post #2071 of 2298 Old 10-22-2013, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermaybe View Post

Just FYI all: after being not at all pleased with some of the "moderation" on cloud media's "non official" official forum, I finally relented and posted the following...

"I have now officially opened a case with cloud media. I can state with 100% certainty and honesty that I've never spent this much time and energy attempting to resolve such a core part of a device's functionality. Honestly, I would have returned this months ago, but I bought it with the understanding that there would be some growing pains- both for me and this young media player. But after throwing everything but the kitchen sink (not YET, anyway) at it, I'm just in disbelief I haven't at least got LUCKY at this point.

Onward, I have to say I don't appreciate the condescension and completely inaccurate representation of me or my posts (and others), here, from moderators or anyone else. "yada yada yada" and "if it's broke, fix it" are non productive and really, just wastefully combative.

What would any reasonable person THINK I've been trying to do, besides PRECISELY that (fix things)? I feel I have been more than patient and have pushed my know-how and "expertise" FAR beyond their limits and I don't appreciate anyone suggesting anything to the contrary. This all "never minds" the fact that I've drove others out of their respective minds, elsewhere, in an unrelenting attempt to correct my/the 400's issues. Thankfully there are many generous and good people (here, included) that have offered assistance.

Well, I suppose I can open yet another thread on this site dedicated to my problem, but how many times should I do so until it becomes madness?

I'm just here in search of a solution so I can watch movies. The end. If that search- on a forum CONNECTED to the device manufacture's home page- brings so much hostility, please point to a superior option- although honestly, I'd be shocked if it's an avenue I haven't already explored."

thanks
James

I don't think the post was a bit unreasonable. Very (we'll politely say) "odd" tone over there.

James

When I had the A300, and I called them for an issue, the PCH Tech told me it was my fault the a300 wasn't working correctly. After a week of ownership I sent that POS back. PCH customer service is probably at the top 3 worse customer service I've ever dealt with.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8599

Home Theater Set Up:

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8597

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2072 of 2298 Old 10-22-2013, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Yeah I'm not in the business of "re-posting" such things and as far as I can tell this is a "user supported" forum, so I'm not in a hurry to leave this at the feet of Cloud Media (we'll see how they respond to my "official" request for help), but the general atmosphere over there leaves a lot to be desired and I've noticed more than a few get treated like crap simply because they're having significant operational issues months after buying the device and perhaps voicing some understandable frustration.

Again, this isn't a landslide generalization of the 400 or cloud media, just the impression I have received from that forum over the last few months.

James

Actual phone call (see pic to left):

Tech (responding to laughter): "I'm sorry sir, did I miss something?"

Me: "Yeah, a case of Diet Mountain Dew walking across my living room."

post #2073 of 2298 Old 10-22-2013, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Your type of error is one of the strange ones that might only effect a synology user that uses the device in the manner you yourself do I doubt its any real setting without diving into it real deep. First and formost when you cant connect to the share does the apps market still work or youtube service. If youtube and such still works it shows the network is still up from there on a pc you can type this in a browser

http://ipaddress:8008/setting?arg0=list_network_shared_folder

Change ipaddress to the ipaddress of your pch and hit enter then view the source for the page as it will list out an xml responce and show what is still mounted on the pch.
post #2074 of 2298 Old 10-22-2013, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

^ thanks, but I'm sorry, what am I changing to my PCH's IP address?

James

post #2075 of 2298 Old 10-22-2013, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

I updated the post most likely after you replied but http://ipaddress:8008/setting?arg0=list_network_shared_folder change where it says ipaddress to the ip of your pch so it would look something like http://192.168.0.10:8008/setting?arg0=list_network_shared_folder
post #2076 of 2298 Old 10-22-2013, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

K, thanks!

James

post #2077 of 2298 Old 10-22-2013, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Two things:

1. When I tried that elite, I got a message on my iPad saying it wouldn't open because the server stopped responding.

2. I was on the phone with synology for an hour an I'm 99% confident I have me server set correctly.

Yes. I still get the messages...I also got rid of the reserved IP for the pch. Both my router and 400 are dhcp.

James

post #2078 of 2298 Old 10-22-2013, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

GET ON THIS, FELLAS!

So beat up and exhausted by this problem, I tried to think of a workaround.

So it dawned on me: can I use this new "shortcut" feature to get to the jukebox?

Well, I reboot and start at the jukebox...I cursor to the left, find the shortcut logo (I had never messed with it up to this point), select it and lock it in.

Moment of truth...I return to the home screen and select the shortcut option...

Does it work?! You bet your a$$ it does!

It still bothers the hell out of me that it doesn't work the "right" way, but this is the greatest workaround I've ever unearthed.

At least I have an option now...that's even shorter than the "right way".

Thanks again everyone!

James

post #2079 of 2298 Old 10-23-2013, 05:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Tried again this AM multiple times and the shortcut continues to work perfectly.

James

post #2080 of 2298 Old 10-23-2013, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

How were you doing it before. would you push the setup button then try the return button?
post #2081 of 2298 Old 10-23-2013, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

^ Doing what, trying to access my NAS? I would select "network" from the main menu and then try to access the share/WORKGROUP. That 'correct" way- even when it worked- would still take a couple more button bushes and time though. biggrin.gif

James

post #2082 of 2298 Old 11-04-2013, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

So my last two rips of Monsters University and Finding Nemo- both with Dolby True HD soundtracks- have resulted in audio drops. Pretty brief "hiccuping" mainly in the beginning. Both discs were brand new. Is this one of those seamless branching issues that the player or ripper has an issue with? I'm not sure. I just know it takes an eternity to rip them with makemkv.

thanks for any knowledge.

James

post #2083 of 2298 Old 11-04-2013, 06:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:

So my last two rips of Monsters University and Finding Nemo- both with Dolby True HD soundtracks- have resulted in audio drops. Pretty brief "hiccuping" mainly in the beginning. Both discs were brand new. Is this one of those seamless branching issues that the player or ripper has an issue with? I'm not sure. I just know it takes an eternity to rip them with makemkv.

James

In the ripping thread several people have noted issues with TrueHD dropouts on Monsters. Your issue may be seamless branching (if you are doing full disc or main movie via DVDFab). Otherwise, it seems like it might be an authoring issue of the disc itself (some guys have instead used LPCM instead of TrueHD and the dropouts have gone away)

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #2084 of 2298 Old 11-04-2013, 06:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:

James

If you rip them with makeMKV the seameless branched is no longer a issue.

If you continue to have issues with makeMKV rips, blame the player or your network.

I have both titles with zero drops in audio with realtek player.

Projector Mitsubishi HC5

Projector Optoma hd300x 

Av receiver Onkyo TX-NR 818

Oppo 103D

Media player Med1000x3D

KEN KREISEL DXD-808 

Q7000 5.1

post #2085 of 2298 Old 11-04-2013, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

thanks guys. I've never sure who/what to blame. I also get ridiculous lip-sync issues with finding nemo where others are fine. I wish I knew precisely what "seamless branch dropouts' sound like, but I'm pretty confident that's what these are.

So, long story short, I can prolly be pretty confident my rips are ok and forget about ripping them again?

And it's my understanding that this seamless branch stuff is- or at least nearly- exclusively related to Disney titles? I don't think I've EVER heard it on anything, non-animated.

thanks again,
James

post #2086 of 2298 Old 11-04-2013, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post

If you rip them with makeMKV the seameless branched is no longer a issue.

If you continue to have issues with makeMKV rips, blame the player or your network.

I have both titles with zero drops in audio with realtek player.

Don't pay attention to Canton160. Monsters University, Brave and Nemo have audio drops due to a manufacturing issue. It's not an issue with your player or network. I've already talked to Disney Tech, and I will be sending my disks to them to get analyzed. The only work around for this issue is to either use a AC3 track or LPCM.
dbone1026 likes this.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #2087 of 2298 Old 11-04-2013, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

^ thank you Gus. And am I correct in recalling that it seems to be mainly in the beginning of the discs? Although I think there's a few spots in Nemo?

James

post #2088 of 2298 Old 11-04-2013, 07:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

Don't pay attention to Canton160. Monsters University, Brave and Nemo have audio drops due to a manufacturing issue. It's not an issue with your player or network. I've already talked to Disney Tech, and I will be sending my disks to them to get analyzed. The only work around for this issue is to either use a AC3 track or LPCM.

This, it is a disc author issue

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #2089 of 2298 Old 11-04-2013, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 57

Seamless branching is only an issue with BDMV folder structure or BD ISO's.  There was a known issue with Dolby TrueHD tracks and the Sigma SDK that I think was resolved BICBW.  Disc authoring issue as mentioned above seems a more likely reason though.

post #2090 of 2298 Old 11-04-2013, 08:01 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:

GET ON THIS, FELLAS!

So beat up and exhausted by this problem, I tried to think of a workaround.

So it dawned on me: can I use this new "shortcut" feature to get to the jukebox?

Well, I reboot and start at the jukebox...I cursor to the left, find the shortcut logo (I had never messed with it up to this point), select it and lock it in.

Moment of truth...I return to the home screen and select the shortcut option...

Does it work?! You bet your a$$ it does!

It still bothers the hell out of me that it doesn't work the "right" way, but this is the greatest workaround I've ever unearthed.

At least I have an option now...that's even shorter than the "right way".

Thanks again everyone!

James

In my use I have a local copy of the database on each of my A400's. I also have multiple copies on shared drives for backups. But each A400 only accesses it's local database and then that points to the shared drives on my network. it's been working without issue fo rme. I just need to put a copy of the database on each A400 when I have a new entry.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #2091 of 2298 Old 11-04-2013, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Just how do I create a shortcut to my homescreen for my YAMJ jukebox? I don't see the option to make it a shortcut when I go to YAMJ nor how to navigate to one if I select "shortcut".

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

post #2092 of 2298 Old 11-04-2013, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryker View Post

Just how do I create a shortcut to my homescreen for my YAMJ jukebox? I don't see the option to make it a shortcut when I go to YAMJ nor how to navigate to one if I select "shortcut".

are you on the newest a400 homescreen if so they have not released a package yet to edit the home screen for apps outside of the apps market
post #2093 of 2298 Old 11-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

Quote:

^ thank you Gus. And am I correct in recalling that it seems to be mainly in the beginning of the discs? Although I think there's a few spots in Nemo?

James

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

This, it is a disc author issue

Yes, dont pay attention to canton160 because he doesnt no what is talking about.....

Or the disney tech boys are doing nice authoring in european BD versions, Monsters University, Brave and Nemo DONT have issues or drops with any HD audio, ISO, MKV or BDMV

here my settings:

Med100X3D
Sony s-790
onkyo 818
HC5

1bvi.jpg

if the titiles are seamless branched the audio drops in same place, what is the exact second the issue occour?

if really is a problem with dolby and disney, no one where can identify the exact problem of the disk/firmware/hardware ....... unless @jmastermaby can test the phisical BD with normal blu-ray player and search the audio dropouts.

In the mean time @gusgus keep spreading the word (BECAUSE YOU ARE ALLWAYS RIGHT... RIGHT ) around the forums that realtek is out-of -business on media player market ...... i will anwser your FALSE statments in the RIGHT place and RIGHT time...

Projector Mitsubishi HC5

Projector Optoma hd300x 

Oppo 103D

Media player Med1000x3D

KEN KREISEL DXD-808 

Q7000 5.1

post #2094 of 2298 Old 11-04-2013, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

The audio drops are random. So, it doesn't matter if you write down the times. I know this because I've tested two different brand new copies of MU. There are numerous people having the same issue. I am not spreading rumors about Realtk not building anymore chips for media player. The came from a tech article. In reality, I wouldn't be surprise if this was to happened since there isn't much money for these types of niche product. I didn't mean that Realtek was out of business. I meant that Realtek will stop making media player chips.

So, get off your band-wagon, grow up, and start acting like an adult. Have a super duper awesome day biggrin.gif

Home Theater Set Up:

post #2095 of 2298 Old 11-04-2013, 05:27 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I had the audio drop problems with both Brave and Total Recall but surprisingly I am fine with MU. I ripped it using DVDFab and then used MakeMKV to create the MKV from the decrypted output. I have another strange phenomenon with the rip (2D main movie only) and I'm not sure if it's the rip, the player (Mede8er 1000X3D), or with a new WD Red drive I just installed in my NAS. It's very subtle but it's almost as if it drops a video frame occasionally and it's not consistently in the same spot. I've got more experimenting to isolate but this is the first time I've seen this. I even tried running ClownBD on the decrypted output to put the M2TS files together before creating the MKV and the same thing. It's either losing a frame here and there or I'm over analyzing my movies way too much because of this "hobby" and seeing things that aren't really there. smile.gif
post #2096 of 2298 Old 11-04-2013, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

that realtek is out-of -business on media player market ...... i will anwser your FALSE statments in the RIGHT place and RIGHT time...

For all intent and purpose realtek is out of the game. the 1186 came to be in oct 2011 no new announcements in 2 years . Given its been 2 years the rumor that they closed down the Digital Home Center sector sounds pretty reasonable . Realtek was in it long enough to test the waters more then likely. They were late into the game started in 2009 then out at 2011 sadly everything before the 1186 with the better sdk did not help them. Could they make a come back and a new chip under a different sector sure. But given the hit and miss market and the upcoming cheaper ARM chips And the introduction of things like the intel NUC its a hard market for anyone to stay in. We have CES coming in January if there is no new realtek chip announcement between now and CES I think its safe to assume we will not be seeing any new realtek chips. To go with this as well its a struggling market for SIGMA as well Look at there stocks for 2009-2011 they were doing good but after that its been downhill even more.

So unless you have some insider secret information that no one else has.
GusGus748s likes this.
post #2097 of 2298 Old 11-04-2013, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

For all intent and purpose realtek is out of the game. the 1186 came to be in oct 2011 no new announcements in 2 years . Given its been 2 years the rumor that they closed down the Digital Home Center sector sounds pretty reasonable . Realtek was in it long enough to test the waters more then likely. They were late into the game started in 2009 then out at 2011. Could they make a come back and a new chip under a different sector sure. But given the hit and miss market and the upcoming cheaper ARM chips And the introduction of things like the intel NUC its a hard market for anyone to stay in. We have CES coming in January if there is no new realtek chip announcement between now and CES I think its safe to assume we will not be seeing any new realtek chips. To go with this as well its a struggling market for SIGMA as well Look at there stocks for 2009-2011 they were doing good but after that its been downhill even more.

I concur. Thank you.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #2098 of 2298 Old 11-05-2013, 02:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

For all intent and purpose realtek is out of the game. .

ohh please continue, im also gone love to quote your statments in the future. smile.gif

Projector Mitsubishi HC5

Projector Optoma hd300x 

Oppo 103D

Media player Med1000x3D

KEN KREISEL DXD-808 

Q7000 5.1

post #2099 of 2298 Old 11-05-2013, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

are you on the newest a400 homescreen if so they have not released a package yet to edit the home screen for apps outside of the apps market

I am running the latest official firmware (not the test build or forum firmware) and YAMJ is an app in the market so any advice would be appreciated! Thanks

post #2100 of 2298 Old 11-05-2013, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes, dont pay attention to canton160 because he doesnt no what is talking about.....

Or the disney tech boys are doing nice authoring in european BD versions, Monsters University, Brave and Nemo DONT have issues or drops with any HD audio, ISO, MKV or BDMV

here my settings:

Med100X3D
Sony s-790
onkyo 818
HC5

if the titiles are seamless branched the audio drops in same place, what is the exact second the issue occour?

if really is a problem with dolby and disney, no one where can identify the exact problem of the disk/firmware/hardware ....... unless @jmastermaby can test the phisical BD with normal blu-ray player and search the audio dropouts.

In the mean time @gusgus keep spreading the word (BECAUSE YOU ARE ALLWAYS RIGHT... RIGHT ) around the forums that realtek is out-of -business on media player market ...... i will anwser your FALSE statments in the RIGHT place and RIGHT time...

Not sure why you're on this forum when you have a Med box BUT I've had issues every time I try to watch a 3D BD ISO file and you have the same AVR as me (Onkyo 818) so how good DOES your Med-box play 3D BD ISO files?

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Popcorn Hour A 400 Network Media Jukebox

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page