 3D through it. Although in practice when we watch a 3D movie I prefer to use my bluray player directly. Fewer variables.

Although it is getting to the point of just use the bluray player no matter what as all the steps and logistics for archiving owned movies, playback, etc., are getting more complicated and difficult than just using the disk in my player.

E.B. White said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
post #1443 of 1461 Old 09-01-2014, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Been thinking more and more about an HTPC myself. Need dual HDMI incase I want to do 3D through it. Although in practice when we watch a 3D movie I prefer to use my bluray player directly. Fewer variables.

Although it is getting to the point of just use the bluray player no matter what as all the steps and logistics for archiving owned movies, playback, etc., are getting more complicated and difficult than just using the disk in my player.
I did a lot of research and tried different media players. I found Dune to be the best 2D player. Now, I'm looking for an all in one box..the unicorn box...HTPC is the only option.

Mede8er is probably never going to support forced subs, which is important to my family and I.

However, in the good news side Mede8er will be supporting 10Muse jukebox, which will be coming out in October. That's the same jukebox I used with my a Dune D1.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #1444 of 1461 Old 09-01-2014, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 245
I remember reading back in the day about picture quality concerns of Realtek chipsets versus Sigma chipsets. Is that still an issue. What is Mede8er giving up being Realtek based versus my more familiar Sigma based Popcorn Hour? I believe this thread indicated the ability to detect forced subs was a realtek issue, any others?

"The Scuba Tank" thread

PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
post #1445 of 1461 Old 09-01-2014, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

I would say in general everyone is giving up on Realtek chipset based units. Realtek hasn't made a new chip in some time.

Industry going different direction.

I don't know about Mede8er and 10Muse. I do know they have invested a lot in their own jukebox, adding trailers, etc. Hard to believe they'd jump ship from all their own work and move to a third party. Possible, I have no idea. Just speculating.

I don't do much on their forum other then keep track of firmware releases.

Based on the description of 10Muse it reads as if something similar is Mede8er's goal for their own application/FW development.

Pure speculation of course but seems like that is the trajectory for the Mede8er FW.

My understanding is the subtitle frustrations are a Realtek chipset limitation.

E.B. White said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
post #1446 of 1461 Old 09-01-2014, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
I would say in general everyone is giving up on Realtek chipset based units. Realtek hasn't made a new chip in some time.

Industry going different direction.

I don't know about Mede8er and 10Muse. I do know they have invested a lot in their own jukebox, adding trailers, etc. Hard to believe they'd jump ship from all their own work and move to a third party. Possible, I have no idea. Just speculating.

I don't do much on their forum other then keep track of firmware releases.

Based on the description of 10Muse it reads as if something similar is Mede8er's goal for their own application/FW development.

Pure speculation of course but seems like that is the trajectory for the Mede8er FW.

My understanding is the subtitle frustrations are a Realtek chipset limitation.

You are mistaken mede8er does not have to change anything for 10muse.10 muse works with almost every player as they all have api play commands when mede8er added there jukebox/api it became able to work with mede8er. It's not a different path just an extra that now works.
post #1447 of 1461 Old 09-01-2014, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Is 10Muse going to be able to fix the TV Show jukebox issue?

Home Theater Set Up:

post #1448 of 1461 Old 09-01-2014, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 59
10muse is independent of the mede8er jukebox. So the onscreen jukebox will be the same for tv shows and movies. You will just get the tablet 10muse jukebox that it makes itself. Its like if you ran zappiti or yadis on the dune itself and 10muse as the remote they independent of each other.

I have to say plex has pretty much became my only jukebox I run to bad the mede8er has no plex app.
post #1449 of 1461 Old 09-02-2014, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys,

If I connect my speakers to optical out of 10003d and steam music through dlna on to 10003d will it be sending unprocessed lossless audio signal to my speaker system

actually I have a nad viso 1 speaker system which has its own DAC and I just want to feed to it raw unprocessed audio signal so that the DAC is only used of nad and not on 10003d
post #1450 of 1461 Old 09-02-2014, 08:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Location: From Coconut Grove FL to the rest of the globe with TLC.
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by funhouse69 View Post
Comparing a Mede8er to a Kaleidescape is like comparing a VW Bug to a Ferrari.

Yeah well I got rid of my ferrari and are having a blast with my Herbie the Love Bug which kills the ferrari in the 3d grand prix. My only question is will it take a 6 or 8 terabyte drive?

post #1451 of 1461 Old 09-02-2014, 10:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post
10muse is independent of the mede8er jukebox. So the onscreen jukebox will be the same for tv shows and movies. You will just get the tablet 10muse jukebox that it makes itself. Its like if you ran zappiti or yadis on the dune itself and 10muse as the remote they independent of each other.

I have to say plex has pretty much became my only jukebox I run to bad the mede8er has no plex app.
I agree with you. I think Plex is a wonderful program. I can access my movies from anywhere as long as I've got an internet connection. Furthermore, Plex recognized the MKV flagged forced subs as well, which is wonderful. In my opinion, Plex is in its early stages to replace media player hardware. I'm currently building an HTPC, and I will be using XBMC and Plex, but I've got a feeling Plex will be use the most since my wife and kids are used to it already. The iPad jukebox is awesome as well.

10Muse iPad app is awesome as well. Too bad you can't play video only use it as a control remote for your media player.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #1452 of 1461 Old 09-03-2014, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

"You are mistaken mede8er does not have to change anything for 10muse."

Huh? I never said anything about Mede8er having to do anything to use 10muse.

post #1453 of 1461 Old 09-05-2014, 08:43 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Mede8tor 1000 external usb hard drive and deleting movies

Hi, I have the mede8tor 1000xd media player.

I have two questions please.

When I am connected via usb3 from the player to my pc I can see the mede8tor internal drive in windows explorer but I can not see the external WD drive which is plugged into the media player.

Any tips on how I can find this in windows explorer?

Also is it possible to delete a movie on the internal hard drive in the media player using only the mede8tor or can it only be don through a pc?

thanks
post #1454 of 1461 Old 09-05-2014, 11:06 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazbee View Post
Hi, I have the mede8tor 1000xd media player. Also is it possible to delete a movie on the internal hard drive in the media player using only the mede8tor or can it only be don through a pc?
Yes, you can use the remote control to delete files on the internal hard drive. See page 45 of the 1000X3D user manual at http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_support_user_manuals.htm
post #1455 of 1461 Old 09-05-2014, 11:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by StratmanX View Post
Yes, you can use the remote control to delete files on the internal hard drive. See page 45 of the 1000X3D user manual at http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_support_user_manuals.htm
Thanks for that. I tried it and it works perfectly. Even moving files around.

Any clue on the other question?
post #1456 of 1461 Old 09-06-2014, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazbee View Post
Any clue on the other question?
Sorry, no. Have not used the 1000X3D in that fashion.
post #1457 of 1461 Old 09-08-2014, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member

I just picked up a 600 to replace my PCH C200. There must be something I'm overlooking because I can't get this thing to connect to any of my network shares (SMB). My c200 worked fine and still is. I've verified the user login information (shares are via win8.1) and every time I try to connect the mede8er says "login failed". What am I missing here? It sees all of network devices (two windows machines, wife's MacBook, ect ) but it won't connect to either windows box. I've never used NFS and SMB has served me fine for over 4 years with my C200 so I don't really want to change.

"The Scuba Tank" thread

post #1458 of 1461 Old 09-08-2014, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post
I just picked up a 600 to replace my PCH C200. There must be something I'm overlooking because I can't get this thing to connect to any of my network shares (SMB). My c200 worked fine and still is. I've verified the user login information (shares are via win8.1) and every time I try to connect the mede8er says "login failed". What am I missing here? It sees all of network devices (two windows machines, wife's MacBook, ect ) but it won't connect to either windows box. I've never used NFS and SMB has served me fine for over 4 years with my C200 so I don't really want to change.
If you select the "Network" Icon does it show you the various systems? Aren't you able to click on them and have it prompt your for the password? Once you do you should be able to save it as a "Favorite". I have a mixture of things in my network, all windows systems and a Synology Box and they all show up / connect perfectly.

Just to be sure you are connected to the network right? You are getting an IP address from your Router?

Last edited by funhouse69; 09-08-2014 at 09:20 PM.
post #1459 of 1461 Old 09-08-2014, 10:45 PM
AVS Special Member

I figured it out after a lot of fooling around in windows. Basically just went with a guest account and re-setup the shares. Definetly more finicky than the PCH with regards to SMB, but now that I have it working the jukebox support is nice and the trailers function is going to get a lot of use.

I'm impressed by the jukebox accuracy and the easy edit ability. YAMJ is pretty far off from this.
post #1460 of 1461 Old 09-09-2014, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Looking for some clarity and I've been poking around in the mede8er forums and reading in this thread and am unclear

1) The "Scraper" is said that in v3 to be a "downloadable app". I did not download an app, at least not knowingly. Am I using an older scraper?
2) Do I have to manually tell folders to scan to update for new content or does it regularly scan on its own (at powerup, on folder access, ect)
3) Do I need to aggregate the jukebox. I have separate folders for 3D, Blurays, Kids, ect and I'm fine with just having separate "video wall" for them. I'm assuming aggregate will combine them into one video wall, but I don't want to make sure I'm missing any functions because I haven't aggregated, particularly any automated scanning for new content.

"The Scuba Tank" thread

post #1461 of 1461 Old 09-13-2014, 05:29 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 20
1) Internal scraper is the most recent and not downloadable separately. The downloadable app must be referring to YAMJ to Mede8er? If so that existed prior to the internal scraper.

2)Manually, automatic would be a nice feature though

3)No need to aggregate unless you want a combined video wall.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Med1000x3d Hd 3d Multimedia Player
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page