post #2341 of 2342 Old Today, 05:26 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1056 Post(s)
Liked: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post
I have two PCH's and have never had an issue until lately. Right now it is laggy rewinding and fast forwarding. Sometimes it will go slow and then crash and other times it will buffer for a long time. I am also getting the buffer wheel when I start movies and change chapters. This use to be flawless for me and now I am very disappointed. BOTH of them are doing this. One is wired directly to the router and the other is wired directly to a bridge. My media is pulled off of my Flexraid server. Please help me sort this out. I have tried everything that I can think of and it is not my network because I can watch a movie on my computer directly off of the server. But then again, who knows because both of my PCH's are acting up. This is why I am lost.
DId it just start? Did it update to the newer firmware recently? Maybe you need to downgrade to one of the previous firmwares. Some people have been having issues with the firmware that was released in August.

40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2342 of 2342 Old Today, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
DId it just start? Did it update to the newer firmware recently? Maybe you need to downgrade to one of the previous firmwares. Some people have been having issues with the firmware that was released in August.

Thanks for the reply! It did just start to happen about a week ago. After tearing into it more and more I found it was a hard drive in my server failing. It took me a while to realize it but figured it out when some of my movies were having the issue explained above and other were not. Then I played a lot of my recent movies without a hiccup and went back a played movies that I have had since I built my server and realized what was going on. I ran a drive heath status in my server software and sure enough, it was failing. I just went to best buy and picked up another drive and swapped it out. Right now my server is restoring the drive and it looks like it is going to take a little bit to be finished. I will post what the end results are when it is done. Crossing my fingers that everything will be simple and ready to go.

What issues were people having with the August firmware?

Thanks again!

MY THEATER......The Thompson Theater 11.9 channels

"Is not love not unlike the unlikely not it is unlikened to?"
- Leon Phelps
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Popcorn Hour A 400 Network Media Jukebox

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page