POPCORN HOUR A-400 is coming soon - Page 79 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Gaming & Content Streaming > Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming > POPCORN HOUR A-400 is coming soon

Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt
05:26 PM Liked: 853
post #2341 of 2345
Yesterday | Posts: 22,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post
I have two PCH's and have never had an issue until lately. Right now it is laggy rewinding and fast forwarding. Sometimes it will go slow and then crash and other times it will buffer for a long time. I am also getting the buffer wheel when I start movies and change chapters. This use to be flawless for me and now I am very disappointed. BOTH of them are doing this. One is wired directly to the router and the other is wired directly to a bridge. My media is pulled off of my Flexraid server. Please help me sort this out. I have tried everything that I can think of and it is not my network because I can watch a movie on my computer directly off of the server. But then again, who knows because both of my PCH's are acting up. This is why I am lost.
DId it just start? Did it update to the newer firmware recently? Maybe you need to downgrade to one of the previous firmwares. Some people have been having issues with the firmware that was released in August.
Pain Infliction's Avatar Pain Infliction
07:30 PM Liked: 221
post #2342 of 2345
Yesterday | Posts: 2,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
DId it just start? Did it update to the newer firmware recently? Maybe you need to downgrade to one of the previous firmwares. Some people have been having issues with the firmware that was released in August.

Thanks for the reply! It did just start to happen about a week ago. After tearing into it more and more I found it was a hard drive in my server failing. It took me a while to realize it but figured it out when some of my movies were having the issue explained above and other were not. Then I played a lot of my recent movies without a hiccup and went back a played movies that I have had since I built my server and realized what was going on. I ran a drive heath status in my server software and sure enough, it was failing. I just went to best buy and picked up another drive and swapped it out. Right now my server is restoring the drive and it looks like it is going to take a little bit to be finished. I will post what the end results are when it is done. Crossing my fingers that everything will be simple and ready to go.

What issues were people having with the August firmware?

Thanks again!
06:18 AM Liked: 221
post #2343 of 2345
Today | Posts: 2,960
I woke up this morning and went to check to see what my server was doing and it was finished restoring my drive. Restarted my drive pool and tested. PERFECT! Everything is back to normal now! This had me really worried because it was the first time that I have ever had to replace a drive. Good to know that it is not that hard and I can do it no problem next time. I also know the symptoms so it won't take me a long time to figure out what the issue is.
Gary J's Avatar Gary J
06:27 AM Liked: 102
post #2344 of 2345
Today | Posts: 7,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post
I have tried everything that I can think of and it is not my network
One thing I have learned from reading the thread for years is - it usually is.
06:38 AM Liked: 221
post #2345 of 2345
Today | Posts: 2,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
One thing I have learned from reading the thread for years is - it usually is.
PCH is a really solid unit. I have tried streaming my blurays with different media streamers such as Appletv and WDTV and they would act up on me. Maybe it is because they do not have gigabit ethernet port. This is why I bought another PCH off of ebay about a month or so ago. I really like the way the jukebox is too. A lot of people have had issues with their units and I guess that I have been fortunate. Then again, all I do is stream my blurays with it and nothing else. Too bad they stopped selling them to the U.S.
Tags: Popcorn Hour A 400 Network Media Jukebox

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Subscribe to this Thread