I purchased a Samsung 8000 series LED TV roughly a year ago and was having no problems streaming HD content from my PC to my TV until recently. I had some remodeling on the home done a few months ago and as a result had to disconnect my setup for a weeks. Since then I have run into a problem when trying to stream HD movies from my PC to my TV and have run out of troubleshooting ideas on how to fix it.
Potentially relevant info:
- Currently just have the TV and the digital cable box hooked up with a hard-wired cat5 connecting the TV to the router.
- Computer is more than cable of playing HD videos itself and has no problems there. Computer specs are as follows: i5, 6850, 7200RPM HDD
- I have tried both the default samsung AllShare software and Serviio; they both result in the same Loading... messages every few seconds when trying to play HD video, but work fine with SD and lower quality resolution.
- My download and upload speeds are the exact same as they were months ago when the setup was working just fine; 5 down and 0.5 up when hard-wired.
- My router is a linksys WRT160N and was moved to a different spot; roughly ~4 feet from its old location.
I am still somewhat new to the whole streaming thing and was hoping someone on this forum has had a similar problem that they resolved or if anyone out there has any ideas on what could be wrong