AVS Forum banner

*Official* Mede8er X3D (1000 | 800 | 600) Streamer Thread

179K views 2K replies 206 participants last post by  sharok 
#1 ·
 http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2012/07/16/med1000x3d-high-definition-3d-multimedia-player-announced/

Just announced:
Quote:
Mede8er MD1000X3D Landing Soon

The long awaited 3D Multimedia player from Mede8er is landing soon.

Mede8er has achieved the ultimate balance in design and functionality with the all new MED1000X3D High Definition 3D Multimedia Player. It may look like an alien spaceship from outer space, but we can assure you that it was designed and developed by very passionate people right here on Earth.

Quick and simple is the Mede8er way. No need to install special brackets etc. Create a bookshelf of Hard Drive storage and you will never be short of space again.

Ergonomic IR remote with full active backlighting and user programmable function button. It is normally very difficult to see the remote buttons in a dark TV Room. If you are wearing 3D glasses Its near impossible. The MED1000X3D remote with active back lighting makes it so simple without the need for removing the glasses every time you want to use the remote.

3D VIDEO Support – Full BDISO, Side by Side, Top & Bottom, Frame Sequential, Frame Packing

Main Features

Full 3D – HDMI 1.4 – Play 3D BD-ISO

Complete Aluminium Die Cast Casing – Fanless Design

Mede8er Xbay – Easy Hard Drive Change – Up to 3 TB

Active Backlit Remote with Self Learning Hot Button

Mede8er Developed Movie & Music JukeBox – Database Driven

Web Services, YouTube XL , Web Browser

Built in Mede8er Favourites Manager

Community Skins and Ways Backdrop Customization

HD Audio – 7.1 DTSMA & Dolby True HD

Fast USB 3.0 & Gbit Network Port

0dB Noise excluding internal Hard Drive

Features

Music Jukebox Local and Network support

Built in View Manager

Compatible with MAC HFS+ USB Drives

Movie XML Med Data in Media Library

Video JukeBox XML Search

All Aluminium Body – Fanless Design

Hard Drive Spin Down Function

Alpha Search in Media Library

Xbay – easy Hard Drive swop

Internal Hard Drive up to 3TB

Built in Favourites Manager

Internet Media Streams

Social Media

Watched Indicator

Built in Web Browser

Optional WiFi USB / PCIE

Internet Radio (Shoutcast)

Full Parental control on Folders

SD Card / Sony Pro Duo Card Slot

Samba Server – NAS storage

Photo slide show with background music

Photo slide show with background music

Subtitle: SRT, SSA, SUB, SMI format

Network – Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbps port

Specifications

Processor: RTD1186 • 750Mhz • 512 SLC Flash • 512 DDR3 SDRAM

Video Formats Supported: AVI / BDMV Light / BDISO Light / MKV / TS / TP / TRP / M2TS / MPG / MP4 / MOV / M4V / VOB / ISO / IFO / DAT / WMV / ASF / RM / RMVB / FLV resolution up to 720p / 1080i / 1080p

3D Video: 3D BDISO, Side by Side, Top & Bottom, Frame Sequential, Frame Packing

Video Codecs Supported: MPEG-1-2 / MPEG-4 SP /ASP /AVC (H.264) / XviD / DivX / WMV9 (VC-1) / RealVideo 8/9/10 (up to 720P)

Audio Codec Supported: Mp3 / Mp2 / OGG Vorbis / PCM / LPCM / AAC / RA / Dolby True HD – DTS MA Passthrough on HDMI / AC3 – DTS 5.1 / FLAC up to 24bit 192Khz / WAV / WMA Standard (DRM, & Advanced Profile not supported)

Photo format Supported: JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, PNG File System Supported: FAT32, NTFS, HFS+ (Mac) Video output resolution: NTSC, PAL, 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 1080p 24hz Input /

Outputs: HDMI 1.4 • Component Video • Composite Video • Stereo RCA • SD • SDHC • Sony Pro Duo Card Slot • SPDIF Optical • Co-Ax Digital • Slave Port USB 3.0, HOST Port x 2 USB 2.0 • IR Jack

Optional WiFi: MED10WFB or MED20PCIE (WiFi is optional unless otherwise stated on the packaging)

Optional Hard Drive: Internal Hard Drive is optional unless otherwise stated on the packaging.

Contents: MED1000X3D, RC, 2 x AA Batteries, AC Adapter, HDMI 1.4 Cable, AV Cable, USB3.0 Cable, HDD Securing Screws.

Specifications subject to change without notice.

DTS, DTS-HD, the Symbol, & DTS or DTS-HD and the Symbol together are registered trademarks of DTS, Inc. © DTS, Inc.

See less See more
#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamerlover  /t/1420605/med1000x3d-high-definition-3d-multimedia-player#post_22228710

GusGus...WHAT are you talking about? There are NO ISSUES at all with those players! They play everything 100% no Issues!

Have you not read Canton160's posts???!!!

If there are any "issues" it must be your display or your equipment....

Got it.

I wonder if it is going to have a jukebox too?

#7 ·
Yup, that's the expectation. Mede8er uses a hybrid jukebox as Damian reported in his 500X2 review. It uses YAMJ, but Mede8er uses its own YAMJ-to-Mede8er tool. It makes YAMJ easier to use. Also, Mede8er has better support than others in this media streamers space, so I'm hopeful this player will also do 23.976 correctly for movies and all the other things for 3D (like playlist select, invert synch, etc.).

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh  /t/1420605/med1000x3d-high-definition-3d-multimedia-player#post_22229758

Yup, that's the expectation. Mede8er uses a hybrid jukebox as Damian reported in his 500X2 review. It uses YAMJ, but Mede8er uses its own YAMJ-to-Mede8er tool. It makes YAMJ easier to use. Also, Mede8er has better support than others in this media streamers space, so I'm hopeful this player will also do 23.976 correctly for movies and all the other things for 3D (like playlist select, invert synch, etc.).

That's what I am hoping as well. I also agree that they have better support than the other 1186 chip based players. I am hoping Mede8er does well with this player. I am also hoping the price for this player isn't going to be outrageous like the Dunes are now.

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh  /t/1420605/med1000x3d-high-definition-3d-multimedia-player#post_22230959

Right, price will be a factor. Hoping there will be different player options... I don't need wifi and internal HDD. But, HDD-less probably won't be offered judging by their 1185-based models.

Same with me. I don't need wireless or internal hard drive option. May be later on, they will have the option for a slimmer non internal hard 1186 media player.

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamerlover  /t/1420605/med1000x3d-high-definition-3d-multimedia-player#post_22228710

GusGus...WHAT are you talking about? There are NO ISSUES at all with those players! They play everything 100% no Issues!

Have you not read Canton160's posts???!!!

If there are any "issues" it must be your display or your equipment....

Very Very funny--rolling on the floor ---so true tho--he gives me entertainment I normally have to pay for--comedy

This looks like another hard drive cooker--where is the ventilation--arent they learning anything.

I would not risk my hdd's dying early thru heat

it was bad enough with my 900b

I wont even look at anything unless it has decent cooling

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by denass  /t/1420605/med1000x3d-high-definition-3d-multimedia-player#post_22231823

Very Very funny--rolling on the floor ---so true tho--he gives me entertainment I normally have to pay for--comedy

This looks like another hard drive cooker--where is the ventilation--arent they learning anything.

I would not risk my hdd's dying early thru heat

it was bad enough with my 900b

I wont even look at anything unless it has decent cooling
Bah! I care nothing for the hard drive slot and wireless. If it plays media the way it is SUPPOSED to and I can stream from my unraid system I will buy one. It would be nice to be able to stream my 3D blu ray iso images rather than having to to hook them up to my Oppo. As I am now at 10TB's of just 3D stuff that is a big deal to me. Of course this is all wishful thinking until we can get one of these things...

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh  /t/1420605/med1000x3d-high-definition-3d-multimedia-player#post_22234396

Looking at this , looks like the non-HDD, non-wifi model will be about US$368. Kinda pricey.

I would happily pay that amount if it works as it should...

Of course, I may be in the minority.. Everyone here seems to have champagne taste and a beer budget...

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamerlover  /t/1420605/med1000x3d-high-definition-3d-multimedia-player#post_22233802

Bah! I care nothing for the hard drive slot and wireless. If it plays media the way it is SUPPOSED to and I can stream from my unraid system I will buy one. It would be nice to be able to stream my 3D blu ray iso images rather than having to to hook them up to my Oppo. As I am now at 10TB's of just 3D stuff that is a big deal to me. Of course this is all wishful thinking until we can get one of these things...

If you dont use a hdd slot then no problem with the heat of course

I mentioned it for those and me that want a internal hdd slot

For the price and having the slot then it should have adequate hdd cooling

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamerlover  /t/1420605/med1000x3d-high-definition-3d-multimedia-player#post_22234562

I would happily pay that amount if it works as it should...

Of course, I may be in the minority.. Everyone here seems to have champagne taste and a beer budget...

I have spent tens of thousands on my current system and would pay happily for any product that works as it is suppose to

To Date only my dune does but that doesnt do 3d and uses a great juke box too

Many have been burnt getting a player that doesnt work as it is supposed to.

Many have bought alot of different brands and not happy like me with the 900b himedia POS

So people are now cautious about whats out there and many waiting on a player that works well out of the box

I am now very selective on what I want in a player regardless of price and hense why I am regularly here looking as I am sure many others are with the money to spend

#18 ·
I too, am watching on the side lines as to find a better 3D media player. Does anyone know how well Mede8er build quality, and support is? Their forum isn't working today for me. If this new device has good firmware support, little launch bugs, Mac OS X friendly, and great forum support from the devs and manufacturer, then I may go with mede8ter. I'm not happy how sigma with syabas is not resolving Disney Bluray multibranching files and HD sound issues on my A-300.

#19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaxledentaldj  /t/1420605/med1000x3d-high-definition-3d-multimedia-player#post_22237193

I too, am watching on the side lines as to find a better 3D media player. Does anyone know how well Mede8er build quality, and support is? Their forum isn't working today for me. If this new device has good firmware support, little launch bugs, Mac OS X friendly, and great forum support from the devs and manufacturer, then I may go with mede8ter. I'm not happy how sigma with syabas is not resolving Disney Bluray multibranching files and HD sound issues on my A-300.

I ripped all my movies with ClownBD as main movie only as M2TS file. This fixed with multibranching issue. I used to own a Mede8er MED500X2, which was an excellent player. I regret selling it.

#23 ·
On the 3D BD-ISO front, the following are musts:
  1. Ability to select which playlist to play. Crucial for titles like 'Cars 2' 3D in which the Spanish credits playlist is largest/longest and plays by default in 1186 players I've tried, and titles like 'Grand Canyon (IMAX)' 3D in which the largest/longest playlist is the making-of, not the main feature. HiMedia and Micca players have fixed this via playlist select using BD-lite option.
  2. Ability to invert synch. Crucial for titles like 'Rio' 3D, 'Drive Angry' 3D and others which are right-eye first, not the usual left-eye first 3D BDs. HiMedia and Micca players have fixed this via 'Menu' button pop-up options.
  3. Proper 23.976 for 3D film-based BDs, which is most of them. HiMedia and Micca players have NOT fixed this; it's still 24.000 for 23.976 material.
  4. Support for forced subs. Crucial in 'Avatar' 3D for those of us who don't understand native Na'vi
    . HiMedia and Micca players have NOT fixed this. Maybe this is a Realtek issue as I don't see forced subs supported in any 1185 and 1186 players to date.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.