post #181 of 851 Old 12-24-2012, 08:52 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mede8er1 View Post

Will discuss with our engineers and see if we can add some some options for V2 firmware
Mede8er1

Thanks! I don't mean to sound like I'm busting balls. I appreciate that you guys seem to be on top of things and stand by your product. It's rare to see, particularly in the NMT realm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 851 Old 12-24-2012, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 58
For the ones with remote problems Have you tried opening the mede8er and bending the IR a little to see if you are not just getting reflection feedback?
post #183 of 851 Old 12-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoHo View Post

Quote:

Will discuss with our engineers and see if we can add some some options for V2 firmware
Mede8er1

Thanks! I don't mean to sound like I'm busting balls. I appreciate that you guys seem to be on top of things and stand by your product. It's rare to see, particularly in the NMT realm.

+1 ... Many thanks for that !
post #184 of 851 Old 12-25-2012, 10:56 AM

I'm curious (before I decide to buy) when playing simple Half Side-By-Side 3d video. Is there an option to tell the Player that the TV is in Side-by-Side mode, so that the on screen display and subtitles display properly (mirrors OSD and subtitles on both sides)? The only player I've found that handles this properly is the built-in USB player in my Samsung 3dtv.
post #185 of 851 Old 12-25-2012, 02:31 PM

Liked: 10
Yes with my projector the mede8er sends a frame packed 3D signal which triggers the Projector to switch to 3D mode. The OSD is still usable. If you change the file names to have *.sbs.mkv the mede8er will automatically switch to the correct mode, otherwise you'll have to select 3d sbs yourself in the menu.
post #186 of 851 Old 12-26-2012, 08:06 AM

I purchased 600X3D last week and i'm looking for a option for Video pass through? I have Lumagen Radiance Video processor that i want to use for scaling and interlacing.
I have Oppo BDP-93 that has a Source Direct option in the menu and i want to have similar option in 600X3D?

Currently the video output resolution is fixed and i want to set it such it passes the native resolution of video source.

Can somebody let me know who i can accomplish this?
post #187 of 851 Old 12-26-2012, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by malikarshad View Post

I purchased 600X3D last week and i'm looking for a option for Video pass through? I have Lumagen Radiance Video processor that i want to use for scaling and interlacing.
I have Oppo BDP-93 that has a Source Direct option in the menu and i want to have similar option in 600X3D?
Currently the video output resolution is fixed and i want to set it such it passes the native resolution of video source.
Can somebody let me know who i can accomplish this?

try hdmi auto and autoframerate on

you can ask @thrang he has one of does Lumagen Radiance Video processor .

Projector Mitsubishi HC5

Projector Optoma hd300x 

Av receiver Onkyo TX-NR 818

Oppo 103D

Media player Med1000x3D

KEN KREISEL DXD-808 

Q7000 5.1

post #188 of 851 Old 12-26-2012, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post

try hdmi auto and autoframerate on
you can ask @thrang he has one of does Lumagen Radiance Video processor .

he was looking for a Source Direct Option which is not available ;-).....I dont see it happening on any current player either......
post #189 of 851 Old 12-27-2012, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quick Impression of the MED600X3D:

Based on all the positive comments here and in the 1000X3D thread I went ahead and picked up a 600 unit. Delivery in 2 days from CA to FL very nice!
I played my my 1:1 true (47GB) Avatar 3D iso via 1T external USB drive. HDMI connected to my Panasonic TC-P65VT50 plasma TV and running fiber audio to my pre-pro due to lack of HDMI.
Movie played flawlessly in true 3D. The image was stunning! They included a nice letter inside from the tech telling me they updated the latest firmware which I thought was a nice touch. Down the road, I might venture into the NAS drive thing, for now 1TB/2TB USB drives rule for me.

My western media player will now be the backup....

Canton & others: Thanks for the all posts that made the decision easy...

Vince
post #190 of 851 Old 12-27-2012, 07:59 PM

Liked: 13
Hi All,

I'm definitely enjoying my 600X the past week or so. I have been going thru my 3D movies and ripping them to iso's. I originally did this with AnyDVD HD with the 'keep protection' flagged checked and found out that the iso would not play that way. Since then, the trial version was up and so I've been using DVDFab to use those same iso's and to create one's without the protection flag. Now, I'm running into an issue with the Underworld Awakening because before DVDFab creates an iso, it mentions something about Cinavia, and when I play that 3D iso on the 600X, I get some foreign language on the screen for about a minute, so I am assuming its the Cinavia protection.

Can someone let me know what they are doing to be able to play 3D iso's on the 600X that have Cinavia? Are people removing this via DVDFab somehow? I own the disc so I can re-rip if I need in case I missed an option somewhere. I also have Tin Tin 3D but have not tested that yet, but I think I came across this as another title with Cinavia protection.

Thanks in advance!

post #191 of 851 Old 12-27-2012, 08:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkoman View Post

Hi All,
I'm definitely enjoying my 600X the past week or so. I have been going thru my 3D movies and ripping them to iso's. I originally did this with AnyDVD HD with the 'keep protection' flagged checked and found out that the iso would not play that way. Since then, the trial version was up and so I've been using DVDFab to use those same iso's and to create one's without the protection flag. Now, I'm running into an issue with the Underworld Awakening because before DVDFab creates an iso, it mentions something about Cinavia, and when I play that 3D iso on the 600X, I get some foreign language on the screen for about a minute, so I am assuming its the Cinavia protection.
Can someone let me know what they are doing to be able to play 3D iso's on the 600X that have Cinavia? Are people removing this via DVDFab somehow? I own the disc so I can re-rip if I need in case I missed an option somewhere. I also have Tin Tin 3D but have not tested that yet, but I think I came across this as another title with Cinavia protection.
Thanks in advance!

Make MKV will create 3D MKV's that work just fine. You just need to rename them "movie name.3DSBS.MKV"

The correct signal gets sent over my AVR to my VT50 to switch over to 3D.

Looky here!
post #192 of 851 Old 12-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

Make MKV will create 3D MKV's that work just fine. You just need to rename them "movie name.3DSBS.MKV"

But aren't you losing a good bit of the 3D quality by converting the 3D from frame packed to SBS?
post #193 of 851 Old 12-27-2012, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

But aren't you losing a good bit of the 3D quality by converting the 3D from frame packed to SBS?

Robnix- if the MED600X3D does not have full Bluray menu support and has no Cinavia detection system built-in, all bluray 3D iso's with or without Cinavia should play without audio issues true?

thx Vince
post #194 of 851 Old 12-27-2012, 08:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No - it's identical. MakeMKV rips the MVC track from the BR disc. Adding SBS to the file extension just instructs the mede8er to tell the TV that the video is 3D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince32837 View Post

Robnix- if the MED600X3D does not have full Bluray menu support and has no Cinavia detection system built-in, all bluray 3D iso's with or without Cinavia should play without audio issues true?
thx Vince

Sure - i just like to be consistent in my filetypes.

Looky here!
post #195 of 851 Old 12-27-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:

Thanks robnix! I will try this tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince32837 View Post

thx Vince
Quote:

Sure - i just like to be consistent in my filetypes.

Yeah, this is what I thought about the 600X so I was a little confused on the Cinavia issue on the disc. I thought it didn't have firmware to detect Cinavia. So I must be doing something silly. It just plays the Underworld 3D iso with a foreign language subtitle for about a minute and then stops the movie. Anyhow, I'm trying the MKV way to see what happens, but if anyone else has the Underworld 3D iso, I would like to know if you're able to play the file or not just in case I'm doing something incorrectly.

Thanks,

post #196 of 851 Old 12-28-2012, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkoman View Post

Hi All,
Thanks in advance!

Can you use Make MKV to create an mkv out of an ISO, which was created and had the protection flag removed by AnyDVD?

____

Axel

post #197 of 851 Old 12-28-2012, 07:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post

Can you use Make MKV to create an mkv out of an ISO, which was created and had the protection flag removed by AnyDVD?
____
Axel

Yes, you just need to mount the ISO first

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #198 of 851 Old 12-28-2012, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post

____
Axel

Yes. It will also handle folder structures.

Looky here!
post #199 of 851 Old 12-28-2012, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Yes, you just need to mount the ISO first

Actually you don't. MakeMKV can read the ISO file without mounting it in a virtual drive.

Looky here!
post #200 of 851 Old 12-28-2012, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

dbone1026 and robnix, thanks for the quick reply, guys!

____

Axel

post #201 of 851 Old 12-28-2012, 09:23 AM

^ ^ ^
As the others have mentioned yes you can. I was able to take the 3D iso of underworld mount it and then let MakeMKV create a 3D mkv file which played fine on the 600x. I tested earlier today and it worked great. So for the Cinavia issue on this disc and others that will be the work around.

Thanks robnix! Also didn't know you don't have to mount for MakeMKV to work. Only an extra step but old to know.

post #202 of 851 Old 12-28-2012, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

Mede8er1

Any chance you guys are also taking a look at the forced subtitles issue? This is a pretty big item for many of us. Thanks!
post #203 of 851 Old 12-28-2012, 10:57 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Any chance you guys are also taking a look at the forced subtitles issue? This is a pretty big item for many of us. Thanks!

Yes we will. Just busy with V2 firmware now and need to get the basics working well and then we will look at this.

Mede8er1
post #204 of 851 Old 12-28-2012, 04:03 PM

Gurus,

In 2007, we had 400 disc DVD changers and Escient Fireballs that made matrixed video just fine. I just awoke from a 5-year hibernation on the other side of the country with a box of 200 DVDs (some Blu-Ray, but most (gasp) are vanilla DVDs) and no megachanger.

After spending a while online coming to grips with the fact that mega-changers for DVD have gone the way of the 8-track tape, I find myself here, surfing the bleeding edge. By way of an attempt to flip my AV retrovision toward the future, I have dutifully read every post in this thread. While it has been an enthralling education, I find myself wondering the following:

(1) 3D? I'm still in 2D with old school LCD viewing. Which of these Mede8ers models makes sense for me? Do I go for the 600 or 1000 with the expectation that I might one day make it to 3D and be primed for the inevitable availability of 4D or do I look to all of the lesser models (450X2, 500X, 500X2) on Media Concept's website that no one talks about, but they still apparently sell?

(2) ISO and MKV sound cool along with the other appealing three letter acronyms that adorn this thread like so many twinkling holiday codecs or file formats or whatevers. I get that with 3D software mkv is my acronym of choice. Does that apply to a Fistful of Dollars recorded on DVD by Thomas Edison as well? If so, what is the best converter for the Macintosh?

I do have a modern computer, even if some might consider it frou-frou.

Many thanks for your help. Please pardon the irreverence; just looking to stream.

Ripping van Winkle
post #205 of 851 Old 12-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

No - it's identical. MakeMKV rips the MVC track from the BR disc. Adding SBS to the file extension just instructs the mede8er to tell the TV that the video is 3D.

Interesting...so MakeMKV doesn't actually convert it to SBS? And the 600X3D won't put my projector in side by side mode? That is good to know. Would love to cut down some of these 50GB rips and get the movie only.
post #206 of 851 Old 12-28-2012, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibix kfrundi View Post

Gurus,
In 2007, we had 400 disc DVD changers and Escient Fireballs that made matrixed video just fine. I just awoke from a 5-year hibernation on the other side of the country with a box of 200 DVDs (some Blu-Ray, but most (gasp) are vanilla DVDs) and no megachanger.
After spending a while online coming to grips with the fact that mega-changers for DVD have gone the way of the 8-track tape, I find myself here, surfing the bleeding edge. By way of an attempt to flip my AV retrovision toward the future, I have dutifully read every post in this thread. While it has been an enthralling education, I find myself wondering the following:
(1) 3D? I'm still in 2D with old school LCD viewing. Which of these Mede8ers models makes sense for me? Do I go for the 600 or 1000 with the expectation that I might one day make it to 3D and be primed for the inevitable availability of 4D or do I look to all of the lesser models (450X2, 500X, 500X2) on Media Concept's website that no one talks about, but they still apparently sell?
(2) ISO and MKV sound cool along with the other appealing three letter acronyms that adorn this thread like so many twinkling holiday codecs or file formats or whatevers. I get that with 3D software mkv is my acronym of choice. Does that apply to a Fistful of Dollars recorded on DVD by Thomas Edison as well? If so, what is the best converter for the Macintosh?
I do have a modern computer, even if some might consider it frou-frou.
Many thanks for your help. Please pardon the irreverence; just looking to stream.
Ripping van Winkle

1) get the 600x3d for streaming or 1000x3d if you using internal hard drive, this models are much better than the old x2 media players.
if 3D is not in your plan , the dune is also good possibility.

2) iso or mkv , to your old dvd are fine, hfs+ or ntfs, use any hard drive format of you choice, both are compatible with X3 models and macs.
i would avoid convertions, i prefer extracting kepping maximum quality.

3) for dvds, no media player can do a fine job upscaling to 1080p, a darblet video processor might be a possibility to take a look if you go that route.

Projector Mitsubishi HC5

Projector Optoma hd300x 

Oppo 103D

Media player Med1000x3D

KEN KREISEL DXD-808 

Q7000 5.1

post #207 of 851 Old 12-28-2012, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Interesting...so MakeMKV doesn't actually convert it to SBS? And the 600X3D won't put my projector in side by side mode? That is good to know. Would love to cut down some of these 50GB rips and get the movie only.

Nope - doing it this way the movie plays on my plasma exactly like putting the disc in our bluray player.

Looky here!
post #208 of 851 Old 12-28-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obveron View Post

I'm curious (before I decide to buy) when playing simple Half Side-By-Side 3d video. Is there an option to tell the Player that the TV is in Side-by-Side mode, so that the on screen display and subtitles display properly (mirrors OSD and subtitles on both sides)? The only player I've found that handles this properly is the built-in USB player in my Samsung 3dtv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalanalogue View Post

Yes with my projector the mede8er sends a frame packed 3D signal which triggers the Projector to switch to 3D mode. The OSD is still usable. If you change the file names to have *.sbs.mkv the mede8er will automatically switch to the correct mode, otherwise you'll have to select 3d sbs yourself in the menu.

OK framepacked 3d isn't what I had in mind. In the case of hSbS files, I'd like to output "2D" HDMI 1.3 to my AVR then to my TV, manually put my TV in Side-by-Side mode (all this works with any player), but also tell the player to mirror the OSD so that it looks right when the TV is in SbS mode.
From what I gather the OSD will look right with framepacked output, but not if i just output the HSBS in "2d" and force my TV into SbS. Framepacked 3d on this player apparently has a 23.976/24.000hz glitch in some situations, and the framepacked stream can't be passed through by many "old" HDMI 1.3 AVRs.
Since HSbS files will not get a resolution benefit being converted to a framepacked output, it makes the most sense just to output them in 2d and use the SbS feature of my TV. The problem is I can't find a player that will adapt it's OSD for a TV that's forced into SbS mode.

Does anyone get what I'm saying?
post #209 of 851 Old 12-28-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post

1) get the 600x3d for streaming or 1000x3d if you using internal hard drive, this models are much better than the old x2 media players.
if 3D is not in your plan , the dune is also good possibility.
2) iso or mkv , to your old dvd are fine, hfs+ or ntfs, use any hard drive format of you choice, both are compatible with X3 models and macs.
i would avoid convertions, i prefer extracting kepping maximum quality.
3) for dvds, no media player can do a fine job upscaling to 1080p, a darblet video processor might be a possibility to take a look if you go that route.

Canton,

Many thanks for your reply. In order to extract using a Mac, what program might I use?

I am completely newb on this point and apologize for diverting the focus of the discussion. I have not been successful searching the forums for the basics of this topic with a 2012 sensibility. In the finder on the Mac, I see two folders one is Audio_TS and the other is Video_TS. The audio folder appears to be empty. The video folder contains three types of files: VOB, BUP, and IFO. The VOB clearly contain the main of the content, although there are 10 of them on the disc that I am examining, ranging in size from 131 KB to 1.07 GB.

What to copy and how to do it?

Again thank you for your help.
post #210 of 851 Old 12-28-2012, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

@nibix kfrundi

you can use makemkv for mac or dvdfab for mac, both are paid, but mostly used to blu-rays, so its future proof.

http://www.makemkv.com/download/
i think you will be fine with makemkv

i opted for dvdfab because at the time they had a lifetime license, and i want to rip blu-rays.

Projector Mitsubishi HC5

Projector Optoma hd300x 

Oppo 103D

Media player Med1000x3D

KEN KREISEL DXD-808 

Q7000 5.1

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Med1000x3d Hd 3d Multimedia Player
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version