I just got my Mini1080 Media Player. $32.27 from eBay.
It took 4 days to arrive from a US seller.
Comes with everything below.
- USB HOST: can drive external USB storage devices such as USB pen drive, and play or manage files on them.
- Build-in USB 2.0 storage, with 10MB capacities.
- SD/SDHC reader: directly read SD/SDHC card, and play or manage files on TV, can read SD/SDHC card also on computer.
- Support HDMI, CVBS, and YPbPr video output.
- Support AV audio output.
- Video decoding formats: MKV/AVI/TS/TP/MP4/M4V/MOV/V0B/PMP/MPG/M2TS/FLV/WMV/RM/RMVB/MPEG1 2 4/DIVX(HD 1080P)/WMV9 VC-1/H.264 SP MP HP/H.263 BP
- Video definition: 1920x1080P Bit rates up to 80Mbps
- Support audio types: MP3, WMA, OGG, AAC, FLAC, APE, AC3, DTS, ATRA.
- Photo: JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP.
- Support Repeat, Zoom, FF, BF, Rotate functions.
- Resume play function: auto play from the break point.
- File management: can manage the files in devices connected to, manage delete or copy between each others.
- Support external subtitles: SRT/ASS(UTF8, GBK, BIG5, etc.)
- For convenience, a remote control is provided.
- OSD Language: Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese.
I just tested a few of my .avi, .mp4, and .mkv movie files on my Panasonic 50" plasma tv with an HDMI cable. They all look great and plays smooth. I used a WD Passport 2.5" portable HDD, which is 4x bigger than this device
I haven't tested using an SD card or a USB thumb drive yet. I'm sure it works, I hope
You can forward the movie from 1.4x up to 32x and it has play from last stop feature. So if you stop a movie in the middle, it will ask if you want to resume play.
The subtitles also works, and you have the option of changing the text size and color.
The UI is straight forward and simple. It took me 15secs to figure out how to play a movie. Then a few more minutes to go through all the menus on how to changes settings.
I have a WD TV Live media player that I use at home on my home theater system. It has WiFi and I stream all my movies from my PC in my upstairs bedroom. I wanted this primarily for my cabin in the Poconos, so I didn't need WiFi. I just wanted a cheap media player that can play most video formats and this fit the bill. I have a 32" LED tv there and I've been bringing my 17" laptop with HDMI output to play my movies. With this little device, I can just throw it in my bag or even just leave it there.
This is just my first impressions. We'll see how long this little device will last. It's so tiny
It measures 2.5" x 2.25". As you can see, the remote is longer that it. I will give it two weeks before I give the eBay seller any Feedback.