Mini 1080 Media Player - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 08-16-2012, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got my Mini1080 Media Player. $32.27 from eBay. It took 4 days to arrive from a US seller.

Comes with everything below.
mp0007440156304.jpg

mp0007102444569.jpg

mp0007202444945.jpg
Quote:
Features

• USB HOST: can drive external USB storage devices such as USB pen drive, and play or manage files on them.
  • Build-in USB 2.0 storage, with 10MB capacities.
  • SD/SDHC reader: directly read SD/SDHC card, and play or manage files on TV, can read SD/SDHC card also on computer.
  • Support HDMI, CVBS, and YPbPr video output.
  • Support AV audio output.
  • Video decoding formats: MKV/AVI/TS/TP/MP4/M4V/MOV/V0B/PMP/MPG/M2TS/FLV/WMV/RM/RMVB/MPEG1 2 4/DIVX(HD 1080P)/WMV9 VC-1/H.264 SP MP HP/H.263 BP
  • Video definition: 1920x1080P Bit rates up to 80Mbps
  • Support audio types: MP3, WMA, OGG, AAC, FLAC, APE, AC3, DTS, ATRA.
  • Photo: JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP.
  • Support Repeat, Zoom, FF, BF, Rotate functions.
  • Resume play function: auto play from the break point.
  • File management: can manage the files in devices connected to, manage delete or copy between each others.
  • Support external subtitles: SRT/ASS(UTF8, GBK, BIG5, etc.)
  • For convenience, a remote control is provided.
  • OSD Language: Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese.

I just tested a few of my .avi, .mp4, and .mkv movie files on my Panasonic 50" plasma tv with an HDMI cable. They all look great and plays smooth. I used a WD Passport 2.5" portable HDD, which is 4x bigger than this device eek.gif I haven't tested using an SD card or a USB thumb drive yet. I'm sure it works, I hope redface.gif

You can forward the movie from 1.4x up to 32x and it has play from last stop feature. So if you stop a movie in the middle, it will ask if you want to resume play.

The subtitles also works, and you have the option of changing the text size and color.

The UI is straight forward and simple. It took me 15secs to figure out how to play a movie. Then a few more minutes to go through all the menus on how to changes settings.

I have a WD TV Live media player that I use at home on my home theater system. It has WiFi and I stream all my movies from my PC in my upstairs bedroom. I wanted this primarily for my cabin in the Poconos, so I didn't need WiFi. I just wanted a cheap media player that can play most video formats and this fit the bill. I have a 32" LED tv there and I've been bringing my 17" laptop with HDMI output to play my movies. With this little device, I can just throw it in my bag or even just leave it there.

This is just my first impressions. We'll see how long this little device will last. It's so tiny tongue.gif It measures 2.5" x 2.25". As you can see, the remote is longer that it. I will give it two weeks before I give the eBay seller any Feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-16-2012, 04:36 PM

Liked: 11
can you test a dvd iso file and see if it plays it like the original dvd. i have a use for some of these if it does...
post #3 of 8 Old 08-16-2012, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry but I don't have any iso files frown.gif But from the features list, it doesn't look like it does iso files.
post #4 of 8 Old 08-16-2012, 08:26 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 24
It does indeed support .iso:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1279023/the-specs-on-a-new-hd-media-player

The chipset has support for it built in (apparently).
post #5 of 8 Old 08-17-2012, 05:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiddles88 View Post

It does indeed support .iso:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1279023/the-specs-on-a-new-hd-media-player
The chipset has support for it built in (apparently).

I'm sorry, but I went up and down and up that thread (which is 2 years old), and did not find any mention of this media player can "indeed" play DVD .iso files confused.gif
post #6 of 8 Old 12-16-2012, 08:58 PM

Hi there I was wondering if you could help me with something. I bought the same player as you have. I have the problem that the videos are far too red. I found the functions and in there is a menu called Color. But the problem is I can't figure out how to navigate to it. If I press the "Funct" key on the remote it opens the functions menu and folds down the subtitles menu. There is no way to navigate to the right and select colors. There is nothing in the manual. Could you please tell me how you navigate the functions menu? I tried the left right arrows but with no effect.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers

Peter
post #7 of 8 Old 02-19-2013, 12:54 PM

Please, can you say... How I can add subtitles but UTF-8?? I ad it but they don't read it.... I'm srry I am Bosnian and I don't no so much English... biggrin.gif
post #8 of 8 Old 02-19-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selak Ramiz View Post

Please, can you say... How I can add subtitles but UTF-8?? I ad it but they don't read it.... I'm srry I am Bosnian and I don't no so much English... biggrin.gif

Sorry on DP, but I forgot... How I can add subtitles with UTF-8??
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page