Micca MPlay-HD only worked about 12 times - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-28-2012, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought the mplay-hd two months ago and have only been able to watch 10-12 movies in that time. A few days ago I went to turn it on and all it showed on the screen was "please wait...". This went on for quite a while, so after moving on to something else I came back a few hours later and it still said "please wait...". Has anyone ever seen that? It won't let me go to the menu or even turn it off. After a few hours I had to unplug it to turn it off. That didn't help. I tried everything I could think of before emailing Micca tech support. I now have a new rule for purchases, nothing from any company who doesn't publish a phone number, ever.

Tech support emailed back Sunday evening, asking for more information. I sent the information and they responded that I need to re-flash the firmware and provided the link to the instructions and download. But in order to do that I'd have to be able to navigate through the menu, which I can't do. So I wrote back first thing Monday morning sharing this little tidbit. Since then tech support has gone dark, no response. I also sent jack@micca a pm saturday but haven't heard from him yet. Family members have now ordered three of these after seeing mine and one friend has done the same. I now feel bad knowing there's a good chance they won't last long and won't get timely support (if any, still tbd), so I have recommended that they send them back before Amazon's 30 day return period expires.

If anyone has any advice on how to fix this I would love to hear it. If not, I would love a recommendation for a replacement. What I liked about the mplay was the fact that it can display cover art rather than just a listing of all movies. So I need to find a replacement that will do the same. I don't care about streaming. And the manufacturer must have a phone, and preferably have someone answering that phone at least 5 days a week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-29-2012, 05:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Nevermind, I found the recovery re-flash instructions. I wish they had sent those instructions the first time.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page