Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 21 Old 08-30-2012, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello

I need a media player that can play blu-ray ISO whether it's 2d or 3D

It will be my first media player so I am new to using media players and have some questions

I red a lot of post on this forum talking about the Incorrect output frame rate for 23.976fps 3D videos. Players outputs 24Hz instead of 23.976Hz. which is an issue with almost all the media players that use Realtek 1186 3D Chipset excluding the new MED1000X3D....... and I don't know about Xtreamer Prodigy if it got the issue or not.

Since Mede8er MED1000X3D is not on Amazon yet. I found this new released player KDLINKS HD700 it uses the Realtek 1186 chipest and since it's new I didn't find any review about it, except from people who bought it from Amazon but not so many reviews only 5 reviews. The older model of KDLinks media players is KDLinks HD680 and it got an excellent positive rating almost 5 stars from a lot of buyers on Amazon. So i wonder anyone on this froum got any clue about the KDLinks HD700, Dose it have the stutter issue with 23.976fps 3D videos.

Before i ask here i searched with google for some reviews about KDLinks HD700 but all I got was pages that was copied and pasted from the KDLinks company website and I got no luck finding a forum for users of this company's media players.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 08-30-2012, 05:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Forget Xtreamer. I'd rank them near the bottom overall for quality and support (or lack of I should say). Your best bet at present is Mede8er's 1000X3D. It's the best 3D ISO streamer to date, even with the few bugs they're aggressively trying to squash.
Kmys likes this.

HD Media Keen Videosaurus
post #3 of 21 Old 08-30-2012, 05:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Dune will be showing their new generation players next week at the CEDIA expo. They are able to play 3D content.
Kmys likes this.
post #4 of 21 Old 08-30-2012, 06:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Yep, will be keeping an eye on their 3D offerings. We don't know enough on what the Sigma SMP8673 chip will offer Realtek's 1186 doesn't, or what it'll do better. Also, as it's a new chip, it will no doubt have bugs that will take a while to iron out.

post #5 of 21 Old 08-30-2012, 06:05 AM

Yeah, I think I'd wait a couple of months before buying a mediaplayer now, and see what these new models are capable of.
post #6 of 21 Old 08-30-2012, 07:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by trondmm View Post

Yeah, I think I'd wait a couple of months before buying a mediaplayer now, and see what these new models are capable of.
The new players also need to be priced at 149 usd or less.
post #7 of 21 Old 08-30-2012, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

That price point may be a tall order, for a while anyway. Even the well-regarded 2D streamers are $179+ (PCH, Dune, Mede8er).

post #8 of 21 Old 08-30-2012, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by csrini1 View Post

The new players also need to be priced at 149 usd or less.

The only one at the price would be the Micca players. Dune will most likely be double that price.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Home Theater Set Up:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 21 Old 08-31-2012, 12:29 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you all I guess I have to wait a couple of weeks or months before I buy a Dune 3D media player or wait for MED1000X3D to show up on Amazon.
The KDLinks HD700 after I checked on some of the reviews seem to have some fake reviewers so I wouldn't buy or recommend it.
post #10 of 21 Old 09-10-2012, 03:28 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I just recently bought the KDlink700 and it is very solid. I have played a BD 3D ISO without issue. It has also chewed through MKV and AVI files. The remote works fine and the player is pretty much plug and play. I have a Yamaha receiver and a 82" DLP Mits, the picture and sound look as good as the files will allow. My daughter watched the DB 3 ISO of Spy Kids 4D and it looked great. I highly recommend this as a HDMI connected player, the streaming aspect was to troubled for me so I went direct. If you are looking for LAN or wireless connection I cannot promise it will run stutter free and without issues, depends on you configuration and wireless strength. Unless of course everything is connected via LAN, then it should work fine. I would buy another if I had 3D in another room, I might even do it if I ever get around to ripping my DVD collection and putting it on an external hardrive, one day perhaps and then I will get another one of these.
post #11 of 21 Old 03-21-2013, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaccool View Post

I just recently bought the KDlink700 and it is very solid. I have played a BD 3D ISO without issue. It has also chewed through MKV and AVI files. The remote works fine and the player is pretty much plug and play. I have a Yamaha receiver and a 82" DLP Mits, the picture and sound look as good as the files will allow. My daughter watched the DB 3 ISO of Spy Kids 4D and it looked great. I highly recommend this as a HDMI connected player, the streaming aspect was to troubled for me so I went direct. If you are looking for LAN or wireless connection I cannot promise it will run stutter free and without issues, depends on you configuration and wireless strength. Unless of course everything is connected via LAN, then it should work fine. I would buy another if I had 3D in another room, I might even do it if I ever get around to ripping my DVD collection and putting it on an external hardrive, one day perhaps and then I will get another one of these.
Ok - replying to an older post in case it's still being read: what I can't find on this player is the interface. I trust it doesn't have the same jukebox interface as a Popcorn Hour or Mede8er and that it's like a WD Live: you maneuver around through your folders to find the file name you want. Is that correct?

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

post #12 of 21 Old 03-21-2013, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Here's a serious question, without menu support, are bdmv folder / iso support really that valuable? the main value I see is in regards that you can store your movies "whole", but otherwise won't you have possible problems playing them? i.e. you would need to know the correct title (say a Disney animated or star wars film with seamless branching and individual m2ts with translated text right in it). With menus, this all gets set to play the write playlist, but without, you have to know and pick.

(and I know that most likely we will never see a commercial player that supports blu-ray 3d with menus and ignoring cinavia).

just wondering what others think.
post #13 of 21 Old 03-21-2013, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoad View Post

Here's a serious question, without menu support, are bdmv folder / iso support really that valuable? the main value I see is in regards that you can store your movies "whole", but otherwise won't you have possible problems playing them? i.e. you would need to know the correct title (say a Disney animated or star wars film with seamless branching and individual m2ts with translated text right in it). With menus, this all gets set to play the write playlist, but without, you have to know and pick.

(and I know that most likely we will never see a commercial player that supports blu-ray 3d with menus and ignoring cinavia).

just wondering what others think.

I don't see the value in ripping a BD to ISO unless it's 3D. I rip all my 2D BD's to .ts files so they play without failure so it's just the main movie. If I'm interested in any extras i'll put the actual disc in since I rarely ever care about them. Since I rip just the movie and audio tracks I can select the other commentaries so that is also included in the main movie file.

Don't know if that helps answer your question.

post #14 of 21 Old 03-22-2013, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryker View Post

Ok - replying to an older post in case it's still being read: what I can't find on this player is the interface. I trust it doesn't have the same jukebox interface as a Popcorn Hour or Mede8er and that it's like a WD Live: you maneuver around through your folders to find the file name you want. Is that correct?

Yes. I just bought one (and ordered a 2nd for another room). It has a similar interface as WD TV. It loads fast, and plays everything I've thrown at it. It has full DVD menu support, but not BD. It handles folders, ISO's, or single movie files.

I just wish there was more info on their website on how to configure it, etc.
post #15 of 21 Old 03-22-2013, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
btw, for this purpose of playing dvd/blu-rays I am really happy with my neotv 550 (all of $80). Plays basically everything I throw at it (unless its a bad blu-ray rip, but seems to be a bd-j issue more than anything else as other ripping tool, or someone else's rip usually ends up with a working copy and say its a ripping tool issue as md5'ing all the files seems to indcate that those are the only functional differences). Only think it doesn't do for your needs is play 3D.
post #16 of 21 Old 03-25-2013, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

adpayne - what player did you buy? I have the Popcorn Hour A400 and if I read that the latest firmware appears to finally fix the 3D BD ISO playback issues I'll be totally set. Otherwise I'll buy the Mede8er since that machine does everything the A400 does including multiple drives merged into one jukebox. I need a jukebox. We have a WD Live and I hate the 'ugliness' of clicking through to find a title by name.

post #17 of 21 Old 03-25-2013, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:

adpayne - what player did you buy? I have the Popcorn Hour A400 and if I read that the latest firmware appears to finally fix the 3D BD ISO playback issues I'll be totally set. Otherwise I'll buy the Mede8er since that machine does everything the A400 does including multiple drives merged into one jukebox. I need a jukebox. We have a WD Live and I hate the 'ugliness' of clicking through to find a title by name.

The KDLINKS 700. I was responding to your question about that player to another poster.
post #18 of 21 Old 03-26-2013, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post

The KDLINKS 700. I was responding to your question about that player to another poster.

Thanks. Unfortunately I need a jukebox w/the pretty artwork, actor/director info and movie plot.

post #19 of 21 Old 03-26-2013, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 594
Quote:

Thanks. Unfortunately I need a jukebox w/the pretty artwork, actor/director info and movie plot.

Dune, PCH and Mede8er have that. I am not too fond of the Mede8er jukebox though. You'll have to use two different programs one for movies and the other for tv shows. I am not sure how the editing works either when I used it I had a lot of issue with editing.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

Home Theater Set Up:

post #20 of 21 Old 11-09-2013, 09:14 AM

Im thinking about getting one of these (the kdlinks), too ... maybe a used one from the amazon warehouse. but im concerned that the manufacturer rather openly encourages people to give their product 5 stars in exchange for something (not sure about that). that said, even taking this into account, the kdlinks probably would get a rating in excess of 4 even if all the possibly bogus 5s were removed.
post #21 of 21 Old 11-09-2013, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

I wouldn't recommend KDLinks. Get the Mede8er 600X3D (same RTD 1186 chip), PCH A-400 (Sigma chip) or Dune TV303D (different Sigma chip).

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page