*Official* Mede8er X3D (1000 | 800 | 600) Streamer Thread - Page 51 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1501 of 1515 Old 04-11-2015, 11:13 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I don't have any movies that span 2 discs but I suppose you could remux and merge them into one using something like MKVmerge. I've done something like this for a video long ago but it wasn't for a multi disc movie. If I remember correctly MKVverge has an append feature that you want to use to get it to work properly to combine them.

I don't think the Mede8er will handle two videos in one folder properly, after all I'm not sure how it would know when one is done to start the other one not to mention which file to start with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 1515 Old 04-11-2015, 07:13 PM

Liked: 37
Mede8er froze up twice during scraping. Luckily, it shows which movie it froze up on so I manually hit edit on that Movie and import proper movie before starting the re-scrape process.

Everything looks BEAUTIFUL! I love it, especially with the plot, IMDB reviews and trailers. It's even better then Netflix. :c) I spent about an hour fixing some movies it did not categorize properly. Looks like I will have to spend another hour looking through others but it is only a small percentage of total thankfully.

Thanks for all of your support DJC!! I couldn't have done it without you. My family is simply flabbergasted... :c)

Basement
Samsung 51" PN51D7000 | Mede8er MED600X3D | Roku 3 | Panasonic BDT110 | 30TB+ ZFS
Denon AVR-2113CI | Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1 LCR | Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE | PSA XV15
Living Room
Sony 65" KDL65W850A | Mede8er MED600X3D | Wii
Denon AVR-X1000 | JBL Studio 530 | JBL Studio 520C | Outlaw LFM-1 EX
post #1503 of 1515 Old 04-12-2015, 10:21 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
You're welcome and enjoy!
post #1504 of 1515 Old 04-27-2015, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Dear all,

I've had a PopcornHour A-210 for a few years now and have been really happy about it.
However, it starts to die on me (cannot play .mp4 or mp3 files).

So it's time for a change!

I checked the latest PCH but I find it quite pricey.
I read all the good things you wrote on the Med600X3D and I was wondering if it's still worth buying it given that it's a few years old (valid also for the PCH) and if you knew if a new one's coming out soon.

Thanks in advance!
post #1505 of 1515 Old 04-27-2015, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory Sacre View Post
Dear all,

I've had a PopcornHour A-210 for a few years now and have been really happy about it.
However, it starts to die on me (cannot play .mp4 or mp3 files).

So it's time for a change!

I checked the latest PCH but I find it quite pricey.
I read all the good things you wrote on the Med600X3D and I was wondering if it's still worth buying it given that it's a few years old (valid also for the PCH) and if you knew if a new one's coming out soon.

Thanks in advance!
I use mine everyday. It keeps getting updates and works fine with Dolby Atmos and everything else I try. So I recommend it.

Lg 60pz550n, Cambridge Audio Azur 751BD, Mede8er med600x3d, Atv3, Ps4, Hp htpc.
Denon AVR-X4100W,Nad M25.
Klipsch Rf63, Klipsch Rc64 mk2, Klipsch Rs52 mk2, Dynavoice Magic FX-4, Svs Pc13 ultra
post #1507 of 1515 Old 05-07-2015, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I have an 800X3D. Honestly when I got it was not sure if I was making a mistake or not. 3TB internal drive for 3D movies. Prefer not to stream those if can avoid it. There were so many new products promised that were based on the next great chipset. I thought I should have waited.

However I am very glad I have the 800X3D.

Those "new" products continue to be unstable, have FW issues, don't do this or that well. Do one thing well, then nothing else, etc.

I have no problems with the internal hard drive getting sluggish. No problems streaming non-3D over my network. Probably could do 3D as well but as noted using the internal hard drive eliminates the network variable.

I don't use jukeboxes, never have. Find them more cumbersome than they are worth. I save favorites for each media drive, quick process and then you see a semi-juke box looking thing anyway for the on-screen listing.

Scrapping works well.

I'm on the latest beta FW, 4.0x something or other. I don't use trailers either. If I want to watch a trailer I'd put my bluray in my player and not use my archives. Still don't get the whole trailer thing....

E.B. White said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
post #1509 of 1515 Old 06-24-2015, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Hi

Im thinking about buying one of the mede8er streamers, after getting som recommendation in another thread.

However, I'm need a little help to identify which of the three X3D products I should buy. Im not going to install any HDD, only streaming from a huge nas with nas4free/linux. I have both Bd iso and MKV files. I would probably buy a 3D projector soon so it needs to play that as well.

What is the difference between the three, and which should I get?

Thanks in advance for any help
post #1510 of 1515 Old 06-24-2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonsen View Post
Hi

Im thinking about buying one of the mede8er streamers, after getting som recommendation in another thread.

However, I'm need a little help to identify which of the three X3D products I should buy. Im not going to install any HDD, only streaming from a huge nas with nas4free/linux. I have both Bd iso and MKV files. I would probably buy a 3D projector soon so it needs to play that as well.

For some reason the 1000 box is cheapest in Norway...
post #1511 of 1515 Old 06-24-2015, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Antonsen,
I'd get the 1000 especially if it is cheaper.
I've had the Mede8er for a couple years now.
I also have it connected through a gigabit network to a couple NAS's, but I still get laggs once in awhile with full BD or ISO's if using DTS HD or TRUE DOLBY. And almost always get buffering laggs if watching BD or ISO 3D movies.
Never had a problem with any MKV's.
Now i put all 3D ISO or BD on either the 4TB HD i put in the mede8er or to a USB connected external HD.
post #1512 of 1515 Old 06-24-2015, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysses191 View Post
Hey Antonsen,
I'd get the 1000 especially if it is cheaper.
I've had the Mede8er for a couple years now.
I also have it connected through a gigabit network to a couple NAS's, but I still get laggs once in awhile with full BD or ISO's if using DTS HD or TRUE DOLBY. And almost always get buffering laggs if watching BD or ISO 3D movies.
Never had a problem with any MKV's.
Now i put all 3D ISO or BD on either the 4TB HD i put in the mede8er or to a USB connected external HD.
Even though I have a Dune Base 3.0, this is exactly what I do: USB connected Hard drives (a Mediasonic 4 bay enclosure, with 3 HDD's in it right now). There's no networking hassle or expensive NAS's to deal with other than ripping the movies to the hard drives over the network.
post #1513 of 1515 Old 06-25-2015, 09:57 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonsen View Post
Hi

The difference between the three is the ability install a HDD, which you can only do on 800 & 1000. Now the difference between those are design from what I've read. I personally have the 600 Cat6 Gigabit connected to a pc housing 5 drives and stream full bitrate 3D and reg MKVs from it without a problem.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
post #1514 of 1515 Old 06-25-2015, 10:32 AM

Thanks for all the advices. I too have cat6 from my nas (12x2tb) to my home cinema, so I hope too only stream aswell. It works flawlessly with my dune 3.0 prime now, but I need a second player.

Guess I´ll buy the 1000 then, since its cheapest for me.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Med1000x3d Hd 3d Multimedia Player
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page