Headless Sony SMP-N200 as Music Streamer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-24-2012, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought a Sony SMP-N200 and want to use it as a DLNA music streamer. I don't plan on using it to serve video. I'd like to temporarily connect it to a TV for setup and run headless thereafter. My thought is that I'll connect the red/white RCA cables from the device to the input on my stereo amp hidden away in the closet and control content selection via my iPhone, my wife's android tablet, or, ideally, any connected pc/laptop on the network. I want to be able to play networked stored/shared .mp3s, pandora, and rhapsody. Is this doable?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-24-2012, 02:07 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeandi View Post

I bought a Sony SMP-N200 and want to use it as a DLNA music streamer. I don't plan on using it to serve video. I'd like to temporarily connect it to a TV for setup and run headless thereafter. My thought is that I'll connect the red/white RCA cables from the device to the input on my stereo amp hidden away in the closet and control content selection via my iPhone, my wife's android tablet, or, ideally, any connected pc/laptop on the network. I want to be able to play networked stored/shared .mp3s, pandora, and rhapsody. Is this doable?

Does the N200 offer a Android/iOS App? If so you might be able to do it that way?
post #3 of 4 Old 08-24-2012, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I watched a youtube video on their app and it looks like it's basically a remote to interact with an on TV gui. I am hoping there is a 3rd-party app that brings the gui to the device.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-28-2012, 08:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeandi View Post

I watched a youtube video on their app and it looks like it's basically a remote to interact with an on TV gui. I am hoping there is a 3rd-party app that brings the gui to the device.
A

For ios. Sony network audio remote.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page