*Official* Mede8er X3D (1000 | 800 | 600) Streamer Thread - Page 53 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1561 of 1562 Old 07-25-2015, 11:13 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I'm afraid I won't be any help to you there, I usually only play one or two movies consecutively and I only have the two file types. I'm also streaming from my NAS and not from an external or internal drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1562 of 1562 Old Today, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Trying newest FW, 4.02.....

Back to having some PCM issues.

Had some before with HDMI Passthrough, HDMI Auto, etc., but they got that sorted out.

Now even though the multi-channel PCM HD audio is the default, shows at #1 by the player, the playback bypasses the PCM and goes to an available Dolby track which is not the default, audio track #2 .

Works fine if default, #1 codec, is DolbyTrueHD, or DTS MA and the second codec is Digital Dolby or Dolby Prologic.

Only gets "confused" if default main primary #1 codec is multi-channel PCM. Like in the first few releases of Harry Potter.

Checked, double checked, reset values for default, forced default, for the PCM. And as expected the Mede8er reports the PCM is the first or default #1 codec.

Doesn't matter. Gets ignored.

When I use another one of my streaming devices it accurately detects PCM is the default codec.

Did not go back to previous FW's to test where it quit working. Not like I watch Harry Potter that much. But 310 to Yuma same thing.

Earlier bluray's, at least mine, had PCM for the HD Audio AND it the 800X3D USED to get it right.

I find their support forum not all welcoming for user criticism so thought I'd post the issue here.

I have to manually select the PCM audio track with the Audio function even though it says its ALREADY selected.

Works fine after that. Just an bit of a nuisance.

If it was my Pioneer 1124 it'd not be working even after I manually select it.

E.B. White said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Med1000x3d Hd 3d Multimedia Player
Gear in this thread