Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #1801 of 2300 Old 08-10-2013, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Order it from a US distributor and you will get it as soon as you want.

MY THEATER......The Thompson Theater 11.9 channels

"Is not love not unlike the unlikely not it is unlikened to?"
- Leon Phelps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 2300 Old 08-10-2013, 06:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

Demand isn't high. They aren't based in the USA anymore.

They never shipped from USA any ways. Diamond is there US distribution. Anything from pch itself always ships from china in batches usually 2-3 a month. But once your batch ships its done by air so two to three days max once batch leaves china. The only thing the US office did was pb3d which was the start and end of the US office
post #1803 of 2300 Old 08-11-2013, 04:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have posted in the Network Media Jukebox thread of the Network Media forum. But I can't resolve my issue. I am very new to the popcorn hour and have just set up the A-400. All my files are playing correctly: m2ts, iso and 3d Iso. I have four internal hard drives that are in a mediasonic 8 bay usb enclosure. A usb cable connects it to the PH. The PH-A400 is attached to a wired network. I just set up the NMJ Toolbox2 on the computer. Although I can locate the movie folders in the network on the "File" section of the toolbox, I can't get them into the database of the toolbox.

This information may help.

On my desktop computer: Computer>share>A400 ("drive Z) are the nmj folders: download, lost and found, music, nmj-database, photo and video. They are all empty. Computer>Network>PCH-A400>New Volume, New Volum 1, New Volume 2, usb drive a-1, usb drive ad-2, usb drive d-3. These have all my m2ts dvd's, iso Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3d iso and music files. These files are all on four usb hard drives that are in a Mediasonic 8 bay usb enclosure that is attached by usb cable to the popcorn hour. My music files are on a usb thumb drive inserted into the second usb drive on the A- 400. A 32gb memory card holds the NMT data.

I can locate the movie folders in the "File" menu but I can't get them into the database.

The main thing I want to accomplish with the toolbox, is to have one movie library instead of separate libraries on all of the internal hard drives that I have in the Mediasonic. I will be adding additional hard drives. Also I have to change some of the names of the movies so that they can be tagged correctly. I may be taking some of the hard drives out to add additional movies and putting them back in. Two drives have more space to add movies.

Although I would like to figure out how to use the toolbox, if there is an easier way to make one library let me know.

Ray
post #1804 of 2300 Old 08-12-2013, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

NMJv1 yes, but NMJv2 with NMJToolbox is just as easy to maintain and has more features then Zappiti. The only place that Zappiti has it beat is with boxset support.

I cannot speak for Zappiti but the toolbox and NMJv2 is pretty damn solid, IMO. I'd bet it would do 95+% very very nicely.

Now if I didn't have to re-start the damn thing every day. tongue.gif

James

Actual phone call (see pic to left):

Tech (responding to laughter): "I'm sorry sir, did I miss something?"

Me: "Yeah, a case of Diet Mountain Dew walking across my living room."

post #1805 of 2300 Old 08-12-2013, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Now if I didn't have to re-start the damn thing every day. tongue.gif

Was this serious? I really do need to know. I have 2 WDTV's and they lock up all the damn time. My wife is done with them. I was under the impression these were rock solid.
post #1806 of 2300 Old 08-12-2013, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzl13 View Post

Was this serious? I really do need to know. I have 2 WDTV's and they lock up all the damn time. My wife is done with them. I was under the impression these were rock solid.

My current uptime on my A400 is 9.5days. So its been up since I last installed a forum release firmware
post #1807 of 2300 Old 08-12-2013, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't have that issue. I had to reset once. I am very happy with the product.

- Leon Phelps
post #1808 of 2300 Old 08-13-2013, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Could I ask what network settings number folks are running? I'm going to try one of the six for a few days each and see if that resolves the problem of my shares being lost and having to reset.

thanks

James

post #1809 of 2300 Old 08-13-2013, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

I dont run any profile I would suggest try setting a static ip on your pch and see if it clears up
post #1810 of 2300 Old 08-23-2013, 01:52 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Java Error….. Guys, set up my A400, shares play great and downloaded from dented boxes the all in one yamj with Eversion. Pointed everything to my movie folders and try to scan my folder. Using a W7 64bit PC and am receiving the following error….. Java is not a recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. I have uninstalled/reinstalled Java twice with same result. I moved everything to another W7PC and had the same result. I researched this, but can't seem to find a fix. Anyone else experience this? Is there a fix?

Thank you!
post #1811 of 2300 Old 08-23-2013, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by met64 View Post

Java Error….. Guys, set up my A400, shares play great and downloaded from dented boxes the all in one yamj with Eversion. Pointed everything to my movie folders and try to scan my folder. Using a W7 64bit PC and am receiving the following error….. Java is not a recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. I have uninstalled/reinstalled Java twice with same result. I moved everything to another W7PC and had the same result. I researched this, but can't seem to find a fix. Anyone else experience this? Is there a fix?

Thank you!

I have the A400 & running YAMJ + Eversion (I believe you also posted this in the NMT forums). I can't recall (it's been a while) but I know I have 2 java's on my PC (Win7) and I believe one is due to YAMJ.

I got Java errors before so is your jukebox not creating the files for your movies? I suggest deleting everything and starting over.

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

post #1812 of 2300 Old 08-23-2013, 07:25 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
The issue is, on my main PC (W7, 64bit) I can't run YAMJ. It errors with the java error above. Conversely, on a different PC w7, (32bit) yamj runs fine. Lastly, I borrowed a neighbors W7,64Bit just to check and had same error. So, thinking it might be something with 64 bit specfically, I downloaded the 32 bit Java to my W7 (64bit) and it still errors. I researched this and it talked about environmental paths and admittedly, stopped. Way above my head. Not sure, but as I mentioned I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling 32 bit, 64 bit, and both…. same result. Thx
post #1813 of 2300 Old 08-23-2013, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 30
My PC is Win7 64 bit too and I remember I had to install the 'correct' YAMJ installation supporting files for 64 bit. Unfortunately I did this months ago and I don't remember how I did it but I know there was an additional file (non-java) that I needed to download when I was installing YAMJ.

I suggest you start from scratch and wait until 'basic' YAMJ is working properly before adding on eversion.

It does work since I'm using it on a PC like yours.

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

post #1814 of 2300 Old 08-24-2013, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I ordered a A-400 Friday. Just to play with it and see how its working now. Im going to have to back track and look at some of the post to see what im in for. How is the seamless branching working? I hope I didn't make a mistake in buying it.
post #1815 of 2300 Old 08-24-2013, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryker View Post

My PC is Win7 64 bit too and I remember I had to install the 'correct' YAMJ installation supporting files for 64 bit. Unfortunately I did this months ago and I don't remember how I did it but I know there was an additional file (non-java) that I needed to download when I was installing YAMJ.

I suggest you start from scratch and wait until 'basic' YAMJ is working properly before adding on eversion.

It does work since I'm using it on a PC like yours.

Seamless branching is still hit and miss 95% of titles have no video issues but with a slight audio glitch of a second or less.
post #1816 of 2300 Old 08-24-2013, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Still well worth the money and so easy to use. Glad I have it and not even considering looking at other media streamers as of right now. Are there some issues....yes, but nothing so serious to make me want anything else.

- Leon Phelps
post #1817 of 2300 Old 08-24-2013, 06:08 PM

is the a-400 better then the dune 303d? im trying to decide between the two.
post #1818 of 2300 Old 08-24-2013, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skzzzzy View Post

Depends what you consider better. The A400 has a bit more to offer then a 303d but they perform almost the same. The A400 is getting more frequent updates then the 303d at current time
post #1819 of 2300 Old 08-24-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

Depends what you consider better. The A400 has a bit more to offer then a 303d but they perform almost the same. The A400 is getting more frequent updates then the 303d at current time

Play the most file types, best juke box etc.

All of my files are just 700-800mb avi dvd rips, few iso dvd rips, and 720p 2-5gb mkv bluray rips.
I dont use 1080p content due to the file size.

Just want the best one that will handle the most content / best jukebox feature / not be laggy.

you say the a400 has more to offer, what is that?
post #1820 of 2300 Old 08-24-2013, 10:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by skzzzzy View Post

At this point the the only real differentiators between the two are the jukeboxes. NMJ2 has far more functionality than any of the Dune options, and doesn't require a PC to scrape your media.

Looky here!
post #1821 of 2300 Old 08-25-2013, 05:22 AM
Advanced Member

Are you all using the forum firmware updates or sticking to the website available firmware?
post #1822 of 2300 Old 08-25-2013, 07:53 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

At this point the the only real differentiators between the two are the jukeboxes. NMJ2 has far more functionality than any of the Dune options, and doesn't require a PC to scrape your media.

MEDE8ER has their own scraper now, too. biggrin.gif
post #1823 of 2300 Old 08-25-2013, 09:56 AM
Advanced Member

It looks like the internal media jukebox stores the information inside whatever folder the movie is in. Since i run Dune media players i dont want anything inside those folders. Does the NMJ 2 toolbox store information inside the movie folders as well?
(basically i have a Synology Nas with 3 folders Movies, Tv Series and HD Movies. Inside each folders are iso images which are not stored in individual folders. Is there something Like a Yadis or Zappiti where it stores its information somewhere other than the content folder with export options? I dont mind using a pc to set the Jukebox up. Im still waiting for the A-400 to ship so i dont have a way to check these things out. I have never owned a Popcornhour so im unfamiliar with how they operate)
post #1824 of 2300 Old 08-25-2013, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Does the NMJ 2 toolbox store information inside the movie folders as well?
No it doesn't. You can also put the database wherever you like as long as the a400 knows where it is. I have had it in two different locations (not at the same time) and they both worked perfectly.

- Leon Phelps
post #1825 of 2300 Old 08-25-2013, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewhale1 View Post

It looks like the internal media jukebox stores the information inside whatever folder the movie is in. Since i run Dune media players i dont want anything inside those folders. Does the NMJ 2 toolbox store information inside the movie folders as well?
(basically i have a Synology Nas with 3 folders Movies, Tv Series and HD Movies. Inside each folders are iso images which are not stored in individual folders. Is there something Like a Yadis or Zappiti where it stores its information somewhere other than the content folder with export options? I dont mind using a pc to set the Jukebox up. Im still waiting for the A-400 to ship so i dont have a way to check these things out. I have never owned a Popcornhour so im unfamiliar with how they operate)

The only time NMJ stores information with the movie file is if you manually edit something. As it does not want you to keep manually editing them if you ever do a complete rebuild of the jukebox. If you tell NMJ to scan your NAS and you say it has 3 folders. It will make a fourth folder on the root of your NAS callled NMJ_Database that holds all the information it scans and saves. If you dont want another folder on your NAS pop in a usb stick on the A400 set the share to read only and NMJ will store the DB on the usb stick.
post #1826 of 2300 Old 08-25-2013, 03:49 PM
Advanced Member

Good to know thanks. I downloaded the manual and am looking thru it. As far as names(movie names) will it ignore things like(A, The etc ect) for sorting?
Anyone order from Diamond Home Designs? Does it take long for them to ship?
post #1827 of 2300 Old 08-25-2013, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewhale1 View Post

Good to know thanks. I downloaded the manual and am looking thru it. As far as names(movie names) will it ignore things like(A, The etc ect) for sorting?
Anyone order from Diamond Home Designs? Does it take long for them to ship?

From memory it ignores The and A from sorting. and diamond is usually fast
post #1828 of 2300 Old 08-26-2013, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes I was being serious...I can only report what I am experiencing. I don't even know yet where the issue lies, so who knows if it's directly attributable to the 400 or not. I DO know that others are experiencing the same, while, like me, not having any other issues, elsewhere.

And make no mistake, I still don't regret buying it...seems to me you HAVE to expect some bumps with these devices at this point in the game. I'd give it a B+, overall, thus far.

My new issue is some awful, awful, lip sync issues with some files. Most are perfectly fine, but some are off- buffoonishly so- by a second or more. Haven't changed anything, anywhere and lip sync adj through the set up menu does very little to correct the problem.

???

James

post #1829 of 2300 Old 08-28-2013, 03:58 AM
Advanced Member

The a-400 will be delivered today. Just wondering when i set up the nmj will i have the option to pick were to store the media info in the beginning or do i have to set the share to read only then it will ask me where to put the files?
post #1830 of 2300 Old 08-28-2013, 01:39 PM

with the NMJ can you create custom categories-i.e. one for my son, one for the wife?

Is there a category for "recently added" or never watched?
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Popcorn Hour A 400 Network Media Jukebox

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page