POPCORN HOUR A-400 is coming soon - Page 80 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

Old 12-20-2015, 07:31 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 37
The A-400 works fine with Atmos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2015, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 978 Post(s)
Liked: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemac View Post
The A-400 works fine with Atmos.
Thanks that what I have been reading.

http://www.computertechnologieslab.com/ Website Design Professionals

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
Old 12-22-2015, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 48
^^ you mean you don't have $10K for the Sony 4K projector!!?? J/K. I have an AVR w/Atmos but I'm not using it. I connected it while my other AVR was getting repaired but I didn't config the speakers for Atmos. Bottom-line is even though I don't know the answer to your question I thought I'd at least respond so you know that someone read your post.

I "hope" the A400 will pass it through however the flip-side is will a ripper be able to capture that audio stream (unless you're doing ISO rips)?

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Old 12-22-2015, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryker View Post
^^ you mean you don't have $10K for the Sony 4K projector!!?? J/K. I have an AVR w/Atmos but I'm not using it. I connected it while my other AVR was getting repaired but I didn't config the speakers for Atmos. Bottom-line is even though I don't know the answer to your question I thought I'd at least respond so you know that someone read your post.

I "hope" the A400 will pass it through however the flip-side is will a ripper be able to capture that audio stream (unless you're doing ISO rips)?
There was an update to makeMKV a while back so that it could properly encode the TrueHD stream for Atmos. Since Atmos resides as metadata in the multichannel stream, as long as it gets encoded properly there should be no issue to pass it through. I'll have my Atmos setup next week and will report back if there's no additional confirmation.

On a different note, has anyone experienced level drops in MKV streams with their A400? I'm having a difficult time troubleshooting if the issue is the player or my tv. Seems as though the sound drops in level momentarily just enough to be audible. I'm not talking about TrueHD "dropouts" as the sound is still there but lower in level. The only thing I've confirmed is that it's not the files because I can FF or REW and not repeat the problem.
Old 12-22-2015, 07:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkasanic View Post
There was an update to makeMKV a while back so that it could properly encode the TrueHD stream for Atmos. Since Atmos resides as metadata in the multichannel stream, as long as it gets encoded properly there should be no issue to pass it through. I'll have my Atmos setup next week and will report back if there's no additional confirmation.
I can confirm that MakeMKV rips the Atmos track just fine and my V-Ten, after a recent firmware upgrade, passes that Atmos track to my prepro just fine, as well. It has been reported that the A-400/410 does too!

Life is good!

Cheers

Marantz AV8802A | Wyred 4 Sound (500W X 3, 250W X 2) | Marantz MM7025 (140W X 2) | Oppo BDP-83 (waiting on a 4K version) | ATV3 | Popcorn Hour V-Ten | Vizo M65-C1 (waiting for Oled to mature a bit) | MiniDSP DDRC-88A | Oppo PM1 | APC H-15 power conditioners (x2)
GoldenEar Triton 1's (FL & FR) | SuperCenter XL (C) | Aon 2's (SL & SR) | SuperSat 3's (FHL & FHR) | SVS PB13-Ultra
Old 12-24-2015, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

I have ran into a problem with trying to play a .mkv file for the first time ever on the A400. All of my movies will play except this one movie. I have tried to remux it, run through makemkv, updated firmware, etc. I am at a loss. I stream everything from my flexraid server to my A400's both of them will not read the file. When it tries to play the movie, there is the loading circle and then the screen just goes back to where it was like I didn't press play yet. WTF???!!! Any suggestions?

Also, the files play just fine on my computers with VLC player.

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander

Last edited by Pain Infliction; 12-24-2015 at 09:30 AM.
Old 12-24-2015, 10:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 4177 Post(s)
Liked: 3491
Post the media info (minus the file name). Also, when I have run into that, using mkvmerge to "redo" the file has worked. Sometimes it's just a corrupt file, even if it does play on your PC.

Sent from nowhere
Old 12-24-2015, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Post the media info (minus the file name). Also, when I have run into that, using mkvmerge to "redo" the file has worked. Sometimes it's just a corrupt file, even if it does play on your PC.

Sent from nowhere
Thanks for the reply! I have tried two different file sources and they both did not work for this particular movie. So strange! I've tried mkvtoolnix as well and couldn't get it to work either unless there is a setting I need to change.

Here is the media info. I hope this is what you are requesting.

SOURCE : Blu-ray Disc
FORMAT : MKV (Matroska)
SIZE : 32.1 GiB
DURATION : 02:01:20 (h:m:s)

VIDEO
CODEC : AVC
TYPE : 1080p (Progressive)
FRAME RATE : 23.976 fps
DISPLAY ASPECT RATIO : 16:9
FORMAT PROFILE LEVEL : High@L4.1
BITRATE : 33.1 Mbps
WIDTH x HEIGHT : 1920 x 1080 pixels

AUDIO (1)
CODEC : TrueHD Atmos
LANGUAGE : English
CHANNEL(S) : 7.1
BITRATE : 4070 kbps
SAMPLING RATE : 48 KHz
BIT DEPTH : 24 bits

Just checked powerdvd and it plays fine on there too. Has to be the A400, but why?

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander

Last edited by Pain Infliction; 12-24-2015 at 11:01 AM.
Old 12-24-2015, 12:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post
I have ran into a problem with trying to play a .mkv file for the first time ever on the A400. All of my movies will play except this one movie. I have tried to remux it, run through makemkv, updated firmware, etc. I am at a loss. I stream everything from my flexraid server to my A400's both of them will not read the file. When it tries to play the movie, there is the loading circle and then the screen just goes back to where it was like I didn't press play yet. WTF???!!! Any suggestions?

Also, the files play just fine on my computers with VLC player.
I'll quote this one, rather than the longer one! Out of curiosity, which movie is it?

Merry Xmas to all!

Marantz AV8802A | Wyred 4 Sound (500W X 3, 250W X 2) | Marantz MM7025 (140W X 2) | Oppo BDP-83 (waiting on a 4K version) | ATV3 | Popcorn Hour V-Ten | Vizo M65-C1 (waiting for Oled to mature a bit) | MiniDSP DDRC-88A | Oppo PM1 | APC H-15 power conditioners (x2)
GoldenEar Triton 1's (FL & FR) | SuperCenter XL (C) | Aon 2's (SL & SR) | SuperSat 3's (FHL & FHR) | SVS PB13-Ultra
Old 12-26-2015, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

I finally got the movie to play but not any mkv file. I had to use an entire bluray rip and tell NMJ toolbox2 to select 364mpls from the playlist in the folder. All of the demuxing, muxing, trying 4 or five different mkv files didn't work. I am still wondering why this happened and only on this specific movie, but at least I learned from this if this ever happens again.

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
Old Today, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Is anyone using Movienizer on the A-400?
Old Today, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
Is anyone using Movienizer on the A-400?
Never heard of it. HEY - just realized you changed your avatar!

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Popcorn Hour A 400 Network Media Jukebox