Mede8er MED600X3D new 3D version to 2013 - Page 11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #301 of 905 Old 01-20-2013, 03:05 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 34
much better, you can tweak the subtitles to get the 3d effect but its too distraction, actually i watch all my movies without subtitles, especially 3D and my first language is not english.

regards

Portuguese Blog & Forum Discussion about Audio & Video
Visit our Blog & Forum CinemaHIFI.PT
Like cinemahifi on Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 905 Old 01-20-2013, 03:59 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i wonder between this produit MED600X3D and the new DUNE HD TV-303D, what one is better? what are the differences?

otherwise (sorry, i am newbie for 3D): it works well with the 3D SBS or T&B film + 'normal' subtitle .srt? (i mean, the subtitle is normaly for the 2D films)

thanks a lot
post #303 of 905 Old 01-20-2013, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

teste some anime sample files HI10P and play without issues sound + image - pass

(version 2.0.0)

ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High 10@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 6 frames
Muxing mode : Header stripping
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 7mn 34s
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 10 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Writing library : x264 core 125 r2200+677M 3a754e7

post #304 of 905 Old 01-20-2013, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post

teste some anime sample files HI10P and play without issues sound + image - pass

(version 2.0.0)

If I pm you some links of more 10bit stuff mind testing? file size could be up in the GB size?
post #305 of 905 Old 01-21-2013, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

If I pm you some links of more 10bit stuff mind testing? file size could be up in the GB size?

sure no worrys

post #306 of 905 Old 01-21-2013, 06:13 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

(version 2.0.0)

Hi!
What is the benefit of HI10P? Only for anime?
Thanks.
post #307 of 905 Old 01-21-2013, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by feadin View Post

Hi!
What is the benefit of HI10P? Only for anime?
Thanks.

post #308 of 905 Old 01-21-2013, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 59
How was the ssa subs displayed with the mede8er. I will send you some links in a bit to test with. also if you dont mind a screenshot of a time where I could see if it displays subtitles correctly?
post #309 of 905 Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 AM

canton160, thanks for this information!
post #310 of 905 Old 01-21-2013, 08:16 PM

Have read through the thread but have a couple of questions, sorry if i missed the answers in here:

- Does the 600 or 1000 decode Dolby True HD / DTS Master to LPCM over HDMI?
- Do they have Cinavia enabled? Yes i know at the moment .mkv is not affected but how long can that last?

Looking to updrade from a Dune H1
post #311 of 905 Old 01-22-2013, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Albert View Post

Have read through the thread but have a couple of questions, sorry if i missed the answers in here:

- Do they have Cinavia enabled? Yes i know at the moment .mkv is not affected but how long can that last?

- No
- No

I believe the new Dune HD Base 3D decodes Dolby True HD / DTS Master to LPCM over HDMI.
I doubt we will see any streamers with Cinavia enabled moving forward...that also means no BD menus just BD-Lite.
post #312 of 905 Old 01-22-2013, 07:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:

Curious why you think mkv is not affected? MKV is just a container, if a player is Cinavia enabled it will reject the mkv as well.

As obie_fl commented though, No to both of the above

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #313 of 905 Old 01-22-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Curious why you think mkv is not affected? MKV is just a container, if a player is Cinavia enabled it will reject the mkv as well.

As obie_fl commented though, No to both of the above

I was reading the Oppo 103 thread and the guys there are saying that .ISO and BMDV folders are nabbed by Cinavia but not .mkv

Opinion stated there was that how long would it be before the MPAA etc mandated that Cinavia be applied to .mkv in a firmware update...just what I read there.
post #314 of 905 Old 01-22-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obie_fl View Post

- No
- No

I believe the new Dune HD Base 3D decodes Dolby True HD / DTS Master to LPCM over HDMI.
I doubt we will see any streamers with Cinavia enabled moving forward...that also means no BD menus just BD-Lite.

OK so that's a no go for me then, I need LPCM decode.

Med8er guys, any chance of this coming in firmware? A lot of people out there with legacy equipment....
post #315 of 905 Old 01-22-2013, 10:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:

I was reading the Oppo 103 thread and the guys there are saying that .ISO and BMDV folders are nabbed by Cinavia but not .mkv

Opinion stated there was that how long would it be before the MPAA etc mandated that Cinavia be applied to .mkv in a firmware update...just what I read there.

Ah, I see. I think it depends on whether or not a separate playback engine is used for folder rips vs others (mkvs, etc...). I believe for the PS3 Cinavia hits every file type.

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #316 of 905 Old 01-22-2013, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Ah, I see. I think it depends on whether or not a separate playback engine is used for folder rips vs others (mkvs, etc...). I believe for the PS3 Cinavia hits every file type.

Yes - a friend of mine had to find alternatives to his PS3 because of Cinavia.

Looky here!
post #317 of 905 Old 01-22-2013, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

OK so that's a no go for me then, I need LPCM decode.

Med8er guys, any chance of this coming in firmware? A lot of people out there with legacy equipment....

i advise you get proper av receiver for hd sound, they are rather cheap.
my sony s790 blu-ray player (2012) decodes hd audio, but is no near close to what my AV amplifier sounds and with 3d support

Same will apply to any media player or BD player that decodes audio, would sound thin and closed, similar to does home cinema supermaket kits all-in-one..just rubbish eek.gif

any 3D receiver with hd sound is very affordable with top noch sound quality these days.

post #318 of 905 Old 01-22-2013, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:

i advise you get proper av receiver for hd sound, they are rather cheap.
my sony s790 blu-ray player (2012) decodes hd audio, but is no near close to what my AV amplifier sounds and with 3d support

Same will apply to any media player or BD player that decodes audio, would sound thin and closed, similar to does home cinema supermaket kits all-in-one..just rubbish eek.gif

any 3D receiver with hd sound is very affordable with top noch sound quality these days.

Well as one who also needs decoding in the player I have to say you don't have a clue what you are talking about. If you are referring to BD decoding I'd humbly suggest you had something setup wrong when you were doing decoding in the player or the player was defective. I'm assuming you were using HDMI to output the PCM otherwise you may have a point. There are actually many good reasons to decode in the player not the least of which is secondary audio which can't be mixed in losslessly in the receiver. DTS-HD and Dolby True are lossless and it shouldn't matter where you unpack them. Sure there may be some slight differences in the decoders, DTS is known to have some weird optional implementations but for the most part it doesn't make a difference where it is decoded people just like seeing the indicators light up on their receivers. If you read many of the blu-ray players threads here you will quickly see that a lot of the people having audio issues are bitstreaming but when they switch to internal decoding things work fine.

Many of us still have HDMI processors that don't have the lossless codecs built in but accept 5.1 24/96 audio just fine over the interface. The replacement processor for my Anthem D2 retails for $9500 I'm not in a position to make that upgrade. I can guarantee though that my D2 will sound better then any cheap receiver when fed by a player doing the decoding. I will also go so far to say that a decent HDMI receiver from a few years back fed PCM will sound just as good as its newer counterparts decoding the HD codecs.
post #319 of 905 Old 01-24-2013, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

im posting this info that seems is not mention in any of recent topics about the mede8er players

Anyone ripping their movies with makemkv with english audio track and require only subtitles for foreign language and alien language in some movies, need to leave the correct forced subtitles tick so that makemkv rip the appropriate subtitles.

the subtitle definition must be on in GUI , at the start of the movie and without user intervention, when the english subtitle are required to translate the foreign/alien, the subtitle is show up on the screen.

this metod is supported in med1000x3d and mede600x3d in version 1.0.5 and 2.0.0

Heres a example of avatar , the freench forced subtitles only show up when they speak na´vi.

it works flawless with MKV format , i tested few movies , like district 9 , avatar, inglorious basters etc

it also work with iso but the forced subtitle must be the first from the top to be without user intervention.

post #320 of 905 Old 01-24-2013, 10:57 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:

im posting this info that seems is not mention in any of recent topics about the mede8er players

Anyone ripping their movies with makemkv with english audio track and require only subtitles for foreign language and alien language in some movies, need to leave the correct forced subtitles tick so that makemkv rip the appropriate subtitles.

the subtitle definition must be on in GUI , at the start of the movie and without user intervention, when the english subtitle are required to translate the foreign/alien, the subtitle is show up on the screen.

this metod is supported in med1000x3d and mede600x3d in version 1.0.5 and 2.0.0

Heres a example of avatar , the freench forced subtitles only show up when they speak na´vi.

it also work with iso but the forced subtitle must be the first from the top.

That's good to know. I'll have to update my version to 1.0.5 or 2.0.0 later this week so that I can play movies with forced subtitles. I do rip my 2D movies with makemkv and I always tell it to rip all the English forced sub nodes like in your picture, and at times there could be more than 1 node for the English forced sub, so I check them all. For 3D movies, they are mainly iso and view in folder format.

So just to be clear, when we start a movie, do we change anything on the subtitle menu? I usually see like 2-3 listings for English where usually the 1st is just the normal subtitles that you play throughout the movie, I think. How do you know which English title to choose from in that scenario? I guess in your example, you only ripped the French forced sub and so that was the only option in French to choose from?

Also you mentioned for iso's that it only works if the forced sub is the first one listed in the sub menu, and if that is the case, I guess there is no way to control that and it's just a guess during playback? Unless there is a way to control that when you rip the 3D movie to iso, and if so, that would be good to know how to do that using DVDFab?

Thanks,

post #321 of 905 Old 01-24-2013, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkoman View Post

That's good to know. I'll have to update my version to 1.0.5 or 2.0.0 later this week so that I can play movies with forced subtitles. I do rip my 2D movies with makemkv and I always tell it to rip all the English forced sub nodes like in your picture, and at times there could be more than 1 node for the English forced sub, so I check them all. For 3D movies, they are mainly iso and view in folder format.

So just to be clear, when we start a movie, do we change anything on the subtitle menu? I usually see like 2-3 listings for English where usually the 1st is just the normal subtitles that you play throughout the movie, I think. How do you know which English title to choose from in that scenario? I guess in your example, you only ripped the French forced sub and so that was the only option in French to choose from?

Also you mentioned for iso's that it only works if the forced sub is the first one listed in the sub menu, and if that is the case, I guess there is no way to control that and it's just a guess during playback? Unless there is a way to control that when you rip the 3D movie to iso, and if so, that would be good to know how to do that using DVDFab?

Thanks,

if your rip has the correct forced subtitles you dont have to do anything, just need to leave subtitlles on in the menu, they will play.
normally the forced english subtitles are the first english subtitles from the bottom, its the one im ripping with makemkv with sucess after further testing.
i dont have too many movies that require forced subtitles, hopefully i wont get to much work.

ISO the subtitle position are normally like that:

1- english > normal
2-english >director´s commentary
3-german> normal
4-french > normal
5-english > forced
6-german > forced
7-french > forced

im not aware of any toll that extract the other subtiles from ISO and leave the forced ones, until there choosing manually (The last sub from the bottom ) will do a job in ISO or Until mede8er team figures a solution to force x or y subtitle.

post #322 of 905 Old 01-24-2013, 06:29 PM

Hi All,

Can one of these units be purchased for the Australian market? If so where from... Many thanks in advance...
post #323 of 905 Old 01-24-2013, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomorf View Post

Hi All,

Can one of these units be purchased for the Australian market? If so where from... Many thanks in advance...

see here

http://www.mede8er.eu/en/index.php?d=dealers

post #324 of 905 Old 01-25-2013, 12:51 AM

Hi Canton,

thanks for the quick reply... Looking at Media Concepts now...
post #325 of 905 Old 01-25-2013, 06:13 AM

Liked: 16
Update

X3D - V2 will support an Aggregated Movie JukeBox so that content can by aggregated across SMB and NFS shares on different PC's NAS devices as well as Internal HDD and USB drives connected to the X3D.

Mede8er1
post #326 of 905 Old 01-25-2013, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mede8er1 View Post

Update

X3D - V2 will support an Aggregated Movie JukeBox so that content can by aggregated across SMB and NFS shares on different PC's NAS devices as well as Internal HDD and USB drives connected to the X3D.

Mede8er1

Is this a different product altogether or just new firmware?
post #327 of 905 Old 01-25-2013, 07:34 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:

New firmware

Mede8er1
post #328 of 905 Old 01-25-2013, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mede8er1 View Post

Update

Mede8er1

I would also like to know this. I plan on purchasing one soon and will wait for v2 if its a new device and not just fw.
post #329 of 905 Old 01-25-2013, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoakk View Post

I would also like to know this. I plan on purchasing one soon and will wait for v2 if its a new device and not just fw.

V2 is the next firmware revision. It's currently in beta and is for the 600/1000 series.

Looky here!
post #330 of 905 Old 01-25-2013, 05:36 PM

Awesome, thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Med1000x3d Hd 3d Multimedia Player
Gear in this thread