post #2251 of 2300 Old 01-10-2014, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post

The topic we are on has everything to do with PCH. Some people use servers to stream from and my run into issues and can look back onto this thread and find an answer. Did you know that the A400 is a media streamer as well?

Don't worry he's just looking for his "virtual dad" fix.

James

Actual phone call (see pic to left):

Tech (responding to laughter): "I'm sorry sir, did I miss something?"

Me: "Yeah, a case of Diet Mountain Dew walking across my living room."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2252 of 2300 Old 01-10-2014, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermaybe View Post

Quote:

The topic we are on has everything to do with PCH. Some people use servers to stream from and my run into issues and can look back onto this thread and find an answer. Did you know that the A400 is a media streamer as well?

Don't worry he's just looking for his "virtual dad" fix.

James

Haha...yeah, especially considering the last month or so the only posts in this thread have been about Mastermaybe's "saga" (I think we've reached that point if you consider the Synology issues prior!) and the fact that distribution has mysteriously halted in the US (over a possible Dolby licensing issue so careful with those FW updates while this gets sorted).  Didn't mean to disrupt the plethora of discussion going on here lately... :rolleyes:

post #2253 of 2300 Old 01-10-2014, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkasanic View Post

Haha...yeah, especially considering the last month or so the only posts in this thread have been about Mastermaybe's "saga" (I think we've reached that point if you consider the Synology issues prior!) and the fact that distribution has mysteriously halted in the US (over a possible Dolby licensing issue so careful with those FW updates while this gets sorted).  Didn't mean to disrupt the plethora of discussion going on here lately... rolleyes.gif

Licensing issues happen. wont be the first for popcorn hour they had same thing with AAC at the start of the 200 series I think but worked it out in the end. You only start to worry when companies do not follow the rules as they do not stay in business very long. But given almost all the main players have lost something when moving forward.
post #2254 of 2300 Old 01-10-2014, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:

Haha...yeah, especially considering the last month or so the only posts in this thread have been about Mastermaybe's "saga" (I think we've reached that point if you consider the Synology issues prior!) and the fact that distribution has mysteriously halted in the US (over a possible Dolby licensing issue so careful with those FW updates while this gets sorted).  Didn't mean to disrupt the plethora of discussion going on here lately... rolleyes.gif

Good point on the FW updates! I hope they get this sorted out because I do not want to have an item that has no more support!

MY THEATER......The Thompson Theater 11.9 channels

"Is not love not unlike the unlikely not it is unlikened to?"
- Leon Phelps
post #2255 of 2300 Old 01-10-2014, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

Good point on the FW updates! I hope they get this sorted out because I do not want to have an item that has no more support!

As halfelite mentions, it's not the first time they've had licensing issues.  I'm fairly confident something will be worked out.  In any case, I doubt they drop support altogether just because of a downmixing codec issue.  Time will tell...

post #2256 of 2300 Old 01-11-2014, 05:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Cannot even generate a jukebox now. The list shows my files and I can watch from there but still get the "cannot find source" message.

Turned off homegroup as I heard it can interfere with f-raid. Have made doubly sure both the windows and fraid share have r/w rights for everyone....countless times.

Spent 4+ hours on this yday to no avail. Can someone, anyone, please tell me where I'm going wrong? Not being able to at least get a jb at this point has me crawling the walls!!!

thanks a ton

James

post #2257 of 2300 Old 01-13-2014, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Ok- just to avoid catastrophe.

Seems I was able to scan my share, load a db onto my flash and then modify tons of files with the toolbox- for whatever reason I didn't get fan art for 95% of the files when I scanned by the way, and I'm pretty sure I had the box checked...

Anyway, I did the changes and saved the db. The pch didn't change right away when I went back into "movies" like I recalled it doing some time ago, so I went to "update" thinking that it may look for changes made to the db folder...nope.

There's no way I would re-scan and run the risk of dumping all of my changes, so where am I going wrong?

How do I reconnect this modded db with the read only share?

Thanks a ton

James

post #2258 of 2300 Old 01-13-2014, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

The the best thing I like about my A400s'. I go to the tablet and search or browse for a title, after viewing cover art, synoposis etc, I just select play, and it starts playing on the A400. Although in my case since I use three unRAID setups, and I don't run them 24/7. So I'll usually need to make sure that unRAID is up and running first. But in my use since I only use them a few hours a day it works out better than having 750+ watts being consumed most of the day when i'm not using the servers.

I don't have the A400, but I do have a unRAID machine. I use a WOL app on my iPhone/iPad to wake the server when I'm ready to watch something. Give it a try, works like a charm.
post #2259 of 2300 Old 01-14-2014, 08:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejhuzy View Post

Quote:

The the best thing I like about my A400s'. I go to the tablet and search or browse for a title, after viewing cover art, synoposis etc, I just select play, and it starts playing on the A400. Although in my case since I use three unRAID setups, and I don't run them 24/7. So I'll usually need to make sure that unRAID is up and running first. But in my use since I only use them a few hours a day it works out better than having 750+ watts being consumed most of the day when i'm not using the servers.

I don't have the A400, but I do have a unRAID machine. I use a WOL app on my iPhone/iPad to wake the server when I'm ready to watch something. Give it a try, works like a charm.

I've been using the app "Fing" on my iPad with a mod in my go script for wol. Works great. Then I just access the main UnRAID screen to shut it down from the iPad.
post #2260 of 2300 Old 01-15-2014, 05:56 AM
AVS Special Member

so I suppose as a fair warning to all else who are going to put their db on their pch and run the toolbox to edit and update:

I formatted the flash drive, added the NMT apps and created the db, as directed, all appeared ok.

I then made a ton of edits via the toolbox- for some reason very little fanart was dloaded, even though I'm certain I had the fanart box checked???

Anyway, I checked to be sure the WIN path matched the PCH path in the settings area, browsing to the drive as suggested.

Well, apparently that's where it all went wrong.

Because my jukebox never updated- as a matter of fact, all the changes I DID make saw no info at all! For instance, I changed the cover art for 2001 A Space Odyssey, and while the movie played fine, the cover art was gone. Ditto for the other 300+ titles.

It appears it is the SHARE that needs to be precisely detailed in the WIN path...not browsing to the drive, then the folder where the share resides...a little bird fixed this for me. biggrin.gif Once that was corrected I was able to mod titles and of course they changed on the PCH.

Now though, it appears that this entire DB is unsalvageable?! Amazing to me. I thought this was simply directing the db I created where to go?!

Still, it appears my only reasonable resort is to rescan (hopefully with fanart this time) and ensure the paths are set correctly this time??? I would really rather not manually fix 300+ titles...but can I do an auto scan via the TB too and just manually fix the titles it doesn't find?

If I'm missing a better (and/or more obvious) option, please advise. If it's best to start over I suppose that's what I'll do. But that about people who may change their systems on occasion...do they simply save the db before setting paths so it's always there to apply?

thanks again for any advisement.

James

post #2261 of 2300 Old 01-15-2014, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

I just had a similar issue but I store my database on my UnRAID server so it can feed more than one PCH.  The problem I had was a share issue where the db was originally scanned with the root user accessing the share so the paths to all of my movie files were linked to this user account.  Because of a change in UnRAID, the root user can no longer be used to access shares (security feature) and you must create at least one new user.  One day when I couldn't access the share, I created the new user and was able to stream from the list mode.  The next time I used NMJ (several weeks later), I kept getting the yellow triangle when trying to play the movie and knew it was most likely a path/share issue (since NMJTBv2 was scanning and updating artwork fine) but couldn't figure out why it wasn't working.  Using NMJTBv2, I attempted to add another path (actually the same path I already had) to see if I could find any difference.  That's when I realized that NMJ couldn't auto mount the share because of a permissions issue in the db structure.  Well, I got a little impatient and just rescanned my entire database (+600 movies and 29 TV shows with multiple seasons each).  Rom later confirmed that I could've edited the database path with and SQL editor (for which I have no experience but he indicated it was rather simple) and I could've done a mass update on the path.  Anyway, I took this opportunity to update all of my movie titles with "local" artwork so the next time I have to rescan the database for whatever reason, all of the artwork will be what I want.  Alternatively, you might be able to salvage the artwork in your current db by manually adding to the new db since I believe it's only related to the filename of the video or TV Show / Season / Episode etc.

Having said this and since I saw your post in the NMT forum yesterday, I would continue to seek Rom's advice for the best means to correct your database.  He will know the easiest/best way to get what you want.

EDIT:  After reading Rom's reply to your thread in the NMT forum, I don't think the striked out portion above would work.  You might be able to salvage the images but I'm not sure how you would reassign the image path as indicated by one of the bulk item tools in NMJTBv2 (i.e. remove image path).  I'm sure it's possible but just not as I described.  I've been thinking about asking Rom for a way to export the images in the database to the local folders as another bulk action that would save a lot of time updating covers in the future.

post #2262 of 2300 Old 01-15-2014, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

An option for all you that want local artwork is use mymovies to grab the artwork once. It can be automated but also lets you pick artwork you want and the naming scheme is NMJ compatible
post #2263 of 2300 Old 01-15-2014, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

An option for all you that want local artwork is use mymovies to grab the artwork once. It can be automated but also lets you pick artwork you want and the naming scheme is NMJ compatible

Is this what you're talking about?  I couldn't tell if this is freeware or just a trial version but it sounds like it does what I'm asking.  I'll check it out later when I can run the installer.

post #2264 of 2300 Old 01-15-2014, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Is this what you're talking about?  I couldn't tell if this is freeware or just a trial version but it sounds like it does what I'm asking.  I'll check it out later when I can run the installer.

Yes the way mymovies works is there is the free version then the points/pay version that has high quality art
post #2265 of 2300 Old 01-19-2014, 01:40 AM

Liked: 10

Hi All, 

I have just ordered the PCH A-400 and should arrive this week. I have aquestion and I can’t seem to find an answer.

Where does the NMJ store the cover art and media information?  Is it on the internal HDD or the media storage device (in my case a Synology 1812+ NAS)

If stored on the internal hard drive is it worth using a SSD drive to speed up cover art information when scrolling or can you use a SD/USE drive to store information?

Thanks

Andrew

post #2266 of 2300 Old 01-19-2014, 05:47 AM
AVS Special Member

By default, NMJ stores the cover art in the same location as your media. If your share is read only and you have a USB, SSD or HD attached to the A-400 with NMT apps installed then it will default to this location. Having said that, you can trick NMJ to store the jukebox in any location using NMJ Toolbox v2. You just have to create a jukebox in the location you want with NMJ. If there's no media in this location then just put one file there for the NMJ scanner. Once the media.db file is created, use NMJTB v2 to add the path of your media to the database and scan for new media. Once complete, you can either remove the single entry or delete the original path.
MarkHotchkiss likes this.
post #2267 of 2300 Old 01-19-2014, 06:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 29

Where can you buy a the Popcorn Hours Players? I am looking at the A-410 that is supposed to be released in a few days. I go on the Cloud Media Website and they offering shipping to pretty much everywhere except the US.

I contacted them and they said that they aren't currently shipping to the US due to changes in payment and shipping?

post #2268 of 2300 Old 01-19-2014, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

correct the A410 has not been released in the USA yet. There is some sort of dispute going on causing shipments to the USA to cease for the moment.
post #2269 of 2300 Old 01-19-2014, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

correct the A410 has not been released in the USA yet. There is some sort of dispute going on causing shipments to the USA to cease for the moment.

The way the e-mail reads its not just the A-410 its ALL of the products offered on the Could Media Website.

post #2270 of 2300 Old 01-19-2014, 07:43 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 538 Post(s)
Liked: 682
Yes. From what I've read, it sounds like right now all of the PCH media players are being blocked from being imported into the US.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #2271 of 2300 Old 01-25-2014, 07:15 AM

Liked: 11
thinking about the A410 popcorn player.

1) How well do they stream from a NAS using NFS?
2) Have they improved in terms of stability? i.e. does it reboot itself more often.
3) how well is the Jukebox covertart compared to Zappiti or Yadis?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

TV: Panasonic 55" TX-P55VT65 Surround: Yamaha RX1073 + Orbs Audio Mod2 7.1 + SVS SB12-NSD Processor: Lumagen XS3D+ Darbee v3 Players: HDI Dune Prime 3 / Popcorn Hour A410 NAS: Qnap 869 Pro
post #2272 of 2300 Old 01-25-2014, 11:05 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by a5ian300zx View Post

thinking about the A410 popcorn player.

1) How well do they stream from a NAS using NFS?
2) Have they improved in terms of stability? i.e. does it reboot itself more often.
3) how well is the Jukebox covertart compared to Zappiti or Yadis?

I'm using SMB and it has worked very well with SMB on my A-400. I don't use NFS from my unRAID servers anymore.

I've not had any reboot problems with my two A400s so I would expect the A410 to be the same.

I've never used Zappiti or Yadis. But I use NMJ Toolbox2 on the PC for scraping my media. And I use tablets to select the content, view synopsis, cover art etc, and use the tablet to initiate playback of my content from the same page.

LED DLP

post #2273 of 2300 Old 01-25-2014, 11:56 AM

Liked: 11
Thanks for the feedback.

How well does it cope with the jelly fish demo. Can it do 120 or 90?

Is the menu navigation quite speedy or sluggish?

Thanks

Jellyfish Bitrate Test Files

TV: Panasonic 55" TX-P55VT65 Surround: Yamaha RX1073 + Orbs Audio Mod2 7.1 + SVS SB12-NSD Processor: Lumagen XS3D+ Darbee v3 Players: HDI Dune Prime 3 / Popcorn Hour A410 NAS: Qnap 869 Pro
post #2274 of 2300 Old 01-25-2014, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by a5ian300zx View Post

Thanks for the feedback.

How well does it cope with the jelly fish demo. Can it do 120 or 90?

Is the menu navigation quite speedy or sluggish?

Thanks

Jellyfish Bitrate Test Files

The Jelly Fish demo isn't a very good test anymore. All of the current players can handle the video in these files. The problem is that the Jelly Fish files have no audio. if you look back at the beginning of this thread the majority of the issues with the A400 were audio related.

Looky here!
post #2275 of 2300 Old 01-25-2014, 03:05 PM
AVS Club Gold

The audio issues were pretty much fixed. The only thing that I've run into that can cause an issue is when a studio puts hundreds of different tracks on a title. That can cause some glitches. Fortunately that has been rare and maybe even fixed now. I'm not sure. It's been a long time since I've run into a title that I've had any issues playing back the BD ISO over my network.

They did have a new firmware that came out last week. I've only played a few BD ISOs with it but so far I've not had any issues. I stopped running the beta firmwares a while ago and only deal with the official released firmwares now.

LED DLP

post #2276 of 2300 Old 01-25-2014, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:

The audio issues were pretty much fixed. The only thing that I've run into that can cause an issue is when a studio puts hundreds of different tracks on a title. That can cause some glitches. Fortunately that has been rare and maybe even fixed now. I'm not sure. It's been a long time since I've run into a title that I've had any issues playing back the BD ISO over my network.

They did have a new firmware that came out last week. I've only played a few BD ISOs with it but so far I've not had any issues. I stopped running the beta firmwares a while ago and only deal with the official released firmwares now.

Right, I was just pointing out that testing with files that don't have audio in them doesn't serve much purpose.

Looky here!
post #2277 of 2300 Old 01-26-2014, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Akira Blu-ray with 24/192 audio (over 14Mb/s for the audio alone) is still my go-to torture stream for any player and/or HTPC.
post #2278 of 2300 Old 01-26-2014, 01:41 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post

Akira Blu-ray with 24/192 audio (over 14Mb/s for the audio alone) is still my go-to torture stream for any player and/or HTPC.

The A-400 plays it fine over the network with SMB. At least the last time I checked it which was several months ago.

LED DLP

post #2279 of 2300 Old 01-26-2014, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:

The A-400 plays it fine over the network with SMB. At least the last time I checked it which was several months ago.

I didn't think the A400 would have any issues with it but there are players out there and a few HTPCs that seem to choke on it.
post #2280 of 2300 Old 01-30-2014, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post

Quote:

I didn't think the A400 would have any issues with it but there are players out there and a few HTPCs that seem to choke on it.

That's why hardware playback rules... :p

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Popcorn Hour A 400 Network Media Jukebox

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page