post #931 of 935 Old 12-15-2014, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by djc11369 View Post
I haven't had this issue with the Mede8er but I did have it with a BD player going to my rear projection TV, the solution in my case was setting the resolution to a fixed output instead of leaving on Auto. Ever since then I set the resolution on every device instead of the Auto setting.
I made sure CEC was off on everything and that resolution on the mede8er is forced to 1080/60. 30 minutes into a movie this afternoon video dropped. I'm leaning towards the mede8er as the problem but I just don't understand why I can get an image on the 2nd display but not the PJ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 935 Old 12-15-2014, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post
I made sure CEC was off on everything and that resolution on the mede8er is forced to 1080/60. 30 minutes into a movie this afternoon video dropped. I'm leaning towards the mede8er as the problem but I just don't understand why I can get an image on the 2nd display but not the PJ.
My BD player also exhibited the behavior of dropping during playback as well but alas you've already set it forced so obviously not your issue. Have you posted in the Mede8er forum? The mod's are pretty knowledgeable and may have fielded this problem before.
post #933 of 935 Old Today, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Guys, how about mede8er BD picture quality compared to sony PS3 ?

I want ps3 level BD picture quality in my new multimedia player, but I dont know if it's possible. Right now I have connected my PC to the HDTV, and the same BD's looks much worse on my PC (HDMI cable, 680GTX + mediaplayerclassic) compared to my PS3, colors and contrast are washed out.
post #934 of 935 Old Today, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawel86ck View Post
Guys, how about mede8er BD picture quality compared to sony PS3 ?

I want ps3 level BD picture quality in my new multimedia player, but I dont know if it's possible. Right now I have connected my PC to the HDTV, and the same BD's looks much worse on my PC (HDMI cable, 680GTX + mediaplayerclassic) compared to my PS3, colors and contrast are washed out.
Mede8er video output is excellent.

If your video is washed out on your PC, most likely you have the wrong RGB range set. It should be set to RGB Limited, I'm guessing you have it at RGB full right now.

Looky here!
post #935 of 935 Old Today, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
EDID- Robnix, you were right, it was RGB levels issue , but I HAD TO RESTART MY PC, in order to see that change, now colors and contrast looks like on my ps3

Last edited by pawel86ck; Today at 11:58 AM.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Med1000x3d Hd 3d Multimedia Player
Gear in this thread