Need an appthat can rip CD into FLAC very conveniently - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-21-2012, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been researching what app to rip my entire CD collection into FLAC files. I have over 400 CDs. So, convenience and ease of use is an important factor. I like what iTune does. In iTune, you can set the software in a way that it will rip the entire CD as soon as you put in the CD and then eject the CD as soon as the ripping is done. So far I found app that can do the ripping but not this convenient. Anyone knows of such app that is like iTune but for FLAC?? Thank you a ton!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-22-2012, 05:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenyywong View Post

I've been researching what app to rip my entire CD collection into FLAC files. I have over 400 CDs. So, convenience and ease of use is an important factor. I like what iTune does. In iTune, you can set the software in a way that it will rip the entire CD as soon as you put in the CD and then eject the CD as soon as the ripping is done. So far I found app that can do the ripping but not this convenient. Anyone knows of such app that is like iTune but for FLAC?? Thank you a ton!!!

The 2 best programs...in my opinion, of course (but I think it's pretty much a given for the community as well)...for ripping are dBpoweramp and EAC. I think dBpoweramp definitely gets the edge, in being easier to set-up and use...but I don't know if you'd consider it to be as "automatic" and "easy" as iTunes. You have to press a button or 2 my man wink.gif

CD

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
post #3 of 3 Old 07-22-2012, 06:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I'd also like to add my support for dbPoweramp CD Ripper. It works very well, and tries very hard to ensure you have a good rip.

But setting it up for an insert-rip-eject cycle may not be a good idea. The reason I say that is that the metadata (album tile, artist names, track names, etc.) that is fetched comes from the Internet, and sometimes that is user submitted data that really needs some clean up. I have seen such sins as ALL CAPS, or strange capitalization, and even occasionally just plain wrong data. I always review the metadata before ripping to ensure it's what I want.

Mike
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page