Media streamer comparison chart anywhere? - AVS Forum
Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming > Media streamer comparison chart anywhere?
CanadianZ's Avatar CanadianZ 10:15 PM 10-29-2012
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a comparison chart of various media streamers or if anyone can help me find one that suits my needs.

I need it to;

1. Play 1080p mkv videos from usb
2. Be HD audio capable (both DTS and Dolby)

I would really like it to;

1. Be able to run an xbmc front end
2. Be controlled by android or ios device
3. connect to netflix

I currently have an LG ST600 and it doesn't play all my videos and can't pass HD audio.

Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tony

jeffschallenberg's Avatar jeffschallenberg 06:55 AM 10-30-2012
You could start here:

http://www.iboum.com/net-media-players.php

A huge selection, many ways to filter the database.

DTS could be a problem:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1831111
Brajesh's Avatar Brajesh 12:24 PM 11-12-2012
Just authored an article here, which will hopefully help people in picking a suitable media streamer. Feedback welcome.
kopkiwi's Avatar kopkiwi 05:35 PM 11-12-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

Just authored an article here, which will hopefully help people in picking a suitable media streamer. Feedback welcome.

Good article, just left a comment. Look forward to your reply
wadeh911's Avatar wadeh911 06:23 PM 11-12-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

Good article. None of the streamers you write about received high marks in their handling of HD audio music from downloads sources such as HDTracks or B&WSociety. May want to check out the Micca EP600 G2 digital media player as I purchased it a few weeks ago primarily to play my HD lossless audio FLAC files. So far it has been solid.
halfelite's Avatar halfelite 07:15 PM 11-12-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeh911 View Post

Good article. None of the streamers you write about received high marks in their handling of HD audio music from downloads sources such as HDTracks or B&WSociety. May want to check out the Micca EP600 G2 digital media player as I purchased it a few weeks ago primarily to play my HD lossless audio FLAC files. So far it has been solid.

I have ripped lots of audio files to FLAC and never had an issue on any box, HDtracks I swear does something that makes there tracks different just cant peg it down I even had the same player popcorn hour c200 hooked up to a pioneer avr and I had nothing but issues with and HDtrack test file, I got rid of the pioneer and switched to an ONKYO same file same player played fine, So it was something with that track that actually through off the AVR not the player.
Brajesh's Avatar Brajesh 08:46 AM 11-13-2012
Thanks kopkiwi, I updated my article to address music, to extent I could anyway.
Up
Mobile  Desktop