Wireless stream from PC to bluray - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-09-2012, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I'm new to the whole streaming from my PC but I've been researching a lot lately and can't quite find exactly what I want to do. Basically I have a bunch of music in .FLAC format and want to output it to my stereo through my bluray in WAV format since it won't play FLAC. Now I'm using mediamonkey gold on my PC which actually does output the FLAC as wave to my Bluray and I can see it on my network and play it fine and it sounds great, etc. My problem is I'm forced to use the bluray to pick the songs and the interface is terrible so what I would like to do is use mediamonkeys player to pick the songs and just have the bluray basically pass the audio signal on to my receiver, if I could get the video on the screen to show the song title that's a bonus but not necessary. Anyone do something similar or know if this is possible? I'd like to avoid buying extra hardware if possible but don't mind buying software if something will do everything I need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-09-2012, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
How about connecting your PC to your receiver with HDMI? Thats what I do and it works very well.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-09-2012, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I might end up doing something similar only problem at the moment is my receiver and computer don't have HDMI and my computer is in another room so would be nice to do it wireless. The other thing I forgot to mention is my bluray is a Sony that does it's Party streaming thing so if I could find a way to set my computer as the party "host" then the bluray could join the party as a guest and I think it would do what I want but I'm not sure if that's possible either.
post #4 of 4 Old 11-09-2012, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
get squeezebox touch. it stream flac smoothly. no need to turn on ps3 or any monitor. use you iphone or ipad to control.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page