1Likes

post #721 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 10:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

The problem is that you're playing files that have been remuxed, removing the DTS-HD audio and lowering the video bitrate from the originals. It's simply not a complete test. Saying that your unit works fine may be true in your case, but overall it's misleading to people that don't know the difference.
I'd be happy to share the same files with you that I shared with halfelite so you can see what I'm talking about.

No,ive tryed avatar 3d DTSHD and worked fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rui Pedro View Post

He could have files that work fine, When I talked it over with werner he said the same thing all of his test files ran fine.
post #723 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Quote:

The problem doesn't always crop up right away. I tested several movies with DTS-HD tracks and had issues with each. On some the problem starts almost immediately, on others took almost 45 minutes into the movie before the dropouts start, but it happened with very one. If Avatar 3D works the whole movie through then great, but I promise you that there are issues with DTS-HD.

Looky here!
post #724 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:

The problem doesn't always crop up right away. I tested several movies with DTS-HD tracks and had issues with each. On some the problem starts almost immediately, on others took almost 45 minutes into the movie before the dropouts start, but it happened with very one. If Avatar 3D works the whole movie through then great, but I promise you that there are issues with DTS-HD.

I wont doubt you,anyways im tempted to make another homemovie like the one earlyer in this post for people to see,the file is avatar 3d iso with DTS HD around 45 gigs.
post #725 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 10:32 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by spl147 View Post

i have the PCH A-400.....all i can say is DO NOT buy it......it is a major POS!!!!!!! firmware is a joke......out of my 600 bluray iso`s it plays 4 so far with out skipping or locking up......it takes up to 1 min. to skip chapters......same movie on my dune smart d1 takes about 2 secs.......very very dissopointed with this player........once again PCH is forcing the public to beta test.....i should of known better.....waiting on the dune hd ase 3d to be released so i can dump this POS!!!

I've compared mine to my C200. It does take much longer to change chapters, start, etc, but I have never seen it take anywhere close to a minute. Changing chapters is taking around ten seconds from my BD ISOs, while it's only one or two seconds with my C200. And a little longer to start the BD ISOs. But I've yet to see it take anywhere close to one minute. Of course either way that is too long but it is a new player so it's really nothing I did not expect. I'm able to play most of my BD ISOs in the short term without issue, but a few started having issues after around 30 minutes or more of playback(and a few had issues after a few minutes). Although the times were also different depending on the ethernet switch I used.

What I really like is NMJ Navigator on my FireHD tablets. I was messing around with it most of yesterday. It has been excellent. Once they get the A400 netwook issues and start up times and track skips times improved it will be even better.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #726 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I wont doubt you,anyways im tempted to make another homemovie like the one earlyer in this post for people to see,the file is avatar 3d iso with DTS HD around 45 gigs.

I appreciate the effort, but because the problem crops up so far into the movie sometimes, the entire movie is needed to properly test it.

Looky here!
post #727 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:

I appreciate the effort, but because the problem crops up so far into the movie sometimes, the entire movie is needed to properly test it.[/quote

What file did you test exactly and how did it failed?
post #728 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

I appreciate the effort, but because the problem crops up so far into the movie sometimes, the entire movie is needed to properly test it.[/quote
What file did you test exactly and how did it failed?

Rango - Audio dropouts start at :59
Arthur Christmas - Audio dropouts start at approx 3:00
The Royal Tenenbaums Criterion - Audio dropouts started about 45 min in.
Goldeneye - Audio dropouts throughout. Didn't make it past 20 minutes or so before I got frustrated with it and stopped watching.

On Avatar are you listening to the English track? It's the only audio track that's in DTS-HD.

Looky here!
post #729 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

I agree but I think we make our own mess, We live in a world were people buy the latest and greatest just to have it, Sigma knows this, PCH knows this, Every media company out there knows it. If you make it out the door first you will have a huge amount of sales going out just for people wanting the latest and greatest im sure there is somewhat of a return rate but i bet the number of sales out weighs the returns, And then you look what is the drawback if they can make it stable before dune launches a 3d player, Then they already have the advantage of going out the door first and then having a stable player at the time someone else launches there first player. Its a business strategy that does not work out in the consumers favor but its one the consumers have helped build.
I would say most media player companies do not have enough capital to sit on a player till its stable enough for the consumer, They need money coming in.

Let me start by saying I have an a110,a210 and mede8er 1000x3d so I'm not biased. I agree with some of your points but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to take advantage of the consumer's willingness to purchase the latest and greatest. If the companies that make these devices go with the approach that they need the money coming in before their product is stable then they should be prepared for the backlash that will result if it does not perform as expected. Also, the companies should understand that the average consumer will not care if it's Realtek's fault, Syabas's fault or Sigma's fault. All they know is they paid a premium for a device that is not performing as expected. You can't fault the consumer for that since they are in affect, paying the companies who make these devices to think about that for them.
post #730 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:

Rango - Audio dropouts start at :59
Arthur Christmas - Audio dropouts start at approx 3:00
The Royal Tenenbaums Criterion - Audio dropouts started about 45 min in.
Goldeneye - Audio dropouts throughout. Didn't make it past 20 minutes or so before I got frustrated with it and stopped watching.
On Avatar are you listening to the English track? It's the only audio track that's in DTS-HD.

On avatar i tested the DTS HS yes,has for the rest,i dont have those files,i might be able to get those but need more info because theres diferent files.

Cheers
post #731 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 11:11 AM
AVS Club Gold

On my Avatar Collectors edition BD ISO, it was one of the ISOs I tried that played fine for a while and then had issues. It played for forty or fifty minutes without issues from the DTS-HD audio and the video and then for some reason the audio went out and the video became jerky like it no longer had enough bandwidth. And once that happened on those BD ISPs, playback never recovered.

LED DLP

post #732 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

On avatar i tested the DTS HS yes,has for the rest,i dont have those files,i might be able to get those but need more info because theres diferent files.
Cheers

Did you watch the whole movie?

It'll be the weekend before I can get more detailed info on when and where the dropouts start.

Looky here!
post #733 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:

Did you watch the whole movie?
It'll be the weekend before I can get more detailed info on when and where the dropouts start.

Ye with my GF biggrin.gif
post #734 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 12:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 71
With The Avengers (3D) stuttering starts pretty quickly on at the intro. With The Amazing Spiderman (3D) it actually played near flawless for the 5+ minutes I tested quickly (with the exception that chapter navigating doesn't work properly).

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #735 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 12:45 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

With The Avengers (3D) stuttering starts pretty quickly on at the intro. With The Amazing Spiderman (3D) it actually played near flawless for the 5+ minutes I tested quickly (with the exception that chapter navigating doesn't work properly).
"near flawless"?
post #736 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 12:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicguy View Post

"near flawless"?

I only tested for a short period. I noticed some flickers (Kind of like the 3D image was going out briefly). HD Audio played fine for that short period and there was no stuttering (audio was only lost when I skipped chapters). I wanted to watch the entire end scene but the A400 wouldn't let me navigate to it.

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #737 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 83
So now that it's finally here, anyone wanna start an official owners thread?
post #738 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 86
As soon as some permanent owners are identified.
post #739 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 01:19 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

As soon as some permanent owners are identified.

I am a permanent owner.

LED DLP

post #740 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

Isnt this coming from the guy who refused to say the micca played 3d iso at wrong fps until he jumped on the mede8er wagon? You are not the most reliable source either.
And thoughs not expecting bugs why buy bleeding edge technology you know there will be bugs always even more so in this type of market

someone dont like that ive pointed the bugs and errors , too bad they exist live with it

im more reliable because i dont work for micca, mede8er , pch, realtek or whatever.
and i dont have professional or business interest, contrary to some.

let me see:

how´s take care of the complains in networkmediatanker forums.......@chris57
how´s taking care of the complains in avsforums @halfelite ( than is also moderator in networkmediatank)
how´s taking care of the complains in popcorn.de @werner (that is admistrator in networkmediatank and speak german )

and let me tell you MICCA EP950 is a much better media player than the A400 buggy firmware like a user said a few post back selling this device is criminal, from what i read only a foul buy this stuff.

at least im buying this type of media player to enjoy it and because im a enthusiast of this devices, and was about to jump this media player when the first player came when i read this in network media tank forums.
Quote:
from @kirk
Then you purchased it from a retailer that had not been authorized to do it yet.
No complaints accepted until this unit is officially available for sale.

No complains accepts reallly ???? dont make me laught.

everyone understand that what the moderators are doing in A400 threats pch, is counter-atack against the consumer that has complians, and ive read every single topics in german forums and networkmediatanks forums, and some answers just make me sick with the type of rubbish that is posted , you guys the mods from metworkmedia tank should have a civil file for misleading wrong information and cheating the consumer.

the networkmediatank forums is very similar to xtreme players forums, different brand one objective....brag the A400.... JUST SICK

Projector Mitsubishi HC5

Projector Optoma hd300x 

Av receiver Onkyo TX-NR 818

Oppo 103D

Media player Med1000x3D

KEN KREISEL DXD-808 

Q7000 5.1

post #741 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
maybe you should learn to read german then? because on the german forum the only thing i see is that werner tries to help the users, and that some german users are just trolls, seems like you are the best example for it.
post #742 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post

someone dont like that ive pointed the bugs and errors , too bad they exist live with it
im more reliable because i dont work for micca, mede8er , pch, realtek or whatever.
and i dont have professional or business interest, contrary to some.
let me see:
how´s take care of the complains in networkmediatanker forums.......@chris57
how´s taking care of the complains in avsforums @halfelite ( than is also moderator in networkmediatank)
how´s taking care of the complains in popcorn.de @werner (that is admistrator in networkmediatank and speak german )
and let me tell you MICCA EP950 is a much better media player than the A400 buggy firmware like a user said a few post back selling this device is criminal, from what i read only a foul buy this stuff.
at least im buying this type of media player to enjoy it and because im a enthusiast of this devices, and was about to jump this media player when the first player came when i read this in network media tank forums.
[/SIZE]
No complains accepts reallly ???? dont make me laught.
everyone understand that what the moderators are doing in A400 threats pch, is counter-atack against the consumer that has complians, and ive read every single topics in german forums and networkmediatanks forums, and some answers just make me sick with the type of rubbish that is posted , you guys the mods from metworkmedia tank should have a civil file for misleading wrong information and cheating the consumer.
the networkmediatank forums is very similar to xtreme players forums, different brand one objective....brag the A400.... JUST SICK

Have I denied any bugs in this thread Nope have I confirmed bugs in the thread YES I dont Hide the bugs, Do I try to find work around for all bugs sure its what I do.

Im just point out that your take on media players is based on BS you have clouded vision and always have. You are pointed out in almost every thread you post in about ignoring the micca bugs then sayings its the best then flopping back to mede8er. You can never make a post without mentioning How good mede8er is, Or how good the micca was, I do not doubt that you are a reseller of some type.
Yes you keep mentioning I am a moderator on networkmediatank I have never denied It nor hid the fact I even use the same name on both places. Ask anyone here have I ever steered them wrong or hid a bug from them, or even told them to go out and buy a PCH the answer is no. All your posts just make me laugh at how ignorant you are You bash anyone that says it works for them, You bash me for trying to help people, You bash werner for doing his job, You even bashed everyone that said the micca has a fps bug for 3d because you did not see it. But now i recently saw you post that it does in fact have one. I doubt anyone on these forums even takes your posts serious anymore all you do is try to troll up drama

PS you are the one that went on the defense when I pointed out that your point of view is flawed and not to be trusted
post #743 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cHarOn99 View Post

maybe you should learn to read german then? because on the german forum the only thing i see is that werner tries to help the users, and that some german users are just trolls, seems like you are the best example for it.

ich spreche besser Deutsch als Sie

Projector Mitsubishi HC5

Projector Optoma hd300x 

Oppo 103D

Media player Med1000x3D

KEN KREISEL DXD-808 

Q7000 5.1

post #744 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Im sorry but youve gone from critic to close to bashing in every single post you have made. you act like PCH AND the mods over at NMT have not asked basic questions in order to get to the root of the issue, instead you accuse them of brushing off the customer. I know what Ill see eery singe time I see your name in this thread.....Its like you have a personal vendetta against Sybase\PCH\and the related forums and the admins......
post #745 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Im sorry but youve gone from critic to close to bashing in every single post you have made. you act like PCH AND the mods over at NMT have not asked basic questions in order to get to the root of the issue, instead you accuse them of brushing off the customer. I know what Ill see eery singe time I see your name in this thread.....Its like you have a personal vendetta against Sybase\PCH\and the related forums and the admins......

its my cruzade against syabas/ pch lol ....when the expectations are high the frustation is even bigger, not my case lol.
Quote:
here put this in your signature, no complains, frustation or bashing against A400 until theres a stable firmware
biggrin.gif

and please dont feed the troll...thats me wink.gif

Projector Mitsubishi HC5

Projector Optoma hd300x 

Oppo 103D

Media player Med1000x3D

KEN KREISEL DXD-808 

Q7000 5.1

post #746 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 131
The A-400 should never have been released in the state it's in, no way, and everyone who demands a refund should get one without question, as it does not perform close to what was specified

It's one thing for a device to have a few minor bugs, but this device is not usable in the state it's in. i've purchased a lot of HW in my 20 years of the hobby, and this ranks among the worst.

Personally, I'mv giving it till the end of the week and if the updates don't fix the problems, it goes back, and I will expect a refund of shipping as well.

- NMT is slow and poorly implemented
- Horrible gigabit network performance
- terribly slow advancing chapters
- audio dropouts
- poor ISO playback

It's shameful.

Micca EP950 is worlds better, but who know's if they've abandoned the platform as things have been silent for some time from them.
post #747 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

For your slow network speed if you are feeling up for it you can always try the workaround we found telnet into the pch and type these commands just to note they wont ruin anything you are only putting these into ram so a reboot will clear it out.
Code:
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_no_metrics_save
echo 8192 7812500 15625000 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_rmem
echo 8192 7812500 15625000 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_wmem
echo 15625000 > /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_max
echo 15625000 > /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_max

Might fix your poor ISO playback

The DTS-HD dropout has been forwarded to sigma syabas DEVS are pretty sure its in the microcode on the sigma side so have to wait to hear back on that one.
post #748 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post

The A-400 should never have been released in the state it's in, no way, and everyone who demands a refund should get one without question, as it does not perform close to what was specified
It's one thing for a device to have a few minor bugs, but this device is not usable in the state it's in. i've purchased a lot of HW in my 20 years of the hobby, and this ranks among the worst.
Personally, I'mv giving it till the end of the week and if the updates don't fix the problems, it goes back, and I will expect a refund of shipping as well.
- NMT is slow and poorly implemented
- Horrible gigabit network performance
- terribly slow advancing chapters
- audio dropouts
- poor ISO playback
It's shameful.
Micca EP950 is worlds better, but who know's if they've abandoned the platform as things have been silent for some time from them.

Pack it up and ship it back, IMO they wont be fixed within the week, a few weeks sure (2-3) most should be fixed. it all depends on the amount of respurces they can dedicate to the code and WHERE the problem lies (PCH code or Sigma code)....
post #749 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlknez View Post

The dune players with the dune remote controllers (ios,android,linux,windows,osx) have allowed that for some time now

Thanks for the response, but from what I understand you have to use a third party jukebox with the Dunes and I just want as plug-n-play as I can get.
I can live with the A-210's built in juke when it works and assumed the A-400 would be similar with a navigator app available for tablets.
post #750 of 2298 Old 12-03-2012, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Pack it up and ship it back, IMO they wont be fixed within the week, a few weeks sure (2-3) most should be fixed. it all depends on the amount of respurces they can dedicate to the code and WHERE the problem lies (PCH code or Sigma code)....

How do they ship it knowing these issues exist, or is QA so nonexistent they don't even know they exists?

A is for Alpha.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Popcorn Hour A 400 Network Media Jukebox

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page