Mede8er MED600X3D new 3D version to 2013 - Page 28 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #811 of 851 Old 02-07-2014, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
hifiaudio2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,528
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 57
By the way, I haven't examined this subtitle issue extremely closely. How many titles does it skip, or is it a time thing from when the first subtitle appears? If they go away for a while and come back in the same movie, does it drop some again?
hifiaudio2 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #812 of 851 Old 02-07-2014, 04:14 PM
Senior Member
 
djc11369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 462
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2 View Post

Other than this subtitle issue I really like the player. Way more polished and "current gen" feeling and looking that my Dune. Of course my Dune is the Smart series, so its not the latest that they have anyway. The video wall looks much nicer and higher resolution on the Mede8er. I dont like the way the movie cover looks though once its on the main movie screen (after you select a title). I assume downloading a different skin would fix that. I dont like the opaque box that around the cover art on that screen.

I really like the player as well, a few quirks but solid enough that it doesn't feel like a project to work on whenever I use it. I believe there are different templates you can download but don't take it to the bank on that one, I used the default and it was good enough for me so I haven't played around with it. You can change the box around the cover art, there are some downloads for changing just that or some skins incorporate it. I'm currently using the one from Spinnenbein, quite nice in my opinion, and it makes the box red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2 View Post

By the way, I haven't examined this subtitle issue extremely closely. How many titles does it skip, or is it a time thing from when the first subtitle appears? If they go away for a while and come back in the same movie, does it drop some again?

It's been awhile but it was the first line or two and then would be okay. If I remember correctly if you fast forwarded or jumped ahead it would repeat it with the next group of subs.
djc11369 is offline  
post #813 of 851 Old 02-07-2014, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
GusGus748s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Visalia, CA 93291
Posts: 6,291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2 View Post

Other than this subtitle issue I really like the player. Way more polished and "current gen" feeling and looking that my Dune. Of course my Dune is the Smart series, so its not the latest that they have anyway. The video wall looks much nicer and higher resolution on the Mede8er. I dont like the way the movie cover looks though once its on the main movie screen (after you select a title). I assume downloading a different skin would fix that. I dont like the opaque box that around the cover art on that screen.

Hey, if you don't like your Dune let me have it. I'll take a Dune Smart Series over any Mede8er any day.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8599

 

Home Theater Set Up:

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8597

GusGus748s is online now  
post #814 of 851 Old 02-07-2014, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
hifiaudio2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,528
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Ha. Yeah actually I went to watch a movie on the Dune and can't get it to access my movies on the Synology. It's my fault as I moved the folders around some, but I have tried to fix all the links, etc with no luck. Zappiti gives me the url error and I get "cannot open folder" when I just try to add an nfs folder to the network places section in the dune menu. Not sure what I am doing wrong that I did right the first time I set it up. Was there somewhere to add the guest network password on the dune? I don't remember. I set up the mede8er and it played the files from the Synology fine. At first it was playing them in fast speed and giving popping noises, but I turned off auto frame rate and lip sync and it fixed it. Not sure which was causing the problem.

EDIT: figured out the problem.. I didn't realize that capitalization mattered on every single word in the NFS path. Its a wonder I got any of it to work without realizing that. Now I can see multiple shares with the Dune as well.
hifiaudio2 is online now  
post #815 of 851 Old 03-05-2014, 06:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
deewan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa... GO HAWKS!
Posts: 1,226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I have this posted on the Mede8er forum but haven't really gotten much input that I have not already tried, so I thought I would try here instead. My network is centered around a gigaswitch (TP-Link TL-SG1016 Gigabit Switch) is all wired and all using Cat6 cables. HDMI from the 600X to my AV processor (Emotiva UMC-1), and then HDMI from the processor to my projector (JVC RS4910). I have been using DVDFab to rip only the main movie as an .ISO file to my 4TB NAS (D-Link DNS 326). My NAS is not running any other than the D-Link setup software that came with the unit. The Mede8er 600X setup was done using the suggested settings listed here: http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,12359.msg81142.html#msg81142

I love the product and interface but have problems with nearly every file I watch. When watching an .ISO file, most of the time the audio completely drops out and does not return within 10 seconds to 4 minutes of starting the movie. So I began converting my .ISO files to .MKV files. Things began working a little better, but not perfect. Now I can get about 45 minutes into the movie before encountering issues. The audio doesn't completely drop out, but the video and audio begin to stutter. I've tried a few different settings including pass-through audio and video instead of forcing 1080p 23.976Hz and forcing DTS-HD 7.1. Nothing seems to help. Any idea of what could be causing the issues? I've watched 5 movies (in MKV file format) and only 1 movie didn't have problems bad enough to cause me to curse. rolleyes.gif
deewan is offline  
post #816 of 851 Old 03-05-2014, 06:44 AM
Senior Member
 
funhouse69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by deewan View Post

I have this posted on the Mede8er forum but haven't really gotten much input that I have not already tried, so I thought I would try here instead. My network is centered around a gigaswitch (TP-Link TL-SG1016 Gigabit Switch) is all wired and all using Cat6 cables. HDMI from the 600X to my AV processor (Emotiva UMC-1), and then HDMI from the processor to my projector (JVC RS4910). I have been using DVDFab to rip only the main movie as an .ISO file to my 4TB NAS (D-Link DNS 326). My NAS is not running any other than the D-Link setup software that came with the unit. The Mede8er 600X setup was done using the suggested settings listed here: http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,12359.msg81142.html#msg81142

I love the product and interface but have problems with nearly every file I watch. When watching an .ISO file, most of the time the audio completely drops out and does not return within 10 seconds to 4 minutes of starting the movie. So I began converting my .ISO files to .MKV files. Things began working a little better, but not perfect. Now I can get about 45 minutes into the movie before encountering issues. The audio doesn't completely drop out, but the video and audio begin to stutter. I've tried a few different settings including pass-through audio and video instead of forcing 1080p 23.976Hz and forcing DTS-HD 7.1. Nothing seems to help. Any idea of what could be causing the issues? I've watched 5 movies (in MKV file format) and only 1 movie didn't have problems bad enough to cause me to curse. rolleyes.gif

 

Lets dive in to this and maybe do a little testing to see if we can figure this out...

 

Does this happen at the exact same place every single time in a specific movie? So the issue happens at say at 10 minutes and 10 seconds of a movie you go watch another movie, go back to the first one and at the same spot it will do it again? If so then I would lean towards some kind of an encoding / playback issue. If not then I would lean towards either a Network Issue or maybe even something up with the Mede8er itself.


Just to be clear on your setup the movies you are playing are stored on a 4TB Drive that is connected to your router? Could there be some kind of an issue there? Is there anyway just for testing purposes to either connect the hard drive directly to the Mede8er or use another drive?

 

I was ripping using DVDFab in to ISO Files as well and had random by consistent drop outs that would happen in the same exact place on only some movies like Star Wars, Enders Game and the worst of all was The Lorax. I converted the same exact .iso file to an MKV File using MakeMKV and the issues were gone completely in every single instance (so far).

funhouse69 is offline  
post #817 of 851 Old 03-05-2014, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
canton160's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 576
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by deewan View Post

I have this posted on the Mede8er forum but haven't really gotten much input that I have not already tried, so I thought I would try here instead. My network is centered around a gigaswitch (TP-Link TL-SG1016 Gigabit Switch) is all wired and all using Cat6 cables. HDMI from the 600X to my AV processor (Emotiva UMC-1), and then HDMI from the processor to my projector (JVC RS4910). I have been using DVDFab to rip only the main movie as an .ISO file to my 4TB NAS (D-Link DNS 326). My NAS is not running any other than the D-Link setup software that came with the unit. The Mede8er 600X setup was done using the suggested settings listed here: http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,12359.msg81142.html#msg81142

I love the product and interface but have problems with nearly every file I watch. When watching an .ISO file, most of the time the audio completely drops out and does not return within 10 seconds to 4 minutes of starting the movie. So I began converting my .ISO files to .MKV files. Things began working a little better, but not perfect. Now I can get about 45 minutes into the movie before encountering issues. The audio doesn't completely drop out, but the video and audio begin to stutter. I've tried a few different settings including pass-through audio and video instead of forcing 1080p 23.976Hz and forcing DTS-HD 7.1. Nothing seems to help. Any idea of what could be causing the issues? I've watched 5 movies (in MKV file formar) and only 1 movie didn't have problems bad enough to cause me to curse. rolleyes.gif

I dont have any issues by network or usb

What you have to do is test the problematic file by USB, if still not working, the problem resides in FILE, if working by usb, it can be a network issue.

1- from dvdfab use clone methodISO , i dont no what dvdfab does to the files ripping only the main movie.
2- mkv from original is best option and bug free.

Projector Mitsubishi HC5

Projector Optoma hd300x 

Av receiver Onkyo TX-NR 818

Oppo 103D

Media player Med1000x3D

 

 

KEN KREISEL DXD-808 

Q7000 5.1

canton160 is online now  
post #818 of 851 Old 03-05-2014, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
deewan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa... GO HAWKS!
Posts: 1,226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Thanks for the replies funhouse and canton.

I ripped Ironman 3 last night using MakeMKV to see if that file would have the same issues as the file created by DVDFab, but didn't have a chance to test the file. As canton stated, it could be an issue with the file. Iroman 3 had the worst issues. It never worked more than 4 minutes into the movie. Other movies have better success rates going anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes in sometimes.

The audio dropouts when I was using .ISO files would happen at roughly the same points, but not always at a single point. What I mean is when watching Ironman 3 .ISO, the audio would dropout completely at the 5 second mark into the movie, at roughly 1 minute into the movie, or maybe around 5 minutes into the movie. Always seemed to be one of those timestamps. I can't be 100% sure it was always at the exact same timestamp as I didn't pay that close of attention since it did vary. When I would watch MKV files, the audio and video stutters at completely random times. Not always at the some specific timestamp. But those MKV files were made from the DVDFab . ISO files. So if DVD Fab introduced an issue, MakeMKV most likely wouldn't resolve it.

My 600XD is hooked directly to my gigaswitch router, which is also hooked to my NAS. I've tested my test speed (not my internet speed) and it is well above the required speeds, even when I have other network usage. So I don't think it could be my network.

I had also thought about trying to hook my NAS directly to my 600X using a USB cable. I can wire my NAS directly to my 600X using USB while still leaving my NAS wired to my network using Cat6, right?
deewan is offline  
post #819 of 851 Old 03-05-2014, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
hifiaudio2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,528
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Before going any further, have you ruled out network issues by playing back the same files from a USB connected hard drive?
hifiaudio2 is online now  
post #820 of 851 Old 03-05-2014, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
blipszyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 2,517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 32
If I had to guess, I'd say it's your NAS or Network. Have you confirmed the network connection to the NAS? Is it 100MB or 1GB? What about duplex. Sometimes Auto-negotiation can choose half-duplex instead of full and that can cause all sorts of problems. How are you connecting to the shares - are you using standard Windows connections (CIFS/SMB) or did you setup NFS shares? Try NFS if you are using CIFS.

Visit the Lipszyc Home Theater! 1.0
2.0 done and finally posted! - Theater 2.0

And now...The Queen City Theater (3.0)
blipszyc is online now  
post #821 of 851 Old 03-05-2014, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
deewan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa... GO HAWKS!
Posts: 1,226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Thanks for your input. As I mentioned before I have tested my network speed and have more than enough speed to handle streaming of these large files. I confirmed last night the NAS is set to 1GB. So unless the gigabit switch at random times, that seem to correspond to the file, clamp down on bandwidth, I don't think it is my network. but I will be testing using my USB ports tonight just to be sure. tonight I will also be testing the newly ripped MKV file made with MakeMKV instead of a DVDFab .ISO file or a MKV file that was made using a DVDFab .ISO file.

One other thing that I could add. I also have a Micca 600ep media streamer upstairs that I did have in my theater before a remodel and some upgrades. That player never dropped audio or stuttered video or audio in the 1+ years I had it in the system. I may test it upstairs as well.
deewan is offline  
post #822 of 851 Old 03-05-2014, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
hifiaudio2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,528
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Maybe the Mede8er is overheating, or just broken in some way. Once you rule out network completely and try MakeMKV just to make sure its not your rips (I use anydvdhd and makemkv fyi) , you have a good leg to stand on for an exchange or repair.
hifiaudio2 is online now  
post #823 of 851 Old 03-05-2014, 08:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
deewan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa... GO HAWKS!
Posts: 1,226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Files made by MakeMKV have the same issue. I did another speed test on my network and found plenty of extra speed. I don't have a USB to USB cable, so I tried something else. I streamed the files from my NAS to my Oppo 103D. MKV files... ISO files... all played with no audio dropouts or stutter. Granted I didn't watch more than 10-20 minutes of each movie, but even skipping chapters and starting play in the middle of a movie yielded smooth audio and video with the Oppo. So, unless the Mede8er 600X is the cause of the network issue, it appears the 600X I have is a dud. Has anyone on her purchased and return for exchanged theirs? Who do I contact or go about returning it? Just email MediaConcepts?

Thanks to everyone for the people trying to resolve my issue.
deewan is offline  
post #824 of 851 Old 03-05-2014, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
hifiaudio2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,528
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 57
I didn't think that 103 oppo played .iso files. Is your nas mounting and transcoding them?
hifiaudio2 is online now  
post #825 of 851 Old 03-05-2014, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
hifiaudio2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,528
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 57
I Would still want to try USB connected movies. Maybe get yourself a 32gb USB stick and give that a try?
hifiaudio2 is online now  
post #826 of 851 Old 03-05-2014, 10:07 PM
Senior Member
 
funhouse69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by deewan View Post

Files made by MakeMKV have the same issue. I did another speed test on my network and found plenty of extra speed. I don't have a USB to USB cable, so I tried something else. I streamed the files from my NAS to my Oppo 103D. MKV files... ISO files... all played with no audio dropouts or stutter. Granted I didn't watch more than 10-20 minutes of each movie, but even skipping chapters and starting play in the middle of a movie yielded smooth audio and video with the Oppo. So, unless the Mede8er 600X is the cause of the network issue, it appears the 600X I have is a dud. Has anyone on her purchased and return for exchanged theirs? Who do I contact or go about returning it? Just email MediaConcepts?

Thanks to everyone for the people trying to resolve my issue.


One thing you didn't mention is if the dropouts happen at the exact same time / place each time? This is a very important clue in this trying to figure this out.

 

There are any number of things that can cause even the slightest network glitch especially having your drive connected to a router which is why everyone suggested testing by connecting a hard drive directly to your Mede8er.

 

Do you have anything else going on with that hard drive? Do you have some kind of backup, does the router try and put it to sleep after so much time. I know you said you tested it on another player but its like bring a car to the mechanic and trying to get some kind of noise to happen again, it just doesn't for some reason.

 

Do you have the latest / greatest Mede8er Firmware (Not Beta) installed?

 

If you bought it from MediaConcepts just e-mail them, I got a defective Mede8er my first try and they were very responsive and swapped it out for me without any problems / issues whatsoever. Mine would randomly power itself off, lock up and would not recognize anything connected to the USB Ports.

funhouse69 is offline  
post #827 of 851 Old 03-06-2014, 05:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
deewan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa... GO HAWKS!
Posts: 1,226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
As I mentioned above, the audio drop outs would happen at similar spots, but not always at the same time stamp. My NAS is only used for HD movies. Doesn't back up anything, including itself. My gigabit switch is completely passive, but even if it were trying to put the NAS to sleep, that timing is completely random. Sometimes it happens within 4 seconds of the movie, sometimes it happens 12 minutes into the movie.... or the audio and video stuttering starts 50-60 minutes in. The player came with the latest firmware installed (V3.0.3 from MediaConcepts. I don't believe it is a overheating issue of the Mede8er since it is sitting on a shelf by itself in a open rack. I doubt if the air temp around it ever reaches above 75 degrees since its freezing cold here in Iowa this winter. I will do some more testing tonight, but just find it really odd this player is taking weeks to work the kinks while my much cheaper Micca was plug and play and my Oppo ( which I didn't even realize streamed .ISO files until last night) without any setup at all works just fine.
deewan is offline  
post #828 of 851 Old 03-06-2014, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
robnix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by deewan View Post

As I mentioned above, the audio drop outs would happen at similar spots, but not always at the same time stamp. My NAS is only used for HD movies. Doesn't back up anything, including itself. My gigabit switch is completely passive, but even if it were trying to put the NAS to sleep, that timing is completely random. Sometimes it happens within 4 seconds of the movie, sometimes it happens 12 minutes into the movie.... or the audio and video stuttering starts 50-60 minutes in. The player came with the latest firmware installed (V3.0.3 from MediaConcepts. I don't believe it is a overheating issue of the Mede8er since it is sitting on a shelf by itself in a open rack. I doubt if the air temp around it ever reaches above 75 degrees since its freezing cold here in Iowa this winter. I will do some more testing tonight, but just find it really odd this player is taking weeks to work the kinks while my much cheaper Micca was plug and play and my Oppo ( which I didn't even realize streamed .ISO files until last night) without any setup at all works just fine.

What make and model switch? Do you have anything silly like Jumbo Frames turned on?

Looky here!
robnix is offline  
post #829 of 851 Old 03-06-2014, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
hifiaudio2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,528
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 57
From my understanding, and indicated on this link, the 103 cannot play Blu Ray .iso files. Your nas must be mounting and streaming/transcoding the .iso files...
hifiaudio2 is online now  
post #830 of 851 Old 03-06-2014, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
deewan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa... GO HAWKS!
Posts: 1,226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

What make and model switch? Do you have anything silly like Jumbo Frames turned on?

My switch is the TP-Link TL-SG1016 Gigabit Switch. I did have Jumbo Frames turned off, but turned it on just to see if it would break or unbreak the Mede8er. There was no difference that I saw during my test viewing. But this reminds me, I need to go back in and turn off jumbo frames.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2 View Post

From my understanding, and indicated on this link, the 103 cannot play Blu Ray .iso files. Your nas must be mounting and streaming/transcoding the .iso files...
I was under the belief the Oppo wold not stream BluRay .ISO files as well. Perhaps I selected a movie/file I thought I had not converted from .ISO to .MKV yet, but I had indeed converted it. I have been watching so many files and trying so many setups that everything is starting to run together. Unfortunately, nothing has helped with the Mede8er's smooth running. frown.gif
deewan is offline  
post #831 of 851 Old 03-06-2014, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
blipszyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 2,517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 32
You haven't answered how you are connecting to the shares? NFS or CIFS?

Visit the Lipszyc Home Theater! 1.0
2.0 done and finally posted! - Theater 2.0

And now...The Queen City Theater (3.0)
blipszyc is online now  
post #832 of 851 Old 03-06-2014, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Rudy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 3,059
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 89
I believe NFS rsize 32K is the preferred mode for streaming from a NAS with the MED600X3D. It's what I use with my Synology NAS and I never experience any audio or video issues, even with 3D Blu-ray ISOs.
Rudy1 is online now  
post #833 of 851 Old 03-06-2014, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
deewan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa... GO HAWKS!
Posts: 1,226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by blipszyc View Post

You haven't answered how you are connecting to the shares? NFS or CIFS?

As I stated above, I have no additional software installed on my NAS or for my NAS. I am not using NFS. Simply installed the hard drives, formatted them, and setup on the network. I've never had any issues streaming to any of my other devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post

I believe NFS rsize 32K is the preferred mode for streaming from a NAS with the MED600X3D. It's what I use with my Synology NAS and I never experience any audio or video issues, even with 3D Blu-ray ISOs.

I have the rsize set to 32K. I've also tried auto. neither had an impact.
deewan is offline  
post #834 of 851 Old 03-06-2014, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Brajesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Metro Atlanta
Posts: 5,720
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
I have the rsize set to 32K. I've also tried auto. neither had an impact.
Did you also select UDP on the same screen, and power off and back on before trying?

HD Media Keen Videosaurus
Brajesh is online now  
post #835 of 851 Old 03-06-2014, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
deewan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa... GO HAWKS!
Posts: 1,226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

Did you also select UDP on the same screen, and power off and back on before trying?

I will try right now. I have noticed I basically have the stuttering happen at the same points of the movie each and every time I watch a file. So it might be something with my files. But the files I am using are files made with MakeMKV from Blu-Ray rips. These files play fine when viewing using the Oppo 103D.

BTW- earlier when I mentioned the Oppo played a BR .ISO file, I was mistaken. It was a file I did not think I have converted yet to .MKV, but I had.
deewan is offline  
post #836 of 851 Old 03-06-2014, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
deewan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa... GO HAWKS!
Posts: 1,226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

Did you also select UDP on the same screen, and power off and back on before trying?

Well, I am not sure if it was this setting since I did have it on auto(?), but I have reset my NAS, reset the 600XD, and so far any and all MKV file plays 100% fine. .ISO files still drop audio at certain timestamps. but if all I have to do is convert to MKV, I can live with that.

Thanks all for your help!!!!!!

BTW, something funny is going on, because I did try my Oppo on a BR .ISO file, and it did play. I took a video of it to prove it. Will post it later if anyone wants to see it and perhaps explain why it works. eek.gif
deewan is offline  
post #837 of 851 Old 03-06-2014, 07:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
obie_fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: SpaceCoast, FL
Posts: 1,949
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I'd like to see that Oppo iso video.
obie_fl is offline  
post #838 of 851 Old 03-06-2014, 08:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
deewan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa... GO HAWKS!
Posts: 1,226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
....and once again, I am wrong. I had both .MKV and .ISO files for Man of Steel in the same folder and the Oppo defaulted to the .MKV instead of the .ISO. Ugh, I can't wait for all this to be over (should be now) so I can stop trying different confirms and get confused on what file I am watching and where issues happen. Sorry for any confusion.
deewan is offline  
post #839 of 851 Old 03-24-2014, 01:28 AM
235
Senior Member
 
235's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 482
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Can HDMI and component outputs both be hooked up and working at the same time?
235 is offline  
post #840 of 851 Old 03-24-2014, 01:55 AM
Senior Member
 
funhouse69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by 235 View Post

Can HDMI and component outputs both be hooked up and working at the same time?


Absolutely!

funhouse69 is offline  
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Med1000x3d Hd 3d Multimedia Player
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off