Mede8er MED600X3D new 3D version to 2013 - Page 31 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #901 of 905 Old 08-31-2014, 12:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
if i pick up a 600 or 800 am i able to add my own wifi card to it? does anyone know what kind the factory version is (realtek, atheros, etc etc? i have a box full of wifi cards here (i do pc repair and warr work) and would love to be able to just use one i have sitting here?

is the 600 or 800 still up at the top or is there anything newer that is better? i had planned on buying one a few months back and had other stuff come up and want to get one this coming month. wondering if these are still good choices if buying now? i actually returned a kdlinks model because it just did not work right and i got no where with their support.

appreciate the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 905 Old 08-31-2014, 12:46 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by thezman View Post
if i pick up a 600 or 800 am i able to add my own wifi card to it? does anyone know what kind the factory version is (realtek, atheros, etc etc? i have a box full of wifi cards here (i do pc repair and warr work) and would love to be able to just use one i have sitting here?

is the 600 or 800 still up at the top or is there anything newer that is better? i had planned on buying one a few months back and had other stuff come up and want to get one this coming month. wondering if these are still good choices if buying now? i actually returned a kdlinks model because it just did not work right and i got no where with their support.

appreciate the help!
The MED600, 800 and 1000x3D are the current models. The only difference between them is that the 800 and 1000 can take an internal hard drive. The 800 has a removable sled and also a fan where the 1000 has a fanless / spaceship design.

The Mede8er x3D Models support both internal and external WIFI and according to the US Distributors website you can buy the internal card as an "Accessory"

http://www.mediaconceptusa.com/accessories.html

According to the Manual it only supports the Mede8er Wireless Dongle MED10WFB. (Other brands will not work).

I still highly recommend the Mede8er Players since you can't get the Popcorn Hours in the US anymore and Dune seems to be fading away as well, I've had great luck with their support when I got a unit that wasn't quite right out of the box and their forum is also great for any other questions you might have.
post #903 of 905 Old 08-31-2014, 01:01 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
so is anyone one of the three better then the others? how well does the fanless design work in the 1000 i like the ease of swapping drives but i do like the looks of the 800 better. and is the 800 or 1000 due to the internal drive and faster overall or have less issues with playback vs the external drive?

edit: looks like many different usb dongles work just fine. im really interested about finding out the model on the sticker of the pcie card (not mede8er model but the oem model number)

edit again: found the info. the card is just a rtl8188ce (non bluetooth version) and a few other tested rtl cards work as well. nice i have a bunch of those here and ill experiment with a couple ac cards i have (i doubt they will work because it seems this will only work with all realtek chips overall but worth a shot)

thanks again!!

Last edited by thezman; 08-31-2014 at 01:41 AM.
post #904 of 905 Old 09-17-2014, 02:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So what is the picture quality performance of this device in comparison to the Dune? I have never used a Realtek based device, so I am very curious.
post #905 of 905 Old 09-17-2014, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_abbot View Post
So what is the picture quality performance of this device in comparison to the Dune? I have never used a Realtek based device, so I am very curious.
I have a Dune Base3D and the Mede8er 600X3D. I may do a comparison one day, but as far as I can tell, 1to1 BR rips are pretty much identical on both.

Looky here!
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Med1000x3d Hd 3d Multimedia Player
Gear in this thread