*Official* Mede8er X3D (1000 | 800 | 600) Streamer Thread - Page 53 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

post #1561 of 1579 Old 07-25-2015, 11:13 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I'm afraid I won't be any help to you there, I usually only play one or two movies consecutively and I only have the two file types. I'm also streaming from my NAS and not from an external or internal drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1562 of 1579 Old 08-02-2015, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Trying newest FW, 4.02.....

Back to having some PCM issues.

Had some before with HDMI Passthrough, HDMI Auto, etc., but they got that sorted out.

Now even though the multi-channel PCM HD audio is the default, shows at #1 by the player, the playback bypasses the PCM and goes to an available Dolby track which is not the default, audio track #2 .

Works fine if default, #1 codec, is DolbyTrueHD, or DTS MA and the second codec is Digital Dolby or Dolby Prologic.

Only gets "confused" if default main primary #1 codec is multi-channel PCM. Like in the first few releases of Harry Potter.

Checked, double checked, reset values for default, forced default, for the PCM. And as expected the Mede8er reports the PCM is the first or default #1 codec.

Doesn't matter. Gets ignored.

When I use another one of my streaming devices it accurately detects PCM is the default codec.

Did not go back to previous FW's to test where it quit working. Not like I watch Harry Potter that much. But 310 to Yuma same thing.

Earlier bluray's, at least mine, had PCM for the HD Audio AND it the 800X3D USED to get it right.

I find their support forum not all welcoming for user criticism so thought I'd post the issue here.

I have to manually select the PCM audio track with the Audio function even though it says its ALREADY selected.

Works fine after that. Just an bit of a nuisance.

If it was my Pioneer 1124 it'd not be working even after I manually select it.

E.B. White said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
post #1563 of 1579 Old 08-04-2015, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Looks like they've found some other misc issues with the 4.02 beta release.....

E.B. White said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
post #1564 of 1579 Old 08-07-2015, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Looks like trailers not working.

When Sanji was doing all the work to develop trailer playback I expressed disagreement. Was very much a minority voice.

Objected for 2 reasons. Both stem from the same foundation.

The foundation of my objection is this kind of thing takes time, effort and resources to develop and add code. Focusing on trailers means other functions are NOT being focused on. I wanted focus and resources dedicated to functions that are of higher importance.

Which lead me to this:

1. If I want to watch what amount to ads, trailers, I'll watch the DVD/Bluray not an media file archived through my media player.

2. Since the trailers depend on Youtube all that has to happen is Youtube change ONE thing and the entire trailer watching thing comes crashing down. Despite the time and investment in developing the code.

I was treated harshly.

And guess what? Youtube changed something and now trailers don't work. All that time spent developing and implementing the code out the window. They are looking at using a different source for the trailers. Which of course has to be developed and implemented.

Meanwhile the FW can't detect if there are multiple audio codecs if PCM is the default audio codec.

post #1565 of 1579 Old 08-07-2015, 12:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmiddleton4 View Post
All that time spent developing and implementing the code out the window. They are looking at using a different source for the trailers. Which of course has to be developed and implemented.
With or without trailers, im very happy to have had bought this player in september 2012, has being 3 years of firmware updates and still going strong.

Only premium brands like Oppo or Apple TV3 has this amount of updates for so long.

Portuguese Blog & Forum Discussion about Audio & Video
Visit our Blog & Forum CinemaHIFI.PT
Like cinemahifi on Facebook
post #1566 of 1579 Old 08-07-2015, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Well I'm glad I have mine too. However it is a premium brand. It cost how much more than a basic kind of thing from KDLinks who leaves you mostly on your own? That additional cost is precisely for the support provided that separates it from the others. Their support which includes FW updates is not some kind of "gift" to we owners of the product.

We paid for on-going support when we paid more for these Mede8er players as compared to other brands.

As it should be. I expect nothing free from Sanji.

It would be nice if they'd focus on practical and end user issues than trailers that at a moments notice don't work.

post #1567 of 1579 Old 08-12-2015, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunonegro View Post
Hi!!

I want to buy a mede8er med1000x3d, and I would like to know if anyone who owns one of those has tried to stream movies that are around 40gb. I have a NAS and I would like to stream movies from it. Many media servers claim to have giabit ethernet but they really have 100.

Thanks for your help!

It is not the size of the movie but the actual bit rate. For example: A 4 hour movie can be 40 GB is size when a 2 hour movie can also be 40 GB in size. The 2 hour movie would be more difficult to stream due to higher bit rate. 10/100 is fast enough to stream any movie to a media player. 10/100 on a healthy lan can support up to 88mb/s. No Blu-ray 3D or 2D reaches that number.

I've paid for my sins. We're even!
post #1568 of 1579 Old 08-12-2015, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry2456 View Post
It doesn't. Sorry, I should have added that my wireless is using a main router and a bridge, both AC.
So in effect the unit is hardwired. If this is true it is impressive as wireless can be saturated very quickly when streaming high-bit rate content. I would hold judgement unit I can do my own testing. My entire home is wired for Cat 6 so no wireless required other than for phones and tablets but your statement is interesting none the less. How far is the bridge?

post #1569 of 1579 Old 08-12-2015, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by funhouse69 View Post
2) Yes - As long as you share it on the network your Mede8er will be able to access it
LOL He said no network or something like that!

post #1570 of 1579 Old 08-15-2015, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

"It is not the size of the movie but the actual bit rate."

Certainly true but with these units their hardware does impact real world network performance. So using what are the specs for a particular network topology/infrastructure becomes irrelevant quickly.

The SOC design causing network performance degradation is not unique for these units in terms of it being a Meder8er thing. It exist with every unit that is built on this platform.

My advice is toss what "should be" out the window.

Do your own testing in your home theater network environment. You can go any way you wish, start with very large files with no compression, see how they play. If you get stalls and stutters, well you know you need to do some compression. If you aren't using a huge projection screen type system you can get away with some compression and not degrade what you see as the final video.

My personal opinion, and I know what they say about those, IF you need the absolute best highest quality image reproduction and some do use the original source via the bluray and a bluray player.

In my home theater what I've found despite any "should be specs" my 3D archives to play back with no issues are stored on the internal hard drive in the 800X3D. My NAS's store non-3D and I compress them on their way to MKV's currently with DVDFab.

I have a 60 inch Sharp and the picture is amazing even when compressed a bit.

Test it and see what works for you and your home theater system. Technical specs are not going to tell you what works or doesn't in your setting.

One of the advantages in my humble opinion again for HTPC's is avoiding this SOC thing. With an HTPC the network muscle is not integrated into the chip that is also doing the video/audio decoding.

post #1571 of 1579 Old 08-23-2015, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Would someone who owns a Mede8er 800X please tell me if I can create video playlists. I want to play my own downloaded trailers, custom video from iVipid and then a movie after that. Thanks.
post #1572 of 1579 Old 08-23-2015, 11:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by realcodeguy View Post
Would someone who owns a Mede8er 800X please tell me if I can create video playlists. I want to play my own downloaded trailers, custom video from iVipid and then a movie after that. Thanks.
I have the MED600x3D which is the same just without the drive bay and no there isn't a "Playlist" BUT if you put all of the videos in a single folder and name them accordingly it will play them in the order they are in or you can browse the folder and play them individually.

Denon AVR-X7200 - Klipsch RF-82 II Fronts, RC-62 II Center, RS-52 II Surrounds & R-112SW & Four CDT-5800-C II Ceilings for an Atmos 5.1.4 Setup.
post #1573 of 1579 Old 08-24-2015, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 83
If anyone is interested I just posted a 600x3D in the classified section.
post #1574 of 1579 Old 08-24-2015, 05:33 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
I have the MED600x3D which is the same just without the drive bay and no there isn't a "Playlist" BUT if you put all of the videos in a single folder and name them accordingly it will play them in the order they are in or you can browse the folder and play them individually.
Thanks for the reply, that's good information to know. It wouldn't be ideal, but it could work.
post #1575 of 1579 Old 08-25-2015, 07:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Or you could make one video file by appending each piece into one bigger video and playback in the order you wish. No playlist needed.

post #1576 of 1579 Old Yesterday, 03:08 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 25
can someone tell me how to do a firmware update on a x3d please , is the option to do a firmware update in the system menu ? i cant find it ?

cheers
post #1577 of 1579 Old Yesterday, 03:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signs View Post
can someone tell me how to do a firmware update on a x3d please , is the option to do a firmware update in the system menu ? i cant find it ?

cheers
There are two methods mentioned in the manual, it took a few tries until I found out that my units USB Ports were dead and had to swap out my unit. After that it worked fine.

Download the latest MED600X3D Firmware from www.mede8erforum.com. UnZIP or UnRAR

Copy this file to the root directory of a Flash Drive. Plug the USB Flash drive into one of the USB Host Ports on the MED600X3D.

DO NOT REMOVE POWER DURING THE EMERGENCY RECOVERY PROCEDURE.

Setup Menu Update with Auto Configuration Restore
Open the Setup Menu and select the “Misc” tab. Now select USB upgrade option. After +- 5 sec the screen will display the current Firmware Version and the New Firmware Version. You will have the option to select “OK” or “Cancel”. Select “OK” and the MED600X3D will reboot and after +- 10 seconds the update process will begin. During the update process the top Navigation Buttons LED will flash and you should see an install progress bar on your TV screen. After the update is complete the MED600X3D will reboot with the new firmware installed.

If the MED600X3D does not reboot within 5 seconds (after pressing the "Enter" button) then press the "Home" button to initiate USB Host Port Press on/off button for 20 Sec

Emergency Method (Resets Configuration to Default)
Disconnect the power jack at the rear of the MED600X3D then plug it back in - Now press the on/off button and hold it pressed for 20 seconds and then release. After approximately 15 seconds the LED on the MED600X3D will flash blue and you will get a progress bar on your TV display (some TV's will not display this) wait until the MED600X3D re boots itself +- 60 sec. Your MED600X3D firmware is now updated
Signs likes this.

Denon AVR-X7200 - Klipsch RF-82 II Fronts, RC-62 II Center, RS-52 II Surrounds & R-112SW & Four CDT-5800-C II Ceilings for an Atmos 5.1.4 Setup.
post #1578 of 1579 Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
There are two methods mentioned in the manual, it took a few tries until I found out that my units USB Ports were dead and had to swap out my unit. After that it worked fine.

Download the latest MED600X3D Firmware from www.mede8erforum.com. UnZIP or UnRAR

Copy this file to the root directory of a Flash Drive. Plug the USB Flash drive into one of the USB Host Ports on the MED600X3D.

DO NOT REMOVE POWER DURING THE EMERGENCY RECOVERY PROCEDURE.

Setup Menu Update with Auto Configuration Restore
Open the Setup Menu and select the “Misc” tab. Now select USB upgrade option. After +- 5 sec the screen will display the current Firmware Version and the New Firmware Version. You will have the option to select “OK” or “Cancel”. Select “OK” and the MED600X3D will reboot and after +- 10 seconds the update process will begin. During the update process the top Navigation Buttons LED will flash and you should see an install progress bar on your TV screen. After the update is complete the MED600X3D will reboot with the new firmware installed.

If the MED600X3D does not reboot within 5 seconds (after pressing the "Enter" button) then press the "Home" button to initiate USB Host Port Press on/off button for 20 Sec

Emergency Method (Resets Configuration to Default)
Disconnect the power jack at the rear of the MED600X3D then plug it back in - Now press the on/off button and hold it pressed for 20 seconds and then release. After approximately 15 seconds the LED on the MED600X3D will flash blue and you will get a progress bar on your TV display (some TV's will not display this) wait until the MED600X3D re boots itself +- 60 sec. Your MED600X3D firmware is now updated
Blimey , seems a bit long winded , but thanks for the reply / help :-)
post #1579 of 1579 Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Just follow instructions at the bottom of the latest firmware thread. Currently it is Beta v4.0.2: http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.ph...c,16528.0.html

I am currently on Beta 4.0.1 and love it. People say 4.0.2 is even more stable/snappier so I will be upgrading once I can find some proper down time.

Basement
Samsung 51" PN51D7000 | Mede8er MED600X3D | Roku 3 | Panasonic BDT110 | 30TB+ ZFS
Denon AVR-2113CI | Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1 LCR | Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE | PSA XV15
Living Room
Sony 65" KDL65W850A | Mede8er MED600X3D | Wii
Denon AVR-X1000 | JBL Studio 530 | JBL Studio 520C | Outlaw LFM-1 EX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Med1000x3d Hd 3d Multimedia Player
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page