I have recently purchsed an ATV3, with the hopes of jailbreaking it. My tv is a 720p plasma. I'm assuming since my tv is 720p, it doesn't matter if I have 1080p or 720p, it will be output as 720p regardless.
My question is this...I have the option to trade it for an ATV2, which I can jailbreak right now. Should I keep the 1080p ATV3 and wait for the jailbreak to come out, or should I go ahead and swap for the ATV2. I mainly plan to use this for Netflix, and XBMC (once jailbroken) to stream from other sites. I don't plan on doing alot of streaming of 1080p files across my local network.
Any thoughts, tips, wishes, hopes, dreams, prayers?